Start by marking “B Is for Boo: A Halloween Alphabet” as Want to Read:
B Is for Boo: A Halloween Alphabet

B Is for Boo: A Halloween Alphabet

(BabyLit Alphabet)

Introduce your brilliant baby to the ABCs with this illustrated primer about Halloween.

Greg Paprocki's popular retro-style series of sturdy board book alphabet primers expands to introduce brilliant babies and toddlers to one of the most popular holidays on the calendar: Halloween. Just as other books in this series make learning history fun and engaging for children, tthi
Board Book, 32 pages
Published August 15th 2017 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about B Is for Boo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about B Is for Boo

Start your review of B Is for Boo: A Halloween Alphabet
Mischenko
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great introduction to the alphabet for babies and toddlers. The illustrations are perfect and have a vintage children's book feel. There are twenty-six different illustrations throughout the book to teach all about Halloween to our little ones while they visualize the alphabet and learn the sounds as you read. A perfect addition to the Halloween shelf that I plan on keeping even when my little ones are grown!
Ashley
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the art on this one!! And the story is do much better than the other Halloween A-Z story in our toddler classroom!
Jennifer Strong
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love the artwork!
Morris
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The baby who was given this book would definitely rate it five stars, so I am going with that. We're almost back to fall and she's stayed obsessed with it. Great illustrations and a fun way to learn the alphabet.

Unbiased rating based upon a copy won through the Goodreads First Reads program.
Mama Bibliosoph
These sturdy board books are a great way to introduce a lot of Halloween vocabulary to a little alphabet lover. While a lot of the BabyLit books are pretty useless and appeal to adults more than children, the many holiday themed alphabet primers ('D is for Dreidel,' 'S is for Santa,' etc.) by the artist Greg Paprocki are truly fabulous.

Many autistic kids are obsessed with the alphabet as young children and alphabet books are a great way to encourage interest in books and to expand a child's voca
A.J.
I have long loved the BabyLit series from afar, so I was excited to finally get one in my hands! This Halloween installment has lovely retro-styled illustrations that are the perfect balance of creepy and cutesy, and I was so excited that it was a legit board-book that would withstand tiny hands (should I ever actually let kids touch it, lol). Definitely going to continue looking for installments in this series, both as gifts for my new-parent friends and my own enjoyment!

*I received a copy of t
Dusty Ginsbach
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: give-away-books
Liselotte
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, picture-books
I really, really liked this one! I own two other books in the series, and this one is by far the most "logical" in it's choice of words for children. I felt like some in the other one's were a bit farfetched and not really on-theme, but the words in this one were really well thought out!
Though, to be honest, I buy these books mainly for the art that accompanies the books, as they are so beautiful! ;)
Stacy Fetters
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sneaky-librarian
Halloween is never over when it comes to me and my house. It’s that way year round.

This is a great book for kids to learn their letters and to see interesting sights to match. It’s extremely eye appealing and grabbing.

And look at that cover!! Love it! It’s quite spooktacular!!

My rating is mostly for the illustrious illustrations!!
Mely
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Love, love, love the vintage illustrations! Such detail in each of the pages. Reminds me of retro Little Golden Books. My little one loves anything Halloween so this was the perfect treat for her. She loves reading this over and over again.
Valleri
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would highly recommend this book for any autumn-child or anyone who loves all things Halloween. That would be me :) The alphabet is very well done and engaging for even the youngest readers and listeners-of-stories.
Cristina
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As if I did not already love BabyLit forever and ever, this book is now Lu's most prized possession. I adore the illustrations & being that we've done a solid job raising our daughter to be halloween enthused 365 days of the year, this is clearly the only ABC book we'll ever use again. ...more
Eliot Reads
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun (not scary) Halloween themed alphabet board book.
Sally
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
BabyLit hits it out of the park again! The retro illustrations ares so fun and reminiscent of a less scary holiday.
Robyn
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a delightful little book! The illustrations were so adorable, the words picked were a lot of fun. Highly recommended. Ages 1 to 4, but really for anyone.
Rebecca Light
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Obsessed with these vintage-style Halloween illustrations. I want them blown up and wallpapered all over my apartment! Super cute alphabet book for Halloween lovers.
Lauren
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute book & they use words you don’t normally see in children’s books ...more
Peacegal
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A gem on the board-book shelves. The illustrations have the look of classic children's picture books from generations ago.
Olivia
Nov 06, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Scariest Book Ever
  • Little Blue Truck's Halloween
  • Baby Loves Political Science: Democracy!
  • Goodnight Goon: A Petrifying Parody
  • Tiny T. Rex and the Impossible Hug
  • Room on the Broom
  • Spooky Pookie
  • In a Jar
  • How to Make Friends with a Ghost
  • Apple Cake: A Gratitude
  • Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
  • Creepy Pair of Underwear!
  • Little Blue Truck
  • The Scarecrow
  • Clifford's Halloween
  • Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
  • The Berenstain Bears Trick or Treat
  • Eek! Halloween!

BabyLit Alphabet (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • A Is for Atom: A Midcentury Alphabet