Start by marking “Going Under” as Want to Read:
Going Under

Going Under

Melody learned the hard way the streets were no place for her.

Jack realized sometimes family isn’t always blood.

After witnessing a murder orchestrated by the Diamond Eaters Motorcycle Club, Melody becomes a pawn in a game of Who Dies First.

Captives aren't supposed to fall in love with their captor or help them survive at any cost … right?
Published May 15th 2017 by Boundless Tales

To ask other readers questions about Going Under, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Under

Start your review of Going Under
Coco.V
Sep 09, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/9/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Melody learned the hard way the streets were no place for her.

Jack realized sometimes family isn’t always blood.

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews
Loved

OMG. Going Under by LeTeisha Newton was freaking amazing.

This MC book was unlike any other I've read, and I love my dirty talking, rough, foul mouth bikers and the sassy women that stand by their sides.

I started this book about two hours ago, and I only stopped to take a short break to get a snack.

That's how wrappedup into this book I was.

GO ONE-CLICK THIS BABY NOW.
Evie
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark romance

This was a pretty interesting dark romance, and definitely not for the faint of heart. Readers who like MC romances will enjoy this book.
EbonyMonae
Mixed Feelings!

This book was probably my least favorite by the author. The writing and the storyline was good, it was just certain answers were not made clear to me, as well as answered. As a vivid reader I need answers. That’s is why it was given 3 stars. It’s more like 3.5 stars, but I really didn’t have it in me to give it 4 stars.

All ion all the book was not bad at all but just not my favorite.

Happy Reading!
Ri
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I'm always on the hunt for good MC romance. Especially, if it is on the darker and grittier side. Therefore, this was a very very pleasant surprise. Was it perfect? No. However, I looked past the imperfections and enjoyed this because it was a dang good story. So much so, in fact, that I wanted it not to end. I wanted Lana to get a story too.
Kael
DailySunshine
Jul 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
45% DNF. I love the cover. 😍I was intrigued by the blurb. I love a good dark MC book.

Unfortunaly the story felt really unrealistic to me. I am trying for months too actually like this book. But so far that didnt happen.
PelicanFreak
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
We meet Melody and she’s full of self awareness and—though it may not seem like it at first, it’s there—strength. She’s been through some stuff, she’s about to go through some more, but just maybe she’ll help someone who will also help her along the way, and just maybe she’ll find her place in the world—and one that doesn’t involve dependency on anything or anyone.

So there’s a survivor story built in, but there’s so much heat and drama along the way. There’s literally murder and mayhem and catti
Monique
Rating: 4.5 Stars

What an unexpected surprise...I REALLY liked it! The story of Jack (MC Enforcer) and Melody (recovering drug addict). One night Melody goes looking for some danger and she finds it when she is at the wrong place at the wrong time. The place and time...Jack. Jack ends up taking Melody and claims her. Their story begins in the clubhouse where they must both learn to trust each other.

I loved both of these characters! Jack was so good for Melody. He was sweet, but very jealous and
Shatire
I really, REALLY didn't like the beginning of Going Under. I didn't like either of the MCs, especially Melody. However, as I learned their stories that slowly began to change. Where I first thought Melody weak and reckless, I began to see her fighting spirit and unflinching loyalty. Jack deserved so much better in life. He paid his dues, but he was constantly being punished for another's sins. He and Melody were beautifully damaged, and together they unstoppable..unbreakable.
There were some unan
Titania
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this story in return for an honest review.

This story is different for Ms. Newton. It is dark but the emotions are real and Ms. Newton does a wonderful job of articulating them. I loved both Jack and Melody. They have flaws. And you wouldn't two such flawed people would click as well as they did. They fit. Melody is a recovering addict and Jack is unarguably a killer but together they become something more. I loved how real Ms. Newton kept her characters. She didn't whitewash
Elysian Fields
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read by this author and what a ride it was. I love MC reads and this contained everything I love about them, but in an new and original story. Two characters, both lost and broken, find each other in an unlikely circumstance. They are nothing each other wants but everything they need. I will be neededing more time in this world. There are so many more stories to tell.

