Start by marking “Enemy of the State (Mitch Rapp, #16)” as Want to Read:
Enemy of the State (Mitch Rapp, #16)

Enemy of the State

(Mitch Rapp #16)

Mitch Rapp returns in the #1 New York Times bestselling series in this timely thriller as a Saudi prince is discovered using his fortunes to fund ISIS, re-opening secrets about the Saudi government's involvement in 9/11--secrets which the United States tried to bury.
After 9/11, the United States made one of the most secretive and dangerous deals in its history. The evide
Published September 5th 2017 by Atria/Emily Bestler Books

To ask other readers questions about Enemy of the State, please sign up.
Ben yes. many of the books have intertwined story lines and characters.
Asteropê "This title will be released on September 5, 2017." -- Amazon.com

Tim
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A decent yarn featuring an ostracized hero and his rogue crew of friends in their battle against some unfriendly, murdering scum of the earth. 7 of 10 stars!
Matt
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
First and foremost, a large thank you to NetGalley, Kyle Mills and Simon and Schuster Canada for providing me with a copy of this publication, which allows me to provide you with an unbiased review.

Continuing the highly popular Mitch Rapp series, Kyle Mills surely impresses Vince Flynn fans (and the late author’s estate) with another stellar novel. Still healing from his latest mission, Rapp has decided to settle down a little and build a colossal estate just outside the D.C. area. When news fro
Michael Hicks
Despite the title, Enemy of the State actually has nothing to do with Donald Trump and is, in fact, the sixteenth Mitch Rapp novel. (But god, what a Rapp novel that would be if our titular all-American hero were tasked with taking down a traitorous president wedged deeply in the pocket of Russian tyrants!)

This time around, Rapp is on a mission to exact vengeance against a Saudi Royal funding ISIS to carry out attacks on US soil. In the aftermath of 9/11 the American government turned a blind-ey
The Real Book Spy
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
See this review and more at www.TheRealBookSpy.com

When President Josh Alexander finds himself unable to pursue an intelligence lead that points to a member of the Saudi royal family funneling big money to ISIS, he turns to the one person who can be trusted to follow the lead wherever it goes–CIA counter-terrorism operative Mitch Rapp.

The Islamic State is planning to hit America, and they’re using Saudi funds to do it. Specifically, Aali Nassar, head of the General Intelligence Directorate, attem
Pamela
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
High octane, adrenaline- fueled political thriller at its best! Thoroughly captivating and scarily realistic! Totally satisfying and riveting! I won't give a synopsis of the plot, as that is already easily available. I will give my impression of this series.

Kyle Mills has taken the helm of continuing the Mitch Rapp series created by the late Vince Flynn. The transition has been flawless. Mills has kept the characters true and authentic as well as kept the structure of the writing true to the for
Glen
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like this book a lot better than the last two Kyle Mills wrote in this series. This still isn't the same Mitch Rapp that Vince Flynn wrote about, but either Mills has a better handle on this earth -2 Mitch Rapp, or I'm better at letting go of the differences. Maybe it's because we're done with the "Evil Twin" plots for a while.

Rapp's relationship with Claudia progresses, while events unfold. When a Saudi prince is caught funding ISIS, the president gets rile enough to send Mitch Rapp on a rogu
Chris (Norseman) Miller
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Here is my review from Enemy of the State based on the advanced readers copy I received from Atria and Emily Bestler Books! A huge thank you to them for having selecting me for an advance copy three years running! Glad to be a Mitch Rapp Ambassador and hope to see more people come enjoy this great series!

