Start by marking “Chasing Red (Red, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Red (Red, #1)

Chasing Red

(Red #1)

They said she was going to be my ruin...
Then let her ruin me.

Caleb Lockhart has everything—wealth, adoration, a brilliant future. Until a chance encounter with a siren in a red dress changes everything. Until he meets the woman he dubs Red.

Veronica Strafford's past makes it hard for her to trust anyone. Now, kicked out of her apartment, she reluctantly accepts Caleb's offe
Published September 5th 2017 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

⊱ Poppy ⊰
Sep 26, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wattpad, dnf
DNF @70%

Let me tell you; why i didn't finished this book??

► So much drama.

► No character development.

► Lack of trust. h DO NOT trust H a little bit.

► Possibly loves triangle issue. which shouldn't be in this.

► Hated the h. Do not feel a slight pity for her or her situation.

► H was too good for her. he deserved much much better and she was just annoying.

► Best-friend turned a jealous annoying bitch who tried to show that H cheated on h.

► and H didn't had any idea that his best friend or clingy ex
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca and NetGalley.)

This was an adult contemporary romance story, featuring a girl named ‘Red’.

Veronica and Caleb were okay characters, although it took me a while to really warm up to them.

The storyline in this was about Caleb meeting Veronica and calling her ‘Red’ because of the red dress she was wearing. He found out that she was homeless and offered up his spare room, and then slowly fell in love with her. I did l
Matteo Fumagalli

Parte 2: https://youtu.be/VeR3NhDV7Bw
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Well, it may finally be snowing outside but man, this book was HOT! What can I say, I like to call it straight and say it like it is.

As always with romances (especially when hovering the erotic romance genre boundary line with this one), you're either going to love this one or hate it. Personally, when a book makes me lose track of time and stay up until 1 am reading (as this one did), it's consider a winner in my mind. Not only did I stay up well past my bedtime reading this but this book was
Anniebananie
Schwierig schwierig!
Ich hatte mit dem Buch so einige Probleme, aber ich muss gestehen, dass es mich trotz allem echt gut unterhalten hat.
An erster Stelle war das Buch einfach zu lang, am Anfang wurde das selbe Problem und die selbe Situation im Prinzip in Dauerschleife mehrmals hintereinander abgespult. Das hätte sich die Autorin echt klemmen können 🤷🏼♀
An zweiter Stelle war der Schreibstil echt holprig, man merkt dem ganzen leider echt an, dass es "nur" eine Wattpad-Story ist. An einer Stelle be
Miss Raven
Dec 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
(1.5 estrellas en realidad.)
Otro libro más de Wattpad del montón.

Como siempre, os voy a poner en situación para que comprendáis mi opinión al respecto de este libro.
Está narrado principalmente desde el punto de vista de la protagonista, Veronica (también conocida como Red), pero también hay algunos capítulos narrados por Caleb, el co-protagonista masculino.
Nuestros protas, se conocen en un lugar muy original y nunca visto en estos libros de Wattpad, en una discoteca.
Ejem ironía ejem.
Puesto que
Tami
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2,5 bis 3 Sterne.
Es hat Spaß gemacht, weil es so einfach zu lesen war. Rückblickend sind die Charaktere aber sehr flach und ... meine Güte, der Kerl ist auf sehr kranke Weise besessen vom Mädchen und viele Szenen vermitteln ein sehr ungesundes Bild und ganz falsche Werte.
Man konnte beim Lesen aber das Hirn abschalten, weil es so anspruchslos war und es hat mich manchmal gut unterhalten. Die Story ist aber nichts besonderes und hat nicht wirklich einen Höhepunkt. Der wirkte sehr erzwungen.
Auni
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
well this is one of the earliest wattpad stories that i have invested my time in . and today it has come to an end and i should say it was an amazing journey after all! red and caleb are definitely one of my OTPs <3 good job isabella ronin. you wrapped up the story well. one of my fav wattpad stories indeed.
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Total NA/YA story similar in style to the After series. Drama to the max. But Caleb is a sweetheart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, I am just not going to read any more NA or YA books. I cannot deal with the immature virgin, I am scared of my own shadow, story.

While I loved the writing style and the flow of the story, Veronica made this story difficult to get through. She is immature and falls back on her fears over and over and over. The guy is giving himself over and over and tries to win
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 31, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF 33%

I really TRIED with this one. I didn’t like it from page one, but I kept on going thinking it would redeem itself, but I gave up at 33%.

I do like the writing style. It flowed and it was easy to read. The angst level had the right amount of tension to pull me in and that’s what kept me reading.

