Start by marking “Hidden Agendas (Tempting SEALs, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Agendas (Tempting SEALs, #4)

Hidden Agendas

(Tempting SEALs #4)

SAVING LIVES IS HIS MISSION.
Tough-as-nails Navy SEAL Kell Kreiger is the best there is at searching, rescuing, and taking no prisoners…yet even the rush of ever-more dangerous missions isn't enough to satisfy him. Haunted by a tortured past, Kell seeks distraction in a secret world of dark intimacies. But when Emily Stanton, the one ray of light in Kell's shadowy existence
Published June 26th 2007 by St. Martin's

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Agendas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Agendas

Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighThe Darkest Hour by Maya BanksUnlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
I Love A Man In Uniform
1,498 books — 1,482 voters
Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardAfter the Night by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareNaked in Death by J.D. Robb
Best Romantic Suspense
1,877 books — 2,567 voters

More lists with this book...

Dina
Sep 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Being stubborn, er, persistent does pay off and I'm glad I didn't give up on this series after the craptastic Reno's Chance (in Honk If You Love Real Men Four Tales of Erotic Romance) and the disastrous Dangerous Games. For Maggie's Sake (in Real Men Do It Better) was pretty good, but it was "just" a novella and so loosely connected to the series that I wasn't completely sold... until now. Yup, Hidden Agendas has finally made my previous suffering worthwile, LOL.

This book picks up where Dangerou
Buggy
~AWESOME BEGINNING AND ENDING MAKE UP FOR AN OKAY STORY~
Opening Line:"Diego Fuentes stared into the vast panarama of cliffs and ocean outside of his borrowed home, and reflected on destiny."

HIDDEN AGENDAS is part of Lora Leigh's Tempting Seals/Elite Ops series which I'm a huge fan of. As Usual Lora Leigh's bedroom scenes are some of the hottest you'll read and wow can she write a delicious alpha-male hero. Her descriptions of these muscular, testosterone filled, bulge in the jeans men are yummy.
Miss Kim
Dec 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Alpha Male
Emily is the daughter of a powerful Senator, who was kidnapped a few years ago by a dangerous drug lord. Her father is also an ex-Seal. He’s fearful for her safety, and has been controlling her for her entire life. He’s hired bodyguards for the past few years that have to live with her 24/7. He is also secretly hopes she will fall in love with one of them, so he can basically marry her off and not have to worry about her any more. However, she is not cooperating. She’s been in love with Kell, on ...more
jenjn79
Sep 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Rating: 4.5 / 5

As much as I enjoyed Dangerous Games, I think I enjoyed this one a bit more. It was a little more solid on the suspense side of things, but still fairly hot - though maybe not as erotic as Dangerous Games (which is a little disappointing).

Emily was a great heroine to read. I really enjoyed her a lot. She's got this innocent, naive sheen to her, but underneath, she's a total bad-ass. That amused me to no end. I loved all her antics, and the fact that she didn't cower and hide when
Heather
Oct 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Heather by: Collette
Shelves: erotica, lora-leigh
Wow! I would have to say this one might be the most erotic book in the series so far. Super steamy sex scenes and I just love Kell's Cajun accent that comes out at just the right times ;)

Emily is a senators daughter who is constantly being protected by bodyguard after bodyguard following her kidnapping by Fuentes a couple years earlier. She was rescued by none other than Kell, a man she has been pining away for since she was a kid. When Emily causes trouble for the last time and her current bod
Emily
Navy Seal Kell Krieger has been biding his time, keeping a safe distance to his one weakness, Emily Stanton. Kell rescued Emily when she had been kidnapped by Diego Fuentes and fed a lethal drug, years later she has grown into a strong beautiful woman who has a knack for "researching" the unusual that would be deemed unsuitable for a Senator's daughter. After Emily's latest "research" has her seducing a man she doesn't realize is Kell, her time has run out and Kell is about to become an importan ...more
LaFleurBleue
Another book that I could not like.
I spent my whole time reading this huffing, and not like I was panting or gasping because it was so hot. As I found the hot scenes just tepid. There was indeed a consistent accumulation of cliches, bad dialogue lines, each worst than the previous. We discovered the heroine in the first chapter in a strip club, trying her luck as a stripper. Well she was 25, still a virgin (rolleyes, rolleyes) and decided not to remain one for a day longer (cannot roll my eyes e
Alex is The Romance Fox
I love Lora Leigh’s Breeds and Bound Hearts Series but I have not really being interested in her Tempting Seals series. However a friend gave me two books and I decided to check out how good they were.
Hidden Agendas was an enjoyable read but I found a few things that irritated and bored me which had me skipping some pages.

