Start by marking “Thank You for Holding (On Hold, #2)” as Want to Read:

Having it all is a fantasy, right?

Carrie Shelton thought her boyfriend was too good to be true. Her best friend's brother? A guy who loved antiquing? Who cuddled on the couch while watching foodie YouTube clips and talking about artisanal spices? Who helped her accessorize her outfits?

Right.

Fantasy.

So when he ran off with Kevin, the owner of an antique shop, right before h
Published March 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Thank You for Holding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thank You for Holding

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review:

This is my first book by both of these authors, but it won’t be my last; I really enjoyed that this book had so many sides; it was fun, it was sexy, and it was emotional. The characters were engaging, the friends to lovers plot entertaining, and the ending was pretty fabulous, my biggest complaint is all the drama caused by failure to communicate.

Carrie and Ryan have been work best friends since they both started working at O, a unique women’s spa and boutique. Ryan has secretly w
Sue
Mar 15, 2017 Sue rated it it was amazing
I'm calling these two one of my favorite dynamic duos. Julia Kent and Elisa Reed knock it out of the park with this second installment in the On Hold series. We ask ourselves from the beginning how Carrie can be so darned smart on the one hand and so oblivious and obtuse on the other. But as we know, in reality and in fiction, everything happens for a reason. Ryan is hot, hot, hot but who knew that under all that hotness was an insecure man. He and Carrie are the best of friends...truly best fri ...more
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Mar 31, 2017 Ryan - Sweet Red Reader rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-love
(I was provided with an ARC in exchange for an honest review)

So let me be honest, I didn't really start to get into the book or enjoy it until about 40% in to it. I really liked Ryan (the male lead) from the start, but I had a difficult time connecting with Carrie (the female lead). Between her apparent obliviousness and lack of self esteem (which would be ok and understandable even if a basis for it had been explained), it was just hard for me to like her. However, once we get to the pivotal we
Pamela
Mar 15, 2017 Pamela rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book from Julia Kent....with that said...this duo has done it once again! I loved Carrie and Ryan's story! What do you say when your boyfriend of two years...the one you thought you would marry...tells you that he is gay...he is leaving with his new boyfriend and that he will always love you just not the way you want him to! As a result Carrie thinks she is broken and runs to Ryan to cry on his shoulder and prove to herself that she is not! Ryan loves her but she j ...more
✨ Husnah ✨
Apr 02, 2017 ✨ Husnah ✨ rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads, reviewed
3 Stars

The story was good and had a nice plot. I just couldn't bring myself to like the characters. Carrie was insecure, constantly saying she was a 4 while Ryan was a 10.5 so that they weren't compatible. She was a people-pleaser, weak-minded and impressionable. I didn't like her at all.
Stacie Marquart
Mar 28, 2017 Stacie Marquart rated it it was amazing
i loved this book. i couldn't put it down.
Stephanie
Mar 19, 2017 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I a man a huge fan of Julia's books. I must admit that Ryan and Carrie are not my favorite characters. Ryan's cowardness and Carrie's people pleasing got to be a little irritating to me after a while. There were still some funny parts to it. The overall story is still fun to enjoy and I would still recommend the book.

Note, I did request and receive an advanced copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Christine Green
Mar 18, 2017 Christine Green rated it really liked it
I loved Carrie and Ryan's story. Julia and Elisa have another hit on their hands. I think what really makes the story is not just the brilliant humor and great characters but how you could see how Ryan's childhood molded him into the smart, sweet and caring man he became. With all his beauty and smarts there was still that insecurity that made him special. Carrie and Ryan make a great book couple. I hope Zeke will be next
Stephanie Villere
Mar 15, 2017 Stephanie Villere rated it it was amazing
HOLY HOTNESS BATMAN!! This book is Thank You For Holding written by Julia Kent and Elisa Reed. Have you ever had the perfect boyfriend? What about the perfect male friend?? Carrie THINKS she has both...as I said, she thinks. I dare you to read this book and not wish there were an O Spa in your town. One you could visit for a massage, a party and have Ryan braid your hair. This book will surely warm you up if you are cold! Loved it!!! I received a complimentary copy and voluntarily chose to leave ...more
Heather andrews
Mar 13, 2017 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Ryan is very protective of his girl, "I grab Zeke’s shirt collar, in his face, whispering in a deadly rasp, “You don’t talk about her like that.” Ryan always wants the best for his woman, “normal isn’t good enough, kitten. You deserve far more than normal.” He rolls off me, resting by my side, every bit of his thigh, hip, and torso touching me. My side boob rests against his arm..." I liked this book, Ryan was so sweet, I loved him.
Penny
Mar 17, 2017 Penny rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4+ “Nice guys make sure nice girls don’t finish last *wink*wink*” Stars

Thank You for Holding is a fantastic addition to this series, which I’m hoping will have many, many more installments.

