Start by marking “Elemental Lies (Essential Elements, #2)” as Want to Read:
Elemental Lies (Essential Elements, #2)

Elemental Lies (Essential Elements #2)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Valerie Moore is an Elemental, a person who commands one of the classical elements of wind, water, fire, or earth. She’s special, though. She controls two—fire and water—though sometimes it seems like they control her.

After the accidental exposure of Elementals to humanity, Valerie finds herself—and all of her kind—struggling to attain equality. Three different groups figh
Published January 18th 2017 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about Elemental Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elemental Lies

Giselle
Dec 21, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: open-to-requests
Free review copies (of both Books 1 & 2) can be requested here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA...
books are love
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall like the book. I like the plot and story line. I like the way the characters set aside differences to do what is right and stop bad from taking over and hurting others.

Valerie still frustrated the heck out of me. she is still self absorbed at times. i didn’t like how treats some people. she also flitted with emotions and didn’t consider the consequences. for instance she is placed in a power struggle and ends up having to do something to keep peace but she gets angry when that backfires
Tonja Drecker
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Struggles from many different sides make this a read full of unexpected twists and turns.

The world has changed. Now, each group of Elementals is fighting to find their place and all have their own secret plans to gain power. Valerie is caught up in between, not sure which side she should join. But one thing is clear, she needs to set aside all differences and take the help of her comrades to stop a much greater evil.

There's a lot going on in these pages, and it's a lovely play of shades of gray
Courtney  (Book Crazy Lady)
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.***

This book picked up right where the last one left off. It was another great book by Elle Middaugh. I fell in love with this series because it was so different from what I have read. There aren't really many books that have elemental inspiration within them.

Valerie ... She is still trying to figure out which group she should join or even if she shouldn't join any. She was away after the big fight at the end of book 1 and her entire world ha
Maria Vickers
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Elemental Lies by Elle Middaugh is the follow up to her book Elemental Secrets. I was really looking forward to this book after the way book 1 ended, and while the book was good, I felt like it was missing something that the initial book had. Don't get me wrong, I still recommend it, but it seemed like it was a little off in the construction. That could be because it is another cliff hanger and there will be another book in the series though.

In this one we follow Val and the havoc the discovery
Tracey
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
*This ARC was received in exchange for an honest review*

This is the story of Valerie Moore, who is an Elemental of Fire and Water, but now that the rest of humanity are aware of these kind, she is struggling to know which side is safest to be on.
The she meets up again with another elemental Cade Landston, but he has a mission of his own to hunt down her grandfather and then there is Holden who helping his father run the Modernist group.
In this we see quite a bit of action with the Elementals, bu
Charlotte
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Elemental Lies' ( Essential Elements #2 )
By Elle Middaugh.

Review in short.
* 5/5 stars for me.
* Fab plot. Developed very well.
* Lots of action.
* Love triangle ( Yes one of sorts... )

LOVED IT!! Brilliant second book in the Elemental series. Again I found it had me from page one. I found I kept reading just busting to see what was going to happen next!

In this second installment, we see lots of action between Elementals.
Lots of lies. No one knows who to trust. We see characters that we fell in love
Emmyjo
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So yes this was just wow. The quick paced adventure. And it was a scary one for Val, friends and family. In this book it continues on from the aftermath of book 1. Where you didn't know if friends, family, neighbors or foes were alive or dead. For me I feel that Val learned so much but not enough. Now Val had to eventually go home from her hideaway. But what they find are everyone is on a side and not a good or bad side. and humans are more afraid now then ever of different humans. Val finds Sie ...more
Rachel Miller
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Book 2 of the Essential Elements Series. I can't wait for Book 3 Elemental Betrayal. I have essentially fallen in love with the characters of this series. It is a must read!
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want more.

I absolutely can't wait for the next book to come out. This book is much better than the first. The characters keep on getting better.
Krista
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
After the exposure of Val, all immortals are left in danger. She flees with her cousin and two other trusted friends. When they finally do return their world as they know it is different. Humans know about immortals and their are rules.

Val tries to map this and be cohesive with humans but at every turn thee is an obstacle.

This was an ok read for me. I found fault with every obstacle an easy solution for Val.
Jessica
Amy Rush Da Silva
Sep 17, 2017
Lesley Diedrich
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Elemental lies follows the book elemental secrets. Valerie finds out more about her family, friends and the town.
Beth DiLoreto
May 11, 2017
Beth
May 31, 2017
Elle Middaugh
Jun 27, 2017 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
Jaimee Conklin
Luminous
Michelle Hooper
Traci
Jul 25, 2017
Beta Reader Group: YA Contemporary Fantasy Romance - complete 86k novel 5 32 Jun 10, 2017 04:04PM
Elle Middaugh lives in the Allegheny Mountains outside of Clearfield, Pennsylvania, with her wonderful husband and three beautiful children. Most of her time is spent raising kids, writing stories, playing video games, reading, and attempting to keep a clean house.

She’s a proud Navy wife, a frazzle-brained mother, a fan of health and fitness, a lover of hot tea and iced tea, and a believer in hap
More about Elle Middaugh

Essential Elements (2 books)
  • Elemental Secrets (Essential Elements, #1)