Emily Stanton, is daughter of a senator and has had a crush on Kell Krieger, a Navy Seal, who just so happens to have been so totally in love with her since he first met her, a
Zeek
Feb 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Hidden Agendas by Lora Leigh is the fourth book in her Tempting SEALs series.

Although I know there are more stories in this series, I've only read the two full length novels so far and I've truly enjoyed each one!

The latest, Hidden Agendas, picks up where the last, (Dangerous Games), left off. We see early on that the big bad on the scene, Diego Fuentes, is manipulating things so that he can control one man ... the son that he never knew existed.

Although Fuentes is part of the mob underworld, hi
Ann has a dirty mouth
I really enjoyed the romance between Kell and Emily. They were very sassy and cute together. However, the suspense part of this story was extremely far fetched even by the standards of romantic suspense. Please do yourself a favor and don't think of the motivation of the bad guys, the implausibility of the "whore's dust" drug, how stupid the name "whores dust" sounds, and the fact that the bad guys are right out of an after school special about how drugs are bad, mmmkay?

That being said, this was
Mandy
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lora-leigh
Well....so far I have been pretty disappointed in this series. It's as if a completely different author is writing this series (as opposed to the Nauti series). I don't even really know how to even express what it is that bothers me about this series. Some of the language feels trite and overused. If Kell called Emily a vixen one more time I was going to scream. We get it..she's a vixen...she's his little fox. Whatever.
And apparently I'm glutton for punishment because I'm still interested in Ia
Megan
Jul 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Book 4 in the Tempting SEALs series

This is the first book I have read by this author, and I didn’t feel lost reading this book. Like many series, they typically can be read in any order but I know that one can get the most out of a series by starting at the beginning.

And boy, what a beginning this book has! It was HOT at page 20! However, I found that once the h/h (Kell and Emily) slept together (very early on in the book) I found my interest waning. I love the build up, so when “it” happens so
Shawna
5 stars - Romantic Suspense

Another sizzling read in Lora Leigh's Tempting SEALS romance/action/suspense series. Hidden Agendas featuring alpha male Navy SEAL Kell Kreiger and feisty heroine Emily Stanton has a bit more suspense/action than the previous book in the series, Dangerous Games. The plot has exciting twists and turns that lead up to the next book in the series. Although not quite as erotic as Dangerous Games, it still has very explicit and hot romance. 5 stars!
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fourth book in Lora Leigh's Tempting SEALs series. I had read Dangerous Games and didn't care for it too much. But I decided to give Lora Leigh another chance and I'm glad I did. I liked this one and may just check out more of the series now.
Lauren
Hidden Agendas
3.5 Stars

Tired of her father’s overprotectiveness and interference in her romantic relationships, Emily Stanton wants more for her life. Enter Navy SEAL, Kell Krieger, the one man Emily has always wanted, but could never have … until now, when a dangerous drug lord has set his sights on her and Kell is the only one standing in his way…

The best installment in a series that has been pretty lackluster.

Kell and Emily have sensual and steamy chemistry alongside an emotional attachment
ElaineY
REVIEW OF AUDIOBOOK 2014: COMING
============================================

REVIEW OF MASS PAPERBACK; JANUARY 1, 2007:
I have not read the novella stories in the Tempting SEALs series and tend to regard Hidden Agendas as Book 2 because it's the second of the full-length installment, after Dangerous Games.

