Start by marking “The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals” as Want to Read:
The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals

The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals

Référence indispensable pour tous les amateurs de cristaux, ce guide présente plus de 200 pierres toutes disponibles, ainsi que d'autres, moins connues, récemment découvertes. Superbement illustré, il décrit en détail les cristaux, leurs formes, couleurs et applications et permet de les identifier. Le répertoire indique les propriétés pratiques et symboliques de chaque cri ...more
Published May 29th 2003 by Godsfield Press Ltd (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Crystal Bible, please sign up.
Zoe yes, a lot of information about crystals. No rituals included.

Lee
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are in to crystals, gemstones, and how to use them in everyday life and for healing, then this is the book for you. The name says it all. It is my bible for crystals and healing. My copy is dog-eared and pages have to be stuck back in because it is so well used.

The Crystal Bible is a comprehensive listing of hundreds of gemstones and crystals, with detailed information on their appearance, their properties and attributes, and how to and what sort of healing to use them for. As well as hav
Maya
Apr 23, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Impulse purchase. It's key focus is on the healing effects of crystals, which I'm not interested in.

Looking up crystals with this book fills me with despair. Scientifically-unfounded paragraphs about "healing properties" fill the 400-pages of this book -- all that wasted space could have been used for including more crystals, not to mention useful information about the history and facts behind each crystal. Tell me how the crystal is formed, not whether it "promotes introspection" or "stabilises
Kimberly
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More detailed definitions than the Crystal handbook, but doesn't have all of the ones I was researching. However, there are 2 new additions out of this book by the same author.
Diane
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction-misc
Great book about crystals. If you use crystals for any reason, this is a superb reference book. There are, at least, 3 in this series.

3 Stars = I liked the book. I'm glad I read it.
♥Xeni♥
Jul 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: crystal fans
Shelves: non-fiction, crystals
I bought this book in the Bangkok Airport, and then read it on my long flight from Bangkok to Munich. It definitely paid off to buy this book! I know a lot of crystals, but I don't think that there was one in this book that I knew! It is amazing to see how many crystals are out there! This is definitely a great reference book (especially for all the other advice that it gives on how to use crystals, etc)
Libby
Jun 05, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirit
Not a definitive guide to crystals by any means - if thats what you are looking for try Love is in The Earth or any of Melodys works - but it is still a useful quick reference guide if you kind of know what you are looking for.
Juli Anna
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirit
Frankly, I don’t think I’m the right kind of person to write a review of this book--I’m a big crystal skeptic. People who believe in the power of crystals clearly find this book indispensable, and I am glad they have a book they love. As a lover of jewelry and a collector of beautiful natural objects, I have always admired crystals and minerals, and the taxonomist in me loves to read about how they are classified and related to each other. As a generally symbolic thinker, I also love to learn th ...more
Mehmet
May 06, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bu alanda sözde 35 yıllık tecrübesi olan Judy Hall'in, öykülerimde vs. bana yardımcı olsun, genel kültürümü genişletsin diye gidip de satın aldığım bu kitabı tam bir pişmanlık. Goodreads'ta bir de 4 küsür puan almış. Yazıklar olsun.

21. yüzyıla gelmişiz, hala "şifalı ot, şifalı taş bik bik" zırvalıklarına inanan bunun gibi tipler var. Evinin girişinde karşıdan sol köşeye atıyorum Malakit taşı koyarsa zenginliğinin artacağını, alnına akik bastırırsa ümitsizliğe iyi geleceğini falan cidden düşünen
Alex O.
Nov 20, 2015 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like crystals and bibles
Shelves: read-2015
My life is complete because I now know that this masterpiece is on goodreads.

Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
Rating: 3.5

Disclaimer: I also go on an anti-vaxxer rant in this review that is not related to this book. This book does not advocate going off medication or not vaccinating (that I can remember).

