Start by marking “No Rest for the Wicked” as Want to Read:
No Rest for the Wicked

No Rest for the Wicked

Since her release from the psychiatric facility and into the smothering guardianship of her aunt, twenty-one-year-old psychic Tatum Torabi has been sneaking away to sell curses and plagues in the underground, a black market known for illegal and supernatural wares.

Tatum’s unique abilities catch the attention of a hella-creepy trash peddler who offers her a job tracking do
Published May 10th 2017 by The Narcissistic Rose

To ask other readers questions about No Rest for the Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Rest for the Wicked

Stephanie Bain
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
!!!!! I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review! !!!!

Okay. I'll just say i really enjoyed it!!! There were so many interesting aspects to this novel!

-the magic and its world
-the main character Tatum is amazing
-the interactions with the characters
-the idea and plot had me hooked from the beginning

What i feel should of been expanded more

-the underground and everything that ties with it
-a little more background in certain areas of the story

But seriously i really enjoyed it! I
Jodi Perkins
No Rest for the Wicked is not my preferred genre of novel, but I gave this one a chance because I'm familiar with this author and enjoy her style of writing. I'm so glad I did! While I did struggle through a couple scenes that were a little bloody (I'm a total wuss), the novel overall was a very entertaining read. Krystal does such a wonderful job of fleshing out Tatum's abilities, revealing them little by little in a way that leaves the reader feeling curious and awed. Some of my favorite scene ...more
Tonja Drecker
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A bit of darkness, touches of magic and tons of action make this an exciting read the whole way through.

Tatum has had a bit of a troubled past and wants nothing more than to finally have her independence. So she bends the rules where she can, and soon finds herself in tons more trouble than she ever bargained with.

Tatum isn't always well-behaved, but she has the best intentions and a heart of gold. She's a true heroine, one which simply has a few sharp edges and corners, and makes a couple of mi
Majanka
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/reviews/...

No Rest for the Wicked has the kind of book blurb I can’t resist. Psychics selling curses in underground black markets, dark pasts, tough choices, just reading the blurb I wanted to read the book. I did enjoy the story, but I didn’t fall in love with it. I wasn’t always too fond of the writing nor the characters.

I did like Tatum, though. She suffered through a horrible past, but she didn’t let it stop her. She was str
Laurie
This imaginative Urban Fantasy features a heroine with an unusually potent skill set. I thought the supporting characters, too were particularly suited to the eerie setting and the overall feeling of decay and malfeasance that dominated the situations into which Tatum was drawn.

I loved the chemistry between Emmerick and Tatum, and between Tatum and her cousins. I thought the secondary antagonist stole several scenes. It was so easy to visualize him - grimy, odorous, and sleazy, truly repulsive.
Elizabeth Shelley
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

This is a very different book than anything I have read before and I appreciate that difference. She could have made this into two books and still been a good read. I will be looking forward to more books from this author.
Michelle Athy
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books
This debut novel was such a thrill ride! Tatum is a psychic, but she's troubled by both her abilities and her dark past. She wants more independence, but instead, she's confronted by all these dark supernatural creatures, her own abilities, mysteries of the past, and so many cool characters and twists and turns. Not only is this novel very well plotted and well written, it's so inventive! The underground marketplace was so cool; I could almost see a short story set just in those scenes!
Lisa Eiff
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. This is the first book I've read by this author, and her writing is wonderful. If you are a fan of supernatural literature and urban fantasy, then you should definitely check this book out.
Karla
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! There is such a lovely dark theme throughout that I find really entertaining (sucker for it). If you're looking for a read that's full of magic, creativity, and fun characters to follow, then I highly recommend this book.
A.J. Norris
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a quirky interesting tale about a young woman with psychic abilities who can create curses that she sells at an underground magic black market. Tatum is a likable heroine and tougher than she believes. Despite her dark past she is able to rise above everything she has seen and done.

There are several twists and surprises in No Rest For the Wicked that keep you enthralled in the story. This is clean book and suitable for the YA audience. I enjoyed this book and hope this is the start of a
Donna Thompson
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-read
I was utterly amazed by this new author, one I had not heard of before, but that will definitely be on my "must-read" list from now on. This was a wonderful book, with interesting and unique characters that just grabbed me. I stand in awe of the fact that a new author can write a book that's so flawless in every way - from the beautiful cover, to the fascinating plot, to the believable and smooth-flowing dialogue, to the final, perfect ending - it's just astonishing. I'm not sure if the author p ...more
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
No Rest for the Wicked starts out teasing your imagination about a graphic event that destroyed Tatum’s family leaving her the sole survivor. The event is briefly described with snatches of flashbacks but the whole story was not given. As you read on pieces are given to the overall story that unfurl themselves at the right moment to captivate your imagination. With each piece that is added to the puzzle you are drawn further in to this story. I loved that! I could not predict where the story was ...more
Samantha Thee
Jul 25, 2017
T.
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta-prize
I received No Rest For the Wicked as a free copy from the author. The gifting did not determine the review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion.

This novel had an interesting story line, although, at times it felt almost too ambitious with so many things happening and too many coincidences. It is rare to have a main character who was institutionalized and has a fear of being sent back if she missteps-- on the other hand, if the fear was so overwhelming, I'd have to wonder if she'd have taken
Emma
rated it did not like it
Jun 29, 2017
Brandi
Jeanna Massman
Dianne Casey
May 11, 2017
Krystal is the author of supernatural and paranormal fiction, living in the Tennessee Valley with a collection of swords and daggers. When she's not hoarding stuffed pandas, hourglasses, and Hello Kitty replicas, she can be found in a YouTube hole or blogging about books, writing, and random things at KrystalSquared.net.