Start by marking “Falling Hard (Colorado High Country, #3)” as Want to Read:
Falling Hard (Colorado High Country, #3)

Falling Hard

(Colorado High Country #3)

A Gold Star wife alone…

Published February 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Falling Hard, please sign up.
⚜️Trea I would say yes. The characters from the previous two books in the series only make minimal appearances, and the focus isn't on their continuing stori…moreI would say yes. The characters from the previous two books in the series only make minimal appearances, and the focus isn't on their continuing stories, more on Jesse and Ellie.(less)

Start your review of Falling Hard (Colorado High Country, #3)
✦❋Arianna✦❋
4 Stars!!

It’s been so long since I’ve read a book by this author…way too long, years actually, so I kind of forgot how wonderful her writing is. Pamela Clare’s storytelling is simply fantastic, really engaging and her stories always captivate me from the very beginning. 'Falling Hard' is a story about loss, second chances and finding love, a heartwarming story filled with sweetness, but also sexiness that gave me all the feels.

Ellie Meeks’ life changed completely when her pilot husband was k
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Moving on Stars

photo dillon7_zpsoqepfljb.gif

Spoilers

OMG my feels! Pamela Clare did it again. I loved Falling Hard. Every single minute of it. Colorado High Country the series has been a total hit for me. I have loved every single book in this series. And while Eric and Victoria are my favorite couple of the series, Jesse and Ellie come in a very close second. This book had everything you could want in a romance. Sexy abs...Check. Sexy fantasy role playing.... Check. Adorable 3 year old twins..... Double Check!

photo 745cd85037755f372f119af5f792781292c34129_zps6u7cmx0s.gif

El
Alp
OH MY GOD, THIS BOOK!

I can't really put into words how beautiful it was. This is one of the most memorable books I've ever read! I cried buckets of tears reading the epilogue and now I feel as though I have no tears left inside of me.

Pamela Clare is a go-to author for me, and once again, she comes up with an enthralling plot and endearing characters. The book grabbed me right off the bat and took me on an emotional ride. I loved everything about this book and enjoyed every single page from start
Dali
A deeply felt and amazing addition to Pamela Clare’s collection.

Sometimes keeping promises is nearly impossible. It’s been three years since her husband died in combat but Ellie Meeks isn’t interested in moving on. She spends her time working and taking care of the twins her husband never got to meet. But when the good Samaritan that helps her out in the middle of a storm turns out to be her very sexy neighbor, he reignites her desire to live to the fullest.

Ex-army Ranger Jesse Moretti want
Lady Heather
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Pamela Clare, contemporary romance
This book....
Is why I fell in love with Pamela Clare's writing in the first place.

1) The characters were likable...hell loveable.
Ellie is a single mom who's husband was killed in combat while she was pregnant with their twins.
Ellie's been managing to hold it together for the last 3 years on her own, but she hasn't been able to move forward in her life.
Jesse is a former Army Ranger suffering from PTSD and has escaped to the mountains to cope with his suffering and to try and start over.

2) The si
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I haven't read any Pamela Clare before now because I don't really enjoy romantic suspense. I don't know, that feeling of anxiety in suspenseful stories is just too much for me to handle! When I saw that this series was contemporary romance, I knew this was my shot to try this author.

Falling Hard is a book that any M/F contemporary lover will like. It has some excitement and minor suspense like a romantic suspense, but it is mostly just a story about two people who've been through lots of emotio
Aileene
PRE READ

Marathon reading this lovely woman's Colorado series.
3 books. Ms Clare and I will be inseparable.

POST READ

Rating interpretation:
5 Stars - if ALL my expectations and criteria are met.
NO Stars - Goodreads stars are not enough as the story blew me out of the water..in a good way.

Ms Clare had definitely sprinkled crack on to the pages of this book. And on to Jesse Moretti.

Jesse Moretti. Mmmmmm.

Just look at the cover of the book.
That body.
That stubble.
That sleeve tat.
Words escape me.

S
Beanbag Love
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have cried my eyes out. I literally have no eyes now.

Review to come.

---

Full review at last.

But first ... waterworks photo crycrycry.gif

I do love a small town romance series. Well, I love a good one, and this is a gooood one.

Falling Hard is the third installment in the independently published Colorado High Country series by Pamela Clare. It's contemporary romance and centers around the lives, loves and various exploits of the rescue services in an area which caters to skiers, snowboarders, rock climbers, hikers, whit
Jonetta
RN Ellie Meeks is a widow with 2-year twins (almost 3) who were born after her husband died in Iraq. It's been almost four years now and though her mind tells her she's ready her heart isn't ready to let go of husband Dan. Enter neighbor Jesse Moretti, a former Army Ranger now a volunteer member of the Rocky Mountain Search & Rescue Team who works for the Ski Resort as a patroller. He definitely claims her head and starts chipping away at her heart.

