Start by marking “Digging for Trouble (Devlin Quick Mysteries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Digging for Trouble (Devlin Quick Mysteries, #2)

Digging for Trouble

(Devlin Quick Mysteries #2)

Twelve-year-old supersleuth Devlin Quick heads to Montana to dig out dinosaur bones, but instead she uncovers a mystery.

After successfully apprehending a map thief at the beginning of summer, Dev is going to spend the second half of her summer vacation in Montana with her best friend, Katie, exploring the outdoors and NOT getting into trouble. But after participatin
Published November 7th 2017 by Dial Books

Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Devlin and Katie are off to Montana to help dig out some dinosaur bones. When Katie makes a huge discovery, it was suppose to be a big thing. But something isn’t right when the fossils the girls dig up gets switched up for rocks. Soon Devlin and Katie cannot help but feel that something else is going on in the Badlands, and the mystery takes the two girls back to Manhattan and the Museum of Natural History.

This was such a pleasant read. I enjoy the writing, the writing was really wel
Rashika (is tired)
Devlin Quick is back this year with a whole new mystery to solve and it involves dinosaurs this time. What I appreciate so much about these books are how much fun they are to read. I love how they are great ways to learn things but at the same time, don't assume their readers are dumb. I love Devlin Quick and I love how she is such an intelligent heroine. I am honestly just a fan because these books are so reminiscent (in the best way possible) of the Chasing Vermeer books which were my fav in middle school.
Chasing
Lois
Jun 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-finished
This author used to be a prosecutor in NY. She was a part of pushing for charges against The Central Park Five.
She still insists they are guilty after the city had to pay them $41 million dollars for malicious and wrongful prosecution.
This author is a nasty racist bitch and doesn't deserve to have a publishing contract.

Markina Wilkerson
Jun 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Hello kids if you want a good read/ or to watch a docu-series about this author look up on YouTube, Netflix, PBS, anywhere about the Central Park five. Let us know what you think about it, it's very interesting.

Somehow she seemed to have left this story out of her line of books! Like she doesn't want to write about it I wonder why!?!
Raquel Bruce
Jun 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
takes one to know one. Linda Fairstein is a psychopath, a liar a poor excuse for a human being. She put 5 innocent children in prison because they were black and she thought she was above the law. Their lives did not matter to her. She is a sorry excuse for a lawyer and a writer and no one should buy her stupid books. She came to fame on the broken lives of 5 black boys and their families! Shame on you Linda! #Centralpark5
Whentheyseeus
Jun 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Time to get @LindaFairstein ignorant ass out of here too. A pompous racist and a callous, soulless, moral compass lacking manipulator of justice. How dare you write crime novels when you have knowingly committed a crime and lied in the court of law. You are pathetic & karma will meet you despite how you think you are invincible. #WhenTheySeeUs we see you!
Vanessa
Jun 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Central Park Five
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Digging for Trouble by Linda Fairstein, 331 pages. Dial (Penguin), 2017. $17.

