Start by marking “The Rebel (San Angeles, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rebel (San Angeles, #3)

The Rebel

(San Angeles #3)

The third and final installment in the San Angeles trilogy, a thrilling near-future cyberpunk sci-fi series

Kris Merrill has lost everything. Her family when she was thirteen, her identity when she joined the anti-corporate movement, and now the man she loved. Living in a small room the resistance gave her, she feels alone. Abandoned.

A year ago, Kris's life was torn apart
Published November 14th 2017 by Daw Books

To ask other readers questions about The Rebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rebel

Start your review of The Rebel (San Angeles, #3)
Shelley
*Source* NetGalley
*Genre* Cyberpunk, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

The Rebel is the third and final installment in author Gerald Brandt's San Angeles trilogy. Set in the year 2141, The Rebel is a cyberpunk, science fiction, action adventure novel with plenty of unexpected twists. Brandt has created a world where large corporations (SoCal, Kadokawa, and IBC) control most of the world's resources and production. Kris Merrill is a resident of the sprawling West Coast megapolis known as San A
Hayden Trenholm
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sf
Exciting and moving conclusion to a great trilogy.
Adam
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Really more on the 2.5 end

If you've been following my reviews on these books then you know I wasn't really into the second installment. But I figured since there is only one more book in the series and I own it, I may as well finish it off. It's not that reading Brandt's writing is a slog, his writing and books is fast paced, I just started to lose interest in his characters and "The Rebel" was no exception to this.

At this point I was pretty done with the main character Kris' story. In "The Rebe
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Chris Merrill is still trying to break the corporation's hold on San Angles even after suffering massive losses. This series has some very interesting world building and back story. Chris is facing overwhelming odds as she tries to reach her goals. The tension and danger just keeps building. I enjoyed hearing Chris's story and really liked the ending. Chris is a survivor who works for a better life for everyone. A nice conclusion to the series. ...more
Timothy Reynolds
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When avenging loved ones pits heroine Kris against both the enemy and her allies, the stakes get so high it makes her dizzy and doubt herself as her past and her future collide in this high-paced, dystopian thriller. The girl without a family learns what it is to once again love and belong, only to have the world-controlling, corrupt, war-mongering corporations get even more determined to tear her world apart.
James Connolly
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 of the San Angeles Series. This time Kris makes it to space. Well low Earth Orbit at least. This third instalment manages to keep the action going while managing to be as engaging to read as the previous 2 novels in the series. This is a definite must read series.

Thank you sir may we have another?
Nicole Luiken
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: canadian, sf-fantasy
Conclusion to the trilogy that started with The Courier. Short scenes and lots of intercuts between characters kept the pace moving well. Book two was hard on Kris so she starts off at a low place and gradually gains some hard-won peace. I liked how competent she has become after three books.

Quibble: Andrew's plotline, while vital to the conclusion, was a bit dull.
Linsela
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: disappointing
Okay, this final story is grander and Kris is more rebel. Writing was a bit uneven - so some sections drag, others ones move too fast.

However, we still have a crazy person obsessed with killing her. Plus somehow Kris so easily sneaks up to a secure satellite-city on a shuttle, then breaks into a prison by the winging it. I suppose if James Bond can do it, so can Kris. :-)
Susan Forest
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The entire series has been awesome--I love action and adventure, and this world is gritty and full of danger. Kris is a sympathetic and believable character, and this book takes her to even deeper jeopardy. Loved it!
Johnny King
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I overall enjoyed the series. Feel like there could be a 4th.
Andrew
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent end to the trilogy -- unfortunately for me, my reading was interrupted by school starting.

Might try re-reading all three books back-to-back-to-back one day!
Peter Langevin
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, great finish

Mr. Brandt wrote a great ending to this trilogy. It wraps things up beautifully and in way that makes it seem even more real life.
John Runyon
Derek
Jan 07, 2021
Erland
Feb 10, 2018

• The Sentinel (Jack Reacher, #25)
  • The Burning God (The Poppy War, #3)
  • The Trouble with Peace (The Age of Madness, #2)
  • Waste Tide
  • Something (Full Murderhobo Book 1)
  • Emergency Skin
  • A Memory Called Empire (Teixcalaan #1)
  • Heaven's River (Bobiverse, #4)
  • A Place Called Waco: A Survivor's Story
  • Demon in White (Sun Eater, #3)
  • How the Multiverse Got Its Revenge
  • The Constant Rabbit
  • Agency (Jackpot #2)
  • The West Woods

San Angeles (3 books)
  • The Courier (San Angeles, #1)
  • The Operative (San Angeles, #2)

News & Interviews