I'm a witch, so I use crystals in a witchy way. Be very careful if you use crystals on your skin, in your water, etc because gemstones can be poisonous or just not something you want on your body or in your water or potions. Triple check each and every time. Also, keep taking your meds and receiving west
Scottsdale Public Library
Have you ever found yourself drawn to a certain crystal or gem? That's because many believe that crystals have energies! They are beautiful, mysterious, and awe inspiring. This book covers all types of crystals and their metaphysical, magical, and healing properties. Every page has gorgeous pictures of each gem and information about the energy that it holds. The Crystal Bible is a must have reference guide for anyone who works with crystals or who just loves to wear them. - Colleen M.
Tara Becksworth
Better off getting Crystal Guide Pocket Edition on Android. I found the Crystal Bible to be quite lacking in geological data (it's overly biased with metaphysical properties) and it uses a lot of unrecognised alternative names for the crystals - why when there are established/approved names?
NormaCenva
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was very helpful in helping me to identify a stone I have randomly found on a walk one day. New editions are probably much improved, but this one works just as well.
Meaghan Lake
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is next to my bed all the time it's used as a reference for us each time we have something we think crystals might help with ranging from health issues to stress and simple relaxation might not be to everyone's taste but if you like this sort of the g you should get this book
I use this book as a reference all the time. Sometimes it yields more information than I need, while other times not nearly enough but perhaps it's a start. I can't say it's "amazing" but it's definitely my first go-to for the spiritual and healing info on crystals and minerals.
Lisa James
Mar 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. The information is presented in a concise manner, yet easy to read. Each crystal has full color photos, & it's a great size to be able to reference time & time again.
Sam Page
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's facts are unbacked and it lacks quite a bit of relevant information. I don't think I'm a fan of any book that has Bible in it.
Cindra
Had to research "magic rocks" I received for Christmas. This is my go-to fav book for looking up gemstones and crystals, and their applications for spiritual and physical healing.
Lodane
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 1-5 Star Review is the total of what I have to say about this book, specifically.

Caveat: This review is historical/archival in nature. 'Date read' is speculative.

This book is one of many books I have read about the occult/paganism/witchcraft. This was the readily available faith in my household as a child. Additionally, I worked for a company in this field, 2015-2016, and had to read an ocean of this stuff to do my job.

Like televangelists, and snake-oil salesman, these publishers prey on the
Araminta Matthews
A fine coffee table book with lovely photos, but not a very meaty book. I wanted depth and reason and background, but this book offers little in that department. If you are seeking a crystal book that gives you contextual histories and explanations as to how or why certain crystals might be used in specific energy practices, this is not your book. If you are just seeking a surface book that skims across the types of healing uses you might employ specific crystals to perform and are not concerned ...more
Kaori Hilton
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
This book had been always a top suggestion by my nearby mystic's shop.
After three years of browsing through, finally decided to get one and ended up getting all one to three for reference.

I once read a book on crystals written by other famous new age witch a long time ago.
I even purchased. It was translated into my language. My impression was this first book
shut the door and froze my crystal journey. Instilled an impression that I would never understand.

Lately I decided I wanted to identify the
Esjay C.
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A must-have book if you have any interest in the powers of crystals. Thorough descriptors all displayed with crystal-clear photos (see what I did there!:) ) in alphabetical order. In fact, as I sit here at my PC it is lying on the desk as I plan to use it as inspiration for names for an upcoming book.
Lisa
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is an awesome resource to have on your shelf.
I've already read through it completely twice and still use t for reference quite often.
Thinking about getting more books on the topic from the same author.
Very well organized so it's easy to find what you're looking for quickly.
Susan Miller
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book with information on formation of rocks. There is a wonderful directory of crystals with beautiful illustrations and information on how they can be used to heal. A lovely reference that I am sure I will turn to again and again.
Cathy
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: interests, favorites
Can't live without it.

I love Judy Hall's work. But I really do think anyone working with crystals should have this book in their library. Easy to understand for new crystal enthusiasts as well.
Morgan Bradham
Includes beginner information on crystal formation, internal mineral structure, geometric form, and the history, uses, and identification of various crystals. I wish more would have been offered on the individual formation process of the crystals.
Tara
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent guide to crystals and it is made for the beginner to the crystal gurus. The other two books in this series are next on my list to own.
Miss M
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
EXCELLENT REFERENCE GUIDE
Maureen Sawyer
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Small book, easy to look up and find all of your crystals and rocks.
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Good, some errors
Does this book... 4 18 Mar 26, 2013 05:16PM
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Crystal Therapy: How to Heal and Empower Your Life with Crystal Energy
  • The Spells Bible: The Definitive Guide to Charms and Enchantments
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads
  • Animal Magick the Art of Recognizing and Working with Familiars
  • Practical Candleburning Rituals: Spells and Rituals for Every Purpose
  • The Aromatherapy Bible: The Definitive Guide to Using Essential Oils
  • Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
  • Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development
  • Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions
  • Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up
An internationally known author, astrologer, psychic, healer, broadcaster and workshop leader, Judy Hall has been a karmic counsellor for over thirty years.

Her books have been translated into fifteen languages. Her specialities are past life readings and regression; reincarnation, astrology, psychology and natural forms of healing.

She has clients from all walks of life: the House of Lords, the Eur