Start by marking “The Nutcracker: A Babylit(r) Dancing Primer” as Want to Read:
The Nutcracker: A Babylit(r) Dancing Primer

The Nutcracker: A Babylit(r) Dancing Primer

BabyLit(R) is a fashionable way to introduce your baby to the world of classic literature

With this colorfully illustrated board book version of the classic Christmas-time ballet, Jennifer Adams and Alison Oliver present a new holiday favorite, The Nutcracker: A BabyLit(R) Dancing Primer. This board book features soldiers marching, mice prancing, snowflakes swirling, dolls
Board Book, 22 pages
Published September 12th 2017 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about The Nutcracker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nutcracker

Start your review of The Nutcracker: A Babylit(r) Dancing Primer
Kim Bakos
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
This is a board book with a few of the characters from the Nutcracker ballet. If it were a little more detailed it would be a good book to read to a small child before taking him/her to the ballet. But for me, a board book is for little babies and toddlers, who are unlikely to go to the ballet or understand the story. By the time a child is old enough to go to the ballet or take dance lessons, they are old enough for a more complex story. But if you just want a story to share with a toddler that ...more
Kris
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I like the dancing terms in this one, but I have figured out one of my main problems with the BabyLit books. While the art is often adorable, when it depicts people of any race other than caucasian, it seems cliched and stereotypical to the point of being unknowingly racist. This one is no exception.
Sara (Sjthroughthelookingglass)
I love the idea of favorite literature downsized for a baby's book. This series makes the book fun for both parents and baby's alike. Illustrations are bold, fun and colorful. This book is not layed out as a story, but rather a baby's first book of ____. My only complaint about this book is it seemed to end more abruptly than the others that I have.
Vivian
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
These "Babylit" books are surprisingly accessible to babies and toddlers! This one provides a plethora of wiggle prompts, such as DANCING, BENDING, PRANCING, MARCHING, SWIRLING, TWIRLING, SWAYING, SPINNING, LEAPING, and SKIPPING. What fun! I also love the stylized illustrations.
Giselle Bradley
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I freaking love these Babylit books! This one is especially delightful. I love the nutcracker so much and this was such a fun breakdown of it. With beautiful illustrations and charming sentences. This book made me smile so big.
Sally
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a cute way to introduce young ones to the different dances from "The Nutcracker" Ballet.
Jaci Lord
Shelves: david, holiday
LOVE the illustrations
Peyton
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book teaches children about dancing. It is a fun introduction to the classic tale.
Molly
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
BabyLit is a series of board books that uses classic works of literature to teach a concept. This board book uses E.T.A. Hoffmann's novella "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King," Tchaikovsky's ballet "The Nutcracker" and the concept is dancing. It is a cute series with nice illustrations.
Nel
Oct 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Little Blue Truck's Christmas
  • Hippopposites
  • Duck & Goose, It's Time For Christmas!
  • Pick a Pumpkin
  • Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!
  • Angelina's Christmas
  • Construction Site on Christmas Night
  • Little Blue Truck's Halloween
  • Baby's First Christmas
  • Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
  • Llama Llama Holiday Drama
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • How to Catch an Elf
  • Merry Christmas, Peppa!
  • Snowmen at Christmas
  • Where Is Baby's Turkey?: A Karen Katz Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Christmas Cheer for The Grouchy Ladybug
  • Snowmen at Halloween

Jennifer Adams is the author of more than forty books. Her bestselling BabyLit board books (published by Gibbs Smith) introduce small children to the world of classic literature and have sold 1.5 million copies. Her new series of board books My Little Cities (published by Chronicle Books) includes London and New