Carrie has it all, the job, the friends, the boyfriend… even if she has a niggling at the back of her mind that something isn’t quite right, well… who needs sex anyway when you can cuddle and go antiquing with your guy? That is until her guy runs off with a guy. Cue in epic melt-down when you realize why you a
Cee Houston
Mar 21, 2017 Cee Houston rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. Both authors and new to me, and this book although not part of Ms. Kent’s ‘shopping’ billionaire’ series, definitely has references to those books, not enough to detract from this one, just a little sprinkle to encourage the reader to go buy them lol.
That being said, Thank You for Holding. What a cracker of a story it was. Not quite boy meets girl, love and lose, rather he meets her the day they both start working for the same company. That’s what happened to
Meghan
Mar 20, 2017 Meghan rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Thank You for Holding by Julia Kent and Elisa Reed. This is the second book of the new series called the “On Hold series”, it can be read as a Standalone for sure. This was the story of Carrie Shelton who is the Asst. Director of Design for “O” Spa and Ryan whom is one of the male strippers/dancer of the spa. Ryan and Carrie started working at the Spa within days of each other and became fast friends. Carrie has been in a long-term relationship with Jamey, who seems too good to be true.
Harri
Mar 23, 2017 Harri rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC for an honest review.

Thank You for Holding is a fantastic continuation of the On Hold series by Julia Kent and Elisa Reed.

I absolutely loved this book. Carrie and Ryan's story is brilliant. It all begins with Carrie and her boyfriend, seemingly happy. Until he runs off with a guy called Kevin... Leaving Carrie humiliated and in need of a date for her best friends wedding.

Hello Ryan! Carrie's best friend, who has secretly been in love with her since he met her. He suggests "preten
Sandy
Mar 21, 2017 Sandy rated it really liked it
*ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review*. Julia and Elisa have done it again. This is Carrie and Ryan's story and follows the friends to lover format. I have to admit that I didn't care as much for Ryan and Carrie's story as I did Nick/Chloe's story. Ryan was a little too timid and Carrie worried too much about pleasing people. So Carrie works at "O" on the management side and Ryan is a master masseur. They have been friends since they both started working for O on the sam ...more
Gemma
Mar 19, 2017 Gemma rated it it was amazing
Julia Kent and Elisa Reed are a powerful writing duo, which know how to write a captivating story. I loved Our options have changed and have desperately been waiting for the next book written by these two amazing authors. I was not disappointed when I was introduced to the story of Carrie and Ryan. I once again laughed, smiled and yelled at the kindle while reading this story and enjoyed the characters in the story once again.

Carrie was unlucky in love and got into situations that made me laugh
Kathryn Linke
Mar 22, 2017 Kathryn Linke rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Thank you for holding is the second title in the on hold series and is a fun, humorous, and heat filled read. As I've come to expect from Julia Kent this book has banter that is fun and flirty and had me laughing out loud on several occasions. This writing duo have created a well written, engaging and entertaining story of friends to lovers.

Carrie is an intriguing character, very intelligent, yet kind of naive and oblivious to what's right in front of her.

Ryan is the perfect book boy
Amber
Mar 18, 2017 Amber rated it it was amazing
Carrie has the perfect boyfriend, he likes to antique with her, he's so sensitive, he's more fashionable than her and he loves to come to her work and see men in g-strings. Anyone else's gaydar blaring??? Yeah, you almost feel so sorry for Carrie when he runs away with a man. Except for the fact the signs are there and she is just blissfully ignorant. But now she needs a date to her ex's sister's wedding. Enter Ryan, her good buddy from O who has the biggest crush on her but again, she's blissfu ...more
Kathy
Mar 14, 2017 Kathy rated it it was amazing
**ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review**

I was very happy to see this waiting for me to be read! I fell in love with Our Options Have Changed and couldn't wait for this book. This is the story of Carrie and Ryan who both work at O Spa....Ryan is a hunky masseuse at the spa and Carrie works along side Chloe from OOHC. I loved how sweet Ryan was and you just got a hint of his former self peeking out once in awhile. My heart broke for Carrie after the way Jamey treated her..
Melanie Milburn
Mar 16, 2017 Melanie Milburn rated it it was amazing
Carrie has a pretty perfect life: a job at O Spa she truly enjoys, a boyfriend who's into cuddling and antiquing, and acapella, and a great best friend/work husband, Ryan, who loves to binge watch reality TV and eat pizza with her. It's so perfect, until it's not. The perfect boyfriend cold-heartedly breaks up with her on the phone weeks before his sister's wedding to run off with the man of his dreams. He's the best man and she's the maid of honor. Her friend Ryan comes to her rescue and offers ...more
Busybeth76
Mar 21, 2017 Busybeth76 rated it it was amazing
Best Friends Forever

Ryan is a master masseuse, with all the male beauty that means, for the O Salon in Boston. Carrie is a program designer in management at the same salon. They have been best friends for the two years they've worked together. But Carrie has a boyfriend, so Ryan's unrequited love has been simmering. When Carrie's boyfriend, Jamey, dumps her for all the wrong reasons, Ryan steps up. He "pretends" to be her boyfriend at the wedding where she's maid of honor and her ex is best man.
Sherry Molock
Mar 23, 2017 Sherry Molock rated it liked it
Good Read

This was a good book with a very familiar theme: boy and girl are good friends, girl needs fake boyfriend for wedding, boy and girl have passionate night, boy and girl have lots of misunderstandings, but boy and girl eventually fall in love. I really liked the beginning and the end of this book. The middle was a little slow and I ended up skipping parts.

