Start by marking “Unforgiven” as Want to Read:
Unforgiven

Unforgiven

Would you live a lie to hold onto the one you love?

Dean and Jason are best friends, like brothers since boyhood, now architecture students and college roommates. They’ve always had each other’s back, but when one walks in on the other with another man, everything changes. How do you explain to your best friend that he’s the one you’ve always wanted, that until now your lif
Published March 9th 2017 by Clampett Studio

To ask other readers questions about Unforgiven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unforgiven

~lil maso~
Feb 26, 2017 ~lil maso~ rated it it was amazing

. . . . Words have kind of left me. My heart is so full of hurt, sadness, anger and of course, love, so much love. I fought with the rating on this, but in the end, I am a total mess, all the feels, good, bad and downright ugly and still floating around and leaving me in a bit of a funk, therefore, this deserves nothing less than 5 stars.

When I saw the teaser for this come across my blog, I was like "YES! I need this!" and somehow convinced my bestie, Ang from PNR Book Lover Reviews to buddy
Donna
Feb 27, 2017 Donna rated it it was amazing

This is a hard story to review without giving anything away. There are few authors that have me hanging on every word. But, there are even fewer authors that make me believe I am actually living in every word. It's real, it's raw, it's simply perfection. One of the most emotionally consuming, intense, passionate books I have read. There just aren't words in the human language to express the feelings I am currently experiencing. And, this is absolutely an experience. Ruth Clampett, your writing i
Lelyana
1 this is not supposed to called MM book and I need a trigger warning that there's MF sex scenes ON PAGE outnumbered the MM sex scenes star.

DNF at 50% mark.

I just... CAN'T...

When the book offered to me to read and it labeled as MM book, I didn't expect that some on page MF sex crowding until 40 percent mark of this book.
I didn't mind the trigger with the priest in the past, but what made me having a vertigo while reading, was the sex scenes! This is not an MM I used to read.
The sex between th
Aɤɩ
Mar 04, 2017 Aɤɩ rated it liked it
3 stars

This was very mediocre. The writing was average at best, and Dean annoyed me in the beginning, and James annoyed be after 50% mark.

Complete review to come.

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Jason and Dean have been best friends since they were little boys growing up on the same street in Boise, Idaho.
Now they're in their last year of college - they want to run their own architect firm afterwards.
But suddenly everything is different.

What do you do when your best friend - who you always thought was the biggest ladies man ever - turns out to be gay? And not only that...he's kind of in lust/love with you?
And you're straight.
But suddenly all those erotic moments where you spied on your
Pianka *call me PIU*
Mar 04, 2017 Pianka *call me PIU* rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m

Best friends to lovers trope are one of my favorites and I never pass on any story based on them so needless to say I was looking forward to this book. But I really did not like how the story progressed or concluded. My main problem was with Dean’s character. His contradictory attitude most of the time towards ‘gay’ people really put me off. I know I am in the minority here with my ratings but I seriously don’t know how to love a character if he spouts ‘stereotypical, offensive homophob
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 09, 2017 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it really liked it
description

‘I’m not sure that I can be strong enough for the both of us, but if he can find strength, together we may have a chance.’

When we heard Ruth Clampett was writing an MM story we jumped at the chance to read it as we’ve enjoyed previous books by this Author and love our MM books. We loved that she ventured into a new genre and the synopsis sounded fabulous.

‘There’s a part of me that wants to give up. I’m so tired of Earth’s gravity pulling me down when all I want to do is fly far away.’

Once again
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

5 Be-still-my-bleeding-heart Stars!

photo 015DB839-999A-4DDA-9267-F20D912A41FB_zps2k4orkdf.gif

Unforgiven is the first book I've read by Ruth Clampett. I'd read the blurb and it promised quite the emotional, sometimes graphic read with one of the MCs being the victim of sexual abuse by his parish priest. In all things emotional and heart-wrenching, this author did not disappoint and I'll definitely look into the other books she's written.

Jason and Dean are seniors in college, majoring in architecture. Best friends since grade school, they do everything
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***FULL REVIEW***

5 COMPLETE PACKAGE CROWNS

My mind has been blown away by Ruth Clampett's first MM novel. It was a beautiful and tragic romance between two best friends who finally realize there is more for them with each other.