But as I kept on reading I got madder and it was to the point where if I got less mad, I would have still not liked the book.

The MAIN thing that made me not like Chasing Red was VERONICA. < ----
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, arc
Chasing Red is a college romance setting where the rich boy, Caleb falls for the poor girl Veronica. I had some adjusting to do with this book because the characters behaved a bit juvenile for my tastes, but then I reckon it's typical behavior of college kids.

I didn't think this was going to be the story for me, but the more I read, the more Caleb drew me in. I'm such a sucker for a hero that only sees the heroine and that is what Caleb brings to this story. The way he is so gone for her hooked
Ari
Aug 30, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

*DNF @ 40%*

Chasing Red is originally a Wattpad book that got published. Wattpad stories that get published are always a hit or miss with me and this one was a miss. This book was doing way too much. Like every New Adult cliché you could think of was in this book: rich, popular boy that makes all the panties drop; a damsel in distress heroine who is saved by said rich boy and then tries to resist his ch
Dali
An intense romance full of anticipation. Described as a global phenomenon, Chasing Red by Isabelle Ronin, is a tempting coming of age read.

Chasing Red centers around Caleb and Veronica, called Red by Caleb because of the color she wore the night he met her. The plot is fairly straightforward. The black knight in shining armor recuses the damsel in distress by giving her a place to live while she gets back on her feet. Caleb is a black knight because he’s an unapologetic player, but from the mom
Pikolina
Historia New Adult, a mi parecer un pelín floja, ya que los enamoramientos tan rápidos me suelen descuadrar y Verónica la protagonista no termina de convencerme 100%
A veces se me ha hecho aburrido, porque era simplemente el día a día y no pasaba nada ... practicamente todo repetitivo, incluso la descripción de la búsqueda de trabajo y el reparto de curriculums.
A partir del 65% o así se pone más entretenida la historia, empiezan a pasar cosas distintas y se lee mejor, aunque tiene clichés por tod
Rê
description

2 “Color me disappointed” Stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you, Sourcebooks Casablanca!

I'm definitely one of those New Adult fans saddened by the fact that the genre didn't stick. Sure there was that BOOM a few years ago, but traditional publishers seem to avoid NA books at all costs, and it's been hard to even find self-published material lately.

So I was intrigued when I saw Chasing Red on NetGalley.

A Wattpad phenomenon, Chasing Red promises exactly what I look for in NA books: college kids falling
Esther
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Well I did finish it but boy was that a chore.

Hero and Heroines were immature.

The dialogue was silly at times.

And I liked the hero more then the heroine, she was irritating.

Writing was okay, pacing dragged at times.

Rich, party, bad boy rescues girl in trouble.

Girl is fearful, can she trust the guy??

Hero constantly trying to win her trust.

They dialogue and inter monologue was high school, too immature for this girl.
Carvanz
This story was much more than I thought it was going to be. I expected some college slapstick humor, along with lots of manwhore behavior. What I got was a great story full of romantic angst.

