Start by marking “Elemental Lies (Essential Elements, #2)” as Want to Read:
Elemental Lies (Essential Elements, #2)

Elemental Lies

(Essential Elements #2)

Valerie Moore is an Elemental, a person who commands one of the classical elements of wind, water, fire, or earth. She’s special, though. She controls two—fire and water—though sometimes it seems like they control her.

After the accidental exposure of Elementals to humanity, Valerie finds herself—and all of her kind—struggling to attain equality. Three different groups figh
Published January 18th 2017 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about Elemental Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elemental Lies

Renée
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elemental Lies is the second book in The Essential Elements series by Elle Middaugh.

I really enjoyed the first book, but the second is definitely my favourite so far, as the characters and storyline were more developed.

Valerie again has challenges which she must face, with the elemental groups at battle and decisions that she needs to make, can she work out the truth?

I highly recommend Elemental Secrets and can’t wait for the third book Elemental Betrayal.
books are love
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall like the book. I like the plot and story line. I like the way the characters set aside differences to do what is right and stop bad from taking over and hurting others.

Valerie still frustrated the heck out of me. she is still self absorbed at times. i didn’t like how treats some people. she also flitted with emotions and didn’t consider the consequences. for instance she is placed in a power struggle and ends up having to do something to keep peace but she gets angry when that backfires
Giselle
Dec 21, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: open-to-requests
Free review copies (of both Books 1 & 2) can be requested here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA...
Tonja Drecker
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Struggles from many different sides make this a read full of unexpected twists and turns.

The world has changed. Now, each group of Elementals is fighting to find their place and all have their own secret plans to gain power. Valerie is caught up in between, not sure which side she should join. But one thing is clear, she needs to set aside all differences and take the help of her comrades to stop a much greater evil.

There's a lot going on in these pages, and it's a lovely play of shades of gray
Keryn
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is awesome!! Definitely read book one first if you haven't already. Val discovers her life isn't as she thought. She suddenly has elemental powers. Unlike everyone else that has one, for some reason she has two. Family she'd never known suddenly appear. She learns shocking truths about her parents, and oh yea a war is a brewing among the factions of elementals. Are her friends truly her friends? Who can she trust? Can she trust her instincts, or should she go on faith alone? In no wa ...more
Jackie
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow another amazing book in this intriguing fantasy series. Once you start reading, it’s hard to stop. Love any books by this author
Laura LoveMuffin
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind blown y'all! 🤯😍🤯😍🤯 Just, holy wow, so many feels in this one! Val's story has yet to disappoint me. To say I'm biting my nails in anticipation of the next book is an understatement!
Emmyjo
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So yes this was just wow. The quick paced adventure. And it was a scary one for Val, friends and family. In this book it continues on from the aftermath of book 1. Where you didn't know if friends, family, neighbors or foes were alive or dead. For me I feel that Val learned so much but not enough. Now Val had to eventually go home from her hideaway. But what they find are everyone is on a side and not a good or bad side. and humans are more afraid now then ever of different humans. Val finds Sie ...more
Izzy  Hix
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Change

So much happened in this book it is hard to remember it all. There was love, pain, betrayal, and lots and lots of action. Feels very YA in content but not writing style. Excellent series!
Courtney  (Book Crazy Lady)
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.***

This book picked up right where the last one left off. It was another great book by Elle Middaugh. I fell in love with this series because it was so different from what I have read. There aren't really many books that have elemental inspiration within them.

Valerie ... She is still trying to figure out which group she should join or even if she shouldn't join any. She was away after the big fight at the end of book 1 and her entire world ha
Tracey
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
*This ARC was received in exchange for an honest review*

This is the story of Valerie Moore, who is an Elemental of Fire and Water, but now that the rest of humanity are aware of these kind, she is struggling to know which side is safest to be on.
The she meets up again with another elemental Cade Landston, but he has a mission of his own to hunt down her grandfather and then there is Holden who helping his father run the Modernist group.
In this we see quite a bit of action with the Elementals, bu
Charlotte
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Elemental Lies' ( Essential Elements #2 )
By Elle Middaugh.

Review in short.
* 5/5 stars for me.
* Fab plot. Developed very well.
* Lots of action.
* Love triangle ( Yes one of sorts... )

LOVED IT!! Brilliant second book in the Elemental series. Again I found it had me from page one. I found I kept reading just busting to see what was going to happen next!

