Start by marking “Typhoon Fury (The Oregon Files, #12)” as Want to Read:
Typhoon Fury (The Oregon Files, #12)

Typhoon Fury

(Oregon Files #12)

Hired to search for a collection of paintings worth half a billion dollars, Juan Cabrillo and the crew of the Oregon soon find themselves in much deeper waters. The vicious leader of a Filipino insurgency is not only using them to finance his attacks, he has stumbled upon one of the most lethal secrets of World War II: a Japanese-developed drug, designed, but never used, to turn ...more
Published November 7th 2017 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about Typhoon Fury, please sign up.
Paul Cookson Yes you can as this is a separate story from previous books in the Oregon Files series however I wouldn't. The story and the cast make more sense with…moreYes you can as this is a separate story from previous books in the Oregon Files series however I wouldn't. The story and the cast make more sense with the background provided in the previous books. Plus, they're bloody good books.(less)

Jenny
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, adventure
Typhoon Fury is book twelve in the Oregon Files series by Clive Cussler. Juan Cabrillo and his Corporation were hired by Dr Beth Anders to help her recover sixteen painting from a group led by Salvadore Locsin to finance their illegal agenda. However, during the early stages of their investigation, they stumbled on something more sinister and could have dangerous consequences for Asia. The readers of Typhoon Fury will go on a roller-coaster ride with Juan Cabrillo and his teams to find the missi ...more
Jean
I have enjoyed the Oregon File Series by Cussler. This is book number twelve in the series. I noted Cussler has a different co-author, Boyd Morrison, for this book.

Project Typhoon was a military name given to the drug developed by the Moral Division in World War II. Cabrillo and the Oregon crew are assigned the mission of finding the alleged hidden cache of the drug. Cussler provides a strong women character in this story. Beth Anders and her female bodyguard, Raven, have infiltrated
Christian D.  Orr
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Action fans, Cussler fans
Another exciting adventure for Juan Cabrillo and his intrepid crew of the super spy ship "Oregon"....this time contending with a vile communist terrorist group from the Philippines, South African mercenaries, and a scary powerful drug that makes PCP look wimpy by comparison.

RANDOM STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS NOTES AND OBSERVATIONS:

--pp. 16-17: Continuity error; first SGT Kekoa is described as having a rifle, then suddenly it's a Thompson SMG.

--p. 35: If the Oregon
Ron Hartley
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Guns
Boats
Explosions
Submarines
Bad guys
Bad guys who are worse that those bad guys
Bad guys who are worse than the first bad guys and the second bad guys

Juan Cabrillo and his band of merry men and women take on Spies, Criminals, Communists and Mercenaries. Some have taken a drug that makes them a cross between evil Captain America and Bane - whom you could say is sort of Evil Captain America.

As I read this, I could not help but think that t
Glen
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great entry in the Oregon Files series.

A communist terrorist from the Philippines has found a cache of leftover super soldier drugs from World War 2. He is dosing his men with them, turning them into bullet proof super villains. Juan has to stop them, and get some valuable art, all during a massive typhoon.

A lot of fun!
Gerald Kubicki
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Oregon files are the best of Cussler and his co-writers.
Kathy Davie
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twelfth in The Oregon Files action/adventure thriller series and revolving around the Corporation, a covert team of specialists who sail the world in a tramp merchant ship.

My Take
Cussler/Morrison are setting us up at the start with four separate scenarios that merge, keeping us informed all the way with global third-person subjective point-of-view, so we know what most of the characters are thinking. Very useful as Cussler has the action a’popping all over…and all over the world!

It’/>My
Karen
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun Cabrillo and the Oregon adventure with a not too unbelievable premise. Lots of action and really Bad guys.
Despite all the great tools and technology, there are at least 3 places in the novel that a simple action would have solved problems and not employed. I do not understand this other than the literary license. Maybe I am getting less impressed over the years.
Great weekend or travel light reading/listening!
Wenzel Roessler
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series never disappoints. I love how the different plot lines come together in this book. Well written bad guys and exciting action scenes. Funny, for a series about a super ship and its crew of most of this action takes place on land.
Eric
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical, fast paced, high tech., good guys versus bad guys Cussler with co-author Boyd Morrison. A pretty good stretch of the imagination near the end, which I won't spoil for any reader.

