Start by marking “A Flare of Power (Jaylior, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Flare of Power (Jaylior, #2)

A Flare of Power

(Jaylior #2)

How would you feel if you were gifted to wield nature’s greatest power?

Ever since Haylie found out she was a Natural—the rarest human species in existence—she was determined to find out about the ability she should have. The problem—she had no clue how. What made things worse was that Dylan, the man who'd dared her to come anywhere near him, was now her trainer and eager t
Published December 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Flare of Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Flare of Power

Angie
Everything about me was always different or unique or special, or whatever the others called it. Couldn't I be normal, for once? --Haylie, a Natural

5 stars!

I really, really, REALLY enjoyed this sequel!! This series is unique in its world-building and 'rules' and terminology and super badass characters. FLARE OF POWER picks up pretty much where FLARE OF HOPE left off, with Haylie struggling to understand her newfound abilities while still dealing with the fallout and guilt of Shawna and Ricky's
Chrissi
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
This author just keeps getting better and better!! I have read all of her work, and believe me if you haven't then you really need to!!
This is the second book in this series, and well WOW !! The characters continue to grow and develop and storyline flows so beautifully, before you know it you will be screaming at your device, something along the lines of....'NOOOOOO WHERE IS IT?? DID YOU EAT IT??' True story...not proud ...lol
I am dying for book 3!! Please dont make us wait long!!!
Kate
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this series! No Insta-love here!
Erzsebet
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jaylior
Cannot put this series down! One of my favorites! Finished all three within a 24 hour period.
Kjersti
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Such a great and well written story. I love the characters and the way this book is written. Can’t wait to read the next book.
Alisha Utesch
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think matching the greatness of book 1 was possible, but Elodie has done it and beyond! I loved the growth all the characters had, especially Dylan and Haylie. They are getting closer to figuring each other out and I love the slow burn of their relationship. Their attraction is described so well, it's almost tangible.

My favorite scene would have to be when Haylie first is practicing with her power and gets trapped on Dylan. I giggled quite a bit.

I'm definitely rooting for this couple, a
Mom
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Slow burn in the best way

I discovered throughout series by accident and am so glad I did, even if it did leave me with a love hate relationship of the cliffhanger ending. I loved the unique twist on a world of supernatural and all the relationships and character building that have gone into the series. I downloaded the book the same day it was released and finished then too...kind of wishing I'd dragged it out a bit now. Can't wait for the next one!
H.L. Girton
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am not disappointed in the least bit. This book topped the first one. Its hard to pull off a second book that is better than the first, and this author has done it. I picked up book two immediately after I finished the first one in the series. I just had to know what happened. It kept me completely intrigued and I am officially invested in the outcome of Haylie and Dylan. I can't wait to find out more! If you haven't read this series yet, what are you waiting for!?
Kaylee Surges
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one even more than the first! The author puts a lot of emotion into her characters and you can really feel how they do. I will say I'm not to sure how I feel about the main pairing. I don't usually struggle with that but for some reason they don't seem like a good fit to me. They are almost too different in their personalities and it makes it difficult for me to ship them.
Tiera McMillian
May 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sorry I just can’t get into this. The main reason is Dylan. I just don’t like him. Not even a little. I find myself skipping through his chapters just because I can’t stand reading his thoughts they are so shallow and at times insulting. Can’t do this series if the “hero” acts and thinks like a zero.
Nicole Bates
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Exciting

4 stars because it always keeps my interest. Dylan is a bad boy wanting to be good for her. She's a Natural and doesn't want to be used for the rush. Can they make it work? Off to the next book to find out.
Clare
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoying the characters and the story but writing isn’t the best and the flow seems stilted. Still I look forward to the next in the series.
Tanya
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Her awakening is coming up quickly but she does not know that. She must find out what she can do. Will she succeed? What will happen when the event takes place? Read to find out
Naomi Webb
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This storyline is just... wow I can’t articulate how amazing the character development is and the plot, the twists and turns... read it in a day! Loved it <3
Gabrielle
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was just as great as the last! I got to see how Dylan and Haylie handled living in the compound with each other, especially after what happened in book 1. I was really interested in how it turned out because I know the author writes in one of my favorite genres: slow-burn romance. Well, all I can say, without giving too much away, is that the story did not disappoint!

I thought Haylie’s power was very unique and unexpected. I’ve never heard of that power and I am so excited to learn mo
Jac
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
A Flare of Power builds on book one in every single regard!

Haylie really starts to come into her own here. We see more of her inner strength playing with her desire to protect her friends, the regret she feels over the life lost she feels responsible for and her fears about why she's being hunted. Do they want to use her or simply end her? Haylie’s ability blew my mind, it's something totally unexpected but, with hindsight, is completely obvious and I love that I never could have predicted it!

On
Apr 12, 2018
Michelle
May 14, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Hybrid steamy romance author with a talent for using different approaches and creating new stories that go beyond simple billionaire stories, living in Vienna/Austria, book lover, movie freak, music hoarder, guitar & piano player, chocolate junkie, Café Latte addict, and biggest fan of Stephanie Hudson – author of the epic Afterlife Saga

Get APPION, book#0.5 of the Jaylior Series for free here

Jaylior (4 books)
  • Appion (Jaylior, #0.5)
  • A Flare of Hope (Jaylior, #1)
  • A Flare Of Sorrow (Jaylior, #3)