In this second installment, we see lots of action between Elementals.
Lots of lies. No one knows who to trust. We see characters that we fell in love
Michelle Fritz PA
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this second book!! Valerie is so much more likable and we can truly connect to her 💗 I love that she is more comfortable with her self. She has these huge decisions to make in a world that has forever been changed where nothing and no one is quite what it should be. We see the return of the major characters and the plot thickens as it takes a twisty path. She make better choices in her love life as well and I couldn't be more happier!! I still have so many thoughts and questions that book ...more
Tiffany Copple
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is such a good book . Val is really coming into her powers in this book. She is actually a badass when she needs to be . There are some shockers with who is actually on who’s side . Now I really need the next book . I can not find anything on when it is to come out . So if you like to have the whole series before you start one then just add this to your TBR list for now .
Mona  Brown
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Winner

What can I say besides wow. I thought the first book was exciting but this one just ratcheted it up. We have family secrets, friends who we really don't know and more questions that need answers to.
Great story with twists and turns that will make it hard to put down
Morgan Davis
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gah!

I did NOT see that coming! Obviously, looking back, all the signs were there. Elle did such a good job pulling me into the story, I didn't even think about what twists might be up ahead. Cannot wait for book 3!!
Cassie Starkel
Brilliant

This book was captivating just like the first one. I could stop turning the pages. I am in love with Cade, Holden, heck all off them honestly.
Rachel Lynn Miller
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Book 2 of the Essential Elements Series. I can't wait for Book 3 Elemental Betrayal. I have essentially fallen in love with the characters of this series. It is a must read!
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want more.

I absolutely can't wait for the next book to come out. This book is much better than the first. The characters keep on getting better.
Maria Vickers
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Elemental Lies by Elle Middaugh is the follow up to her book Elemental Secrets. I was really looking forward to this book after the way book 1 ended, and while the book was good, I felt like it was missing something that the initial book had. Don't get me wrong, I still recommend it, but it seemed like it was a little off in the construction. That could be because it is another cliff hanger and there will be another book in the series though.

In this one we follow Val and the havoc the discovery
Brittany Smith
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At the end of book 1 Valerie learned that not only was she an Elemental but she holds sway over 2 elements-very rare indeed! Book 2 picks up straight from where we left off and it’s even more gripping than its predecessor.

We get a fuller, more in depth description of Elemental politics and lifestyles. Along the road we get to know the characters more and new favourites crop up and others disappoint. The insight into the past which reveals present problems is fed to us perfectly and is done in a
Agata Jędrzejewska
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
So many lies, some many misleads. Secrets and not small ones. Bombs, battles, deaths, betrayals. When you are unsure whom you should trust, then you trust just yourself. Valerie is understanding and getting hold of her powers. She is getting hold of her life as well. This series is amazing, it’s not predictable, plot is simply awesome, you read it out of breath. I had trouble getting in action trough first quarter of the book, but this part of book was really needed to understand further situati ...more
Veronica Prowant
Fan-freaking-tastic

Elle Middaugh does not disappoint. From plot twists and turns to character development, she is a literary artist. This book was phenomenal, better than the first. I cannot tell you how many times I was thrown for a loop by a revelation that this friend or that was really not. And I'm totally all for the romantic additives. I love these characters, and cannot wait to see what's next.
Krista
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
After the exposure of Val, all immortals are left in danger. She flees with her cousin and two other trusted friends. When they finally do return their world as they know it is different. Humans know about immortals and their are rules.

Val tries to map this and be cohesive with humans but at every turn thee is an obstacle.

This was an ok read for me. I found fault with every obstacle an easy solution for Val.
Jessica
Apr 30, 2019
Preetha
May 14, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Beta Reader Group: YA Contemporary Fantasy Romance - complete 86k novel 5 32 Jun 10, 2017 04:04PM
Elle Middaugh lives in the Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania, with her wonderful husband and three beautiful children. She spends most of her time raising kids, writing stories, playing video games, reading, and attempting to keep a clean house.

She’s a proud Navy wife, a frazzle-brained mother, a fan of health and fitness, a lover of hot tea and iced tea, and a believer in happily ever afters

Essential Elements (2 books)
  • Elemental Secrets (Essential Elements, #1)