Start by marking “Always Red” as Want to Read:
Always Red

Always Red

(Chasing Red #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,889 ratings  ·  182 reviews
Chasing Red is the Wattpad phenomenon with over 130 million reads, and one million reads each week. Revised and with new original content, it will be published in two volumes, Chasing Red and Always Red. New readers and fans alike will fall in love with Red and Caleb--over and over again.

THE RIVETING CONCLUSION TO RED AND CALEB'S EPIC STORY
Veronica "Red" Strafford's pai
Published November 7th 2017 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

really liked it 4.00  ·

Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
After reading the first in this series entitled, "Chasing Red" and really enjoying it, I was excited to pick up this sequel to see what happened next with the characters of Caleb and "Red".

I have to be honest and say that although I liked this sequel, the story and the writing was not as good as the first book in the series. The story was still fast-paced and kept me reading wanting to know what would happen next but I just didn't feel as if it was as good as a whole. It wasn't boring and did fe
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Always Red picked up right were book 1 left off. It is not a standalone and would be best to start at book 1.

I enjoyed this book a lot more because once Veronica and Caleb mend things, they are pretty solid. No more of Veronica running away which happened a lot in book 1. They still have issues to work through and we still have the interference with Justin and Beatrice Rose, but I loved how Caleb and Veronica stuck together. I also felt the characters behaved more maturely in this one.

This doe
Judy
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hot, steamy, and fast-paced. This is just as full of drama as Chasing Red was. The ups and downs of the relationship between Red and Caleb continues. I even liked the ending. Ronin's writing style is easy to read and enjoyable.

Thanks to Isabelle Ronin and SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca through Netgalley for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.
Dali
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A wonderfully sweet and swoony new adult romance.
Tension, tenderness and sexiness are all wrapped up in Isabelle Ronin’s conclusion of the Red duet. Veronica and Caleb’s story snapped, crackled and popped with sweetness and will leave Ronin’s fans in swoon heaven.
“I want you to fight for me. Just as I fought for you. But you wouldn't.”
I stood there, staring after him, tears pouring down my face.

Always Red starts right where Chasing Red left off when Veronica “Red” Strafford pushes Caleb Lock
Kathy - Books & Munches
Ever since reading Chasing Red, I was looking forward to reading the sequel and finding out what would happen to Red and Caleb. I finally did!

Loving a person was never easy. I knew that from the start. Caleb had shown me that loving the right person was worth the pain.

The writing is still as fluent as it was in the first installment. I got sucked in and wanted to keep reading. There were new developments all the time that simply made you curious what was going to happen next. Not to mention the
Lali
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I finished this book a couple of weeks ago and my time's been super crazy that I couldn't sit and type about my feelings for this book. It's a duology if you're new reading this, the first book is Chasing Red and this one is the segment so it's not really my fault if you get any spoilers from now on, I always try to avoid doing it but sometimes it might be inevitable.

So let's begin!

I really really enjoyed the first book, Chasing Red was like this fresh air on my romances and I love a good cliché
Carvanz
I enjoyed the conclusion to Caleb and Red’s story. Their love is true and strong and strengthened even more by the trials the outside world throws at them. I enjoyed Veronica more in this book and fell further in love with Caleb.

There is lots of other woman drama here with Beatrice-Rose and her machinations but I was glad to see that Red was at a place with Caleb that she could handle the trouble that arose.

This is a well written fast paced read with plenty of steam and lots of possessive, pro
Nemo
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Even two stars for this book is generous. I wanted so badly to like this book. I really did. I enjoyed the first book a lot and read it in two days. But this one fell short, very short.
For starters, this book didn't need to exist. Story wise it added nothing to the story of the first book, it was a fantasy that people think up after a book ends of the two characters getting married after they finally get together. There was no real plot in this, there was nothing driving this story. Anything th
Shantala  (Shanaya Tales)
The only reason I am reviewing this book is because I always honor the review requests I submit or accept.

And thanks to the hype, I requested Always Red on NetGalley, which is the second book in the Red duology, right along with the first book - Chasing Red (my review here) , without even reading the first book.

So I really only have myself to blame for this whole train wreck of a duology that I had to suffer through.

Though in the interest of full disclosure, I must say that I did not read eit
Ambur
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating closer to a 4.5ish.

Well, well, well! The first book was dramatic and this one certainly was, too!

There were so many things that I loved about this book, but it had some moments that were a tad bit dramatic which made me like less than the first one. Some parts were handled so well though! I love, love, loved how consent was handled in this book! Caleb always made sure Red gave consent before doing anything which I really appreciated! The first book was a total slow burn and it fi
Aimee
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I thought this was a little disappointing. The first book was really good and this one just fell short. It was predictable cheesy and just a little bit boring. I wasn't invested in the characters or storyline and everything was just so bleh and the whole thing just felt like I was going in circles. Just all in all a massive let down compared to the first one.
Amanda
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Slow start to the book which was hard to get into. The middle was ok but it was obvious which character was villainous. But the ending did surprise me. I won’t read anymore in the series.
Anita
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This one sucked me right in. Read it in one sitting. Would love to read more about Cameron and Kara
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4 / 5 stars

I don't know if I enjoyed this as much as I did the first one. I seriously don't. I mean, I did love Red and Caleb as much if not more than before. They were just so cute and sweet, it was almost sickening. Seriously, I highlighted a lot of their really sweet and romantic moments.