The characters felt so real and the story line was well developed. I could not put this story down. Though it i
Susana Sousa
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LaTeisha Newton is not a new to me author and so, I'm always curious about what we will get with a new book. Going Under is an incursion in a MC world, a first to me by this author.
This book tells the story of Melody and Jake, a drug ex-addict, unlovable to her own eyes that seeks a new high in dangerous sex and the VP of Diamond Eaters MC that needs to prove himself everyday due to his father's past mistakes and believes himself not capable of love. This is an amazing read and very well writte
Evelyn
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark and passionate

Ms. Newton is quickly becoming my go to for dark, depraved, angst filled romance.

Jack and Melody’s stories are similar in that they are both broken from their pasts. Jack is paying fir the sins of his father. Melody is recovering from her drug addiction. As they meet by chance and Melody sees something she shouldn’t, Jack has to choose wether to get rid of her or take her and figure out what her angle is. As their story moves along, they both realize they can give each other
Tiffany
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! However, it won't be for everyone. There are some really dark parts and quite a bit of violence throughout. If you can look past that, you'll find a story about unconditional love, moving on from and not being defined by your past, as well as finding out who your true friends/family are. I loved Melody and Jack together. While they didn't get together under the best of situations, their relationship developed into something really strong. There were many factors tryin ...more
Ashley Cestra
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh man! What a start to this story! Going Under was great. I really enjoyed the banter of how the characters met.
This is my first time reading this author and it will not be my last! The pace of this story was upbeat and intriguing. The characters were fulfilling and the story line was supurb! I loved the first 75% percent of this story. What happened to this main character was so intriguing, I just enjoyed the Stockholm syndrome theme! I, however was not a fan of the ending.. I found it lackin
Tami czenkus
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you love Dark, suspenseful, angst filled stories, Going Under is the book for you!!
Melody and Jack are NO strangers to dangerous situations but NEITHER OF THEM could've predicted the outcome of their introduction to one another.
LeTeisha Newton takes you on an extremely emotional rollercoaster that will have you cursing her and thanking her in the same sentence. Ever single emotion was ripped out of me while reading this story about 2 damaged souls who, together battle past AND present demon
Leigh Robbins
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought I liked reading "dark" but i've never read dark like this! Almost had to stop I was scared at the pain and punishment Melody put herself through. Then she met Jack and he became HER Diamond eater. I fell in love with them way before they would admit they loved each other. I needed to finish this book and it ended long before I was ready, I want to keep reading about this dynamic duo as they...oops, not about to spoil anything!!! Fantastic read, so glad I pushed forward, Jack and Melody ...more
Veeper
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first started this book I wasn't a big fan of Melody, or Jack for that matter. But these two grew on me as the story progressed. Both characters had so much drama and baggage. Melody being an ex junkie and Jack carrying the sins of his father. I do love a good dark romance and this was dark and gritty. So much betrayal to overcome. This was my first time reading this author and won't be my last. I enjoyed this page turner very much.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Jen
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am really loving this new author to me, this is the second book I have read of her library. An MC story, with some great twists and turns that will leave you turning those pages as fast as possible. I love an MC romance but this author takes it into the darker side so well. Melody and Jack are opposites that find themselves not only drawn together but find themselves depending on one another for survival in the world they exist. Another great read by this author. Enjoy!

I received a free copy o
V
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first started this book I wasn't a big fan of Melody, or Jack for that matter. But these two grew on me as the story progressed. Both characters has so much drama and baggage. Melody being an ex junkie and Jack carrying the sins of his father. I do love a good dark romance and this was dark and gritty. So much betrayal to overcome. This was my first time reading this author and won't be my last. I enjoyed this page turner very much.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Becca
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my freaking god!! I am a huge fan of MC books, with Kristen Ashley's Chaos MC topping the list. Well sorry Kristen, but LeTeisha Newton just took your #1 spot in my placement order!

