Start by marking “Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)

Godsgrave

(The Nevernight Chronicle #2)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  17,374 ratings  ·  3,462 reviews
Mia Corvere has found her place among the Blades of Our Lady of Blessed Murder, but many in the Red Church hierarchy think she's far from earned it. Plying her bloody trade in a backwater of the Republic, she's no closer to ending the men who destroyed her familia; in fact, she's told directly that Consul Scaeva is off limits. But after a deadly confrontation with an old e ...more
Published September 5th 2017 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Godsgrave, please sign up.
Zoey River As you probably already know, it's coming out September 5th :D
I CAN'T WAIT!
Zoey River Haha, I get what you mean ;)
Some people actually offered their souls for Nevernight last year '^^
It's going to be even more hectic this year with…more
Haha, I get what you mean ;)
Some people actually offered their souls for Nevernight last year '^^
It's going to be even more hectic this year with Godsgrave. (less)

·  17,374 ratings  ·  3,462 reviews

Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
The Gladiator on crack with a pinch of magic.

I loved Nevernight and was a bit nervous to not have my beloved "school setting" for the rest of the series. I had no reason to be and loved this book too!

Epic revenge story, great story, hilarious narrator, awesome magic system that I can't wait to learn more about... even the romance is not bothering me!

I'm left just wanting so much more and I'm dying to continue this series. HOW WILL IT END?!

You need to read t
Miranda Reads
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
description

You can keep the glory. I'm just here for the blood.
I'm so motherf*cking dead right now.

Mia Corvere, once a wealthy heiress, now a ruthless assassin, has received her first assignment.

But her heart is not in her work - she only wishes to extract revenge on those who killed her family.
Thus, the greatest monsters get their way, she realized. By looking just like the rest of us.
Consul Scaeva and Cardinal Duomo are responsible for her family's ruin and she will do whatever's necessary to murder them.

The Grand Games, a result of the gladiator
Chaima ✨ شيماء

It's been over a month since I read this book and you see, the trouble with writing this review is that it literally always seems easier to just lie facedown on the floor and make inarticulate noises (most of this review could actually be replaced with crying baby noises without huge loss of meaning tbh)

Listen. I am a HUGE fan of Jay Kristoff but he needs to go to jail for something. I don’t care what. just like, crimes. I mean why doesn’t he pick on someone his own size?? I genuinely believe that his passion is willfull
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Reread with For Love Of A Book Group and earned this badge 💕🖤

Inside the BN special edition. Beautiful pictures and some deleted scenes at the end.

The girl reached out to the shadows beneath the wagon, gathering them up like a seamstress pulling thread. It was so bright out here, so different from the belly of the Quiet Mountain. But ever so slowly, she stitched the shadows together, weaving the
Melanie

1.) Nevernight ★★★★★

“The heavens grant us only one life, but through books, we live a thousand.”

Well, I’m not entirely sure how I’m supposed to function while lying in wait for the third and final book in this series. That last chapter made me feel things that very few books are able to evoke from me. I honestly am not sure how I could possibly string together words to let you guys know how much I loved this book, but I do suppose I should at least try.

Godsgrave picks up right after the events of Nevernight. But where Nevernight felt like an ad★★★★★
Caz (littlebookowl)
Please excuse my colourful language.....

But to quote our dear little Mia:
What the "shit cock twat fucking fuckitall", man!?

Mister Kristoff, you are a cruel, brilliant man.

Review copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
I am..................................... how do you say............................. Shook
With so many insane plot reveals I had trouble keeping track, a really great slow burn romance, and the most excellent lead character, this book kind of killed my soul. It’s a sequel, so we’ll split this up into sections. Let’s talk!

→ theme work ←
Aaaaaah, this was so great. I think this book was more focused on the fact that every single person is the hero of their own story. In the first half, I was thinking this booktalk!
Warda
Oct 06, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So like I accidentally read the last WORD of GODSGRAVE as I was checking the page count AND I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW!

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
5 Stars
(And I'm being stingy with these this year, so this is a big deal, gentle friends.)

description

I originally marked this as 4+ stars.
But after further consideration of the following:

1) I read this book in ONE sitting because I was so spellbound.
And, 2) I re-read my review for book one and realized that ALL the things I said I couldn't stand about book one, I adored about book two...

I decided to say, fuck it, 5 stars for every
jessica
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i need new letters to create new words, because there are not enough in all the languages combined that can describe how i feel about this book and series.

i never thought i would love something that is so ruthless, so unapologetic, and so downright disturbing. but yet, here i am, giving it all the stars in the world. please send psychological help. because i am desperately close to selling my soul to whatever shadow creature will take it in order to get my hands on book three. 2019 feels like t
amy ☂︎
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, 2017, favs, 2019
the characters the witty dialogues the fight scenes the parallels that mindfuck plot twist at the end.... poetic cinema
Petrik
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-ebooks
I applaud The Droogs who finished Godsgrave before or around its publication date, thank you for your sacrifice; may the Lady of Blessed Murder bless your patience.