Ryan and Carrie are a great couple and Ryan is the boyfriend I wish my daughters had: sweet, kind, considerate with all that wrapped up
Mar 17, 2017 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, faves
Thank You for Holding is book two in the On Hold series but can definitely be read as a standalone. If I could give it more than 5 stars, I definitely would!!

Carrie's life seems pretty perfect. She has a great job, a fantastic boyfriend, and awesome friends. Until her boyfriend breaks up with her over the phone and tells her that he's gay. Carrie is blindsided. Even if the blurb didn't tell you that Jamey leaves Carrie for another man, the clues were there before he came out but Carrie missed al
Badass Bloggettes
Such a great romance story. These two authors never fail when they write together.

This book as lovely to read, it flowed so well with a great mix of laughter, angst and just for giggles some loving. You feel every emotion in this book which to me is what it should be.

Poor Carrie, the guy who is supposed to be her boyfriend announces he is Gay and humiliating her at the same time. The worst of it, the ex-boyfriend is not even out of her life as he is supposed to be a best man at a wedding where s
Mandy
Mar 22, 2017 Mandy rated it it was amazing
Brilliant follow up to Our Options Have Changed where we first met Carrie and Ryan. Now it's time for their story and what a story it is.

Ryan has always loved Carrie, Carrie has always had feelings for Ryan, neither has the guts to tell the other for fear of rejection and spoiling what they already have. It takes Carrie's boyfriend coming out, a weekend wedding, and the help of close friends to make them realise what is right in front of them.

Poor Carrie always wants to see the best in people,
2kasmom
Mar 21, 2017 2kasmom rated it liked it
Shelves: wedding, coworkers, model
This is the 2nd book in the On Hold series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading this series in order.

Ryan has been in love with Carrie, since the first day they worked together. She was dating someone else, so he waited patiently for his chance. Now that it is here - he is afraid she will turn him down.

Carrie has been disgusted with her life lately. First, her ex dumps her over the phone. Then, she has to attend her best friend
Aimee
Jun 13, 2017 Aimee rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK! I loved the first one in this series, but this one was even MORE awesome than Our Options Have Changed.

The mad respect for the non-traditional main characters in book 1 being undiminished, this friends into lovers book worked for me in a big way. There were moments that I wanted to ditch work to go home and read it (I read at lunch and on breaks, my Kindle always with me).

Not too often where I want to do that, normally I can wait till I get home...but this was a real winner.
Cali Jewel
Mar 20, 2017 Cali Jewel rated it it was amazing
Such a great late night, have a great escape before bed friends to lovers romance. Funny, entertaining and emotional journey in this awesome world created by these very talented story tellers.

Carrie Shelton is smart, funny and slightly blinded when it comes to choosing boyfriends. Ryan is her best friend that is so in love everyone around them sees it except her. Their coworkers, friends and family are all so fun and real I really enjoyed getting to know them. I also loved the Camino appearance
Kim Ginsberg
Mar 20, 2017 Kim Ginsberg rated it it was amazing
I totally wanted to hug Carrie so many times in this book. She has so much go wrong that I wanted to cry for her. Thank god for her work friend Ryan, who volunteers to help be her date to their friends wedding that her ex will be attending with his current. Tons of miscommunication in this book sends everything awry, and Carrie and Ryan think things are different than they are. Can they fix things? Can they see what the other wants? Find out this and more in this awesome read!!!
Tracy  Kalvin
An emotionally broken woman leans on her best friend (and co-worker) in this friends to lovers romance.

This book was a joy to read. It has laughter, love and a bit of angst, just enough to hit you in the feels. Carrie has been humiliated by her ex boyfriend. The guy that was supposed to be Mr. Perfect. The guy is also the best man to Carrie's Maid of Honor in a wedding coming up. Desperate to lessen her humiliation a bit, Carrie enlists Ryan, friend an co worker at her spa to help out for the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. Since 2013, she has sold more than 1.5 million books, with 4 New York Times bestsellers and more than 16 appearances on the USA Today bestseller list. Her books have been translated into French and German, with more titles releasing in 2017.

From billionaires to BBWs to new adult rock stars, Julia finds
More about Julia Kent...

On Hold (2 books)
  • Our Options Have Changed (On Hold, #1)