Start by marking “Illegal Contact (The Barons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Illegal Contact (The Barons, #1)

Illegal Contact

(The Barons #1)

The rules of the game don’t apply off the field in this first Barons novel.

New York Barons tight end Gavin Brawley is suspended from the team and on house arrest after a video of him brawling goes viral. Gavin already has a reputation as a jerk with a temper on and off the field—which doesn’t help him once he finds himself on the wrong side of the law. And while he’s been
Published August 15th 2017 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Illegal Contact, please sign up.
Hannah exact same thing happened to me! I heard that he was thinking of writing more for the series and i hope he does. I couldnt read another book for a whi…moreexact same thing happened to me! I heard that he was thinking of writing more for the series and i hope he does. I couldnt read another book for a while after In the company of shadows. it was just too good. i was completely absorbed(less)
Ezrin Apparenly he is a she who's been catfishing. Lying about his/her life and getting money from fans based on the lie? Also used stories based on real pe…moreApparenly he is a she who's been catfishing. Lying about his/her life and getting money from fans based on the lie? Also used stories based on real people he catfished online (in fact Noah is a real person who came forward about it and Strong Signal is a lot like his story with Santino. Also Gavin is real Noah's cousin's name).

I like Santino Hassell's stories though. But if you do have a problem with him/her and what he/she had done and have bought his/her books on Amazon, you can get a refund. Someone got a refund on all of the books from this author. (less)

Start your review of Illegal Contact (The Barons, #1)
~Mindy Lynn~
IT'S LIVE!!! PICK THIS ONE UP TODAY DOLLS!! 8/15/17
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm a sucker for a MM sport book. Especially a Football one since that is my sport of choice. There wasn't much actual playing going on, but I didn't mind. I like the idea of a big hot Football players getting dirty with another attractive guy just as much and SH surely delivered that.

#ThatBrawleySmile

Gavin is a NFL player who has recently got himself in quite a bit of trouble when he is caught on film h
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
I don't support this kind of "brand"
Didn't think I was gonna need a Shame-Shame-Shame shelf, but here goes.
Don't know what I'm talking about?

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5 Clark Kent Stars

I loved this!!!!
 photo fanning_zpsuqvejd3b.gif

Gavin is on a downward spiral. He is a famous footballer who plays tight end (pun intended) in a NFL team, the problem is he has major anger management issues that see him get arrested for sticking up for his best friend and team mate Simeon.

Gavin is suspended from playing football for the season and put on house arrest for six months. All his 'issues' seem to stem from his shitty upbringing, and I admit Gavin comes across as a complete nob at first.
Shile
Rating removed

*******************************************

***********************************************
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
*In the light of recent events, I've removed my star rating for this book.*

Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

“I’m your boss. You’re my assistant. We’re not anything else.”

Gavin Brawley is one of the NFL’s biggest players, and after an assault charge he’s been confined to his home for six months, monitored by an ankle bracelet. Being benched means Gavin needs to hire an assistant to manage his entire life, something he’s not exactly happy about.

Noah Monroe is in desperate need of a job, after him and his father lost theirs they need to make ends meet. The last thing Noah wants is to be a
Virginia Cavanillas
Rating removed because of this:

Original review:

I am still delighted. I just finished Illegal Contact and the magnificence of what I have read and the way I felt reading it is unbelievable.

I know this story won't work the same for everyone. I mean, I´m using the word "delighted" here... and I know reading is a very subjective thing. Each one of us has different tastes and, fortunately, a lot of books to choose. But, for this reader, Illegal Contact was an a
Jaime
May 30, 2017 marked it as no-no-cuz-reasons
Review and rating removed
.Lili.
Rating removed.

Original review under spoiler. (view spoiler)
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
In the light of recent events I removed my rating.

(view spoiler)
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 AMAZING stars

I have read before books from Santino Hassell but this is my first from him alone and I can't help myself from being blown away by his beautiful writing and awesome characters!Illegal Contact is a story of passion, tension,slow burn and temptation. It has everything I wanted in a story, amazing plot,slow burn,super hot and sweet romance.

description

Another thing that I loved about this story is the fact that the characters felt realistic! Gavin and Noah's relationship is complex, both of the
Jan
Mar 09, 2018 marked it as hell-to-the-no
This is heartbreaking.
I don’t really know what to say. 💔

Wendy
Release day 8/15 !!!!!

