Start by marking “Bring Her Home” as Want to Read:
Bring Her Home

Bring Her Home

Alternate cover edition for B01MAY1TSV

In the breathtaking new thriller from David Bell, bestselling author of Since She Went Away and Somebody I Used to Know, the fate of two missing teenage girls becomes a father’s worst nightmare....

Just a year and a half after the tragic death of his wife, Bill Price’s fifteen-year-old daughter, Summer, and her best friend, Haley,
Published July 11th 2017 by Berkley

Start your review of Bring Her Home
Chelsea Humphrey
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: David
Once again I’ve found myself on the receiving end of the dramatic David Bell hangover; I’ve reached the point of being caught up on all of his books and am sadly waiting until the next one arrives. There are very few authors that I follow long term; I usually burn out after 3-5 books, especially if it’s a series, because there are so many new, shiny novels clamoring for my attention and a majority of authors become stale in their writing due to the pressure to keep pumping out books. Bell is one ...more
Deanna
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

4.5 Stars!!

I read the description for this book and I knew it was a book that I had to read. I was positive I was going to enjoy it. I'm really happy to say that "Bring Her Home" did not let me down.

The book opens with a father charging into an emergency room looking for his daughter. Bill Price had received the call that no father wants to get....

"She's here. Somewhere. She's here"

The emergency room is packed and he has no
Melissa
I’m a reader that often balks at the old adage—don’t judge a book by its cover—and maybe I need to stop doing that in all instances. After seeing this gorgeous cover and having enjoyed two of David Bell’s previous novels, I wrongly assumed I was settling in for an entertaining read. Nope. Not even close.

Errors aside, which I hope for the sake of the author and the readers who purchase this book are corrected during the final editing process, this was a repetitive and overly-dramatized story of a
Kaceey
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Fantastic! Outstanding! Where do I start?

Summer and her friend Hailey go out one evening as most teenage best friends do. Just one problem- they don't come home. 2 days later the police find 2 girls savagely beaten beyond recognition. One alive and one dead.
Now Bill Price, father of one of the missing girls is turning over every stone to find the reason behind the beating and murder.

Unfortunately, I can't get any deeper into the plot without giving too much away. I don't want to spoil it for
karen
this book is fine if you’re looking for a fast read that’s gonna keep your mind diverted for a time, but it’s got some problems. i read this as an arc, and i’m totally willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for some of the cosmetic ones, like someone using the wrong character’s name in a conversation, or someone who should know better using the term “gender identity” when discussing a homosexual character, or a person whose arms are “crossed” but still has her right hand resting on her ...more
Lindsay - Traveling Sister
5 stars! Wow - this was an intensely suspenseful, cleverly written, tension-filled thriller! I loved it!

I read this with Brenda and we found ourselves addicted to the pages, hanging on every single word!

This was my first David Bell book and it DEFINITELY won't be my last - I loved his writing!

To find our full Traveling Sister Read review, please visit Brenda and Norma's fabulous blog at:

Brenda -Traveling Sister
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Traveling Sister Review by Brenda and Lindsay

Bring Her Home is a captivating, tense and emotional story of a father’s frantic quest to bring his daughter home. When we first meet Bill he is grieving a loss and is soon faced with another nightmare. We really loved hearing the story from Bill’s perspective and we could feel his desperation, grief, frustration and anger as he searched for answers to the secrets of today and some that are buried in the past.

In this well-paced story, David Bell led
Book of Secrets°ღ
4.5 Stars BRING HER HOME is another gripping, character-driven mystery/thriller from David Bell. I flew through this book. The shorter chapters that ended with a new clue or reveal really quickened the pace. What would come next? I was compelled to keep reading.

This is the kind of book that can easily be spoiled with too much talk of the plot, so I’ll just say wow. Lots of delicious and disturbing surprises made this an entertaining read. The characters were complicated, flawed, and easy to
Mackey
2.5 stars rounded up

I realize I'm in the minority. I'm fully aware there are those who adore Bell's writing. This is my first book of his and I did not enjoy reading it.

