Start by marking “S Is for Santa: A Christmas Alphabet” as Want to Read:
S Is for Santa: A Christmas Alphabet

S Is for Santa: A Christmas Alphabet

(BabyLit Alphabet)

From the creators of BabyLit, a Christmas board book for infants and toddlers, to evoke the wonder of Christmas.

A collection of twenty-six illustrations featuring colorful Christmas-themed concepts sure to evoke a sense of wonderment for toddlers and nostalgia for parents, including Christmas carolers, kids playing in the snow, toys piled high under the tree, sparkling dec
Board Book, 32 pages
Published September 12th 2017 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about S Is for Santa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about S Is for Santa

Start your review of S Is for Santa: A Christmas Alphabet
jiji
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A simple alphabet book for younger kids. Really, more of a “joys of winter” book than a Christmas book. The illustrations reminded me of Madmen...very late 50s/early 60s advertisement-type artwork. I loved it. They made me feel Nostalgic for an era I never lived through. This board book is not about the meaning of Christmas and doesn’t point to any moral or lesson. Basically, you are getting a bunch of illustrations of Instagram Christmas moments inspired by New York 1960s consumerism. I’m ok wi ...more
Sue
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. (Thank you for your generosity!)

This book was really cute. Ironically, my 9-year-old grabbed this board book as soon as I set it on the counter and ran in the room to read it. (That Christmas bug knows no age limit, I guess.) He was anxious to read it to me after he had his turn. He liked the illustrations.

My only complaint would be the x - "X is for eXcitement." If ever "X" could be "xylophone," this book would be it! Even my son disagreed with the "chea
S.L. Stevens
An adorable Christmas board book with retro 1960s-style illustrations. The characters are ethnically diverse and several mixed-race families are shown. I love that V is for "volunteering" - it's wonderful that this book is about more than just getting presents and candy. This is much better than the other ABC Christmas board book we own. My can't-sit-still two year old has brought it to me several times so I can read it to him.
Alex Reneski
Dec 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
In a book subtitled "A Christmas Alphabet, you would think they could find room to mention the Birth of Christ at least once! Book starts off with "A is for Angel", but that is a close as it gets!

Why not B for baby, M for manger, or many others available.

Would you write a "Passover Alphabet" without mentioning Jews? A "Ramadan Alphabet" without mentioning Muhammed?

Book provided by goodreads
Meg McGregor
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was a good try. It does evoke great memories of Christmases past!

But, why, was there no mention, of the real reason for Christmas?

Where was J for Jesus, or B for Baby, or W for Wise Men, S for Shepherds, etc?

In this over-commercialized world, surely this book, and others like it, can remember the REAL reason we celebrate the season?
Melissa Rochelle
Our Elf Scout brought this book from the North Pole to read with her stuffed animal friends one night (you know, I think she must have bought it at Target). Genevieve quickly snatched it up and called it her own. I love the artwork, but I'm not crazy about the font chosen for the letters -- definitely not the letter-shapes kids are traditionally taught.
Sara
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won this awesome book in a good reads giveaway, as soon as I got it out of the box my 3 year old sat down and read it, and read it again and again and once more before bed. He loves it! It colorful and sturdy and amazing! Thanks again!
Kristy
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway. We are huge BabyLit fans in this house so I was excited to see this is a BabyLit book! It has beautiful, vintage-style illustrations and adorable wording. I know my toddlers will love reading this during the holiday season!
Ash Rocketship
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Lovely illustrations and a very fun alphabet!
Chelsea
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is visually beautiful and wonderfully put together. A must have for your children’s personal library. A Good Read for ALL ages!!!!
Donna Foster
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
Christmas time fun from A to Z in this sturdy baby book.
Olivia
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Santa."
Chinook
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, christmas
A library borrow, and it’s wonderful. It has enough challenging/new vocabulary to keep even Kait interested at five, and the illustrations are wonderful. I wish we owned this one.
Rainey
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the representation in this gem of a board book.
Jocelin
A cute christmas themed book for Christmas!
Becca
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable holiday ABC book with fun and beautiful illustrations.
Sally
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love BabyLit books. I love A-B-C books. So combine the two and you've got this darling addition to my ridiculously huge Christmas book collection I love the vintage-y illustrations.
Marie
Dec 06, 2017
Mary Catherine
Nov 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• If You Tell: A True Story of Murder, Family Secrets, and the Unbreakable Bond of Sisterhood
  • Happy Birthday to You!
  • Happy Pig Day! (Elephant & Piggie, #16)
  • Pick a Pine Tree
  • The Book Charmer (Dove Pond, #1)
  • The Napping House
  • Blue Hat, Green Hat
  • Doggies: A Counting and Barking Book
  • Baby Feminists
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • Charles of the Wild
  • Oxford Phonics Spelling Dictionary. by Roderick Hunt, Debbie Hepplewhite
  • Baby Sleeps (The Baby's Catalogue)
  • Don't Shake the Present!
  • Hair Love
  • The Secret Garden: A BabyLit® Flowers Primer
  • Pete the Cat's Trip to the Supermarket
  • Opposites with Frank Lloyd Wright

BabyLit Alphabet (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • A Is for Atom: A Midcentury Alphabet