Start by marking “A Broken Soul (The Pembrooke Series Book 3)” as Want to Read:
A Broken Soul (The Pembrooke Series Book 3)

A Broken Soul

(The Pembrooke #3)

He’s terrified of loving her.

Quinn Mallick already had his happily-ever-after, and in the blink of an eye it was ripped away from him. Now he’s content to walk through the rest of his life carrying the weight of that guilt on his shoulders. He’s convinced he doesn’t deserve a second chance. But when the town’s beautiful dance teacher turns her sights on him he finds himse
Published February 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Broken Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Broken Soul

Miranda Rodriguez
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Michelle Damron
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Felt like a love triangle!

These statements are just my opinion and may also contain spoilers...

I'm so wary of reading stories where a MC loses a love because we normally get so much of the relationship of the first love that it makes the new one seem second best. Authors spend so much time telling the first love story that the new one is hard to believe because it's not developed enough. In this story I felt like there was a love triangle between the hero, heroine, and the hero's dead wife's gh
~Dawn~TUG
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Like soul deep love.

Full Review---->A Broken Soul by Jessica Prince
Ilsa Madden-Mills
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jessica always amazes me with her writing range...and never disappoints me when I pick up one of her books. A Broken Soul is no different. It's a tear-jerker, but you'll know that right off the bat from the prologue. Quinn and Lilly's love story is beautifully written, their pain raw, their love so visceral that it felt like I KNEW THEM. Highly recommend if you love emotion and substance with your romance... FIVE STARS.

Ilsa
xoxo
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author,

Loved it!
I really, really liked this and literally read it in one sitting.
I haven't read the previous books in this series, but this is a complete standalone, so I had no problems connecting the dots.
It is a story of loss, heartbreak, forgiveness, second chances and finding love at times when you feel like you'll never be able to love again.
Both main characters had an undeniable chemistry right from the start, and they took me on one hell of an emotional roller
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
ogro + doormat
---------
Gurias, preparem o lencinho e embarquem em uma história bem bacana e que lembram os romances da Diana Palmer. Recomendo!
----------
Girls, get the tissues ready and prepare for the reading of a story much like those written by Diana Palmer. Recommend!
Jessica Prince
Feb 10, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Danielle
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I can't see through my tears to review.... so you're gonna have to wait.
April Symes
I loved loved loved this book!! I couldn’t stop reading once I started. When you start reading the prologue, you know exactly why Quinn is the way he is and know that his and Lily’s love is going to be worth all the angst and the pain. When the story started, Lily too is going thru something so painful and heartbreaking, it took my breath away. Yet she still remains as sweet and sassy –then she and Quinn start interacting and there is this instant chemistry, snap between them., Quinn fought it w ...more
FunUndertheCovers
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quinn lived through unbearable heartache in the past with the death of his wife, while Lilly is living present heartache with her father's illness. Quinn blames himself for the accident that killed his wife and he doesn't feel he deserves to be happy. Lilly becomes Quinn's daughter's ballet teacher and they form a friendship...a friendship they both eventually decide they want to be more. Quinn's confused feelings causes him to run hot and cold, resulting in him running his mouth without thinkin ...more
Jennifer Wyk
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I wish that one word would be enough for a review because I honestly felt a tad bit speechless after reading A Broken Soul by Jessica Prince.
Now, I'm not going to deny that she's one of my go-to authors, but A Broken Soul proves that Jessica can rip your heart out and you'll still love her. It was so different from her normal, but I loved it even more. Quinn & Lilly's story is one I fell for in the beginning. It was heartbreaking but swoony and I found myself not wanting their story to
Rejane
Laughing until 2050. I hate this kind of plot and I feel zero, nada, none compassion. So, I laugh.

And this one is perfection

Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of KU Book Reviews

RATING: BUY IT

Damn it. It’s so easy to fall into love, but fucking impossible to fall out.

I wish I could say I don’t know why I waited to read A Broken Soul (Pembrooke Book 3), but… I do know. I knew, from the first moment we met Quinn in Coming Full Circle (Pembrooke Book 2), that his story was going to hurt. That Jessica Prince was going to shatter me. And, of course, she did.

But she also expertly put me back together.

Good grief, it was heartbreaking to re
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
The Pembrooke Series is the first full series that I’ve read by Jessica Prince and because of that I think it’s always going to hold a special place in my heart. I literally finish each book wondering why in the world anyone would not read these books? They’re everything – heartbreaking, hopeful, emotional, funny, flirty, and fantastic. Just…fantastic.

So – Quinn & Lilly.

I was afraid to read their book because while all of the books have been emotional , this one was sure to take the cake.
Jennifer Wolfel
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Get out the tissues for this one you're going to need them!!!!

I've been working with Jessica a long time now, since she wrote Scattered Colors actually. She repeated tells me she has no feelings.... well this book is full of so much feeling!!!!! So if she doesn't have any then I don't know where this story came from...

In A Broken Soul, she's written something real, something raw, something that melts your heart and fuses your soul. Something that will tear you apart and build you up, as you grip
Beth
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tearjerker!