Red managed to win back Caleb rather quickly, almost with no effort but that boy was Gaga over her, there was no way he would have stayed away from her at all. Their relationship was way stronger than
Sanna Silverplats Pettersson
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darcy
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the conclusion to the Red series, and it was a sweet conclusion to Veronica and Caleb's story.

Always Red picks up right where Chasing Red left off. Veronica, also known as Red, pushes Caleb away without believing him. She thinks he's cheating on her, and instead of asking him about it, she runs away and doesn't trust him.

On the other hand, Caleb has the patience of a saint. He's so in love with her and can have any girl he wants, yet he chooses her. He doesn't feel apprehensive when sh
Enaya
MAN THIS BOOK WAS EVERYTHING I COULD WISH FOR! It had romance - a whole crap ton of it - suspense, and it kept me in its grasp the entire time. I literally couldn't put it down even if i wanted to.

description

I really really want my own Caleb now... GAH HE'S AMAZING AND THOUGHTFUL AND I'M NOT CRYING, YOU ARE.

I absolutely love how this ended... it was the right amount of bittersweet that it made me tear up a little.
Amber Kestner
This book is a bit slower than the first one but it still have that rush of what can happen next? I love that we finally see Veronica stand up to herself.
Samantha Boudreau
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: not-read-with-me
I won this book through an Instagram giveaway and absolutely loved the first one and just had to continue to the second. I am just in love with the characters!
Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18)
Katie Pedersen
I never wanted it to end! Ugh, such a nice conclusion to this duet. Absolutely loved it. I think book two was a little more emotional for me - just more poetic or something. The love between Caleb and Red was almost palpable.

“Red," he whispered. "Do you know how I felt when you left me? I felt ruined. You ruined me. There is anger, but every time I see you, my anger fades away. And there is pain, but what is love without pain? Because, Red, every time you break me apart, you put me back toget
Jeraca
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, new-adult-novels
I received this free eARC novel from Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review.

The moment Red realized that she may have pushed Caleb too far and he may disappear forever, Red realized her mistake: she wants him. She wants to be with him. She doesn't want him to walk away. But now, it's not Caleb fighting for Red, but the other way around. Because Red pushed him away one too many times and said cruel things to protect her heart, but not realizing that she was breaking his heart instead.

So now
Jannin (The Booknerd Dragon)
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, reviewed
Hiya bessies!
How are you all?

First off, I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review. That didn’t influence my review in any way.

Let’s start bessies!

Bes, you noticed that I just posted my review of Chasing Red and now I am posting the review of its second book. You must be thinking, I should have just combined them just like I always do whenever I read a series in one go. But then, I have different thoughts for the two books so I decided to separate my review.

Yo
Kadie
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Carla
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Always Red is the continuation of Chasing Red and picks up exactly where it left off - with both Caleb and Veronica devastated and separated. Veronica felt that she would be better off without the heart ache and pain that loving Caleb comes with. It is hard to truly allow ourselves to love another person - it is scary as we open ourselves up for hurt, to having to trust someone else, to insecurities and more. When you have had a difficult past and feel as though you don't deserve love (and in Ve
Cassandra
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm torn with this series. I thought that I was going to really like it and I think it just felt very flat and unrealistic. I know romance books are mostly HEAs and borderline cheesy but this one was too much. It felt very insta-lovey and Beatrice-Rose and Justin's storyline felt like it didn't really belong in the book itself. I'm all for letting the people around you know how much they are loved but god lord, these two share it every 20 lines. It was way too much for me. We get it, you love ea ...more
Gigi staub
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley, arc

THE RIVETING CONCLUSION TO RED AND CALEB'S EPIC STORY
Veronica "Red" Strafford's painful past has made trusting Caleb Lockhart difficult. But Red might have pushed Caleb away one too many times...

I want you to f
Jules
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
1.5 / 5
I have a lot of feelings and it's taking a lot to work through them.

First off, I read this series when it was super popular on Wattpad before it was published and I barely remembered it but I was at an age where I was a sucker for the insta-love trope. Re-reading it now was just kind of like a big cringe moment. I'm so excited that the author got herself published! but the love story was just really uncomfortable and the ending was so open-ended and felt like it was rushing to tie up loos
Lauren - SERIESous Books

**I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley. This is a voluntary review; all opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

I didn't love this book as much as Chasing Red for a few reasons. The main one is that all the drama got to me. It was a touch over the top but I kind of expected that given then ending of Chasing Red. The focus shifts from character development to navigating a relationship with all this added drama which is totally fine! It's just that the cha
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Lured In (Fishing for Trouble, #2)
  • Always You
  • Stone Romance (Stone Passions, #2)
  • Sandra Brown: Three Complete Novels in One Volume: Heaven's Price, Breakfast in Bed, Send No Flowers
  • Sir, I Think The Badboy Knows About Us...
  • How Not to Let Go (Belhaven, #2)
  • To Win Her Smile (Players, #5)
  • Phantom's Touch (Phantom, #2)
  • Missing from Me (Sixth Street Bands, #3)
  • Sylvie + Shandor (Rocker Shenanigans Book 1)
  • Traitor (Twisted Fate, #1)
  • The Right Fit
Isabelle Ronin is a Filipino Canadian writer based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Her Wattpad story, Chasing Red, has garnered over 130 million reads and was one of the most-read stories of 2016. As a result of the story’s immense popularity online, several major publishers around the world have acquired the rights to Chasing Red.
When she’s not writing, Isabelle can be found hanging out in bookstores, caf

Chasing Red (3 books)