I really liked this story primarily because of
Denisa
2.5 Meh...

Everyone loved this book so much, I almost feel bad for not liking it more...

It was a forgettable read, really didn't find it all that special. It wasn't bad or anything, it was just kind of... meh.
Claire
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "When you’re ready... I’ll be here." Stars!

We return to the Colorado High Country Series, with the third book; Falling Hard. This is happy-go-lucky Jesse Moretti’s story, and I fell... Hard.

Oh my wow! I am absolutely in love with this series; every book the author has released has been an absolute treat. But I have to say this one is my favorite so far, there was just so much to love about the story that Pamela gave Jesse.

It was his duty to have her back, not get her onto her back...

Ell
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Yay! It's on Amazon, early!! Falling Hard: A Colorado High Country Novel http://amzn.to/2lb01TG ...more
Lynsey A
I absolutely love Pamela Clare! She is such a great writer. She is my favorite Romantic Suspense author and even writing straight contemporary with no suspense, she shines. She keeps the reader engaged throughout the entire story. She doesn't throw in drama for the sake of drama. Her characters have depth and bring the story to life.

This book was no exception. Both Jesse and Ellie have shadows in their pasts but it doesn't keep them from growing closer to each other. They had such sweet moments
CD {Boulder Blvd}
My favorite genre is romantic suspense - heavy on the suspense. But in between having the MCs deal with serial killers and dead bodies, I like a little sweet romance. In contemporary romance I like solid character development, a good plot and witty dialogue. What I try to avoid is tell with no show, pages of teenage angst and detailed sex.

I have only read one other book by Pamela Clare and this was going to be the author's second chance. I was initially intrigued with the book's synopsis. Two p
Mindy Lou's Book Review
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cop-etc, 2017
Good story. What I liked was it had great characters and side characters. I liked the small town atmosphere that gave this story more feelings. The writing was mature, the story was fast paced and I love the book cover. The book description pulled me in. I like the idea of a former Army Ranger coming to the rescue of a single mom who has lost her husband to the military. For the most part, that met my expectations.

What I didn’t like was I felt there was a little too much emphasis on the dead s
Erin
Mar 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017

This is my first book by this author. She didn't disappoint. 3.5 stars does not mean I didn't like it. In this case, I did like the book, but I'm not sure if I should have requested it. I dont do well with dead lovers/spouses. I heard so many great things about this book though, I wanted to give it a chance.

A sweet and sexy romance. I loved the story and character development. While the dead spouse still bothered me (note to self: no more!), I think the story was strong enough that I w
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

Another great book in this series. Jesse and Ellie have had a lot of hard times. Together they overcome all the obstacles in their past. Loved her twins Daniel and Daisy. Loved seeing all the peeps from the Team. That epilogue...make sure you have a box of Kleenex handy...
Anita
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, kindle-own, romance

WARNING!! Kleenex needed. Be sure you have a box handy because you are sure gonna need it. This book touches every emotion and then wrings you out. The writing is nothing less that awesome and you can't help but fall in love with Elle, Jesse, Daniel and Daisy. Especially Daisy. She had me reliving my worst nightmares as a child, as a parent and as a grandparent. Thank God for G
nicklein
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When one of the MCs is working in the medical field, it always gets an extra praise from me. I love those type of books and yet no one writes about nurse or doctor H/h enough.

Anyway, this was really impressive. I couldn't put it down and made me forget about reading my presentation I'm scheduled to present the following day. I suck. But it just proved how engrossing and addicting this book was.

I just wish we got to see more adorable interactions between the twins and Jesse.

(This is still subject
Sharon
Here are some of my thoughts:
• The book starts off somewhat slow.
• The romance is sweet. There are great developments here.
• I like how comforting and compassionate Ellie is. Same for Jesse times ten. They both have a drive to help people.
• Jesse’s story is more complex than I originally thought it was going to be. I really felt for his character. I like how we got to see him work through his feelings and past with Ellie and with his therapist. I also felt for Ellie about losing her husband 4 y
~Mandi~
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Amazing Tear-jerking Stars

Falling Hard

Wow! That was one amazing rip my heart out reads. Such an emotional story.
A Gold Star wife alone…

Ellie Meeks promised her pilot husband that if he was killed in combat, she would live her life to the fullest. Three years later, she is still alone, raising the twins he never met. She has no interest in dating or meeting men—until one snowy night when a stranger helps her get her sick kids safely home. That stranger turns out to be a former Army Ranger and
Big Joe  Rossi
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pamela Clare is one of, if not, my favorite romantic suspense authors. Yes, I know this wasn't rom-susp but it was still a great read.

Ellie Meeks is a Gold Star widow of twins. Her husband, Dan, a helicopter pilot was KIA. He knew his job was dangerous and told her to live her life if he died. She hasn't been. 3 yrs later, she is raising Daniel and Daisy, pretty much alone. Luckily she has some help in the form of her parents, her sister and husband, and the small town she loves.

