Start by marking “Illegal Contact (The Barons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Illegal Contact (The Barons, #1)

Illegal Contact (The Barons #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  3,675 Ratings  ·  855 Reviews
The rules of the game don’t apply off the field in this first Barons novel.

New York Barons tight end Gavin Brawley is suspended from the team and on house arrest after a video of him brawling goes viral. Gavin already has a reputation as a jerk with a temper on and off the field—which doesn’t help him once he finds himself on the wrong side of the law. And while he’s been
Published August 15th 2017 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Illegal Contact, please sign up.
Hannah exact same thing happened to me! I heard that he was thinking of writing more for the series and i hope he does. I couldnt read another book for a…moreexact same thing happened to me! I heard that he was thinking of writing more for the series and i hope he does. I couldnt read another book for a while after In the company of shadows. it was just too good. i was completely absorbed(less)
Ezrin Apparenly he is a she who's been catfishing. Lying about his/her life and getting money from fans based on the lie? Also used stories based on real…moreApparenly he is a she who's been catfishing. Lying about his/her life and getting money from fans based on the lie? Also used stories based on real people he catfished online (in fact Noah is a real person who came forward about it and Strong Signal is a lot like his story with Santino. Also Gavin is real Noah's cousin's name).

I like Santino Hassell's stories though. But if you do have a problem with him/her and what he/she had done and have bought his/her books on Amazon, you can get a refund. Someone got a refund on all of the books from this author. (less)

~Mindy Lynn~
IT'S LIVE!!! PICK THIS ONE UP TODAY DOLLS!! 8/15/17
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm a sucker for a MM sport book. Especially a Football one since that is my sport of choice. There wasn't much actual playing going on, but I didn't mind. I like the idea of a big hot Football players getting dirty with another attractive guy just as much and SH surely delivered that.

#ThatBrawleySmile

Gavin is a NFL player who has recently got himself in quite a bit of trouble when he is caught on film h
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
I don't support this kind of "brand"
Didn't think I was gonna need a Shame-Shame-Shame shelf, but here goes.
Don't know what I'm talking about?

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5 Clark Kent Stars

I loved this!!!!
 photo fanning_zpsuqvejd3b.gif

Gavin is on a downward spiral. He is a famous footballer who plays tight end (pun intended) in a NFL team, the problem is he has major anger management issues that see him get arrested for sticking up for his best friend and team mate Simeon.

Gavin is suspended from playing football for the season and put on house arrest for six months. All his 'issues' seem to stem from his shitty upbringing, and I admit Gavin comes across as a complete nob at first.
"So don'
Shile loves books
Rating removed

*******************************************

***********************************************
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
*In the light of recent events, I've removed my star rating for this book.*

.Lili.
Rating removed.

Original review under spoiler. (view spoiler)
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

“I’m your boss. You’re my assistant. We’re not anything else.”

Gavin Brawley is one of the NFL’s biggest players, and after an assault charge he’s been confined to his home for six months, monitored by an ankle bracelet. Being benched means Gavin needs to hire an assistant to manage his entire life, something he’s not exactly happy about.

Noah Monroe is in desperate need of a job, after him and his father lost theirs they need to make ends meet. The last thing Noah wants is to be a
Jaime
May 30, 2017 marked it as no-no-cuz-reasons
Review and rating removed
Virginia Books
Rating removed because of this:

Original review:

I am still delighted. I just finished Illegal Contact and the magnificence of what I have read and the way I felt reading it is unbelievable.

I know this story won't work the same for everyone. I mean, Im using the word "delighted" here... and I know reading is a very subjective thing. Each one of us has different tastes and, fortunately, a lot of books to choose. But, for this reader, Illegal Contact was an am
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
In the light of recent events I removed my rating.

Jan
Mar 09, 2018 marked it as bad-shameful-behavior
This is heartbreaking.
I don’t really know what to say. 💔

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 AMAZING stars

I have read before books from Santino Hassell but this is my first from him alone and I can't help myself from being blown away by his beautiful writing and awesome characters!Illegal Contact is a story of passion, tension,slow burn and temptation. It has everything I wanted in a story, amazing plot,slow burn,super hot and sweet romance.

description

Another thing that I loved about this story is the fact that the characters felt realistic! Gavin and Noah's relationship is complex, both of the
Sarina Bowen
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, sports
Loved it! So honored to get an early copy. Bring me more Barons!
Wendy
Release day 8/15 !!!!!

4-and-a-half-stars.png (716×127):

I am a sucker for geeks, jocks and sports themed books, so I just knew this one was gonna be a big hit for me.....and since I am always right...

tumblr_mnd6qy7oLR1rc2i08o1_500.gif (500×210)

I loved the story, the MC's and the sidecharacters !!

