Start by marking “Confess” as Want to Read:
Confess

Confess

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  112,870 ratings  ·  13,579 reviews
Auburn Reed is determined to rebuild her shattered life and she has no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to become deeply attracted to the studio’s enigmatic artist, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a chance and puts her heart in control, only to discover that Owen is hiding a huge secret. Th
Published March 28th 2017 by Atria Books (first published March 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Confess, please sign up.
Flownder
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Abhay Barolia He is referring to his dad, he has been taking care of his dad, I think that much is enough for you to understand it, if you have read the book
The Deal by Elle KennedyA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasConfess by Colleen HooverThe Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsThe Mistake by Elle Kennedy
Best Books of 2015
2,886 books — 5,143 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiEasy by Tammara WebberThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
Best New Adults Ever
297 books — 473 voters

More lists with this book...

·  112,870 ratings  ·  13,579 reviews

Start your review of Confess
Aestas Book Blog
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::: SPOILER-FREE :::

Exquisitely heart-wrenching and absolutely unputdownable, Confess is another unique Colleen Hoover masterpiece and one of the must-read books of this year!!

From the moment I read the blurb, I was intrigued by the story! And once I started reading, I discovered that there’s even more to this story than meets the eye. There’s an added layer to it that I absolutely loved but that I won’t mention because discovering it as you read is honestly best. This review is spoi
Emily May
2 1/2 stars. Erm. I think I have a love/hate relationship with Hoover's work. I keep coming back for more of her addictive writing style, despite having so many issues with her characters and slut-shaming. Though, I think it's official that I enjoy her far more when she's writing intriguing, possibly supernatural thrillers with Tarryn Fisher, than when she's writing contemporary romance. Never Never is still my favourite. But Confess is not too bad.

One of the things that almost always bugs me about Hoover's
Angela
"OMG"... THIS BOOK!

THE NOTEBOOK, UGLY LOVE, TFIOS, AND HOPELESS HAD A SECRET LOVE CHILD! AND THAT LOVE CHILD IS CONFESS.

If you know anything about me then you know Colleen Hoover is my favorite author. If you don't know anything about me than that is pretty much all you need to know. She is the only author who has never let me down. Confess didn't let me down. I think Leah and I can both agree, the main thing we heard about this book was that it would induce tears within the first chapter.. And I had my doubts. Ten pages in. I RBOOK!
"... ...more
Christine Riccio
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved Confess! Here's a link to my booktalk: https://youtu.be/-VxNI8eh7A0
The Burning Rose (Jess)
5/5 stars.
I have only one thing to say about this book: OMG! (only those who read the book will understand the connotation).

I don't like novels. Neither in books nor in movies, most of them simply surrounding around the couple, their love. There is usually nothing beyond.
And that's what makes the amazing writer Colleen Hoover unique.
Her books are far beyond just a love story.
In this book there is also pain, there is another (non-romantic) love, there is laught
Christy
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 OMG stars

photo 785c7762-69c1-468d-8fe5-0662cc056e8c_zpsiavaccea.jpg

Colleen Hoover is a genius. Every book of hers so different, and every one gets me right in the feels. Confess was no exception. If anything, this one hit me harder than many of her others. I can’t say it’s very often that I cry in the prologue of a book, but when you start out this way, it’s bound to happen…

5 OMG stars

photo 785c7762-69c1-468d-8fe5-0662cc056e8c_zpsiavaccea.jpg

photo c7e1d6ea-3ab5-4c08-a82f-033f6bf987bc_zpsnmgei6n5.jpg

I loved the confessions. I thought that was such a brilliant and unique idea for a story. To base it on real confessions. Things we have that are scary to put out there. I loved the connections between the characters, the sacrifice, and the writing.

Most of all, I love how every thing became full circle in the end. EVERYTHING. This was a beautiful story that I won’t ever forget. And the art was just gorgeous. I was so happy I had the paperback at home as well as the kindle copy so I could look at both.

