Start by marking “The Forger (Elite Crimes Unit #2)” as Want to Read:
The Forger (Elite Crimes Unit #2)

The Forger

(Elite Crimes Unit #2)

When Interpol’s covert behind-the-scenes Elite Crimes Unit looks for new talent, they recruit someone who knows all the tricks—and sometimes a troublemaker is exactly who’s needed for the job…

Olivia Lawson’s bosses at Scotland Yard don’t take her work very seriously. Art and antiquities? Bor-ing! But her latest investigation, at London’s world-renowned Tate, is turning out
Published August 8th 2017 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about The Forger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forger

Melanie
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Forger was a very enjoyable read and an excellent continuation of the Elite Crimes Unit series with a heroine determined to prove herself and a devilishly charming hero.

Olivia Lawson is used to her colleagues at Scotland Yard underestimating her and looking down on her work in the Art and Antiquities department. When her newest assignment includes an unexpected explosive aspect, Olivia is assigned to work with the Interpol agent who saved her from the blast. Ethan Maxwell, a reformed art for
Scarlett Ian
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have not previously read a book by Michele Hauf but I was excited to start this book based on the synopsis alone. I was expecting some romance, some action and some suspense and I got all of them.
The interactions between Ethan and Olivia are so entertaining for the readers. The author manages to grab the read’s attention from the very first page of the story. Olivia is a constable with the Scotland Yard who specializes in Arts & Antiquities. She is called to a crime scene where she discove
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I was ready to jump back into Melissa Hauf's Elite Crime Unit in The Forger. I enjoyed the first book but really loved the character development in the second installment. I felt that Olivia and Ethan had amazing chemistry and I got lost in the story. I could not get enough! It was action packed and swoony. The perfect combination!!

When Art Investigator, Olivia Lawson is suddenly tackled by dark-haired stranger Ethan Maxwell, her life is thrown into a whirlwind. A barely reformed art forger, he'
Rosey Waters
I preferred the last one of this. I think it's partly me being picky about British things, partly not loving the cop/con dynamic, partly it just missing that certain something. Everything was put out clearly and without any subtlety, making the author seem like she didn't trust the reader to get there.

Plus, I dislike when villains are "mad".
JG
The Forger is the second book in the Elite Crime Unit series by Michele Hauf. So it's basically about ex criminals getting a second chance at imprisonment, I mean in life 😂 by becoming the good guys. The Forger starts of with an Art crime and the investigation is headed by Olivia Lawson whose own unit is being downsized and her boss is being difficult (he basically thinks she can't do the job). It doesn't really help that a valuable painting explodes while she's on the scene. Ethan is from Inter ...more
Eva
art forger turned investigator for the elite crimes unit at interpol, ethan maxwell still skirts the edge of the law. he hasn't touched a brush or easel since his arrest and recruitment to the e.c.u., but he has knowledge of crimes that haven't been shared or revealed.

when a vandalist/forger targets his father's forgeries, ethan is partnered with olivia lawson of the art & antiquities unit of scotland yard. she's in line for promotion to detective constable and needs a win in this case, thou
Ratula
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy of this book. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Becky Burciaga
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Second on the Elite Crimes Unit series the author has once again written an enthralling and sophisticated story rife with mystery and intrigue.

What fascinated me the most about this story was the amount of real information about art work it contained, which I enjoyed. The imagery created about each piece enabled me to feel as if I was present, seeing the work of art first hand. Though not as fast paced as the first book, it was entertaining nonetheless.

This ARC book was complimentary, provided
Synergy Quest
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an entertaining heist romance. For some reason, it reminds me of the movie, Intolerable Cruelty, with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Clooney.

His father was a master forger who believed that forgery actually honors the classics. She lost her job after spending $10 million on a forged painting and now she’s an investigator for Scotland Yard. They are polar opposites, now joined together to find a criminal and neither of them see their HEA coming.

If you’re looking for a fun read, you just found i
C bond
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
netgalley

not bad, I liked this book
JoAn
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Forger by Michele Hauf is the second book in the Elite Crimes series but can easily be read as a standalone.

The fast paced plot as Olivia and Ethan tried to track down the mystery bomber who vandalizes works of art was an intriguing premise for the book. Ms. Hauf's descriptive writing allowed me to understand more about paintings and their history so that I had to actually looks some of them up on the internet. As far as the romance between Olivia and Ethan, I have to question that a true lo
Lynn Spencer
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I select titles for review because I think a given book sounds like something I might enjoy. So it was with The Forger. I love romantic suspense and the idea of a suspense novel set in the world of art galleries caught my fancy. Of course, I then had to read the book, which unfortunately ended up being quite a chore indeed.

Olivia Lawson has a dream job working as a constable in the Art and Antiquities Unit at Scotland Yard. Unfortunately, art crimes aren’t top priority at Scotland Yard, so her u
Marti
The Forger by Michele Hauf reminded me of White Collar with a HEA. While there are some similarities to White Collar, there are enough differences to keep you interested in the storyline. The book takes place in London focusing on a new specialize crime force called The Elite Crimes Unit. Ethan Maxwell is considered a specialist in art crimes and forgeries. He is asked to work with Olivia Lawson, a member of the art and antiquities section of Scotland Yard. Olivia’s boss does not hold out much h ...more
Amy
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
*Thanks to NetGalley for a digital copy of this book!*

This is the second in this series. I did read the first book also. This review will be similar, because the books were very alike to me. I like this concept : heists, art crime, so I enjoyed the book in that aspect.
Olivia is an art crimes detective. Ethan is a reformed art forger, released from jail to work for the Elite Crimes Unit, on art crimes. I liked the fact that Olivia was not described as the "ideal" image of a woman, but at the same
Amber
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
This was a very fast, easy read. While this is book two it can be completely read as a standalone. I didn't know originally when I was going to read it that it was part of a series but there was absolutely no problems reading this one.

The story was interesting but at times moved a bit slow for my taste but overall I enjoyed it. Also learned a lot more about the art world.

While I did really like both Olivia and Ethan, at times Olivia seemed to contradict herself to me. She's naturally a very shy
Nightbird Novels
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Olivia Lawson, works for the Arts and Antiquities unit at Scotland Yard and is called in on a case where a priceless painting is not only defaced but booby trapped as well.

Ethan Maxwell, works for Interpol in the Elite Crimes Unit. As a condition of his employment and avoiding prison time, he is not allowed to divulge his history to others.... even those who interest him on more than just a professional level...

With a mysterious person who is working at a greater game than just defacing museum p
SubiMana
Jan 20, 2018
Megan
Feb 25, 2018
Teresap
rated it did not like it
Dec 13, 2017
Mar 18, 2018
Appoloin
Jun 04, 2018
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 28, 2017 08:06AM
Michele has been writing romance, action-adventure and fantasy stories for over twenty years. Her first published novel was DARK RAPTURE.

France, musketeers, vampires and faeries populate her stories. And if she followed the adage 'write what you know', all her stories would have snow in them. Fortunately, she steps beyond her comfort zone and writes about countries she has never visited and of cre

Elite Crimes Unit (3 books)
  • The Thief (Elite Crimes Unit #1)
  • The Chameleon (Elite Crimes Unit #3)