Gavin Brawley is a famous football player...a tight end to be precise. He is also snarky, growly and has some anger management issues. These issues are actually the reason for him being on house arrest with an ankle bracelet, for the next 6 months.

Since Gavin is not real good at t
Sophia Triad
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Sorry. I’m not usually this sarcastic when talking to potential employers.”
“You should probably work on that. My fuse is short and burns fast.”
“So I’ve heard.”
Gavin pointed at me. “You did it again.”
“What?”
“Were a smartass.”

Gavin Brawley is the star of New York Barons, but he if truth be told he needs to have some anger management lessons. When he is pissed, he is ready to kill. Nobody can really control him and one day a videoclip of him beating up someone goes viral on the internet.
The
Dia
5 BIG stars

Reread in January 2018 and loved it even more than the first time! Amazing book, amazing characters, great banter and delicious hot scenes! Highly recommend!

I never thought I would ADORE a football romance but it's Santino Hassell so of course it was absolutely fabulous!!!

It's been a couple of months since I've read this book, but only now I realized I haven't wrote its review. I was in vacation at the time. Well there are some things I still want to mention because it's one of my
Eliza
Rating removed in view of events that have come to light.

J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5 Stars!

Sometimes, when I'm having a really shitty day and I want to feel even worse about myself, I'll go on NetGalley and request books I'll likely never be approved for. *insert Illegal Contact*

So imagine my surprise when I got an e-mail saying I was approved for this one.

Merry. Freakin'. Christmas. To. Me. And THANK YOU Berkley Publishing Group.

What could be better than a new Santino Hassell book (that's not paranormal :))....well duh, a Santino Hassell book about football!

I found this b
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐4.5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I don’t even like football—or sports for that matter, yet here I am professing my indisputable love for Illegal Contact, a story about a football player behaving badly butting heads with his new snarky PA.
The main reason behind my sudden reversal lies in the cleverness in which Santino Hassell fleshes out his characters. An author I’ve only discovered recently through his collaboration with Megan Erickson (Cyberlove series) and became instantly addicted to.
There was somethi
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Welp who has 2 thumbs and is now EXTREMELY SEXUALLY FRUSTRATED? This guy. It me. 🤦🏼♀ ...more
Avon Gale
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review to come but basically this is PERFECT
Alisa
“Review deleted because the author may have have misrepresented themselves as ownvoices and accepted cash gifts from fans under potentially false pretenses.”

statement from publisher
Jenn
3.5

This is sort of a hard rating and review to determine because I’m on the fence in a few areas. The book focuses on Gavin Brawley who is a NFL football player for The Barons sidelined and put on house arrest for a videotaped brawl. Needing help with his day-to-day tasks his manager suggests an assistant, which leads us to Noah. Noah has lost his job after personal and work issues, and now he additionally feels responsible for caring for his father, who is unemployed as well.

This is a down on
4.5 Stars

I loved the dick out of this book. Santino quickly wiggled his way into my heart this year, and so when I had the opportunity to get my grabby hands on this book, I did not hesitate.

à la Mode St. » fashion

There had been a moment, as we’d stood facing each other, when I’d wondered how long it would take to fuck the insolence out of him. Nothing turned me on more than a person who wasn’t afraid to stand up to me.

à la Mode St. » fashion

Gavin. Sexy, Brooding Football Player. I don’t even remember which position he plays, but does i
Santino Hassell was raised by a conservative family but grew up to be a smart-mouthed, school cutting grunge kid, a transient twenty-something, and eventually transformed into a grumpy introvert and unlikely romance author with an affinity for baseball caps. His novels are heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, and his desire to write relationships fueled by intensity ...more
More about Santino Hassell

The Barons (2 books)
  • Down by Contact (The Barons, #2)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“Can I put the tip in?
~ Gavin, Illegal Contact”
1 likes
“Um, uh—yes. This is he. I mean me. I’m him.” Oh fuck. “Is this . . .” “You know who I am.” And just like that, my bitch mode turned on again. “Sorry, I’m not sure who this is. Can you give me your name?” A long, low exhale sounded through the phone. “It’s Gavin Brawley. I’ve been calling you for days. This is my last attempt.” “Really?” Gavin was starting to sound annoyed. “Is this how you act when trying to get a job?” “No, not usually. But I figured I’d screwed up and there was no way Mr. Carmichael would ever hire me.” “First off, I’m hiring you. Not him. I wanted you. Not him.” 0 likes