“That's the power of words; twenty six little letter can paint a whole universe”

Godsgrave is the sequel to Nevernight. The story still follows our beloved ruthless assassin, Mia Corvere, as she continues her journey for vengeance. Godsgrave didn’t start off easy for me to get into. Nevernight was a revenge story with a battle-school setting; Godsgrave is the continuation to that revenge story wpatience.
Anne
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Friends, Romans, and Countrymen
Shelves: kindle, fantasy

description

That's right, folks. We've transitioned from assassins to gladiators!
Now, some of you will (like me) love this, but some of you?
Ehhhhh. Maybe not so much...

description

Personally, I loved the way Kristoff mixed it up this time around. There was pseudo-Roman empire feel to the setting of the story in the first book, so (to me) this wclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
That's
Sean Barrs the Bookdragon
Jay Kristoff is an absolute master storyteller. This is such an exceedingly well-balanced novel in all its grandness. I expected some of the momentum to dwindle, as often is the case with the second book in a series, though this retained its sharp edge. And boy does it sting!

He is not afraid to kill off characters. He is not afraid to destroy friendships and watch his heroes crumble into the dust. And he certainly isn’t afraid to take his book in new and exciting directions. Mia spent most of t
maram ☂︎
I don’t know where to begin with this review???
I mean I think i’ve already mentioned everything I needed to say in my review of Nevernight

Either way, to recap and reciprocate the points I mentioned in Nevernight’s review, Godsgrave had even more witty banters. more blood. more pain. lots of angst. plentiful twists. the suspense could give you a clean kill, and even more traumatic than its prequel.

descriptionNevernight…
Either
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
“When you take a person out of the world, you don't just take them, do you?
You take everything they were, too.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A short summary of what happens in the book:
Sex and murder (yes, at the same time), fight, train, Gladiatii, kill, fight, train, murder, sex, intrigues, fight, murder, surprise, kill, fight and brutal plot twists.
That left me like this:

Whereas the first book was concentrated in the school for killing (that’s my personal
sofia (sam willows)
my new review after my 4th reread:

godsgrave starts almost a year after nevernight, with mia setting her plan to avenge her familia in motion. but there is quite a significant gap of information between the last scene in nevernight and the first scene in godsgrave, with mia in the desert. so, to bridge that gap, the first third of the story is told in alternating timelines, which adds to the main plotline in a frankly genius way. the information is revealed gradually, and kept me on t
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more

Last year, NEVERNIGHT, the first book in Jay Kristoff's NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLE, was at the top of my Best Books of 2016 list. The writing was brilliant, the story and characters compelling, the world-building was fantastic . . . I was smitten.

So I was understandably excited about its sequel GODSGRAVE. *sighs*

BUT.

The story was still compelling, just not as compelling, the writing was likewise not as brilliant, and the old characters manifested new flaws while several of the new characters were downright contemptible.

It took awh
Delirious Disquisitions
You should read this if you like: murder, stabbings, multiple murder via stabbings, devious girls, assassins, Hogwarts School of Assassins, bisexual protagonists, sexy times, murder during sexy times, multiple plot twists, adrenaline rush that feels kind of like a heart attack, shadow cats, shadow wolves, way too much sarcasm, and more stabbings.

I’m going to preface this review with a little note about Jay Kristoff. I love him, I really do. He is one of my current favorite YA authors and on a very sho
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
F U C K. ME.

And I HATE you so much right now, Mr. Kristoff.

Literally GTFO.

* screams for days *

(I was going to do a review on my channel, but I'm waiting for the UK edition to arrive so I can show all of you how beautiful it is, so once I do, I'll leave a link to it down below.)

I think this book surpassed all of my expectations and brought them up to an all new high. It was so, so good. Again, Jay's writing was excellent, full of buttery prose and lyrical pieces. This time around though, I didn't/>(I*
✨ A ✨
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ✨ A ✨ by: Fares
O, gentlefriends, he has done it again!

I'm still a bit in shock of what transpired in the last few chapters. One cannot say that Jay Kristoff does not know how to keep his readers on their toes.

In every breath, hope abides.

SPOILERS FOR NEVERNIGHT BOOK 1 BELOW

“Conquer your fear,” she whispered, “and you can conquer the world”

After the slaughter at the Red Church and the death of Lord Cassius, the Ministry has had to heal from the destruction left behind. Mia is still set on her revenge/>
may ❀
Full review finally up after 16 years

Everytime I think about writing a review for this book my brain goes into full-fledged panic mode

so here’s my attempt

- So godsgrave takes place sometime after nevernights ending
- Mia is still out to get revenge for her familia by any means possible
- Note that in this book mia progresses to get even more bada*s, which yeah, I didn’t think was possible either
- There are more brutal deaths, more blood, more anguish, more deceit and betrayal and friendship and more of your favs dying!!! Yay!!
- E
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 Nevernight ★★★★★
#2 Godsgrave ★★★★★
#3 Darkdawn ???