If you ever need a vacation from serious reading, grab Clive Cussler.
Alan Marston
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A powerful drug left over from the Second World War, but lost, supposedly, because of enemy action, becomes the centre of interest for Juan cabrillo and his adversaries. Most of the action takes place in the Far East, and there is plenty of it. Throw in some long lost stolen paintings and an impetuous lady art historian and you have all the makings for disaster as well as excitement.
As usual Cabrillo does not disappoint - just what else can be hidden in a prosthetic leg? Boyd Morrison may
Tom Tischler
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hired to find a collection of paintings worth a half billion dollars Juan Cabrillo and the
crew of the Oregon are soon in deep trouble. The vicious leader of a Filipino insurgency
is not only using them to finance his attacks but he has also stumbled upon one of the
most lethal secrets of World War II. A Japanese developed drug designed but never used to
turn soldiers into super warriors. To stop him the Oregon's crew must not only take on
this rebel commander but also a South Afr
Bob
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The crew of The Oregon have been hired to intercept a USB drive being passed over from a Gang in Vietnam to a Chinese intelligence operative. The meeting is to be on a train and the plan is to capture the USP and Copy it and return it undetected. They then get tasked to track down a Communist gang leader who has plans to take over the Philippine islands with an army souped up with a cache of super steroid pills recovered from a WWII lab in the tunnels of Corregidor. Much action and the rescue of ...more
Kelly
Jan 17, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure-novels
Thugs create super soldiers with super secret drugs. How original. This book is so idiotic it's laughable. It's also hard to believe Juan Cabrillo and the Oregon crew are a part of such tripe. Cusslers jointly written novels are getting worse with each iteration. Such a shame. I've been a long time fan.
Carol
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series. The technology that the Oregon carries never fails to amaze and the highly capable crew is up to any challenge or catastrophe presented to them. It's constant action from start to finish so be prepared.
Dee Haddrill
Boyd Morrison and Clive Cussler have written another thrilling adventure, featuring the always awesome Juan Cabrillo and the rest of the amazing Oregon crew. The bad guys are really really bad, the good guys are incredibly good, and the story races from page to page, daring you to stop at the end of each chapter (you won’t be able to). Great book!
Alex Martinez
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Action movie, WWII, a super-soldier drug, art heist, and a hurricane (well, typhoon, I see what they did there...). If you want all of these things in one place, this is great.
(I actually listened to the audio book, fyi.)
Norman
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: norrie-s-library
As usual an excellent, enthralling read full of twists & turns.
Carole
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
All the loose ends are well tied up at the end of Typhoon Fury. What a. wild tide this book is from beginning to end. I'd definitely recommend it.
J Mark Harrison 3
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of the very best Oregon File books. It is is fast moving and full of action. A must read and hard to put down.
David Snape
This book from the Oregon files, takes place round the Philippines as a vicious leader is using some high profile paintings to seek to finance his attacks. There is also a deadly secret about some drugs that create an army of super-warriors, supposedly used during World War 2. The Oregon team do all they can to stop Asia going to war, another very decent story and worth having a read.
ShanDizzy
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whew! What a ride! Loved it!
Gloria Cangahuala
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clive Cussler is the original master of the non-stop action thriller, and his co-authors enable him to juggle many series simultaneously. I've always enjoyed the Oregon Files series with Juan Cabrillo and his crew. Because Juan is essentially a mercenary, no excuse needs to be made for how he gets into particular situations; he does it for money. But he still has a conscience and a love for humanity, and this is what keeps his stories interesting.

As is standard for all of Cussler's b
Linda Collins
Typhoon Fury

Love The Oregon Files...Juan Cabrillo and his crew always find themselves in trouble and always come up with plans to get out of it...Strong characters and a very strong storyline
David
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another typical Cussler. Exciting, gripping, unbelievable...
Larry
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I anxiously awaited this book, the 12th in the series, and I was expecting the usual comic book-like, very formulaic read. I stopped reading other of Clive Cussler ‘s novels, but I still got a kick out of the Oregon Files series. I have found the ‘corporation’ (mercenaries), its spy ship and crew (especially artificial legged – and in NO WAY disabled -– Chairman Juan Cabrillo), which always work for the ‘good guys’, (typically the CIA) to be charming in the mold of James Bond (with even the corn ...more
Andy
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starting in Vietnam, Juan and the crew are pulling off a dangerous mission in that they are trying to recover a flash drive with top secret information wanted by the Chinese. Instead of just recovering it, they want the Chinese to think they have got it back and the information didn't fall into other hands. Of course the Corporation is successful. Meanwhile their art dealer - art is a good investment - is tracking down some stolen masterpieces when she gets into a very difficult situation. With ...more
Brentman99
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lately, I've been a bit disappointed by some of Clive Cussler's books, and I've been a fan since the 1970s. However, I have always enjoyed the Oregon series.