I cried so many times during this book my throat hurt by the end! The emotional upheaval and the dysfunctional relationship made this book a bit harder to enjoy than the previous ones in the series. After a while it kind of became "alright already, let's get on with it." Additionally my pet peeve, the editing, came into play again. This time it was not only the typos, sentence structure and incorrect or missing words but also errors that would easily be remedied. For example, professi
Nancy Metsch
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spoiler free review
What an amazing book...Just like everything Jessica writes, this book was amazing.
Quinn and Lilly's story was so beautiful, with a lot of little sprinkles of ugly scattered through. He considered himself broken, and felt there was no way at all he could be fixed. But he was so wrong. He just needed the right band aid....Enter Lilly. There was something about Lilly that drew him to her. Plus the fact that his 6 year old daughter Sophia wants to attend classes that Lilly runs
Kylie
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So many tears! Have tissues!!

Jessica did an outstanding job with this story. Love, loss, drama, angst. God it's all that and it's perfect.

I friend tears of sadness, and tears of happiness. I cried all the damn tears. Just have tissues handy.

Lilly is an amazing woman, faced with one of the worlds worst tragedies. But she handles it like a champ.
Quinn is a jackass who needs to get his head out of his ass. But I love him. And I love him with Sophia most!

I think what makes Jessica stand out fro
Jamie Rhodes
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story about Quinn and Lilly is very emotional. Their storyline will grab your heart. The relationship is an emotional roller coaster. I wanted to just kick Quinn in the shins a few times. The story tugged at my heartstrings and kleenexes were needed for me. The book is part of a series, but I feel as if you can read this without having to have read the others. Dual point of view. No cliffhanger.
Stephanie  Romig
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is Jessica's best book yet. The emotions this book brings are so much, but so worth it in the end. It still has her quit witted dialogue, but this book totally brought out a whole other side and I'm completely blown away.
Nidhi
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Broken Soul left me speechless. This book touched me so deeply. It will take you on a journey of joy, grief and love. There is a little bit of everyone in this book. You will find a connection that is impossible to forget.

I savoured each chapter, not wanting it to end. I am huge fan of Jessica's work and regardless of everything I have read by her she completely blew me away. This is a story you will not forget.

The characters are so real, the situations so believable that you can't help but
Amy English
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Its impossible to get through this book without crying at least once. This book was a roller coaster of high emotions, and while there was love and joy, pain and loss were the prevalent emotions.

The loss of anyone you love will change you forever but it's how you handle that change that really matters. Quinn was only living half a life, if that. He let the past dictate his present and his future. He held what was so firmly in his grasp he couldn't see past it to what he could have.

Lilly was bea
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
Jessica Prince broke my soul with this one. She has become known for her sexy romantic comedies but here she shows that she also knows how to pull on our heartstrings and write a book brimming with emotion. A book that will choke you up and bring tears to your eyes. This is a love story that shows there are many bumps in the road but once you open yourself back up to love absolutely beautiful things can happen.
Maddy's Reading
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
What do a firefighter and a dancer have in common? Nothing!!!
Lily is a dancer who owns her own dance school. She has recently gotten some bad news which is tearing her world apart.
Quinn is a firefighter and a single dad. He lost his wife to a car accident and has been suffering in guilt and grief ever since.
When Quinn's daughter becomes her student, their paths cross. Their grief brings them closer. They become friends, yet Quinn always holds back. He is stuck between his guilt and his attract
Diane plourde
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Just literally got done reading this story and I'm downright speechless, I won't stay that way for long because I have a lot to say about A Broken Soul.

Throughout my entire life, I've read thousands of books, so knowing that you can assume I won't relate to every book I've ever read. There always an exception. This author is my exception. Each and every time I read one of this author's books, I think to myself, it's her best one yet. I've been saying that since I first read Picking up the Piec
Carrie Richardson-horton
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off let me say I have loved every Jessica Prince book that she has written. This book though...I'm not sure I will be able to put into words how beautifully written this book was. I keep trying to go back and read my highlights and it would take up too many pages to pick my favorite moments. I will warn you tissues will be needed and a few tears will fall.

Quinn and Lilly's story isn't an easy one, but you want them both to find their happily ever after in the end. Together or apart you wil
Becca
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart! This is the first book to give me such a book hangover is quite a while. You go through so many emotions with both characters, that you feel like you’ve ran a marathon. You know if you heart that the reward is coming but boy you want to cry through the running to get there.

Quinn has been living with survivor’s guilt for three years. Not letting anyone in to his pain and just trying to make it through each and everyday with his head above water and doing the best to raise his daughte
FMR Book Grind
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
AMY E'S REVIEW
4.5 STARS

Maura
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Broken Soul - Pembrooke Series Book 3 by Jessica Prince ripped my heart out, left it on the ground to be stomped on, dusted it off and put it back into my chest to heal and beat again. I felt like MY soul was broken when reading it.

Remember when Beaches first came out and your mom's friends told you to bring a box of tissues? Yeah, well I'm now old enough to be that friend and TRUST ME, you will need tissues.

Told in dual POV between Quinn and Lilly. It's a story of navigation through grief, re
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot hot hot sexy widow who falls for the sweet strong stubborn Lily. I kept wanting to reach into the book & strangle Quinn sometimes, but that just kept u reading. Both Quinn & Lily have things that have hurt them, but Quinn's having problems getting past his. The are a very hot couple full of chemistry. I wish we could see more into their future, but oh well. Great read!!!
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe

The Pembrooke (3 books)
  • Sweet Sunshine (the Pembrooke series)
  • Coming Full Circle (The Pembrooke, #2)