Language: G; Mature Content: G; Violence: PG

BUYING ADVISORY: EL - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Devlin and Katie are spending two weeks on a ranch in Montana digging for fossils. They are volunteering with a group of college students hoping to find something exciting. The day before they leave, much to Katie’s surprise, she unearths what may possibly be bones from a foo
Meli
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This great book is about young Devlin Quick, and her friends Katie and Booker and an awesome Dinosaur fossil mystery. when we first start the book, Katie and Dev are on a trip in the badlands of Montana, on a dinosaur expedition for digging up fossils. But soon notice that weird things start to happen, Katie finds dinosaur fossils that are mysterious exchange for fakes. Then Dev finds tire tracks on the road like someone has been at the dig site stealing.Eventually, the girls end up going back t ...more
Stewart Madden
How can you support/carry the books of this despicable person of an author Linda Fairstein. She is a corrupt ex NYC prosecutor who took away 5 teenage boys lives away from them allowing her detectives to interrogate these boys and coerced them into making false statements about a rape they had nothing to do with. The 5 boys were convicted of a crime they never admitted to nor never took a plea deal for. They presumed there innocence until the real rapists came forward. DNA testing proved who the ...more
Linda
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall, this was a good mystery that was well written and I was intrigued with all the knowledge about archaeology digs and dinosaurs. The story begins in Montana where Devlin and her friend Katie are amateurs with a group of archeologists and continues to New York City. It's convenient that her mother is the Police Commissioner and her friend Booker's mother is an orthopedic surgeon and that they can get help (sneakily) from both quarters. It's fast-paced and fun to read and at the end has dan ...more
Sharon Gallup
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
do you remember when you read The hardy boys mystery or Nancy Drew mysteries. well this book is today's youth reading. (The Devlin Quick mysteries) Even for my age i found the story spell bound and I would recommend this to any person age 8-16 who loves mystery's. A few youths go to Montana to work with a group of fossil diggers looking for Dinosaur bones. One of the youths find a nest of dino eggs and bones but the leaders of the group make them disappear. One of the girls (whose mother is in t ...more
Anna Mcfadden
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Lucia
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I think this book was fairly good. Once again, the least suspected person was the culprit (or the person that only Delvin and her friend think it is). I think this was okay. I enjoyed the mystery, but I didn't like Katie. She isn't the nicest character sometimes, and has some weird character traits and/or actions. I think the book in all is pretty good though. I like the plot weirdness at the end and I think it was pretty exciting.
Elizabeth
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fun, new-york
2nd quick cute middle grade mystery set in NYC.
Biggest fiction-quickly walking into the Museum of Natural History! On a Friday afternoon in Oct the line was about an hour long and Dev walked in whenever she wanted in the middle of summer.
That aside, good mystery and fun to re-visit the museum and other NYC sites. The dialog is a little cheesy and forced.
Michelle
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I really enjoy the Devlin Quick mysteries. They remind me of my favorite books from my childhood: Trixie Belden, The Happy Hollisters, the Hardy Boys, and Nancy Drew. This second mystery of the series takes Devlin from a paleontology dig in Montana to the halls of the Natural History Museum in New York. Of course, Devlin solves the mystery and catches the bad guys.
Karla Osorno
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, fiction
Recently our family saw the author interviewed and we were intrigued to read her work - especially this series for our young daughter. Impressed - this had great writing, story, and series to share with her. Definitely makes me want to visit a few new places when we next visit New York.
Bonnie
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book, part of the Devlin Quick Mysteries series, is an excellent mystery read for those young mystery lover readers. It's listed for those aged 8-12. This one involves dinosaur bones and a digging this young, smart, resourceful girl participated in and discovers some crooked individuals.
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, mysteries
Great middle-grade mystery series set in NYC (and other environs, per plotline).
Carole
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-books-read
Devin goes on vacation with her best friend; the highlight of the trip is getting to go on an archeological dig. This dig also ends up as Devlin's latest investigation, much to her personal peril.
Jill Berry
Quick moving adventure mystery. It seems unrealistic that Dev has the advantages of having her mother be police commissioner for New York City and the mother of her friend Booker being an osteopathic physician which gives the kids access to CT scans.
Margey
Oct 14, 2019
Debbie Karimullah
Feb 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Diadem of Death (Nefertari Hughes Mystery, #2)
  • Sherlock Holmes And The Horror of Frankenstein
  • Caterpillar to Butterfly
  • The Mystery of the Missing Heiress (Skylar Robbins #3)
  • Brilliance of the Moon, Episode 1: Battle for Maruyama (Tales of the Otori, #3 Ep. 1)
  • Mystery in Mayan Mexico (Eddie Red Undercover #2)
  • Bloodlust
  • Destination: Murder: A Travelogue of Cozy Mysteries
  • Peppermint Cocoa Crushes: A Swirl Novel
  • Rite of Conquest (William the Conqueror, #1)
  • The Best Christmas Present in the World
  • King Arthur's Daughter
  • Firestorm (Dinotopia, #7)
  • Peril in the Palace (Imagination Station, #3)
  • House of the Star
  • I Wrote You a Note
  • There Are No Bears in This Bakery
  • Hannah's Winter
Linda Fairstein (born 1947) is one of America's foremost legal experts on crimes of violence against women and children. She served as head of the sex crimes unit of the Manhattan District Attorney's office from 1976 until 2002 and is the author of a series of novels featuring Manhattan prosecutor Alexandra Cooper.

Like Fairstein, Alex ('Coop') Cooper is in charge of the Special Victims Unit of th

Devlin Quick Mysteries (3 books)
  • Into the Lion's Den (Devlin Quick Mysteries, #1)
  • Secrets from the Deep (Devlin Quick Mysteries, #3)