In this fast paced Mitch Rapp thriller (#16 Rapp book) you're going to experience a little bit of confusion. It's a good thing, don't worry! Mitch is now in a place in his life where things are
Dave
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: vince-flynn
Not bad but not great. I maybe a bit prejudiced because Vince Flynn was my favorite author! It was his books that got me back reading again. Nothing against Kyle Mills as I'm glad he's caring on the Mitch Rapp saga but I can tell it's just not Vince Flynn!
Christopher Payne
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
I received an advanced reader's copy of 'Enemy of the State' in return for a review of the book. I've read all of the Mitch Rapp books by Vince Flynn and Kyle Mills. Like all of the others, this one does not disappoint. If you're a fan of Mitch Rapp you will highly enjoy this book.
Slaven Tomasi
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enemy of the State sees Mitch Rapp unleashed like you’ve never seen him before. Kyle Mills has officially taken over this universe and has made it his own. In recent interviews, I’ve heard Kyle say that he more or less had to write a forgery of sorts when he took over with The Survivor. With three pages left behind by the late Vince Flynn, and very little to go off from The Last Man. Kyle delivered on that forgery, with many fans not knowing where Vince left off and where Kyle took over. With Or ...more
Skip
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
3 stars is very generous for this effort, really 2.5 stars. The storyline is reasonably decent: Saudi Arabia's King Faisal, a long-time friend of America, is getting old. A rising, but humbly born man has risen to become Director of Intelligence and is plotting with ISIS to establish the new caliphate when Faisal dies. Mitch Rapp is summoned by the President, and asked to do whatever is necessary, but without any cover at all from the U.S. so Mitch quits the CIA, and cannot even rely on his usua ...more
Damon Drake
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am honored to have received an Advanced Readers Copy (ARC) from the publisher. In Kyle Mills 3rd Mitch Rapp novel after the early departure of the great Vince Flynn, Mills proves once again that he was the best choice to carry on the best series in the Thriller genre today.

In the latest Mitch Rapp saga which starts up right where Order To Kill leaves off, Mitch Rapp goes Rogue. What does that mean? PreOrder your copy now to find out in September. You won't be disappointed. #MitchRappIsBack

Carolyn Bowen
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mitch Rapp pushes the limits in fighting terrorism wherever and however is necessary. Forced to change directions with the president’s approval, he quits the CIA.

Rapp assembles a group of independent contractors to get the job done. They had just begun infiltrating the Saudi government and ISIS when the new head of intelligence discovers their efforts and puts a stop to the plan by threating to go public with the post 9/11 agreement between the two countries.

Concerned about his political career
Roy
Oct 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Have never read a Mitch Rapp novel, so being my 1st and not from the original author eas probably a bad decision on my half. Not sure why I even picked it as these action/political middle east thrillers have been done to death. Very flat, Mitch wasnt interesting enough and the story wasnt engaging. Probably will keep away in the future.
L F
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful espionage/spy book. It is the best book of this genre I have read for quite some time. But, those with a weaker "constitution" might not be so enamored. It is of the "all losses are for the greater good" tale.

Furthermore, I have never read this author before, nor any the previous books in this series. I feel this book can be read on the "stand alone" basis with no loss in the reading knowledge.

Pick it up, and go for a really wild ride.
Ben
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
"Enemy of the State" written by Kyle Mills is a surprisingly flat novel from a writer who had picked up the franchise after the the death of Vince Flynn, creator of Mitch Rapp, American counter - terrorist agent. Mills' two previous novels featuring Rapp were pretty good, but this one did not rise above the mediocre level, in this reader's opinion.
For one thing, it was quite low in the action quotient. The non-stop action just was not there. The ingenious plot ditto. The book starts almost as a
Syd (deertales)
after 16 mitch rapp books you think i would be over this guy... but i'm not.

i think kyle mills has done WONDERFUL things for this series; his writing is fantastic, and i think he has been very true to the characters.

but this story just felt a little too.. oceans eleven-y to me? mitch gathering together a bunch of misfits to do a secret job and the stakes are SO high and its obviously SUPER dangerous and TOP secret and blah blah blah. honestly, i am just kind of over the whole "middle east is th
Mark
Legacy author Kyle Mills has done wonderful things for the franchise in 2 other novels, but this one is just not at the same level as the others...Yes, he's captured the essence, but just somethings a little off in this one...I can't quite put my finger on it...Mitch is cut loose by the President to loose a "Reign of Terror' on Saudi's targeting US interests to allow a plausible deniability of official US involvement & does so with a ragtag group of outliers...while not his best still an ent ...more
Sharman Bingham
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
This was not as engrossing a story as I’ve come to expect from the series. Kyle Mills did a much better job with the last book, “Order to Kill”.
Donna Hines
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another book that comes highly recommended to me from Vince Flynn Fans who are the coolest fans ever in welcoming this newbie and offering sound advice.
I'm not going in any kind of sequence but I am basing my future reviews on their advice.
They have graciously taken me under their wings and allowed me to fly after my abusive situation with my ex spouse so this review is for them as their are enemies among us and Enemy of the State proves that theory.
Enemy of the State by Kyle Mills was amazing b
Linda Munro
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mitch Rapp has always been against what he considered, not only the most secretive but also the most dangerous deal in US history; the S would bury the powerful Saudis behind the 9/11 attack and King Faisal would deal with the conspirators in his own manner, while keeping the oil flowing to the US.