This story was real and raw and beautiful. It wasn’t perfect, the characters were flawed, but I love that too. I don’t want a story with perfect characters that make no mistakes. If you’re looking for a story that will grip you from the very start, make you laugh, make you cry, and make you FEEL, pick this one up!

photo 9f365c1e-c0c3-47e8-b939-f76de634bd8b_zpsngx1zche.jpg

photo 3bcbee7a-0391-4055-af6e-04be6c822258_zpsvhacjrod.jpg

photo 024cd6a7-a190-4230-8ce5-75317450c84e_zpssfhoc9p7.jpg

photo a85d431f-df9a-4526-be33-93ee361a4d83_zpslosgyd8j.jpg

photo b4e41ca5-d1bb-4e3b-a76a-bf7d98f29ebb_zpsiik8feki.jpg
Lola
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the kind of New Adult book I enjoy reading.

Confess wasn’t a shallow, cheesy or overdone story; it was deep, evocative, realistic and damn hard to put down. Usually, I get quickly bored if a contemporary read has a slow-kill-me-now pacing and, while this one definitely had it, I COULD NOT STOP READING.

I read everywhere. I read in the bus, during recess, in the car while going grocery shopping with my mom (she actually doesn’t mind it, but she keeps talking to me – she actually talks mor
Katerina
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know that a book will haunt you for a very long time when it brings you tears from the very first pages.I finally understand the Colleen Hoover hype.She is totally worth it.

Hopefully,she has more than one fate,Owen.

Probably not one of the most popular quotes,but it touches the essence of this extremely beautiful and heartbreaking story.Fate was cruel and brutal to both Owen and Auburn,but they were given a second chance in happiness when they met.And then,they were torn apart.Auburn had some priorities,and a relationshippages.I
jessica
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh, the feels! queen CoHo has done it again!!

there is something about colleen hoovers writing that wraps itself around my heart, squeezes, and never lets go. she has a way of creating words i never knew i wish i could say. and once again, she has mastered conveying emotions and feelings and desires; and it effectively ruins me every time.

i have come to the conclusion i will never not love her stories.

Amy | Foxy Blogs
Oh, em, gee!!! FIVE STARS!

Finding your heart somewhere between the truth and lies.

2 truths and a lie about Owen
Owen’s dad is a lawyer
Owen has a cat named Owen
Owen has only 2 phone numbers in his phone

2 truths and a lie about Auburn
Auburn gave Owen a drunken haircut
Auburn grew up in Portland, Oregon
Auburn has a roommate named Emory

2 truths and a lie about Confess
The horror movie 1408 is mentioned
The story is broken into 3 parts
Two states play a major role in this story

I have a confession-> out of the 9 things mentioned above 7 are true and 2 are lies. Have fun figuring out which ones are the lies and whicphone
STARS!
Geri Reads
No one could accuse Colleen Hoover for not being creative with every single thing she's released thus far. She always has a knack of infusing something unique to her books from poetry, to songs, to plot twist. In this book, it was art. They were beautiful. The way she used the confessions with the art was very unique. They were the best part of the book for me.

Unfortunately, the rest left me underwhelmed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have no problem with cliches or whatever as long as I am able to relate to the characters. Sadly, Owen a
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3 stars overall, but with many 2 star moments that were only balanced out by the occasional but memorable 4-5 star parts

I feel like the first thing I need to say here is that I didn’t hate this book. Yes, there were many parts that were hard for me to read and made me angry but overall I did like it.

description

See that picture of my Confess paperback up there with all the orange sticky-notes? Half of them bookmarked a scene where I was about to chuck the book at my wall because the characters were so frustrating or
Dorreh
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"There are people you meet that you get to know, and then there are people you meet that you already know."