Jason and Dean owned my heart and soul, and I broke for them and rejoiced in their happiness. What makes this story different than other books that I have read in this genre is Jason's back story. Jason is incredibly damaged, and he has been damaged by people he should hav
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 09, 2017 Gitte TotallyBookedBlog rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017

Once again
Kim
Mar 05, 2017 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
3.5 to 4 stars

This is a best-friends-to-lovers-to-love story, but it is not an easy one. Dean and Jason have been best friends since they were kids, but Jason has been harboring secrets. When Dean stumbles upon Jason in a compromising position with a football player, he begins to question everything about Jason, their friendship, and even himself. He thought he knew everything about Jason, but now feels lied to. And the more troubling for Dean is the fact that even though he has always been with
Laxmama
Mar 12, 2017 Laxmama rated it it was ok
2.5 STARS. this was my first book from this author and the story had great basis but for me did not go there. First there were so many issues to deal with- real ones all compounding making the whole situation convoluted. Also a bit over the top. Next was the writing - again this was for me it was a bit too harsh & rubbed me wrong. Personally no issues w M/F or M/M mixed so that did not detract from the book. Lastly I needed more of a real connection together not separate
Dara Nelson
Feb 25, 2017 Dara Nelson rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-of-2017
Okay. I kind of feel like this should come with a reward, a high five for getting through. Not because it was bad, not at all. It's because it was hard, really, really hard to read this. But bad things happen in life to good people and you can't look away just because it's hard to see it. And once I began to know Jason I felt like I owed it to him to see him to the end of his story no matter how hard it was. And I did, without stopping. I couldn't. I had to see the end. And though it was one of ...more
Mazmum
Mar 04, 2017 Mazmum rated it liked it
Book Review - Unforgiven by Ruth Clampett - 3 ‘Where’s the Depth’ Stars

As a long time lover of M/M love stories and a huge advocate of UK mass signings, I was happy to read a new to me author who will be in London next year, on her first foray into writing M/M.

Unfortunately, a high proportion of this review is going to be saying what didn’t work for me as well as what did.

Firstly I will say, and this will work either way depending on what you like, there is a huge proportion of sex in this story
Alicia

I had a big long rant planned out for this book, but I realise I can't actually be bothered and would like to just forget about it and move on. This absolutely did not work for me, so I'll just pinpoint a few major reasons why without to much detail. Beware though these would likely be seen by some as spoilers, but for me they are tags I would have preferred to know before going in as then I could have avoided this book. So continue at your own risk.

(view spoiler)
LostInPA
Feb 21, 2017 LostInPA rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book and I'm in a total book hangover. Ruth has blown me away yet again. I totally fell in love with Jason and Dean, almost from the first. I say almost from the first because for a few chapters, I was so annoyed with Dean...in my head, I was yelling at him!

It's always desired, but rare that a book takes you on the journey that this one takes you on. Your heart hurts, you bleed a little, you soar, laugh and want to cry at times with both joy and heartache. Jason's strength i
Em D.
Mar 27, 2017 Em D. rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
Had to force myself to finish this because a lot of it was so problematic and cringeworthy. Slightly improved near the end, but not enough for me to care.
Anne Milne
Mar 11, 2017 Anne Milne rated it liked it
This is a book of two halves for me amd I didn't feel that the two halves fit together seamlessly.

I love friends to lovers romance it doesn't matter what the gender of the charcters it's one of my favourite genres. Even though Dean and Jason have been friends for years sexually I just didn't feel that connection between them as friends yes but as lovers sadly not. There is a lot of sex in the first half of the book but that's not a problem for me it was just that some of the scenes felt very mec
Lucia
Mar 14, 2017 Lucia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
4.5. A little on the long side but I loved it. Dean was a bit of an ass sometimes but him and Jason were super hot together.
Elli~iris
Feb 20, 2017 Elli~iris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Jason and Dean are best friends and have been since they were kids. They do everything together. They make it through growing up in Boise, Idaho. They head to college together as architecture students in Utah. They are roommates. Best mates. They have dreams of having their own Company where they can build and create together. Who could have imagined that there could be more? That they could want and have more?

