Start by marking “La montaña de libros más alta del mundo” as Want to Read:
La montaña de libros más alta del mundo

La montaña de libros más alta del mundo

Lucas es un niño que quiere volar. Su deseo es tan fuerte que intentará por todos los medios conseguirlo, desde fabricar unas alas hasta pedírselas a santa Claus. El día de su cumpleaños, al soplar las velas, pidió su deseo de todos los años. Su madre le regala un libro y le dice que hay otras formas de volar. Comienza la aventura de Lucas con los libros, es tan voraz ...more
Hardcover, Segunda edición, 44 pages
Published February 2017 (first published 2015)

Start your review of La montaña de libros más alta del mundo
karen
 photo IMG_4725_zpsakzl8dxo.jpg

this is a sweet book that i probably would have adored if i’d read it as a kid. as an old and shriveled adult, the story itself doesn’t do much for me: little boy is obsessed with wanting to fly; he tries to make wings, he asks for wings for christmas, and is finally given a book by his mother, a woman who, admirably, prioritizes reading over goo goo gah gah time:

photo IMG_4719_zpsayozthzc.jpg

and who assures him, There are other ways to fly, Lucas.

photo IMG_4720_zpsd63yc0l6.jpg

he’s a fast convert to this metaphorical, imagination-as-flight
Shiloah
Loved this book! Must own it.
Amanda Brooke
I read this last week to our students as the first book of nominees for the Washington State children's choice picture book award. Before I read it, I showed them the publisher's page and explained that this is where I learned that the books was originally in Spanish and that it was translated to English. Then I showed them the back flap where it talks about the author. The students were fascinated that she was from Spain. I love how she visits other books as the story unfolds - the students ...more
Kid Lit Reviews
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, 2016-reviews
Lucas loves watching birds and planes soar high above him, convinced he, too, is destined to fly. Over the years, Lucas tries to invent wings in which to soar, but he fails repeatedly. He tries asking Santa for help, but instead of real wings he receives toys. Lucas’s birthday wishes equally fail him. Then on his seventh birthday . . .

Teachers will love The Highest Mountain of Books in the World, despite its needlessly long title. Never does Bonilla “shove” the idea of reading onto readers or
Dena (Batch of Books)
This is another picture book with gorgeous illustrations. It's about a boy named Lucas who wants to fly more than anything in the world. When his mother tells him "there's more than one way to fly" and hands him a book, he finds himself caught up in a new kind of adventure.

Like a few other picture books that celebrate reading, this story will delight young readers. Kids will love watching Lucas shift his obsession of flying to one of experiencing the world through books. It's a lovely story that
Katie
This is the most wonderful and whimsical book about nurturing a love of reading in children. Both the words and the pictures are excellent. Strongly recommended!
Linda Gill
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published in Spain, 2015

Translated into English by Mara Lethem for publication in 2016

“Lucas was convinced he was born to fly.” From a very young age, Lucas watched all that flew or floated in the air. As he grew, he made his own wings and tried to fly with them. When they failed, he would make a different pair of wings and tried once again. He asked Santa and made birthday wishes for wings…ones that “really” would let him fly. But none of them worked.

One birthday, his mother told him
Bethe
A little obvious where this was going - that books give wings to your imagination - I like the nods to the classics in kidlit.
Karrie
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A big thank you letter to those that introduce you to books. Lucas wants to fly, tries to build wings, asks Santa and makes wishes. His mother knows there are other ways and gives him a book, and now they are his obsession. His read pile grows and illustrations reference classic literature from Little Prince to Jungle Book.
Edward Sullivan
Wonderfully whimsical celebration of reading and imagination.
Jeimy
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunning illustrations accompany this gorgeous tale of a boy who wanted to fly and the mother who gave her the books to learn how.
Heydi Smith
Absolutely enchanting for any book lover. Add it to your library, book or reading themed storytime to change things up a bit.
Karen
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jacob, ellie, mom, dad
Ellie read this wonderful story to us. I loved hearing her say mom this picture is from that book!....We liked the illustrations and the way the author helps to open the imagination..krb 1/22/17
Becky
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know that old adage that reading gives you wings? Use this book to explain it to a child (or just to celebrate the greatness that is a good book.)
Anna Gall
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grade Level: K-3
Genre: Fantasy
Unique Feature: This story walks the line between fantasy and realistic fiction; as a reader, I was unsure whether the author intended for the reader to be seeing inside the main character's imagination, or whether the little boy really was building a mountain of books. I chose to side with the latter, but it does seem open to interpretation. Because of this, I think it provides a unique opportunity to teach students about the ways in which the reader determines the
Bobbi
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome book to introduce a child to the wonders of reading! It's a sweet story and the illustrations are great; I especially like the one of him in the garden, reading his first book, just given to him by his mother. I'll be giving this book as a gift at every baby shower I attend from now on!
Gretchen
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classroom-use
This book has a great message - your imagination can take you anywhere you want to go, it can allow you to fly. This could be a good book to choose when talking about what the great reasons are to read and what are the wonderful benefits you gain from reading.
Miss Sarah
A young boy's greatest wish is to fly but he can't seem to get his wish. His mother tells him there are many ways to fly and he discovers books. Great imagination. Cute preschool and up for length.
Molly Pearson
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Children's Choice Picture Book Award. Sweet story about reading and imagination.
Beth
This book reminds me of the saying, “To reach the top, we stand on the books we read.”
Marina
A good story on how delving into the variety of book worlds can allow you do most anything or go anywhere. Hmmm, sounds like The Reading Rainbow theme.
Victoria Evangelina Allen
A very cute book! MORE!!!! BOOKS!!! ...more
Kendra
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the allusions to other books. Didn't really enjoy the concept? As a child who both loved to read and wanted to fly, the one did not really make up for the lack of the other?
Kathryn Bergeron
Simona GB
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 30-children
The message is a bit too syrupy for my kid to buy, but he loves the pictures and the topic.
Andre
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keller-cobras
Love getting lost in a good book!
Cyril
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story with beautiful illustrations.
Kathy
A wonderful story about the wonder of reading. The illustrations made the book for me!!!
Kelly
Cool story. Books let you fly!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Zeb.
  • Grumpy Duck
  • Clownsnacht
  • Do Not Lick this Book
  • Maar eerst ving ik een monster
  • Naar de wolven
  • Me And My Fear
  • Prinses Arabella in het museum
  • The Legend of Rock Paper Scissors
  • Madame Badobedah
  • Phileas's Fortune: A Story about Self-Expression
  • Pim en Pom in het Rijksmuseum
EN: After studying Fine Arts at the University of Barcelona, Rocio Bonilla worked in fields such as photography and advertising. Since 2010 she has forged two careers as an illustrator of children's books and a painter of murals.

ESP: Nací en Barcelona en 1970.

Licenciada en BBAA por la Universidad de Barcelona.

CAP en pedagogía.

Cursos específicos de ilustración con Ignasi Blanch y Roger Olmos.

Inicié