Start by marking “Voyager” as Want to Read:
Voyager

Voyager

Voyager One. A tiny probe hurtling through the void of outer space more than twelve billion miles from Earth, it is the remotest human object in existence. Callie Woolf, Voyager Project Manager at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, is stunned when the probe unexpectedly downloads a series of increasingly disturbing images.

Within 24 hours, she is running for her life.

Brad Ba
Published March 31st 2017 by Rackman Books

To ask other readers questions about Voyager, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voyager

Start your review of Voyager
Cathy Ryan
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: techno-thriller
Since Bradley Barnes lost his wife in the 9/11 terror attacks he’s been part of a highly specialised FBI counter terrorism team. As the story opens the team are preparing to assist in a coordinated raid against a suspected source of domestic terrorism. The raid doesn’t go according to plan and there are several fatalities.

Meanwhile in NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Dr Callie Woolf, Project Manager of the Voyager Interstellar Mission, and her team are becoming aware of issues on board Voyager
H.A. LYNN
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Voyager is a riveting sci-fi conspiracy thriller! It’s well written, full of descriptive detail and well-rounded characters. From page one, I was gripped by Brad, my favorite character, who can’t seem to catch a break. However, like agent Ferguson, I question the believably of his relationship with Mirage, a woman who tries to kill him.

The action scenes throughout the story set the pace for the book, keeping you engaged as you uncover the mysteries surrounding Voyager One. I did get tripped up a
Tom
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First half was good. I felt like the second half went in a direction that I didn’t care for.
Farhan
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I was really impressed with the strong writing chops of this unknown author. The first-half of the novel was very strong: the way the plot unfolded over multiple narratives, the decoding of the mysterious images sent by NASA probe Voyager, and the espionage angle.

But when the female FBI agent turns out to be a genetically enhanced mercenary, the whole plot crumbled into an embarrassing and hokey mishmash of inexplicable love-at-first-sight with the unlikeliest of persons. Also, the Voyager imag
Steve Cantwell
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic thriller. Conspiracies, chases, fights: what's not to love? I thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful second book by Carl Rackman and would recommend it to pretty much anyone!
Sue Bavey
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Voyager begins as a science fiction thriller with believable characters set in recent, real world situations. These scenarios may be unfamiliar to the majority of readers, but due to the author’s careful descriptions and explanations it is not difficult to visualize the locations and imagine the relationships being depicted.

The NASA Voyager team receives images from deep space which could be considered evidence of extra terrestrial life - if they are real. The Voyager team and its project manage
Rosie Amber
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Voyager is an American based techno-thriller.

It opens with the terrible events of 9/11 and introduces us to Bradley Barnes.

Chapter one begins in September 2016 as Barnes and his team from the FBI are about to storm a building containing suspects with terrorism links. Unfortunately the main suspects escape—with super-human speed.

In California, Dr Callie Woolf, project manager of the Voyager Interstellar Mission, is alerted to a security breach; a probe, far out in space, begins sending back unexp
Elizabeth Lloyd
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This style of novel is not my usual choice of genre but it’s always good to try entering a new environment and adapt to a faster paced narrative. And I am really glad I chose Carl Rackman’s second book.

From the Prologue when Brad talks to his fiancé by phone as she tries to escape from the second tower on 9/11 to the culmination of this thriller on the day of the Inauguration of a new President in 2017, this fast-moving thriller keeps you guessing. There are a number of significant characters to
Terry Tyler
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Voyager is an extremely well-plotted space-conspiracy-techno-thriller. The author clearly knows what he's talking about in all aspects of the novel; it's clever, professionally presented and I think that lovers of this genre will lap it up. It's very much an action-orientated book which I bought after reading Rackman's debut, Irex. A definite page-turner, though I liked the way the gradual way the plot unfolded. Well thought out and not gimmicky at all.
Bill Dodsworth
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent thriller. Kept me turning the pages and hooked right up until the last twist in the plot.
Sean Randall
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Despite being a very enjoyable thriller, the title and description of the work leads you to believe there's a lot more to do with Voyager and any sort of science than there actually is. I felt a little cheated.
Ronald A. Pagano
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story, although a little simple!

Fast reading! Action parts were good and involved the reader. The end was a little schlocky, but it lays the premise for the sequel?
Susan Magyarody
Buddha6
Apr 23, 2017

• New Eden
  • The Last Monument
  • Six Seconds (Adrian Tarn)
  • The Numbers Game: Why Everything You Know About Soccer Is Wrong
  • DEAD BEFORE YOU DIE (DCI Harry McNeil #3)
  • Flesh House (Logan McRae, #4)
  • Blind Eye (Logan McRae, #5)
  • Area 51 (Area 51, #1)
  • The Sword of Moses (Ava Curzon Trilogy #1)
  • Dark Eagle (Legionary #8)
  • Close to the Bone (Logan McRae, #8)
  • Battle's Flood (Jack Stannard of the Navy Royal Book 2)
  • Duty, Honor, Planet: A Military Sci-Fi Series
  • The Last Voyage (Star Smuggler #1)
  • Into the Stars (Rise of the Republic Book 1)
  • In the Cold Dark Ground (Logan McRae, #10)
  • The Blood Road (Logan McRae #11)
  • A Dark So Deadly
Hi! I'm Carl Rackman, a British former airline pilot turned author. I spent my working life travelling the world and this has given me a keen interest in other people and cultures. I've drawn on my many experiences for my writing.

I write suspense thrillers with a grounded science-fiction theme. I like reading novels that feature atmospheric locales and I enjoy complex, absorbing storylines combine

News & Interviews