Jesse Moretti i
Maria Rose
Falling Hard by Pamela Clare is the third story in her Colorado High Country series. Set with the beautiful Rocky Mountains as a backdrop to emotional and sexy romances, the series looks at the lives and loves of the local search and rescue team.

Ellie Meeks knew the risks of marrying an Army Ranger but still mourns the loss of her husband Dan, father to 3-year-old twins Daisy and Daniel that he never got a chance to meet. Her days are filled caring for the twins as a single mom, and working part
RachelW (BamaGal)
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I think this may be my favorite read of the series so far. Clare has definitely hit her stride with this book. Well written, entertaining, and poignant. It read like a love story between real people in the real world. As always, Clare has done meticulous research into a Gold Star family, and the lingering effects of PTSD. While I miss the suspense of the I-Team, this series is giving the reader some lovely romances.

I did not care for the cover, however. The ubiquitous headless chest cover is lon
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5;5/ 4 stars; A-

This was a sweet romance with a few insights into the aftermath of military service, both for those who return from war and those who were on the home front. I really enjoy this author.
Simii Khanom
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
❤️ 4.5 stars ❤️

Seriously, where does Pamela Clare stock these amazing and gorgeous men? Show me the way pls :) I'm in love with this tortured, beautiful soul who goes by Jesse Moretti *"Whatta man" plays in the background*
In Falling Hard, you meet Ellie Meeks, a widow with 2 1/2 year old twins, Daniel & Daisy. Ellie and Jesse are neighbours but never quite met yet until Jesse steps in to help Ellie when her twins were suffering from a fever. And I believe the rest is history.
Ellie is a war wido
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in Pamela Clare's Contemporary Romance series, Colorado High Country. Ellie Meeks is a widow raising toddler twins, Daniel and Daisy. One snowy night finds her stranded, half sick with the twins (also sick), and enter our hero. Jesse Moretti, a former Army Ranger, turns out to be their neighbor. Neither is ready for commitment but they can't seem to ignore the chemistry.

Ellie's family thinks she needs to get out and live a little. But Ellie is busy with her nursing job and raising
MountainKat
I expect nothing less than fabulous when I read a Pamela Clare book and I am never let down! This story was so emotional! Ellie was wonderful and really had her priorities in order, except herself - she left that piece out of the puzzle. Jesse? Jesse was sigh-worthy! I loved how he refused to let his past or his issues or his preconceived plans for his life interfere with what his heart was telling him he wanted. They really worked together and to be together and I loved it. The ending, so perfe ...more
ShoSho
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was fantastic and my favorite in the series. This is the sort of contemporary romance that I enjoy. Great characters with believable back stories, cute (babies) ,romantic angsty sexy... what else do you want?
Ann Lorz
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: http://www.romancingthereaders.com/20...

This is a series that I've really enjoyed. I wish the author would do another series like this. Not that her suspense isn't good, it's just that I liked the straight contemporary more.

Falling Hard is the third book in her Colorado High Country. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this one. I'm always a fan of romances with kids in them. They can really help to make for a good story. Kids bring reality to it.

This o
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Pamela Clare ~ Fa...: Falling Hard -- book 3 29 34 Jul 02, 2017 02:35PM

• Lethal Edge (Rifle Creek, #1)
  • Ignited (Titanium Security, #1)
  • Covert Evidence (Evidence, #5)
  • Cold Evidence (Evidence, #6)
  • Fractured Honor (Crimson Point, #1)
  • Singed (Titanium Security, #2)
  • Incriminating Evidence (Evidence, #4)
  • Silent Evidence (Evidence, #8)
  • Last Man Standing (Black Ops Inc., #7)
  • Burned (Titanium Security, #3)
  • Blindsided (Titanium Security, #6)
  • Rekindled (Titanium Security, #5)
  • Body of Evidence (Evidence, #2)
  • Hold Your Breath (Search and Rescue, #1)
  • Midnight Target (Killer Instincts, #8)
  • Extinguished (Titanium Security, #4)
  • Echo (Linear Tactical #7)
  • Stealing Vengeance (Vengeance, #1)
USA Today best-selling author Pamela Clare began her writing career as a columnist and investigative reporter and eventually became the first woman editor-in-chief of two different newspapers. Along the way, she and her team won numerous state and national honors, including the First Amendment Award and the National Journalism Award for Public Service. In 2011, she was honored by the Colorado Pro ...more

Colorado High Country (8 books)
  • Barely Breathing (Colorado High Country, #1)
  • Slow Burn (Colorado High Country #2)
  • Tempting Fate (Colorado High Country, #4)
  • Close to Heaven (Colorado High Country, #5)
  • Holding On (Colorado High Country, #6)
  • Chasing Fire (Colorado High Country, #7; I-Team, #9)
  • Breaking Free (Colorado High Country, #8)

News & Interviews