Start by marking “Aliens for Lunch” as Want to Read:
Aliens for Lunch

Aliens for Lunch

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  119 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Richard Bickerstaff and his friend Henry are prisoners on Grax, a hostile planet. Aric, their tiny alien friend, has been taken from them--perhaps forever. And now they're eating lunch in a Graxian jail, face to face with a Turinga Death Machine! Can life get any more dangerous? Kids will love this very funny Stepping Stones HUMOR title!
Published April 9th 1991 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published April 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Aliens for Lunch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aliens for Lunch

Drew
Oct 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those books that shaped my childhood, made me dream about little spacemen coming out of my afternoon snacks and taking me on wild intergallactic space adventures. Basic premise? Kids fight aliens. Need I say more?

Very tongue and cheek (and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible). I remember really liking the pictures (those black and white sketches that take up a page). Whoever did the artwork gave the characters a lot of personality and life, and I probably wouldn't
Shakea Althea Conyers
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading the science fiction short children's novel"Aliens for lunch" by authors Stephine Spencer & Johnathan Etra, I feel in love with the two main characters friendship. This book is for age groups 7 and up. To summarize this book , this book is about a relationship between two friend named Henry and Richard. Richard and Henry help an alien friend named Aric save the world. They also go to another galaxy on a wacky wild adventure. I rated this book five stars. The plot and the charac ...more
Monica Lomeli
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Impression: Creates imagination for kids, like aliens coming out of sandwiches.
Impact: Perfect easy reading for 3rd who are beginning to immature especially boy, but perfect for anyone to read, also loving friendship of two friends.
Constructive Opinion: The sense of a stomach ace when reading the crazy adventures two friwnds face in a disgusting world of aliens in your stomach.
Two Literary Elements: Beginning chapter readers:easy, humorous and interactive with readers.
Two Designed Elements:
Carol
This is a sequel of Aliens for Breakfast.

The title suggests rooms for imagination for kids - like aliens coming out of sandwiches and drink and take them on a journey to the universe. Yet I am too old to be into the story. I can hardly find it funny.

Why do I read it? I read it for the classroom.

I guess we can ask students to write another sequel for the story - like Aliens for Brunch, Aliens for teatime, Aliens for appetizer, Aliens on the Menu, Aliens for Snacks, Aliens for Tea At Midnight, A
Andrew Foster
Grade Level: 3rd to 5th

This was a very easy read. The plot is simple; two young boys help an alien save dessert which in turn prevents Earth from being attacked. The book has some humor and interesting one-liners. I can see this book keeping students interest.

There is not much to the book, but I could use it to cover the components of a story: setting, characters, plot, and theme. The book contains dialogue as well. I could integrate the concepts of science fiction into teaching about the compon
Brandi
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this quick, short chapter book great for transitional readers, Richard Bickerstaff and his alien friend Aric, along with Richard's human friend Henry, are back to save the Earth, this time from an eternity of bad desserts. After the boys are taken prisoners on another planet and forced to eat a disgusting lunch in the alien jail, they must escape and thwart the greedy, hostile Graxians foul plan for intergalactic war. Illustrated.
Rachael Caisedo
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a really cute book for second or third grade students. It is a great book for introducing the Science Fiction genre. For a classroom lesson I would do a character analysis because a lot of detail is given about the characters in the book. I would have students complete a Venn Diagram, comparing and contrasting the characters. Then, I would have them write a short descriptive essay about a character of their choice.
Megan
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
This fun book about saving the Earth's desserts, is a funny and very entertaining story about a human family stuck in an alien world. The main characters are stuck in an alien jail, forced to eat bad desserts that is alien food. This is a charming story that children will love.
Carla
Apr 26, 2016 rated it liked it
There were some 5-star humor moments, but overall a 3-star story. I was impressed that it kept my 4-year-old grandson's attention for all 60 pages; a great story for young boys.
Kimberly
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
super fun read-aloud with the kids!
Kelly
Nov 20, 2008 added it
Shelves: childrens
A fun adventure. A really easy read. A good one for book reports.
Laura Brownlee
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
My 7 year old enjoyed this series (breakfast lunch and dinner).
Caterpickles
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the second episode of what I think of as the Aliens for Sustenance series, Richard Bickerstaff and his friend Henry have been taken prisoner on the planet Grax. Can Aric save them?
Violet Goldberg
Jul 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
I just don't like aliens and I don't really want to read this book.
Chiara B
Anne Marie
May 02, 2015
Spacemanspiff
Mar 24, 2011
JG (The Introverted Reader)
Apr 28, 2017
Feb 09, 2016
Ghalia Al-Sulaiti
May 25, 2012
m murphy
rated it did not like it
Aug 23, 2015
Jul 07, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I was born in Davenport, Iowa, and grew up in Rockaway Beach, New York. I read straight through my childhood, with breaks for food, sleep, and the bathroom. I went to college in Bennington, Vermont, moved to New York City, and took a job in publishing so I could get paid for reading. I read so much bad fiction that I needed a break, so I moved to London, and from there I traveled to Morocco, Iran, ...more
More about Stephanie Spinner