Start by marking “Seduced by the Sea Lord (Lords of Atlantis, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seduced by the Sea Lord (Lords of Atlantis, #1)

Seduced by the Sea Lord

(Lords of Atlantis #1)

Hot mermen are coming! These tattooed shifters are climbing out of the secret depths to claim their soul mates and save their race.

Determined warlord Torun cannot wait to claim lush captain Lucy, who mistook him for a shipwreck survivor and pulled his injured body from the ocean. All his instincts tell him she is his soul mate. Now she must join with him and give him a chi
ebook
Published May 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Seduced by the Sea Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seduced by the Sea Lord

Start your review of Seduced by the Sea Lord (Lords of Atlantis, #1)
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

Seduced by the Sea Lord was a unique, refreshing, and different read. I’ve not had the pleasure of read Ms. Night nor have I picked up a merman book before. Both the author and concept where new to me.

Hot Sexy Warrior Mermen. Oh My!!

The start was good, but a little slow. It took some time for me to get into the book. As for the characters they aren’t overly complicated. Ms. Night does a good job of explaining her mermen, throwing in a little about Atlantis and what it once was, and how the counc
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Hmm. This was new. Never read a merman before.

While the plot was interesting enough, the writing and the world-building could definitely use some work. It was a little confusing cause I can't decide whether the underwater world is supposed to be all high tech like from Aquaman or like a caveman tribal behind the times version and that's just one of the inconsistencies.

But I also realize that in books like these, the first book is either the strongest-the world building at it's highest from the g
CC
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it

so...hmmm...it was a little hard to get into and I can't say mermen are my jam. But I enjoyed it's uniqueness.

Coco.V
Feb 02, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/2/2018)! 💝
Lacey
I'm sorry, I just can't take this book even a little bit seriously...
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

This AMAZINGLY FRESH, UNIQUE, FAIRY-TALE LIKE ROMANCE IS A TRUE WINNER! I am utterly and completely infatuated with these mermen! My favorite Disney movie growing up was The Little Mermaid and to have such a story that puts a unique twist on such a classic perked me right up, but what I got was something even MORE special. To say Torun is one of a kind merman and hero is putting it lightly. He AMAZED me with his loyalty and protectiveness, his caring, and his lo
Ana
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Down by the Sea......

Lucy has reached rock bottom after her ex-husband cheated her out of everything, she is reduced to operating what used to be a lucrative business to a rinky tink boat that is forever spewing oil. But Lucy hasn't lost her spirit to travel the waters and fish in the hopes of maybe getting lucky again. When she hooks a body on her anchor, her rescuing instincts come to the forefront, not knowing that she is the one that's going to be rescued not from drowning either.

Torun dares
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

I tried to get into this book. It was real good in the beginning but then it stalled out for me. It almost seemed as if the author was just getting lazy as the story went on and tried to tie up the loose ends without the detail that was used in the first half. It was rushed and unpolished.

Also, there were some disprecancies in the timeline. When they came back to the surface and her ex said she had been declared dead and they had her funeral last week.? Co
 Diana Davis
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Seduced by the Sea Lord (Lords of Atlantis Book 1) Kindle Edition
by Starla Night
I received a copy directly from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Seduced by the Sea Lord is a sweet paranormal romance that rides just below the boiling point, focusing more on the mythology and the rebuilding of the heroine's, Lucy, well being and confidence. Lucy is a deep sea diver, a sort of wet suited Lara Croft. After her greatest find, a large Sea Opal, her husband takes off with the Opal. There ar
Ronda  Tutt
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Series - I just cant get enough. After reading these 4 stories, I'm an addicting fan. I look forward to the next installments. It's a given that I love mermaid stories but these stories have a built history behind them from not only the previous books but the author gives a insight to their past that is just heart breaking and in her stories they get redemption in their soul searching truth with their true mates.

Hot Books!
Sarah Justi
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book. The plot was good the characters were alright. I loved the guardians! They were my favorite part of the whole book. It started out a bit slow and by the end something just didn't sit right.
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
An okay read, I would say. It started out good but as the story nears the middle, my interest sorts of fizzles out. So I had to reduce my rating to a two.

