Start by marking “14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book” as Want to Read:
14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book

14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book

How do I self-publish my new book?
And how much will it cost?

Have you ever asked yourself these questions? If so, 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK is the perfect book for you! In this concise and practical self-publishing guide for aspiring authors, Mike Kowis, Esq., shares his 14-step process to publishing attractive, well-written, and effectively marketed books. Don’t
Published February 15th 2017 by Lecture PRO Publishing

To ask other readers questions about 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book

Start your review of 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
LyndaVee
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This really is a comprehensive guide and well worth the money. I chuckled to myself over the fact that it is so comprehensive that the author even points out that you will need to think of an idea and then write your book first! It reminded me of Mrs Beeton’s famous instruction when writing a recipe for cooking hare, “First catch your hare”! The book is divided into three chapters: first comes the fourteen step guide; chapter two is concerned with the costs involved and chapter three gives ten l ...more
William Jr.
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No fluff. Extremely practical

So many books for writers are filled with bland, obvious advice - write daily, get enough sleep, exercise,etc. Kowis' book is full of details about getting your book on the shelves. Websites, costs,timeframes, realistic perspectives on book reviews, and where to get professional help. If you are looking for arm chair quarterbacking, this is not the book. He had been through the grinder and comes out the other side.
Leila Tualla
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was really excited to read this one since I just finished my "book baby" and unsure what to do next. As much as I loved working with the small indie publishing company for my first book, I wanted to try self publishing. But as I know nothing, I wanted my research to be short and to the point, which is exactly what Mike Kowis does here. It's a quick read and he even offers up estimated monetary values - which is what I like.
The blurb pretty much sums up this book. It's a 14-step guide that wil
santosh Gairola
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Informative book

Dear author, I loved your sweetness, the way you presented your book-publishing story is outstanding. Yes I do agree that people don't support in the starting state. Therefore creator must focus on creating quality stuff.
Gin Westcott
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is no fluff in this book— just good practical advice he has simplified to make it less intimidating. I learned a lot from this book and it’s much better than others I have read.
Skjam!
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: writers who want to self-publish
Recommended to Skjam! by: Goodreads
Disclaimer: I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway for the purpose of writing this review. No other compensation was offered or requested.

Back in the day, self-publishing was the province of cranks and egomaniacs who couldn’t find a legitimate publisher. “Vanity presses” preyed upon people who thought there was a large untapped market for dreadful poetry and paranoid ravings. Sometimes a good book would manage to surface from the self-published world, but it was rare. Times have chang
Matt Larson
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is more like a checklist. A reference to have on hand, for quick tips as you begin your self-publishing journey. An easy reference as opposed to one of the giant textbooks you can get on the subject.
Kat
Jun 26, 2020
Rob Bignell
Aug 01, 2017
Mike Kowis
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Janet Nuckolls
Amanda
Feb 07, 2019
Timothy Bult
Jul 16, 2020

• Successful Self-Publishing: How to self-publish and market your book in ebook and print
  • The Four Tendencies: The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People's Lives Better, Too)
  • The Clue in the Trees (Northwoods, #2)
  • The Silver Box: An Enchantment Lake Mystery
  • Enchantment Lake (Northwoods, #1)
  • Destiny Seeker: The Messenger (Destiny Seeker, #1)
  • School Fundraising: So Much More Than Cookie Dough
  • Sinful Boss (Sinfully Rich, #3)
  • A Song of Wraiths and Ruin (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, #1)
  • How to Catch a Dinosaur
  • Dreamers
  • You Are My Happy
  • I've Loved You Since Forever
  • Seeds and Trees
  • Influencer Fast Track: 10X Your Marketing & Branding for Coaches, Consultants, Professionals and Entrepreneurs!: Grow your Brand & Business, Attract Dream (Influencer Marketing Fast Track)
  • Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook, Second Edition: Updated Guide to Protecting Your Rights and Wallet
  • Last Stop on Market Street
  • Passive Income Freedom: 23 Passive Income Blueprints: Go Step-by-Step from Complete Beginner to $5,000-10,000/mo in the next 6 Months!
MIKE KOWIS, ESQ., is a corporate tax attorney, business law professor, frequent speaker, and author. His award-winning titles include a self-publishing guide (14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book), a book marketing guide (Smart Marketing for Indie Authors), a college teaching guide (Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors), and his latest book about off-road racing with his te ...more

News & Interviews