But now, information leading to the King’s nephew as an ISIS funder makes things different. Although the President of the US cannot be seen as moving against an ally, but the Saudi Royalty needs to be
Ron Wroblewski
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vince-flynn
Another great MItch Rapp story. I wonder if this will be the last. Mitch goes rouge, under a Presidential request, by resigning from the CIA to hunt down a Saudi official that is assisting ISIS. Mitch cannot use CIA assets so has to recruit former enemies that have at one time hunted him. A lot of action. Good read. I have now finished all the Mitch Rapp/Vince Flynn, Kyle Mills books in the series.
Kathy
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Mitch Rapp series never disappoints and this was another great one by Kyle Mills, who has done a masterful job of keeping Mitch and the series alive. I like the fact that he’s allowing Mitch to age a little and reflect on the pace of his life. I did think his new woman was a little too perfect in every way. It seemed a little over the top that she would anticipate his every need on a mission. Other than that, a fun and enjoyable read.
Wayland Smith
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I wrote a review, Goodreads ate it.

Essentially, another Mitch Rapp book with lots of action and Mitch's usual bad attitude. Bad guys this time are ISIS and some elements of the Saudi government. Complications include a special mission for the President himself, and replacing some losses on his team.

Decent action adventure, and they manage some character development.
Wilde Sky
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An American agent tackles terrorists.

As pure entertainment this book worked well with a host of dodgy characters and plenty of fast paced action, but I’m not too sure about the politics / violence.

Overall rating 3.5
Kelly
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Not as good as some of the previous Mitch Rapp novels, but still a solid entry in the lineup.
Chad
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another thrilling Mitch Rapp book. Well done Kyle, keep them coming
Garlan ✌
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. Another really good one from Mills/Flynn. I think Vince can safely take his name off the series now - its in good hands.
Mike Kennedy
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received an advance copy from the publisher for an honest review. I honestly loved it. Kyle Mills has done an excellent job with the Mitch Rapp character. I loved the previous Rapp novel Order to Kill, and I love this one just as much.

The premise for this novel is something that I think a lot of Mitch Rapp fans have been wanting to see for a while.....Mitch goes rogue. I don't want to give to much away since this book isn't published yet, but imagine Mitch out there with no shackles from the go
Dave
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy of this book by publisher for an honest review. This review will be spoiler free as the book will hit bookshelves on September 5, 2017. I can honestly say, this continues the amazing run of books in the Mitch Rapp universe. Kyle Mills has done an outstanding job writing these books blending high octane action with an intelligent plotline that includes some humor at the perfect time. This book is highly entertaining! In fact, you should buy this book right now. Pre-or ...more
Play Book Tag: Enemy of the State - Kyle Mills - 3 Stars 3 19 Aug 24, 2018 11:29AM
  • The Survivor (Mitch Rapp, #14)
  • First Strike (Dewey Andreas, #6)
  • Use of Force (Scot Harvath #17)
  • The Wolves (John Wells, #10)
  • No Fortunate Son (Pike Logan, #7)
I grew up in Oregon but have lived all over—D.C., Virginia, Maryland, London,
Wyoming. My father was an FBI agent and I was a bureau kid, which is similar to being an army brat. You tend to spend your time with other bureau kids and get transferred around a lot, though, I fared better on that front than many others.

One positive aspect of this lifestyle is that you can’t help but absorb an enormous

Mitch Rapp (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • American Assassin (Mitch Rapp, #1)
  • Kill Shot (Mitch Rapp, #2)
  • Transfer of Power (Mitch Rapp, #3)
  • The Third Option (Mitch Rapp, #4)
  • Separation of Power (Mitch Rapp, #5)
  • Executive Power (Mitch Rapp, #6)
  • Memorial Day (Mitch Rapp, #7)
  • Consent to Kill (Mitch Rapp, #8)
  • Act of Treason (Mitch Rapp, #9)
  • Protect and Defend (Mitch Rapp, #10)
“Napoleon said, ‘When your enemy is doing something stupid, don’t interfere.” 0 likes
“Strife and chaos always traveled hand in hand with opportunity, though. It was just a question of whether one was strong and clever enough to take advantage.” 0 likes