4-and-a-half-stars.png (716×127):

I am a sucker for geeks, jocks and sports themed books, so I just knew this one was gonna be a big hit for me.....and since I am always right...

tumblr_mnd6qy7oLR1rc2i08o1_500.gif (500×210)

I loved the story, the MC's and the sidecharacters !!

Gavin Brawley is a famous football player...a tight end to be precise. He is also snarky, growly and has some anger management issues. These issues are actually the reason for him being on house arrest with an ankle bracelet, for the next 6 months.

Since Gavin is not real good at t
Sophia Triad
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Sorry. I’m not usually this sarcastic when talking to potential employers.”
“You should probably work on that. My fuse is short and burns fast.”
“So I’ve heard.”
Gavin pointed at me. “You did it again.”
“What?”
“Were a smartass.”

Gavin Brawley is the star of New York Barons, but he if truth be told he needs to have some anger management lessons. When he is pissed, he is ready to kill. Nobody can really control him and one day a videoclip of him beating up someone goes viral on the intern
Dia
5 BIG stars

Reread in January 2018 and loved it even more than the first time! Amazing book, amazing characters, great banter and delicious hot scenes! Highly recommend!

I never thought I would ADORE a football romance but it's Santino Hassell so of course it was absolutely fabulous!!!

It's been a couple of months since I've read this book, but only now I realized I haven't wrote its review. I was in vacation at the time. Well there are some things I still want to mention because it's one o
Eliza
Rating removed in view of events that have come to light.

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Sometimes, when I'm having a really shitty day and I want to feel even worse about myself, I'll go on NetGalley and request books I'll likely never be approved for. *insert Illegal Contact*

So imagine my surprise when I got an e-mail saying I was approved for this one.

Merry. Freakin'. Christmas. To. Me. And THANK YOU Berkley Publishing Group.

What could be better than a new Santino Hassell book (that's not paranormal :))....well duh, a Santino Hassell book about football!

I found this b
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Welp who has 2 thumbs and is now EXTREMELY SEXUALLY FRUSTRATED? This guy. It me. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️4.5 STARS⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I don’t even like football—or sports for that matter, yet here I am professing my indisputable love for Illegal Contact, a story about a football player behaving badly butting heads with his new snarky PA.
The main reason behind my sudden reversal lies in the cleverness in which Santino Hassell fleshes out his characters. An author I’ve only discovered recently through his collaboration with Megan Erickson (Cyberlove series) and became instantly addicted to.
The
Alisa
“Review deleted because the author may have have misrepresented themselves as ownvoices and accepted cash gifts from fans under potentially false pretenses.”

statement from publisher
Kaje Harper
I am pulling reviews and ratings of the books by this author, due to well-documented evidence of catfishing and abusive behavior toward members of the M/M community - I refer you to Riptide Publishing's statement - http://riptidepublishing.com/a-statem... ...more
Ariana
Review and rating removed.
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, sports, coup-de-coeur, m-m
New Favorite Alert!!! Illegal Contact was everything I needed and more! When I heard some of my book friends talking about it I knew I had to read it too. Who's to resist when you know Gavin is an moody NFL player forced to stay at home for the next six months making him hiring a PA that he loves to hate!?

description

“But what if you ask to kiss me?”
“That’s not going to happen.”
“We’ll see.”

I loved every part of this book. The characters, the love/hate banter, the slow burn and of course the level of steam
CrabbyPatty
When football is your salvation and your entire life revolves around football ... being on house arrest during football season is hell. Gavin Brawley is not your cordial congenial football "personality" who makes nice with broadcasters and fans. ("My personality was enough to detract from my looks, and always had...") He's brutal and focused on the field, fiercely loyal to his football family and everything else is a distant second. Yup, he's an asshat but damn it, he's overcome a lot of serious ...more

• Mature Content (Cyberlove, #4)
  • Fast Connection (Cyberlove, #2)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Strong Signal (Cyberlove, #1)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Hard Wired (Cyberlove, #3)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Empty Net (Scoring Chances, #4)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Power Play (Scoring Chances, #3)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Strong Side (Eastshore Tigers, #1)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)
  • Kage (Kage Trilogy, #1)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Collide (Blackcreek, #1)
Santino Hassell was raised by a conservative family but grew up to be a smart-mouthed, school cutting grunge kid, a transient twenty-something, and eventually transformed into a grumpy introvert and unlikely romance author with an affinity for baseball caps. His novels are heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, and his desire to write relationships fueled by intensity ...more

The Barons (2 books)
  • Down by Contact (The Barons, #2)