A 4 hour sitting, that's how long it took me to finish this! I just couldn't put it down.
I'm honestly not that big on contemporary, they usually dwell on the illusion of reality every hopeless romantic day dreams when they have a tediously long lecture or some other form of every day responsibility they couldn't spare the required attention. So I tend to lean more towards fanta
Kassidy
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*4.5*
Such an emotional and stressful ride! I adore the story and romance. However, the main character, Auburn, fell a little flat for me.
Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If this is Colleen Hoover's example of many people's "not my favorite book of hers" I can only imagine the treat I'm in store for. Despite others not connecting with this one so much I loved it! I fell hard for Auburn and Owen which was clearly visible by the fact I read the entire book today. While the ending was a little tidy and "too perfect", it didn't stop me from enjoying reading this one. I particularly loved the artwork included in the story and the idea behind confession inspired painti ...more
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 ~ 4 OMG Stars

[image error]

I love Colleen Hoover's books for so many reasons but especially for the fact that each story isn't similar to the last book she has gifted her readers. This book isn’t like anything we have read by her and the art work/confession connection was completely BRILLANT!

description

The first half or more of this story is a total 5 PLUS Stars. The prologue was gripping while the way Owen and Auburn meet and his amazing art studio was perfection. The writing was just beautiful and similar to Mari
Hulya Kara Yuksel
OMFG please watch this trailer! So far I have watched it more than 10 times and Ryan Cooper (as Owen) & Katie Leclerc (as Auburn) looks perfect on the screen. Ahhh they did an amazing cast for this show. <3

---------------------

GOODREADS Choice Awards 2015 - Winner of the Best Romance :)

SO PEOPLE PLSclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
GOODREADS
Beverly
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LIVE on AMAZON

LIVE on iTunes

Confess is like nothing I have ever read before, it cannot be summed up in a few words. I have read a lot of books, but very few books have affected me the way this one did. I started this story late at night and within the first few pages I was crying and I knew this book would shake me to my core.

Auburn Reed has had an average life and you can definitely say things haven’t went aiTunes
~ Becs ~
 photo confess love you forever_zps7xsudzpm.jpg

A new release from CoHo always attracts a HUGE amount of interest and deservedly so.  She’s a quality author with a large following, she’s very adept at social media (possibly the best), she’s funny and engaging and as such garners many auto 5 star reviews especially from the pre-release reviewers with ARCs which gush like crazy and extoll the book’s virtues and, having noticed this before, I raised a cynical eyebrow and vowed to read Confess with a highly critical eye and truly assess it on its

L A i N E Y
I would truly love a chance to propose an expirement to my past before-i-read-this-book self. I'd tell her to do as followed:

Read the prologue which was from Auburn's pov and the first 2 chapters then go straight to the very last chapter 'five years earlier' told by Owen.

BAM!

A guaranteed 3 stars.

The prologue wasn't particularly good but just to orient myself with what's going on. The first two chapters since I think you'd get the end more. Now the last chapter or the so-called 'twist' chapter, that was good. Or maybe because I'd suffere
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
One thing this book has convinced me of is Colleen Hoover's relentless ability to make even the most unrealistic of scenarios seem reasonable with her sway of writing; an ability I find both admirable and annoying.

There's a part towards the end of the book when the main characters themselves speculate how many times they've actually met each other, which boils down to a grand total of seven. Seven occasions (a/>
Catarina
4 Secretive Stars.

Auburn and Owen met when she saw a “Help Wanted” sign a decided to work for apply. Owen is an artist who paints pictures based on anonymous confessions, he had a bad past and he has a secret.
Auburn also had a bad past and every day she sacrifices herself to be close with the only good part that’s left of her past.

description

First let me tell you that the idea of introducing the paintings in the middle of the book was freaking brilliant!! Not only it helped understand Owen better, the
Jasmine
2.5 STARS ★★☆

GAH. It absolutely pains me to once again give a CoHo book such a low rating :( Before anyone comes with a pitchfork at me, I just wanted to put it out there that I won't deny that CoHo writes beautifully and she's just one of those authors that I can expect to put out something different and unique with each read. This is no exception with Confess as I found the concept to be very moving, for being able to read about actu
Vilma Iris
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Compelling, fresh, heart wrenching and entirely unforgettable.