P.S. The Hero referring to his future baby as a young fry cracks me up every single time.
Angie Peoples
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was a fresh spin on a nautical paranormal merman meets human lady romance. This book had mystery, suspense, action, love, romance, and so much more. I can't wait to read more of the series.
Judy Lewis
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
FRESH, UNIQUE, & OH SO DELIGHTFUL !!!
Title: Seduced by the Sea Lord
Series: Lords of Atlantis
Author: Stara Night
Designation: Full-Length Standalone, NO Cliffhanger
Reading Platform: Kindle Edition
My Rating: Four Delightfully Entertaining Stars****
This was my first time reading the work of Starla Night but I can truthfully say, it won't be my last! I saw this featured as a recommendation in a newsletter from one of my favorite authors and was immediately drawn to the cover so I decided to check it
Rachel Smith
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
The beginning started off a little rocky for me, and read very rushed for me. Once the story got under the sea and into Torun's world, it started gelling just right for me.

The mer world is incredible! I can't wait to explore it more in the rest of the series.
Adrienh1
I’m still on the fence with this series. I’ll have to read the next book to decide how much I really like it.
Tricia
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I had never read or listened to a story about a Merman when I read this book but admit that I have now read the whole series. This one does hold a place in my heart because of Lucy who I found particularly easy to relate to because she like a lot of women has insecurities about her body, particularly as her ex-husband made her feel like a failure because of her inability to have a child.

This story starts with Lucy finding the body of a man tangeled in an anchor's rope whilst she is on a dive, s
Amber Daulton
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Lucy is divorced, broke, and her now-ex husband stole her major archeological find a few years ago. To redeem herself, she’s searching for more Sea Opals off the coast of Cancun and finds a body instead. After she drags the sexy dark-haired man on her small ship, he wakes up and sets out to seduce her.
Torun is in search for a human bride but the mer people have very strict rules about what type of woman is appropriate. After two fellow mer warriors leave him for dead, he finds himself on a human
Angela Charles
I love paranormal books. It can be witches, vampires, dragons, shifters, merpeople, etc. it doesn't matter what the category is I enjoy paranormal. Whenever I find an author who writes paranormal they automatically get a 2 point star just because it takes a lot of imagination and it takes a lot of focus to write a paranormal romance book.

This book started off really annoying to me. My 2 star rating was slowly turning into a 1 star very quickly. Lucy drove me nuts. From their very first encounte
 B. Sinsational
This is NOT like a dime a dozen book. It felt fresh, intriguing (yes it has a good plot as well), charming and it is most definitely greatly entertaining. It brings to mind tales of the old where there is always a pearl of wisdom and truth that can be drawn from it (it offers a whole collier of them in the most generously caring manner). Inside you even find a witty and fast dialogue (LOVE IT!), hunky mermen (OH-LALALA!!), x-rated scenes , lovable characters, and a tale spun in a very gorgeous m ...more
CV
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Lucy Shaw is on a quest to find another Sea Opal. The first one was taken by her now ex-husband, Blake. Torun is a Warlord of Sireno. Lucy found him unconscious under the water thinking he was a dead man. She hauls him up to her boat and discovers he’s alive. The first thing he does after waking is to try and claim Lucy as his bride.

I liked the story and I am interested in reading what comes next in this series. There were some parts in the story that were a little hard to understand, but you ge
Tam
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Treasure From The Depths!

I wasn't sure I was going to like this angle on a shifter novel, as I feel that the shape shifting genre has gotten a little out of hand and kind of "jumped the shark". (The other day, I saw a blurb for a SNAKE shifter! Ugh!) But, this take on a Mer-shifter (Merman) came off as a completely believable shifter scenario/character. The plot was new, fresh, full of romance and sprinkled with bits of humor throughout.

I especially identified with Lucy, as I have body image
Marythios (AkaSusanne )

Torun dares to defy his people b
Amy Hannagan
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lucy is at an all time personal low. She is deeply in debt, her husband just divorced her because she can't have children and she has gained a lot of weight. She has one final hope to pull her life out of the toilet. She is going to run another expedition to secure rare Sea Opals. While on the water of the shore of Cancun, she finds the injured body of a man tangled in her anchor chain. She frees him and hauls his body onto the boat. To her surprise, he is still breathing. And what a man he is! ...more
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Repetitive, unrealistic and lacking chemistry

