Start by marking “Dark Water (Dan Roy #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Water (Dan Roy #2)

Dark Water

(Dan Roy #2)

Dan Roy is back. So is a bullet with his name on it.

Dan intends to settle his affairs, then roam the world. But when an innocent woman is abducted in broad daylight, Dan responds to her call for help. His actions leads him into the dangerous vortex of a global plot to cripple America, maybe for good.

Deep under the blue waters of the Eastern Seaboard hides a deadly
Published February 17th 2017 by Hard Wire Publications

To ask other readers questions about Dark Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Water

Start your review of Dark Water (Dan Roy #2)
Todd Simpson
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly entertaining. If you like Action Thrillers, then you will love this book. It’s also a very good follow on from Mick Bose’s first book in this series ‘Hidden Agenda’ which is also definitely worth a read. The main character Dan Roy is very versatile tough guy, with some amazing skills, and as a result the fight scenes are brilliant. Russian mobster Vyalchek Ivanov was used to getting his own way, and Dan Roy was certainly frustrating him. Normally if someone was getting in Val’s way he ...more
Rod
Jun 05, 2017 added it
I started reading dark water and put it down for a few days i started reading it again late last night i just finished it this afternno it has snowed all day here so it was a good day to curl up with a good Book dark water is a terrific little thriller just a nice short read
i cant fault it and will give it 5 stars
Pete
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dan Roy fights his way out of the dark!

This is the second full length book featuring Dan Roy who has now left his position as a black ops agent, and is going to have a vacation. However when he sees a woman being kidnapped at an airport he finds himself embroiled in an international plot to cause incalculable damage to America.
I really love the action sequences in the Dan Roy books, they are written in a believable way, and Dan is not portrayed as a very special type of man, and not a superman
Jack
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it

A woman he recently met is kidnapped in broad daylight. Our hero decides to respond and is drawn into several life-and-death situations, and the overall scheme is tied into "one more case" for his agency.

This was an enjoyable read. I finally figured out why I like these kinds of books: earth-sourced Supermen. They are the
Satrajit Sanyal
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a page turner with some surprise twists. Lots of six against one battles with the hero taking down all opposition. Good guy/automatic killer, Dan, makes the reader wonder, should I respect him or be glad I don't know him.

Dan Roy wants to retire from his Black Ops career. (Though one can never really retire from this type of job, right? One can only go on indefinite hiatus or retire from life.). A woman he recently met is kidnapped in broad daylight. Our hero decides to respond and is
Jay Williams
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dark Water tells how Dan Roy's attempt to retire from his black ops career leads him into a domestic adventure that includes Mexican gangs, the Russian Mafia, Russian covert operations, and development of a new weapon system by the US. The characters are well described and add a sense of realism to a complex plot. The suspense is continuous, the action is formidable, and the many twists at the end make for an exciting story. The rich detail along the way will make you want to re-read the book ...more
Debbie
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not Again

All Dan Roy wants to do is be left alone and go on a long, extended vacation. To leave behind the life he's had for some years as an assassin for the black OPs organization, Intercept. But that's not so easy. He is accidentally, on purpose thrown into yet another operation-although he doesn't know it. He helps a woman he meets at the airport and from there all help breaks lose. Very good reading!
Carol Butler
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Explosive

I've read a few of the Dan Roy novels, they are fast paced and plenty of action and yes a bit of fantasy fiction thrown in. We have all read of these One Man Bands and Dan Roy does it in style. Dan Roy a black ops but retired? still putting the bad guys down even when taking a holiday. It's a good read about the right length so you don't get bored, well written and will definitely be reading some more.
Will Decker
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I had a hard time with all the editing errors and the writing style comes off as very juvenile. The story plot sounded good and I couldn't wait to read it, but then found myself struggling to reach the end. The story is predictable, the characters come off as stupid, and the overall delivery lacking. This might have cut it in the 50's when it was hard to find something to read, much less any good. But in today's age of writing, authors have to bring their 'A' game, and this isn't it.
Michael Gallagher
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced action and adventure

Dan Roy fils the bill of an action hero in the know and trying to get out of the killing game. His values keep him straight up. The book is a little predictable, but then I like that about military stories. One thing irks a bit: Dan dialogues often change to abruptly-the same applies to many scene changes in the book. All in all, a great read.
Elizabeth Wilson Higgins
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read

A well written thriller. Plenty of action and fast paced enough to keep the reader enthralled. Even as Dan Roy walks away the reader knows that he attracts the elements that makes for a dangerous lifestyle. So one knows Dan Roy will be back. Mick Bose is an author for readers who enjoy Lee Child
Meghan
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and fast paced. This story had action and intrigue coming from all sides. The storyline was quite interesting and had me thinking about what all is going on in our waters! The role of family and friends was displayed again in this story and I loved the roles and twists the female characters brought to the story. I am really enjoying this series and Dan!
Eirlys
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dan's the Man!

I liked this book because I found out more about Dan. I read the third book, The Tonkin Protocol, first and this book gave me more about his past. There was loads of action and chases that left the reader breathless. Dan is a complex character and I want to know more about him. He is the ultimate hero.
Carol Simmons
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another terrific action story regarding Dan Roy. A great man who loves his country is eager to help.all in need. This author is so talented can read his books in a two day turnaround. Starting book number three. Excellent
Don
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It starts off very quickly and then I get hit with a poor character flaw, but not really as he makes up for it as I read on. More than read, on I can hardly put it down. Bose ‘s Dan Roy is like Flynn’s - Mitch Rapp and Child’s - Reacher, and that says it all.
E. Middelkoop
It’s a nice story if you’re into this super capable action hero. What really turned me off was the impossible amount of spelling errors. Don’t the author and/or editor have spelling checkers!?
Books should be a medium to learn a language by - not to test your knowledge!
Ollie
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gripping tale of a guy just trying to get a new life after years of military service. There are twists and turns and even clues that you should pick up on. Dan Roy remains a hero and protector through this book.
Steve Hall
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thriller is the appropriate description!

Very nice read, interesting premise and believable characters, Mick Bose weaves together a plot that will keep you turning pages well into the night.
Lorraine King
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it love it love it !! Keep em coming , thoroughly enjoyed this read

Ace book mark do it again and soon please !!
Will wait with bated breath !! Blokey book but this girly thought it was fab !!
teresa
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting from first page to the very ladt

He was retired. She needed help. Now her daughter was in trouble. He had no choice but to see this thru. What was Phillip? Why was he hiding from work?
Zoe
Nov 23, 2017 rated it liked it
A nice, quick and easy read. Action packed. I read the kindle edition and unfortunately there were many simple grammar and spelling errors which was disappointing eg. one of the characters names interchanged from Jody to Jodie. Not great attention to detail but good story nevertheless.
Trevor
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A chance encounter leads Dan into a race against time to find a missing engineer. He is not the only one looking and a deadly race begins. Nicely paced book, the big confrontation at the end was over a bit to quick and clean.
Lori Bindner
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful!

Thrilling and full of surprising twists and turns, I could not put this book down! I'm a tad bit infatuated with the main character and cheered out loud for him many times. This book did not disappoint, but worked it's way into my heart.
James W. Stewart
Great Thriller

Set in current time, this thriller is a great story about weaponry that could exist today or in the near future. The tale has a number of twists and turns to you guessing.
Robert C. smith
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a Thrilling Thriller!

A constant action thriller full of many surprises from beginning to end! Boss's creative writing styles includes excellent "word picture's that make reading this novel easy, fast and instantly understood. My kind of story.
Brian Doyle
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining action packed page turner. Well worth reading
John Karlson
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story, emasy read.

Okay. Nothing to get exited about, different story line, but main
character is not Jack Reacher! Worth your time, good beach read.
Suzanne Langeveld
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Series

Thrilling, suspenseful, and exciting. Worth the effort to read. The writer has you wanting more. On book 3 of the series.
Gail
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good characters and interesting read. Plenty of action throughout. The main character is similar to/reminded me of Jack Reacher in the Lee Child books.
Anna Lopez pugsley
Good read

Much better than the last book, more real. The gunfights were exciting and the surprise at the end was well done.

• Hawk (Will Slater #6)
  • Ciphers (King & Slater #3)
  • Weapons (King & Slater #1)
  • Lion (Will Slater #2)
  • Bull (Will Slater #5)
  • The Victor (Black Force Shorts #1)
  • Contracts (King & Slater #2)
  • Wolf (Will Slater #1)
  • The Coast (Black Force Shorts #5)
  • White Hell (Tanner #17)
  • Headshot: CIA Assassin (Jack Hunter Book 1)
  • Hunted (Jason King #6)
  • The Chimera (Black Force Shorts #2)
  • Lynx (Will Slater #4)
  • Trigger Break (Warriors #10)
  • Jack Hunter: Origin Story (CIA Assassin Book 1)
  • Caged Animal (Noah Wolf #15)
  • A Man Of Respect (Tanner #23)

Dan Roy (9 books)
  • Hidden Agenda (Dan Roy #1)
  • The Tonkin Protocol (Dan Roy #3)
  • Shanghai Tang (Dan Roy #4)
  • Scorpion Rising (Dan Roy #5)
  • Deep Deception (Dan Roy #6)
  • Scorpion Down (Dan Roy #7)
  • Code Zero (Dan Roy #8)
  • Scorpion Sting (Dan Roy #9)