If Vengeance has a mother, her name is Patience.

I don't even know how to start this review. I think I could honestly just write several paragraphs of assorted expletives and shocked/devastated/adoring/amused/enraged/amazed emojis, and it would get the same point across, really. This book is everything I hoped it would be and so much more, and I don't know how I'll ever recover from the traumatizing glory that is this series.

The storm begs no forgiveness of the drowned.

Mia Corvere. My sweet, angry, wounded little Cr/>shocked/devastated/adoring/amused/enraged//>If
Sh3lly
Currently $2.99 on Kindle, August 13, 2019! Also, re-read in progress for the final installment in the trilogy, Darkdawn, released on September 3rd!

Update: The MacHalo Blog has a sweepstakes/giveaway for an ARC of Godsgrave with a couple bookish baubles. If you are interested, go here to enter. The giveaway ends October 31st at midnight Eastern time.

RELEASE DAY! September 5, 2017

Review also found at the Dust Off Your MacHalo blog.

Book two in The Nevernight Chronicles continues to follow Mia Corvere, darkin assassin, hell bent on revenging her family’s death bytime.
RELEASE
Helen 2.0
Well, pierce my ears and call me drafty. I did not see that coming.
emma
4.75 stars.

The wolf did not pity the lamb. The storm begged no forgiveness of the drowned.

It’s rare that a sequel manages to be equally as devastating as the first book. Nevernight was easily one of the best books I’ve read in the last year, but Godsgrave has managed to score a pretty high place up there as well.

I finished this book at 1am, and I genuinely couldn’t sleep because of how much those plot twists fucked me up. Naturally, I ended up making chocolate chip cookies alone in my kitchen in the middle of the night to try to distars.
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
Rejoice, O gentlefriends! Devious, gripping and fast paced, Godsgrave has almost everything I expected of this much anticipated sequel and much that was entirely unexpected!

Truedark Massacre by JujuFei

Patience, she’d tell herself, whispering the word like a prayer.
If Vengeance has a mother, her name is Patien
JujuFei
Christian
Read #2, 2019 - 5 stars

Still as neck-twistingly, gut-punchingly and mind-numbingly wild and merciless and unpredictable as the first time around (and this was my second time reading it). I love the layers Godsgrave adds to the series, the new characters it introduces and the phenomenal plot twists it throws your way towards the last 10%. Probably the most unpredictable book I have ever read. I love Mia so, so very much. And while I don't want to let go, I cannot wait to finally read Dardawn after the endles
ambsreads
Harper Voyager Australia sent me a review copy in exchange for my honest thoughts. All thoughts are my own

HAPPY RELEASE DAY TO GODSGRAVE IN AUSTRALIA. Y'ALL NEED THIS SERIES IN YOUR LIFE

This review (and others) is also featured on my blog in much better formatting.

WARNING THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR BOOK ONE, NEVERNIGHT. HOWEVER, THIS REVIEW WILL HAVE NO SPOILERS FOR GODSGRAVE.

R/>HAPPY
Caitlin
3.5 stars!

This book is a tough one to rate. I was super hyped for it but I spent about 300 pages of it really bored and confused because it was super dense. I just don't think I have a grasp as to what the fuck was happening the entire time which definitely frustrated me.

I went in with the expectation that I would either super love it or really hate it and I'm kinda in the middle. I'm not sure how to feel about it.

I. Need. Tric.

• No Limits
  • Covenant's End (Widdershins Adventures, #4)
  • The Revenge of Eli Monpress (The Legend of Eli Monpress, #4-5)
  • Albion of the Wind - 風のアルビオン (Zero No Tsukaima, #2)
  • Welcome To Orphancorp
  • Awakening (The Twins Of Saranthium, #1)
  • The Devil's Colony
  • Ironheart (Valentine, #2)
  • The Savage Dawn (The Girl at Midnight, #3)
  • The Disappearance of Ember Crow (The Tribe #2)
  • A Shadow's Breath
  • Gap Year in Ghost Town
  • Begin, End, Begin: A #LoveOzYA Anthology
  • Mr Romanov's Garden in the Sky
  • The Bitter Twins (The Winnowing Flame Trilogy #2)
  • Munro vs. the Coyote
  • The Wilful Eye (Tales from the Tower, #1)
  • Wilder Country (Winter, #2)
Jay Kristoff is the #1 international, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of THE NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLE, THE ILLUMINAE FILES and THE LOTUS WAR. He is the winner of six Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, has over half a million books in print and is published in over thirty five countries, most of which he has never visited. He is as surprised about all of this as you are. He is 6’7 and has approx ...more

The Nevernight Chronicle (3 books)
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
“She'd grown up inside books. No matter how dark life became, shutting out the hurt was as easy as opening a cover. A child of murdered parents and a failed rebellion, she'd still walked in the boots of scholars and warriors, queens and conquerors.

The heavens grant us only one life, but through books, we live a thousand.”
130 likes