Veronica has a very good reason to not trust men. She’s a strong independent woman and she has no need for anyone to save her. Caleb has a natural protective personality. It’s his nature to want to take care of those in need. When he learns the woman in red is homeless he offers his spare bedroom as a place
MelaDWolf
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I heard about this book on Wattpad but I wasnt really interested. Description didnt sound like much, so I was just mehh. But, few days ago I saw 123 millions of views on this book. I mean ''WTF?''
How could book get so much view? I was courius, and I started reading. Begining wasnt a lot, but with book going on I found myself loving characters more and more. Especially hero. What cute hot boy.
There was few thing needed, few things that I loved more than a lot, but all in all it was very good rea
Irini
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book and its characters so much it's not even funny anymore. Caleb and Red are like the cutest couple ever even though Red sometimes really really annoys me, she is a really strong character and fights for what she wants. I recommend this book to anyone, really.
Meli
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inhalt
Ein Blick auf sie genügt und Caleb weiß: Er muss sie haben.
Veronica in ihrem roten Kleid hat ihn vezaubert, obwohl sie im Moment viel zu viele Probleme hat, um sich auf so etwas einzulassen. Doch dann kommt es dazu, dass sie fürs erste bei Caleb wohnt - auch, weil sie sonst keine Alternativen hat. Von der ersten Minute macht Caleb klar, dass er an ihr interessiert ist, aber Veronica, die aus schwierigen Verhältnissen stammt, sieht in ihm erst nur einen verwöhnten Bad Boy, auch wenn sie sic
Patricia Bejarano
A ver, puedo decir que me ha entretenido mucho y que me ha enganchado hasta el infinito. Tanto que he tenido que empezar el segundo porque me corroe la curiosidad de saber cómo acabará la historia. Pero el resto no se salva.
Sueños rojos es una historia new adult llena de clichés y relaciones tóxicas, sobretodo la de nuestros protagonistas, cosa que me fastidia, porque supuestamente ella no quiere ese tipo de relación, ya que sus padres la tuvieron. Pero nos podemos encontrar cada cosa... Y es c
Cuchus .librería
Un 3,5!
La verdad es que estoy bastante sorprendida, me ha enganchado bastante, aunque la historia de amor no me terminaba de convencer, estas historias siempre enganchan y te dejan con ganas de saber qué más puede pasar. Así que no descarto leer el segundo.
Nina
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sub
Leider, leider hat mir das Buch gar nicht gefallen. Es wahr langatmig und zäh, die Charaktere waren flach und die Story war meiner Meinung nach nicht richtig ausgearbeitet. Oft hatte ich das Gefühl, dass die Ereignisse nicht richtig zusammenhängen, was wohl an der „wattpad-Vergangenheit“ liegen könnte. Schade
Lili  Marcus
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: net-galley-arc
I must say that I had high hopes with this one... But while reading and after, I didn't feel as much as connected to the story and to the characters as I hoped I would. The author knows how to write but I think I was intimidated and got bored with all the dramas in the entire book. I don't read Wattpad so I read this one without knowing anything about it, and if it's a series, I hope the next one is less dramatic.
Judy
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was just pure fun! Absolutely not a deep read, but it was steamy and full of drama. It you want something light and fast-moving this is it. Caleb spots Veronica for the first time on the dance floor at a club. She's wearing red and he can't take his eyes off her; he's fascinated. From there the Chase in ON. Both are college students. Caleb is a rich playboy and Red is a poor, homeless girl with trust issues. This is the first Wattpad book I've read and I will surely read the follow-up ...more
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Rate 3.5 stars
I received this ARC awhile ago but with the reviews I've read made me iffy about reading it but finally did it. I felt it was a bit a Cinderella story with a cliffhanger which I hate. LOL Caleb the rich boy, who is smar and has everything falls for Veronica, who's lost everything and also has trust issues. They meet at a bar where Veronica gets drunk and nearly becomes a victim. Caleb finds out she's homeless and offers her a place to stay. Caleb falls for Veronica but with her tru
Sanara♥
1.5/5 stars.

I had heard about this book on Wattpad a lot and had seen that most people love this book. 🤧
I've no idea what's so appealing in this story...there are many Wattpad stories with similar plots. So obviously it lacks originality and is very predictable. And overrated. And some scenes don't even make sense.
The male lead is supposed to be swoon-worthy, I guess but I don't see anything special in him or the other characters.

Not worth reading in my opinion.
Consuelo
oh oh Caleb. ..a por el segundo de cabeza.....Por ahora se lleva 4.5 estrellas, la opinión completa al terminar la biología. ...
Collecting Books: Valentine's Day 3 3 Feb 13, 2019 05:43AM
  • Must Hate The PLAYBOY!
  • Perfect Addiction (Perfect Series, #2)
  • Sylvie + Shandor (Rocker Shenanigans Book 1)
  • Traitor (Twisted Fate, #1)
  • Sir, I Think The Badboy Knows About Us...
  • Missing from Me (Sixth Street Bands, #3)
  • The Girl He Never Noticed
  • The Last Virgin Standing
  • Prima Donna (Friends First, #2)
  • Bad Boy Isn't My Type... (Bad Boy Isn't My Type..., #1)
  • Breakup Formula (Cherry Knots, #2)
  • A Surreptitious Relationship
  • The Bad Boy Taught Me To Fight
  • Spin The Bottle
  • To Win Her Smile (Players, #5)
  • Stupid Cupid
  • How Not to Let Go (Belhaven, #2)
  • She's One of the Boys
Isabelle Ronin is a Filipino Canadian writer based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Her Wattpad story, Chasing Red, has garnered over 130 million reads and was one of the most-read stories of 2016. As a result of the story’s immense popularity online, several major publishers around the world have acquired the rights to Chasing Red.
When she’s not writing, Isabelle can be found hanging out in bookstores, caf

Red (2 books)
  • Always Red (Red, #2)
“Her mouth twitched. My girl rarely smiled, but when she did, I felt like Superman.” 8 likes
“Caleb was like the sun. He was so warm, so big and bright that you couldn't help but come closer. But what would happen when I get too close?.” 7 likes