One of them has always wanted more but he keeps his secret out of fear of losing his
Maïwenn - Obsessed with Romance
Feb 27, 2017 Maïwenn - Obsessed with Romance rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
Amazing read. A-MA-ZING!

As always I won't sum up the book, I'll just give you my honest opinion! :)

The first half of this book* is off the charts hot and addictive.
It is mostly a back and forth situation. I usually feel so fustrated about that but it was so well written, I was just compelled to read to know what would happen. It didn't feel like it was dragging, it was a slow exploration of their feelings.
The building attraction between our two protagonists is so thick that when the time comes
Katherine Bongo-bridge
Feb 25, 2017 Katherine Bongo-bridge rated it it was amazing
*I received an arc for an honest review*

I only came across the name Ruth Clampett a week ago when I discovered she was one of authors that would be attending a UK book signing in February 2018. I was even more excited when I found out that she was releasing an M/M story!
I do love my m/m books, so I was delighted to receive an arc of Unforgiven - a new author + M/M = one amazing read!

Within the first few paragraphs I just loved Ruth's writing style, it had be hooked straight away and I really f
Romance Readers Retreat
Mar 09, 2017 Romance Readers Retreat rated it really liked it
Ruth Clampett is a new author for me and though I have some issues with this book, overall I enjoyed the book as a whole and will definitely give her other books a read. I understand this is the authors first step into the M/M genre and I have to say I think she has done a pretty good job. Though I think it is fair to point out that the book does also contain some M/F scenes that may deter some from reading as they like their M/M to be just that but they are critical to the overall story IMO.

I’
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Feb 26, 2017 Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews rated it it was amazing
Jo-The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
OMG!! This was hands down one of the hottest books that I have ever read. It was so hot that I felt as though I was on fire whilst reading it, especially the first half of the story, which was off the charts smokin' hot. Not only was "Unforgiven" insanely erotic, it was also a gorgeous tale of friends to lovers M/M romance. Ruth Clampett did good with this novel.

"We're two friends just fucking around...experimenting.
It wouldn't be the end of our friendship,
or would it?"

The story centres ar
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Apr 08, 2017 Dawn Nicole Costiera rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS!!
Ruth Clampett did an excellent job with her first m/m romance. Unforgiven has everything you could want in an an m/m book... it's extreme emotional, but it's also loaded with sweetness and heat. Best friends to lovers.... I totally fell in love with Jason & Dean. Two guys who have been a constant in each other's lives since they were just kids....

Jason is one of the sweetest, broken boys I have ever read. You can not fathom what he's been through. Anyone else would have crumbled l
Amanda
Just can't do it anymore. Every character is a douche with zero redeeming qualities. I'm out.
Mar 05, 2017 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jason and Dean’s journey isn’t one that I will soon forget. Friends from childhood, they shared a special bond, binding them together as brothers. Each broken in their own right, leaning on one another when they couldn’t stand on their own. Their reality perfectly illustrating that broken doesn’t have to mean the end, but simply that cracks can be the path necessary to let the light in. We watch them struggle, and let me tell you that struggle is real. I felt it. Ms. Clampet has written a beauti ...more
Dani Hodge
Mar 01, 2017 Dani Hodge rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVED THIS BOOK!

Honestly, I couldn't put this book down, it was that good. Way better then anything I read before in the M/M genre, and this is now in the top 5 of my favorite M/M reads!

Jason and Dean have stolen my heart, and they are sexy as all sin together. Ugh I can't brag about this book enough!

If you love a good M/M book, I can't recommend Unforgiven enough! And if you haven't read a M/M book yet, and have an open mind I again highly recommend this book!

**ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHAN
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4 'All In' Hearts!

Fave Quote:

Like anything wonderful built over time, we are perfectly imperfect and whole.
Ruth Clampett is a 21st century woman, aspiring to be Wonder Woman…now if she could only find her cape and magic lasso. Meanwhile she’s juggling motherhood, a full-time job running her own art business, and writing romance late at night. Travel is her second obsession after writing, and it’s enabled her to meet reader and writer friends all over the world. She’s happily frazzled, and wouldn’t chan ...more
More about Ruth Clampett...