This is a story of a parent's worst nightmare - doubled. There are two missing girls: one is found badly beaten, barely alive and the other is dead. The nightmare for this father continues to get worse, if you even can imagine that happening.

This is all loosely based on a true story that was in the news a few years ago so the
Carol
3 Stars.

GREAT start, GOOD story, SHORT chapters, but (for me) long-winded redundant conversations were somewhat bothersome.

BRING HER HOME is a difficult novel to review without giving anything away....and I do not want to ruin the big-time, shocking revelations for other readers, but will say......

What happened to 15 year old Summer...and why is the gist of the storyline, and her father's emotional turmoil and often haphazard, but persistent stance to help solve the mystery...and

Sue
BRING HER HOME is the new thriller from David Bell, bestselling author of Since She Went Away and Somebody I Used to Know. This is a gripping character-driven thriller that deals with the fate the fate of two missing teenage girls.

A year and a half after the tragic death of his wife, Bill Price’s fifteen-year-old daughter, Summer, and her best friend, Haley, disappear. Days later, the girls are found in a city park. Haley is dead at the scene, while Summer is left beaten beyond recognition and
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
A teenager not being home at curfew time, a phone call no parent wants to get, and a lot of questions.

Summer and Haley were the best of friends since first grade, and now that they are teenagers they share secrets and go everywhere together.

Going everywhere together one fateful night turned into a nightmare for Bill, Summer's father, and Haley's mother.

The police were investigating everyone who had known the girls and everything that had happened to Bill and Summer before and after the death of
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
A year and a half after the death of his wife, Bill and his teenage daughter Samantha are trying are trying to piece their lives back together. Unfortunately, the worst is not over for Bill. When Summer and her best friend Hailey go missing, Bill is a wreck. Days later, two bodies are dumped in the local park, beaten beyond recognition. Summer is in a coma in the ICU, and Hailey is taken to the local morgue.

The more time Bill spends in Summer's hospital room, the more he starts to question
Frank Phillips
3.5 Stars!!
I have heard so many good things about this author and have really been wanting to read his books, yet inexplicably, the three novels of his I own have sat lonely and neglected on my bookshelf for FOREVER!! At the beginning of this year, I set a resolution to read more of what I already own, and to only buy when I get more caught up with these. I'm really glad I've been able to stick with this...as I've discovered several hidden gems, including this book!
Bring Her Home is what I
Shannon
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I pretty much inhaled Bring Her Home by David Bell. Short chapters will always win me over. It keeps the story going for me.

So what’s it about? A year after Bill’s wife unexpectedly dies, he is faced with another terrifying situation. Right on the first page we are experiencing Bill’s anxiety while he enters a hospital. His daughter, Summer and her best friend, Haley, have been found badly beaten. The girls had gone out for Halloween and never made it back. Now that Summer has been found
Laura Rash
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David Bell never ceases to amaze me with the fluidity of his writing. I start reading & I just don't want to stop until I turn the last page. A few twists & turns I didn't see coming, a quick paced read, interesting characters & family dynamic. A total win win!
embos
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Talk about some curve-balls! Thank you, David Bell, for making me second guess myself fifteen times and be completely surprised at the end of every 4 chapters.

I mean that though, this book is so well written, and so freaking good. I couldn't put it down, and I mean that. I flew through this book because there was so much weirdness going on, and I couldn't make sense of any of it, or place the cause of any weirdness and I had to figure
Amy
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

A couple of weeks ago I participated in a special blog tour to celebrate Bell’s newest release, if you missed it here’s my review of The Forgotten Girl. I’m a huge fan of his novels and BHH is hands down my new favorite! It was shocking, compelling and ultimately a satisfying read.