HA was much, much better than DG, without the annoying erotica accouterment that was just for show in the earlier book. Hidden Agendas focused on the plot, the characters and is a must-read-fir
Lynsey
Nov 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly...This is one of my favourites in the series so far.Kell is just incredible.He is alpha and dominant in the best possible way and not irritatingly arrogant.I loved his accent and the things he said in the heat of passion left me all tingley.He has a very sad back story which makes you just want to love him!

Emily is full of gumption, although she doesn't know it to start with. I always enjoy heroines who end up stronger than when they began and this was done well in this book. Unfortuna
Amy Denim
Nov 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
This was not one of my favorite Lora Leigh books. I had a hard time with how quickly the hero and heroine became so intense about each other. However as always, I loved her alpha hero, and I found my way breezing through the final few chapters. Just because this wasn't my favorite doesn't mean I won't read the rest of the series.
Alyssa
May 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Loving this series so far! So far this has been the best story yet IMO. Can't wait to delve into Ian & Kira's story.
Aubrey
Apr 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is actually the 2nd in the Tempting SEAL's series not the 4th and all I have to say is where can I find a guy like that?
Anne Marie
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nikki
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I'm so glad I continued with the series after the first one. It was everything I wanted the first one to be.

Kell and Emily have known each other for years, but kept their distance. At least until Kell follows Emily to a strip club and lands himself in the seat of her lap dance. From there, Kell is assigned as her bodyguard though he knows he'll be her lover as well.

It was wonderful. The buildup of the plot was well paced and the chemistry between these two was intense. Kell fig
Julie
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
i don't know if its all the not so great book that i have read lately but this is another bad one. It was an audiobook. The person that was reading it was doing a really annoying voice male voice. When the author was talking about his accent drove me banana's. He was calling her another name during sex and for the life of me i can't remember now. They did not tell us what happened to Fuentes. I couldn't wait for this one to end.

I'm sorry but i did not like it one bit. There was nothing exciting
Marie
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-books
Shawn
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kell and Emily finally find each other, but at a cost. No spoilers here. Nathan’s been killed, and Kell feels he has no one now, so he returns to become a bodyguard for Emily, who does not intend to make this easy.
A new sex drug is created for the sole purpose of selling woman in the sex trade. Kell saved Emily once. Can he do it again. You have to read it to find out.
CB
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback, m-f
Sexy! Each book is following a formula but Lora Leigh writes each character so uniquely they are all very entertaining and HOT HOT HOT with intriguing stories that have you rooting for all the MC's all the way through, plus the stories build on each other and that just makes them even more engaging.
TinaMarie
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kayleigh Stroud
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved!! Amazing chemistry between main characters and just loved the plot!
Sharon
I love her characters. The innately evil family members as well as the tortured heroes.
Kathy
Oct 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Kell and Emily...

Emily is daughter of an ex SEAL and current senator... her mother died in an accident after leaving her family because he was too controlling... her father raised her as a tomboy, encouraging her sense of adventure and teaching her how to defend herself... until she turned 18, then his expectations changed, and Emily struggled to be herself and to appease her father...

Kell - grandson to two very rich, many generations, southern families... he was disowned at 17 when he fell in l
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • Take No Prisoners (Black Ops Inc., #2)
  • Extreme Danger (McClouds & Friends #5)
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #10.5; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas (Volume 1)
  • No Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #4)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #5.5; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Manaconda (Trek Mi Q'an #6) (Horde Wars #4)
  • Riding Temptation (Wild Riders, #2)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Tempting SEALs (5 books)
  • Dangerous Games (Tempting SEALs, #2)
  • For Maggie's Sake (Tempting SEALs #3)
  • Killer Secrets (Tempting SEALs,  #5)
  • Atlanta Heat (Tempting SEALs #6)
“My money's on the lady," he drawled. "You don't tame a vixen, you just travel in her wake.” 29 likes
“You touch everyone, Emily. You touch a father's heart. A stranger's loyalty, and the soul I never knew I
had. You touch it, and you remind us of all the innocence we've lost in the world."
- Kell Krieger”