Dark romance, sexy and detailed HOT sex scenes. Mystery, revenge and chaos. Freaking awesome!! Didn't want to put it down and seriously considered calling in unable to work!! Jack and Melodys tortured lives combine and create fireworks.

Can't read to see what else becomes of this series!!
J. Ockenhouse
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LeTeisha is a master of dark romance. I've read 3 books so far and they are twisted so good. GOING UNDER starts out fast, hold nothing back yet under the dark exterior, you see how their lives are lead astray from the actions and decisions of others.

You learn to survive through the dark and can see how Melody and Jake have shattered parts yet fit together. Lots going on and definitely not for the faint. I received an ARC for an honest and voluntarily review.
Michelle
Going Under is a dark, MC romance and my second book by this author. I love it when two damaged characters find each other in twisted ways and end out being great for each other. Falling in love wasn't in the plan but somehow Jack and Melody get their HEA. I am loving LeTeisha Newton's writing and I look forward to reading many more books by her in the future. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book. ...more
Ms Cats World
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emotionally Charged

I'm honestly surprised this wasn't the start of a series.

Really good book all-in-all. Strong characters, lots of secondary ones too that I would enjoy reading stories about, dark plot, gritty, erotic, and emotionally charged.

Writing style was superb when detailing both Melody and Jack's feelings with not only each other, but themselves. Especially Melody's internal war with drugs and staying clean.
Misty Schott
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great MC romance.

I loved this edgy MC romance. This book is written well, has great characters and you can tell the author researched how things are handled when it comes to Motorcycle Clubs. This is the third book I've read by this author because I just recently discovered her. I am definitely planning on reading everything I can find by this author.
Leeza W
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a good book. The characters are well thought out, and the plot is interesting. It’s also full length which was nice. I can’t say much for how realistic is was - obviously not a member of a biker gang -, but the world building showed real talent in my opinion.

Jenni
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my second book by LeTeisha, and its lived up to the expectations of the first (vanquished) A dark gritty MC romance that takes you on an ride through all the emotions possible. great character and well written story, you feel everything the author wants you to feel through out! i couldn't put the book down

SEng
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of Melody and Jack. Nice twist on the MC biker theme. These two find each other under the most unlikely way but they are really good together and need each other. I enjoyed this story with its drama, danger and romance. I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Shanna D
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Going Under by LeTeisha Newton. Dark MC romance that kept me on the edge of my seat while the author’s storytelling and attention to detail kept me vested in characters and outcome of story. It’s raw, it’s gritty, it’s full of dark drama, strong tormented characters, suspense, and intense steamy scenes.

Goodreads Librari...: Please Add Cover 5 14 Apr 20, 2017 06:43AM

• Bullseye (The Monsters Within Duet, #1)
  • Blowback (The Monsters Within Duet, #2)
  • Savage (Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
  • Enemy Dearest
  • Damaged and the Beast (Damaged, #1)
  • Possession (Perversion Trilogy, #2)
  • Truly
  • Beck (Gods Of The Fifth Floor, #1)
  • Lucky Inheritance (Inherit Love)
  • His Plain Jane (Happy Endings #3)
  • Hard Limits (The Black Combe Doms, #3)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Captured (Garrison Earth, #1)
  • Perversion (Perversion Trilogy, #1)
  • Wrecked
  • Pound of Flesh
  • The Italian
  • The Sheikh’s Stubborn Employee (Qadir Sheikhs #3)
Writing professionally since 2008, LeTeisha Newton’s love of romance novels began long before it should have. After spending years sneaking reads from her grandmother’s stash, she finally decided to pen her own tales. As many will do during their youth, she bounced from fantasy, urban literature, mainstream, interracial, paranormal, heterosexual, and LGBT works until she finally rested in contempo ...more