Bill is an average man, a father still grieving after the sudden loss of his wife when the unthinkable happens and his teenaged daughter, Summer goes missing. This
Sam (Clues and Reviews)
Come check out and join the discussion that Chelsea from The Suspense Is Thrilling Me and I had about the book!

I read a lot of mystery and thriller books (obviously!) so, when I come across one that impresses me, I feel like shouting from the rooftops. Bring Her Home, by David Bell, was one of those books that made me want to shout. Fast-paced and entertaining, I found myself completely invested to our protagonist and his struggles.

The novel opens with
Debra
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Not everything is as it seems in this book.

Bill Prices's world has been turned upside down. His daughter, Summer and her best friend Haley have gone missing. Bill is still recovering from his wife's death a year and a half earlier. He is called by police and learns that the girls have been found in a city park. His daughter is badly beaten but alive. Her friend Haley did not survive the attack.

Bill sits by his daughter and waits for answers. His daughter is not responsive except to say NO NO NO
Yellagirlgc
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The worst fear in the world for a parent is something happening to their child. When Summer and her bestfriend Haley go missing Bill was losing his mind with worry. His wife died in an accidental fall a year and a half before and now this.

Bill was running around doing some bonehead things that I personally didn't agree with. I also don't know how I would react in a similar situation. There were some twists in the book that kept it exciting. I liked that it wasn't predictable. There were parts I
Janelle | She Reads with Cats
All of my reviews can be found on https://shereadswithcats.com.

BRING HER HOME by David Bell - Thank you so much to Berkley Publishing for my free copy - all opinions are my own.

Summary:

Bill Price lost his wife in a tragic accident a year and a half ago. Now his fifteen-year-old daughter Summer, and her best friend Haley, are missing. In a matter of days, both girls are recovered at a park, Haley found dead, while Summer has been beaten up beyond recognition.

While Summer is unconscious laying
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
4.5 Stars

David Bell is a master of twists and turns. Leading you down the garden path into what you expect, however, when you get there, everything is completely different.

This story deals with every parents nightmare. A gruesome crime that has everyone looking for answers. With truths and untruths at every turn, it’s hard to know who to believe and who to trust.

The author definitely has a way with pulling you directly into the story. With amazing ability to keep you reading long into the night,
Monnie
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bill Price and his teenage daughter, Summer, are still trying to cope with the sudden loss of their wife and mother, Julia, who fell to her death about a year and a half earlier. Not wanting to alienate Summer as she continues to grieve, Bill gives her a bit more rein than usual - not forcing the issue if she stays out a bit later or sulks around the house. That leeway comes into serious question, though, when Summer and her best friend Haley go missing.

Days later, they're found in a city park;
Holly
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2017
*2.5 stars

Let me start by saying that I'm a fan of David Bell's. For that reason, I was excited when I saw this available on Netgalley and even more excited when I got approved. Then I read it. This, unfortunately, didn't live up to my expectations. That doesn't mean I won't be excited in the future from reading anymore of Bell's books. He's good......usually.

This book, however, didn't work for me. First off, I completely hated the main character: the Dad. I thought he was an asshole! Nothing he
Lisa
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
Bring Her Home by David Bell was for me a draining read i found the plot very intersting & grabbed me from the beginning but just found it to repetitive, the characters were good, but just didnt feel enough tension i found i was losing concentration & my mind was wandering which i hate to do, this was my first introduction to David Bell & am not sure i want to continue.

After losing his wife julia Bill Price has to deal with his Fifteen year old daughtwer Summer & her best friend
Chloe
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Two teenage girls go for a walk and are reported missing. After two days one is found dead and the other severely beaten almost beyond recognition in the woods. Bill Price, the father of one of the girls is on a mission to find out what happened during those two days and who kept the girls captive.