“I’m struggling for more air than I even need, but my panic is setting in, burying itself in my soul and making it hard to think. The sadness feels like warmth creeping its way up my chest, creating an insurmountable pressure the closer it gets to my heart.”

Bestselling author Colleen Hoover does it again. She delivers a compelling story with the power to evoke tears and laughs alike. Her trademark style emanates—both intense and effervescent, hea/>
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{BR with Dee, Mel and Sharon}

"I'll love you forever. Even when I can't."

photo adee8b1997385bb9e8f1178189b97d34_zpsthihjs9c.jpg

This is a story about a love that is lost and a love that is found. Auburn suffered a great loss when she was only 15 years old. Five years later, she finds herself living in a city, far from her family and dealing with problems that most 21 year old women would find impossible to handle.

Owen Mason Gentry, OMG, is a local artist whose paintings are based upon anonymous peoples' confessions that he receives at his studio. He and Auburn meet onSharon}
Brandi
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angst, emotional
description

What a beautiful story. I love how Colleen weaves different forms of art together, and the artwork in this book is stunning. I can always count on her to create phenomenal stories, and each experience is simply mesmerizing and unique. Within the first few pages, I had already shed a few tears, and I knew, Confess was going to be a great read. Auburn and Owen were perfection. They have both experienced so much heartbreak, they are selfless, relatable and simply loveable.

description

I'm not going to go into the
Claudia Ramírez
I really liked this book! I only took one star from it because Owen had some weird issues with the word "deserve". I didn't dig the whole: You deserve me. I deserve you. It made me cringe. BUT everything else was perfect! The last chapter (the one that was 5 years ago) almost made me cry, I think I shed a little tear or two, it was beautiful. Also! Auburn was a great female protagonist, I didn't really like Colleen's protagonist in her last two books (Tate in Ugly Love and Sydney in Maybe Someda ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

"That could be fate, you know."

I'ts long time since I have read a book from Colleen Hoover as I haven't read Ugly Love so I can say that I really missed her writing! This author is so charismatic. Each of her books have so many emotions and her stories are unique. I find this story so brilliant, the confessions from different people which become paintings and the fact that there were pictures of the paintings inside the book make it even more captivating!The prologue and the ending was intense a
Riley
Nov 06, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I am very surprised by how much I disliked this, considering everything else I have read by Colleen Hoover I have given 5 stars. Confess is told in two points of views, Auburn, who lost the love of her life when she was only 15 and now at the age of 20 she desperately needs a job, which leads her to Owen, a young artist who is looking for an assistant.

The writing in this novel wasn’t the problem. In fact the writing was the only thing I liked. Colleen Hoover knows how to construct beautiful sen

“I’ll love you forever. Even when I can’t”

Okay, this is hands-down the best Colleen Hoover book I have ever read, and I can’t stop crying!

I loved the characters in this book. Auburn was so sweet, and tried so hard even when the odds were stacked against her, and Owen went above and beyond the call of duty to help his father, even when his father didn’t thank him for it.

"It's just such a long walk from work to home, and long walks make me contemplate my life, and my life makes me cry."

I loved the storyline in thisit.

• Archer's Voice
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)
  • Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1)
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • The Hating Game
  • Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
  • After (After, #1)
  • Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
  • The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)
  • F*ck Love
  • Fallen Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #1; Too Far, #1)
  • Before We Were Strangers
  • Swear on This Life
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
  • After We Collided (After, #2)
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA, thriller and Women's Fiction. And maybe a ghost story soon.

I don't like to be confined to one genre. If you put me in a box, I'll claw my way out.

My social media username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity and Book Bonanza.

“There are people you meet that you get to know, and then there are people you meet that you already know.” 756 likes
“I'm scared I'll never feel this again with anyone else," I whisper.
He squeezes my hands. "I'm scared you will.”
568 likes