Start by marking “The Astronomy Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained” as Want to Read:
The Astronomy Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained

The Astronomy Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained

(Big Ideas Simply Explained)

An essential guide to milestone developments in astronomy, telling the story of our ideas about space, time, and the physics of the cosmos--from ancient times to the present day.

From planets and stars to black holes and the Big Bang, take a journey through the wonders of the universe. Featuring topics from the Copernican Revolution to the mind-boggling theories of recent
Published September 5th 2017 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)

To ask other readers questions about The Astronomy Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Astronomy Book

Start your review of The Astronomy Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained
Mr Shahabi
DK never disappoint as simple refrences
catt ୭̥*゙
Nov 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
SOMEONE PLS GET ME THIS FOR MY BRITHDAY
Lindsey
Lots and lots I didn’t know. Of course current theories may be wrong about some (or a lot) of things, and I definitely didn’t understand everything, but still—mind blown. God is quite the creator.
Kacper
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Focused on the history of astronomy. I didn't want a history lesson, I just wanted a recap of what we know about astronomy.
Catherine  ↟Katia↟ •Ravenclaw•
Meraviglioso. É un libro quasi scolastico ma se siete davvero interessati a la materia sará un piacere "studiarlo".
Gabby
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an easy to understand book, for adults and teens alike. It provides historical and modern context to astronomy, as well as a plain language overview of the science of the universe. This includes everything from explanations of time and space, to the creation of the universe, to modern research on Mars. Beautiful, bright photos and illustrations, as well as bright text pullouts, make this an organized, clear, and enjoyable read.
Amanda Youngs
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In the interests of full disclosure, I read this book as part of a project for work. And I would never have chosen to read a book on this subject, thinking it would be too scientific and mathematical and generally not remotely appealing.

Well, how wrong could I have been? This is a rare 5 star book as far as I am concerned. There was a lot of history in it, and how things progressed while we were learning about the stars and space, which discoveries came when and what they meant. And people the
Patron
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first scientific entry I've read in this series also happens to be one of the best I've picked up so far! As a complete neophyte to the serious study of astronomy past high school level, I've now decided that I'm absolutely enhanced by the universe and how little we know about it (seriously, I didn't get how much of a developing field astronomy is until I read this) and it's all thanks to the lovely people who condensed terrifying ideas like alien life and black holes into this magnificent ...more
Metodi Pachev
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book. All important ideas in astronomy, astrophysics and cosmology, explained simply with appealing graphics. More chapters on astrobiology would have been appreciated.
Indah Threez Lestari
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
565 - 2019
Heidi
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very thorough. Learned more about women astronomers thanks to this book.
Milo Letap
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DK books are a great read if you can care about alot of general details. I am planning on going through all of the big ideas series!!! Good job DK
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A thorough, high level overview of the great events in the history of humans studying stars. I enjoyed skimming through the highlights and sharing the pictures with my children.
Jack
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a good book that provided lots of good and clear information. It also explained the history of astronomy and physics, and how they have changed over the years.
Mumtaza Rizky Iswanda
Nov 29, 2018
Jesse Wright
rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2018
Jan 08, 2018
Anna
Jul 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Atom Land: A Guided Tour Through the Strange and Impossibly Small World of Particle Physics
  • Watch Your Junk and Other Advice for Expectant Fathers
  • Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Math Book (Big Ideas)
  • Big Nate: What's a Little Noogie Between Friends?
  • Politik als Beruf
  • Урания
  • Лирика
  • Копнеж
  • Rilke's Book of Hours: Love Poems to God
  • Антихрист
  • Italian Short Stories For Beginners: 8 Unconventional Short Stories to Grow Your Vocabulary and Learn Italian the Fun Way!
  • The Meaning of It All: Thoughts of a Citizen-Scientist
  • ESSENTIALS OF PHILOSOPHY: The Basic Concepts of the World's Greatest Thinkers
  • A Fever in the Heart and Other True Cases (Crime Files, #3)
  • The End of the Dream: The Golden Boy Who Never Grew Up (Crime Files, #5)
  • The Lazarus Files: A Cold Case Investigation
  • In the Land of White Death: An Epic Story of Survival in the Siberian Arctic

Big Ideas Simply Explained (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Art Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained