Start by marking “Damned if I Do (The Harker Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Damned if I Do (The Harker Trilogy #1)

Damned if I Do

(The Harker Trilogy #1)

They killed my sister and infected me.
Now I have to pick up the pieces before I die.

I’ve spent the last five months trying to find the bastard who did this. Yet, even with the help of a hot amnesiac vampire named Jude, I’ve had zero luck.

Until now. And it could change everything. Even though I grew up in a family that hunted the supernatural, there were still things I didn
ebook
Published (first published August 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Damned if I Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damned if I Do

Montzalee Wittmann
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Damned If I Do
The Harker Trilogy Book 1
By: Erin Hayes
Narrated by: Kristin James
This was a pretty good vamp book. Not like others. The vamp hunter is a Harker, a magical being that can turn one of her hands into a sword. There are only a handful of Harkers left. It goes to the oldest female. They killed her sister, her older sister! Now she is the Harker. The only other female is her niece, her sister's little daughter. They are after her now and she has to protect herself and her family. The onl
Lola
I received a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review

With the dark creepy cover, this wouldn't be a book I would normally pick up, but as I read another book by this author and the blurb sounded interested I decided to give it a try. This book definitely surprised me in the best possible way. I enjoyed it from the beginning till the end. Damned if I Do is fast paced, filled with action, interesting story line, creepy vampires and kickass vampire hunters. There are interesting c
Quirkyreader
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good Supernatural Romance. It also added a new wrinkle to the whole vampire mythos.

Amber
Wow! I am positively baffled by how much I loved this book. I am shaking with excitement, and having to tell my best friend about this book even though it happens to be 4:40 am. Yep that's right this book was an up all night long type of book.

This book had a whole new spin on the vampire world. One that involves not only vampires, and vampire hunters, but the vampire hunters also have magic putting a real spin on things, oh but that is not all. This book has a hidden mystery in it too. A ghost
Dianne
They murdered her sister and poisoned her blood with their venom, now Edy Harker, vampire hunter, will do anything to avenge that murder before her own clock runs down. The power and legacy of the Harker family has been passed down through time, now their powerful vampire haunting dynasty may be coming to an end, thanks to the vampire blood running through Edy’s veins, but with a network of unlikely allies, including an amnesiac vampire, Jude, she may be close to achieving her goal.

What Edy disc
Tina
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I literally just finised this book 5 minutes ago and I am bouncing in my seat with my heart racing and my mind going crazy. This book was amazing throughout but the ending has left me nearly speechless. I never in a million years would have seen that coming. I am still flipping out. Now I have to wait until January to see what author Erin Hayes has planned next. I may lose my mind!

Damned If I Do is so different and original. The idea of a vampire hunter becoming infected with a deadly virus from
Aly
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an exciting new trilogy! I love Edie and Jude are both great characters. I love the way the author gave us a little twist on vampires in this book. Edie being a "Harker" kills vampires, she is a vamp hunter. But Can you fall in love with one too? I even love the niece Amelia! I imagine she is soo cute and adorable, strong like her mom and aunt but so sweet. So far I love everything about this series! I can't wait to read more maybe I will try the next book as a audio book!
JadeShea
Everything changes when her sister died, and now she doesn't have much time left to live, but she will do whatever she can to hunt down the vampire that killed her sister. However, when she finds Jude, who seems to be a nice vampire, things start to change.

Now, she doesn't know what is going on or who she should trust.

This book was okay. It had potential to be great, but I felt like a lot of the angst didn't make sense, and it bugged me.

I liked the heroine for the most part, but I wish she ha
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon

**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

Edie Harker is a magical vampire hunter who gets infected with a deadly disease.

Her only source into this fang infested world is Jude. An amnesiac vampire. He can't seem to remember what happened prior to a traumatic head injury while a vampire.

They seek out Anthony who attacked her and her sister together. Anthony the vampire has a very Lord Voldemort like following. People are scared to even utter his name for fear they'll face his wrath. While seeking a supposed myth
Shelley
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Blood thirsty stars

ARC generously provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

Harker has a strange family tree, one of vampire hunters. However she is just one in the family her sister is the main hunter, the one with all the special powers. That is until the night that Harker and her sister are jumped in a shopping parking lot and her sister is killed and she is infected. Now there are only two members of the hunters left alive Harker and her little niece. Harker wil
Melanie Marsh
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damned if I Do started off action packed and tragic. I couldn’t believe the beginning and was actually worried for the characters for the duration of the book. The characters in this book live in a fast paced and dangerous world. This book definitely grabbed and kept my attention until the very end, and what an ending it was! I was definitely not ready for it to be over!

In my opinion, what Hayes has done here is revamped (hehe, get it?) a traditional vampire and slayer story, sucked all of the d
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same Review Posted Here: Dreamy Addictions

It’s been a long time since I’ve read a vampire fiction novel and when this book caught my eye I want to give this a try because it sounded pretty much kickass. Well, It was good to read but wasn’t exciting enough for me to love it. I’ve read my fair share of vampire slayer novels and there’s nothing new in it but it was really entertaining to read.

Edie comes from a famous vampire slayers family named “The Harkers”. On her way to her home, Edie and her s
Meghan Lloyd
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a cool story, and the best part was that it really hit the ground running! From the first page, it grabbed me and kept me wanting to read until the last page. I'm so excited that I get to read the next book now, since it has already been made available to me.

Edie Harker is one of the last Harkers, the leaders of the vampire hunters. Armed with a magical sword tucked away in the skin of her hand, she battles the vampires. However, when her sister is killed and Edie is infected by a rogue
Heidi
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book via a giveaway on Reading For Fun.
I have always had a love for vampire hunters and the creatures they hunt. This book deepened my love for the lonely self sacrificing hunter.
The story is dark and gritty. It is not a happy sparkly love story. We get thrown right into the action with the horrible murder of her sister. Edie thrust into the role of Harker only has her love for her family that keeps her going. The book is fast paced and was full of action and suspense.
Edie was one b
C.E.
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome read! Erin Hayes does a wonderful job breathing fresh life into a vampire story. Thank you so much for doing so! Haha, I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something fun and different in the Vamp genre. ^^
Nisareen
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Darkness isn’t the absence of light; evil isn’t the absence of good. It doesn’t need the other to exist. It simply is. Having one who contains it is the only way of restraining it.”

Hailing from a long line of vampire hunters, Edie Mina Harker has spent the last five months hunting for the vampire who murdered her sister Meghan and infected Edie with a virus that is slowly killing her. Aided by a vampire named Jude, who has connections to the vampire underworld and who also happens to be in love
Kristen Burns
3 Stars

Full Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book via Xpresso Book Tours. This has in no way influenced my review.*

I didn't dislike this book, but I just never felt invested in it or connected to the characters.

One problem was the 1st person present POV. I think it backfired. It's my least favorite POV because, from my experiences, it's the hardest one for authors to do well. And in this case, the two characters sounded pretty much the same, and they didn't seem to have that much depth despit
Beverly Laude
As a lifelong lover of all things Vampire, I'm always on the lookout for a fresh take on this timeless tale. And, in "Damned if I Do", I've found it!

Edie Harker comes from a long line of vampire hunters, but never expects to have to take on the role as The Harker so soon. When her sister, Meghan, is killed by a vamp, Edie is thrust into the job. Add in the fact that Edie has been infected with a virus that will soon kill her and leave her 3 year old niece, Amelia, as The Harker, and you can see
George Hancocks
Damned if I do, by Erin Hayes

It was all a bit much for me. Leaving your heroine with her left arm half torn off following a massacre of evil vampires was just too much for me. Up until she lost her arm I was nicely following the plot, even though it was getting more and more outlandish. But when the vampire Anthony (who had previously killed her sister) launched his attack she lost me.

I must confess, however, that I am not generally a fan of vampire novels, and I picked this one up only out of c
Katie
Nov 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible

I was done by the 4th chapter. It's done in first person in both Edie and Jude. every sentence was "I did this and then I did this and then I quickly did this". It drove me bonkers!
The story follows Edie, a vampire slayer known as the harker, and Jude, a vampire with no memory. The beginning has her sister getting slaughtered by vamps and Edie is poisoned by a bad vampire who, as it turns out, wants to become the progenitor. To become this he has to drink her poisoned blood and kill the
Stephanie Herman
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Damned If I Do (The Harker Trilogy) by Erin Hayes.

This first installment of the trilogy is incredible. I literally could not put it down.

Edie is the new Harker, a vampire hunter. She watched her sister die a horrible death during a battle that she herself did not walk away from unscathed. The powers and title of Harker where passed down to her when her sister took her last breath. Now Edie is dying. But revenge must come first!

This author captivated me with action, suspense, mystery and love. Th
Amiana
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such an amazing start to a series. I am so in love with this author's work. All of the characters were instantly relatable and Hayes' fictional world was plausible. While reading this, I had an immediate urge to make a rock playlist. The main character, Edie was amazing. She is a freaking rock star and I've found myself wanting to relate to her by the way she projects herself. Unlovable, bitter, angry, crass and has an attitude and mouth that cannot be tamed by anyone including herself. ...more
Ola Adamska
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2017
We are put in the middle of action from first page and than for a bit action slows down, to race even faster.
Events are shocking sometimes, but it make reading even more enjoyable. Erin Hayes once again made my laugh and cry in her book!
Characters are full, each one different. Edie is a women that suddely gets Harker's power after her sisters death, and after it her life for sure is not easy to live. She's character that you will root for! I can promise.
Jude - vampire with amnesia. Who is he? Wh
Julie
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had no idea at first this book was re-released. I do like the new covers much better then the older ones and they are more fitting of the story. I'm suprised to find editing mistakes. To be honest, I'm not the type of person to notice these things. So if I'm seeing them, they are the blatantly obvious ones.

About the story, I really enjoyed it and I'm suprised. Because I liked it in the very beginning but then I was bored. I decided to finish it but wasn't going to pick up any of the other boo
T.
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
I downloaded Damned if I Do as a free book from Amazon. While I enjoy this author's writing, I am continually disappointed at the quality of the editing-- such a shame for this author not to be shown to her full potential. That aside, as with other books I've read by Hayes, the plot is good and I like the characters. Grammar nerds may have a hard time, but the average reader will probably give this writer a pass on the errors (which were few, but noticeable). There's a real lack of tension and e ...more
Miranda
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mobi-files
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Wow! This was awesome! This was my first time reading Erin Hayes and wow was I ever captivated! There is constant drama, action and suspense that fill this book so it's never a good time to put it down. Hayes' characters are not ones that are "in a bad situation but look on the bright side" types. These people live in a dark world and don't hold their breath for a brighter future. With that bring sad I love all the characters and l
Jan
Suspenseful and with lots of action, this book gives a rather different slant on the whole vampire scene and the role of the Harker family. The writing is absorbing and the characters are engaging. It really caught me and kept me reading when I should have been taking care of other things. No sense in giving a synopsis when the publisher's blurb takes care of that. I enjoyed it and highly recommend it.
Kristin James has a real talent for giving the characters definition and life.
This came as Whi
Skye Hegyes
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was an interesting take on vampires and the surpernatural world and our (mortals) interaction with it. I like that the Harkers were vampire hunters with abilities that allowed them to be, basically, Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. Also, the interaction between Edie and Jude was interesting. The fact that Jude couldn't remember who he was, but wanted to help Edie as much as possible was definitely interesting to see.
Bookish Addict
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this vampire book. It's not over romanticized and has all the action and blood and gore. Fantastic storyline with an ending I didn't see coming. Very little romance which was fine with me, but there's definitely tension and a connection between Edie and Jude. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the trilogy.
Fallen Into Tijan...: Damned If I Do by Erin Hayes [March] - (UTM™: Maraya) 3 8 Mar 05, 2018 03:04PM
Goodreads Librari...: Adding Alternate Cover 2 14 Mar 04, 2018 01:03AM
  • Karma (Drag.Me.To.Hell, #1)
  • Dying To Live & Fighting To Live - Double Edition
  • Witches in Wonderland (Wicked in Moonhaven #3)
  • Cookies, Curses, and Kisses (Blue Moon Bay, #1)
  • Of Blood and Magic
  • Endless Night (Dylan Hart, #2
  • Savior (Keepers of Hell, #1)
  • Locks: Rapunzel Unhinged
  • Blood Ties
  • Scattered Ashes (Ashes to Ashes, #1)
  • Pool of Crimson (Blushing Death #1)
  • Driven (The Warrior, #2)
  • Unearthed (The Heights, #2)
  • Broken (Scars and Sorrow Saga #1)
  • Hollow
  • A Fistful of Fire (A Madison Fox, #2)
  • A Sweet Affair (Atlanta Affair, #2)
  • Booke of the Hidden (Booke of the Hidden #1)
Sci-fi junkie, video game nerd, and wannabe manga artist Erin Hayes writes a lot of things. Sometimes she writes books.

She works as an advertising copywriter by day, and she's a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author by night. She has lived in New Zealand, Hawaii, Texas, Alabama, and now San Francisco with her husband, cat, and a growing collection of geek paraphernalia.

You can reach her

The Harker Trilogy (3 books)
  • Damned if I Don't
  • Damned Either Way (The Harker Trilogy #3)
“For anyone who was ever stuck in the position of, “Damned if I do, damned if I don’t”. Don’t lose hope.” 3 likes
“English is my second language," she says, "and your bad comebacks are still a little over the top, sweetie.” 1 likes