One thing that really through me off from the dust jacket was the comment" "still shaken by the loss of a dear friend." This pissed me off because they are speaking of Mike Trono, a relatively minor character, if I recall correctly, in the series. However, my point is that if the crew was shaken by the loss, why is Trono only men
Shaun
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
My... fourth Oregon book, after Golden Buddha, Piranha, and The Emperor's Revenge. Have to put it 3rd, behind Emperor and Piranha, and ahead of Golden.

All around, the book was lacking oomph. It was very gadget-heavy, and supposed to be action-driven, but I felt like I got to see so little of the Oregon and the crew. No characters stood out, the banter was on the light side (not light-hearted, but light, as in, little of it)... Or is that lite? Anyway, I think, re-imagined, it could've made a de
Theresa
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has almost every little bit of type of mission in it and lots of exciting, new battles and stunts. I love this series. The way the ship is organized, the team dynamics and being the good guys. It all just fits together in a uniquely entertaining way.

This time, after completing a mission involving a computerized spy list and a gun battle on a moving train, Team Oregon head out to investigate some stolen art involving drug lords and find themselves in the middle of a much lar
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Page Update Request 10 26 Jan 18, 2018 10:14AM

• The Lightning Stones (Philip Mercer, #8)
  • The Last Survivor (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #10.5)
  • Overboard!: A True Blue-Water Odyssey of Disaster and Survival
  • The Barbary Pirates (Ethan Gage, #4)
  • Salem's Cipher (A Salem's Cipher Mystery #1)
  • For Crew and Country: The Inspirational True Story of Bravery and Sacrifice Aboard the USS Samuel B. Roberts
  • War Beneath The Sea
  • Mirage by Clive Cussler - Reviewed
  • Last Flag Down: The Epic Journey of the Last Confederate Warship
  • Valhalla Gold (Joe Hawke #5)
  • China Sea (Dan Lenson, #6)
  • Danger's Hour: The Story of the USS Bunker Hill and the Kamikaze Pilot Who Crippled Her
  • Carpathian (Event Group Thriller #8)
  • Tanner's Twelve Swingers (Evan Tanner #3)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • The Ship and the Storm: Hurricane Mitch and the Loss of the Fantome
Cussler began writing novels in 1965 and published his first work featuring his continuous series hero, Dirk Pitt, in 1973. His first non-fiction, The Sea Hunters, was released in 1996. The Board of Governors of the Maritime College, State University of New York, considered The Sea Hunters in lieu of a Ph.D. thesis and awarded Cussler a Doctor of Letters degree in May, 1997. It was the first time ...more

Oregon Files (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Golden Buddha (Oregon Files, #1)
  • Sacred Stone (Oregon Files, #2)
  • Dark Watch (Oregon Files, #3)
  • Skeleton Coast (Oregon Files, #4)
  • Plague Ship (Oregon Files, #5)
  • Corsair (Oregon Files, #6)
  • The Silent Sea (Oregon Files, #7)
  • The Jungle (Oregon Files, #8)
  • Mirage (Oregon Files, #9)
  • Piranha (Oregon Files, #10)
“well” 0 likes
“However, he hadn’t been this close to an agent from the MSS, China’s intelligence organization, since his CIA cover had been blown and he was forced to escape back to the United States. As a wanted fugitive, he’d been sentenced to death in absentia, with his face well known to China’s authorities. If Zhong Lin even suspected who he was, he would be whisked out of Vietnam in shackles to Beijing for a swift execution. His current disguise was meant to prevent that from happening. The real David Yao was a member of the Ghost Dragon triad, one of Taiwan’s most notorious gangs. Yao was suspected of being responsible for numerous extortion, racketeering, and murder plots, but his mutilated body had been found floating” 0 likes