Throughout the whole book all we here from Lucy is that she is fat and can’t have children so she can’t be with the merman guy. She tells him she can’t give him what he wants, then he beats his chest and tells her she is his and of course she will have his children. Or “fry”, as he calls them, which was off putting. It just got really old. And nobody makes a big deal of this guy getting pulled out of the water and claiming he is going to make her his
McReadsALot
So I started with this one on KU, but I actually grabbed the set of the first 4 books so I'm in the middle of the second, and I'm having a lot of fun with them. :)

So, the basic premise is that mermen have, historically, bargained great big sea opals (see also, droplets of sap from their sacred underwater life trees) for a bride with super secret islanders. Unfortunately, the modern world has these islands ending up abandoned and the mermen are having a population decline.
H is going against the
Monika
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was unlike any I have ever read. The world Ms. Night created is a fantastic fantasy. I loved the description of the ocean creatures and the secret city of the mermen. So real. So detailed. I felt like being there myself. The characters are interesting and the mermen really, really hot. There is a lot to laugh out loud. There is also a lot of explicit sex. I liked this book very much and would have given it five stars if we had gotten a full closure. Unfortunately, we still don't know i ...more
Jen Winters
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well worth every star

This is not an action packed adventure under the sea, and I'm sure the descriptions were beautiful but I'm a skimmer. What made this one hit my happy buttons? Well, possible spoilers ahead...
1. Lucy was sooooooo normal! Like fiercely normal. I loved it! She was not TSTL and she didn't just do stupid stuff masked as 'bravery'. No, she respected the dangers and met them as she could.
2. Torun was perfectly strange for a mer man, the perfect combination of weird and attractive.
Deborah Carter
This was a fun read. The hero, Torun, is a merman looking to save his people. The heroine, Lucy, is expedition looking for Sea Opals. Torun is tangled in her anchor chain. She believes that he is dead. Lucy gets Torun up top and he recovers. He claims her as his and gives her a Sea Opal. He tells her about his people and she agrees to help. He is willing to show her where the Sea Opals can be found. There is an ex-husband, friends, villains, Mr.Huggles and Lassie. There is romance, humor, action ...more
Petula
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucy Shaw is trying to rebuild her life after her divorce. Her husband took everything and left her after she could not give him children. Now she is back with her true love, the sea. What treasure will she find this time??.
Torun, Warlord of Sireno is classes as a traitor to his own kind because he thinks they should look for brides from amongst the humans.
What is the true treasure to be found under the sea? Is it the sea opals or the Mer Warriors?.
A lovely story unlike anything I have read b
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Beta Reader Group: Steamy PNR like TS Joyce and Celia Kyle 1 8 Feb 20, 2017 11:58PM

• Claimed by the Alien Warrior King (The Vada Wars, #1)
  • Alien Mate
  • Lin's Challenge (Intergalactic Officers #1)
  • The Monarch's Mate (House Of Kaimar, #2)
  • Thorn (Bears of Burden, #1)
  • Demanded by the Alien (Rebels of Sidyth, #4)
  • Desired by the Alien (Rebels of Sidyth, #5)
  • Dragon Meets Girl (Forgotten Dragons, #2)
  • Dragon's Baby (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #1)
  • Hunger (Hordesmen, #1)
  • Dragon in Love (Forgotten Dragons, #5)
  • Taken for Granite (Khargals of Duras, #6)
  • Not So Little Green Man (Vialea, #1; Celestial Mates)
  • Rayzor's One (Alien Bounty Hunters #1)
  • Claimed (Fated Mates of the Kalixian Warriors, #1)
  • Wildfire Unicorn (Fire & Rescue Shifters: Wildfire Crew #2)
  • Cherished Mate (Cybermates, #1)
  • The Dragon Queen’s Harem (The Cursed Dragon Queen And Her Mates, #2)
Starla Night was born on a hot July at midnight. She hikes, scuba dives, and swims naked in the ocean. She writes about smoking-hot dragon-shifter billionaires and steamy alpha merman-shifters at StarlaNight.com.

Lords of Atlantis (8 books)
  • Sacrificed to the Sea Lord (Lords of Atlantis, #2)
  • Enslaved by the Sea Lord (Lords of Atlantis #3)
  • Stolen by the Sea Lord (Lords of Atlantis #4)
  • Surrendering To The Sea Lord (Lords Of Atlantis 5)
  • Secrets of the Sea Lord (Lords of Atlantis #6)
  • Spellbound by the Sea Lord (Lords of Atlantis, #7)
  • Shattered by the Sea Lord (Lords of Atlantis Book 8)

News & Interviews