It is very difficult to say anything more about the plot without giving the story away. This book is full of twists and turns. It started out real great and kept me engrossed trying to guess what
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I found this to be a rather enjoyable read. After really enjoying Somebody I Used to Know and Since She Went Away, I jumped at the chance to read David Bell's newest release. I do have to say that I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as the others that I have read but I still found it to be a solid story. I liked the format of the book with short chapters that seemed to move really fast. I found myself wanting to read this for
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
3.5 Stars!

It isn't often anymore that I read a good mystery or thriller, not because I don't love them, because I do, but because for whatever reason, more often than not, they get forgotten about but when I saw the synopsis for Bring Her Home, I knew I needed to make the time for it. Not only was Bell a new to me author but reading a mystery to me lately, was as well. And isn't summer the most perfect time for a good mystery? Okay, when isn't a good time for a good mystery but I digress.

Bring
Petra
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, mystery
Bill Price is a widower trying his best to bring up his fifteen-year-old daughter, Summer, by himself. Both are still reeling from the unexpected death of Julia, Bill's wife and Summer's mother, eighteen months ago. One evening, Summer and her best friend, Haley, disappear. Days later, one of the girls is found dead and the other severely injured, and Bill wants to find the person(s) responsible.

Following Somebody I Used to Know and Since She Went Away, this was my third book by David Bell. I

• Lie to Me
  • I Know You Know
  • The Family Upstairs
  • Bring Me Back
  • Here and Gone
David Bell is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning suspense novelist. His most recent thriller from Berkley/Penguin is LAYOVER. His previous novels include SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTER, BRING HER HOME, SINCE SHE WENT AWAY, SOMEBODY I USED TO KNOW, THE FORGOTTEN GIRL, NEVER COME BACK, THE HIDING PLACE, and CEMETERY GIRL. He is currently an Associate Professor of English at Western Kentucky University ...more
“Taut, intelligent, and intense suspense that is deeply human.”—Mark Greaney, New York Times Bestselling Author of Gunmetal Gray

“Exciting and well-layered....David Bell is a master storyteller with a sure hand at crafting characters you feel for and stories you relish.”—Allen Eskens, USA Today Bestselling Author of The Life We Bury

“A tense and twisty suspense novel about the dark secrets that lie buried within a community and a father who can save his daughter only by uncovering them. Will leave parents wondering just how well they truly know their children.”—Hester Young, author of The Gates of Evangeline and The Shimmering Road

“A gripping, immersive tour-de-force full of twists and turns. BRING HER HOME kept me flipping the pages late into the night. Don’t expect to sleep until you’ve finished reading this book. I could not put it down!”—A. J. Banner, bestselling author of The Good Neighbor and The Twilight Wife

“In David Bell’s riveting BRING HER HOME, the unthinkable is only the beginning. From there, the story races through stunning twists all the way to its revelation, without letting its heart fall away in the action. Intense, emotional, and deeply satisfying. This one will keep you up late into the night. Don't miss it!”—Jamie Mason, author of Three Graves Full and Monday’s Lie

“Spellbinding and pulse-raising, BRING HER HOME hooked me from the first sentence and surprised me until the final pages. Sharply written and richly observed, this book is about the secrets we keep, the mysteries that keep us, and the lengths a father will go to for the daughter he loves. David Bell is a masterful storyteller who has perfected the art of suspense in BRING HER HOME.”—Sarah Domet, author of The Guineveres”
2 likes
“will the machine to move faster, as though he were pedaling a bike and could control the speed. He jumped off at the rehab wing and headed toward Haley’s room. He saw Rich Rodgers standing in the hallway, wearing a pullover sweater with the collar of an oxford shirt peeking out. His hands were in his pockets as he waited. He looked like a tower of bottled energy. He glanced up as Bill approached, and he offered a faint smile. “I guess we got some good news,” he said. “Yes,” Bill said. Rich’s words brought Bill up short. He needed the reminder that Haley being awake was good for more than his own selfish reasons. She had parents who cared. She was a young person who needed to recover. Bill felt some” 0 likes