Start by marking “Morrow's Horizon” as Want to Read:
Morrow's Horizon

Morrow's Horizon (Morrow Women #1)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Blood, and love for a special little girl, bind the five Morrow sisters in an unbreakable way. Yet the family-devoted Sara Morrow yearns for more.

And that “more” looks a lot like the irresistible Jacob Ramírez.

For years, Sara’s contented herself with toe-curling fantasies about the CFO of the bank that employs her – all the while promising herself she’d never fall for the
Published April 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Morrow's Horizon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morrow's Horizon

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

Just wasn't working for me. :(

Sue
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading this debut novel and it was a refreshing change from some of the standard romances I have read by first time authors. There was a very complex hero with major issues but still alpha to the max...and a whole family of sisters, each unique in their own ways and yet all so in sync with each other.
There was romance, there was intrigue, there was family drama (both wonderfully happy and crazily dysfunctional)...good girls and bad girls and an irresistible boss who made h
Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*
SBPRBanner-MorrowsHorizon-CR

Morrow’s Horizon, the first in an all-new series of standalones from Sierra Kummings is coming April 21st!

MorrowsHorizon-wrap-web

Morrow’s Horizon by Sierra Kummings
Cover Reveal: April 7th, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Cover Designer: Rene Folsom

And that “more” looks a lot like the irresistible Jacob Ramírez.
For years, Sara’s contented herself with toe-curling fantasies a
Ryan
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a beta copy of this excellent book, so some of my criticisms may not apply anymore!

I quite enjoyed this! I am not generally one for Romance stories unless there is also plenty of mystery and/or steampunk or fantasy action. It took me a while to warm up to Sara and Jacob, but I did eventually get hooked into their story. I liked the fact that you did some chapters from Sara's point of view and some from Jacob's, it made for a much better insight into both of their mentalities.

There we
Sheila Fiske
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book to beta read, for free, to give my honest review. I enjoyed Morrow's Horizon so much, I finished it in 24 hours. I did not want to put it down. I really liked how some of the chapters were written from Jacob's point of view and Sara's point of view. The characters are well developed. I loved Sara's family. Elise is my least favorite character. You will have to read the book to find out why she is! This story flowed effortlessly. I highly recommend reading this great book. I ...more
Brigitte
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Morrow’s Horizon portrays the family devotion for a little girl with Cerebral Palsy and the effects of PTSD on an ex Marine.

Jacob is an ex Marine who is now the CFO of his family bank. He is traumatised by what took place during the war and he is plagued with flashbacks. These can be triggered by what most would consider normal during the day and he has nightmares to contend with as well. Although, he has his own coping mechanisms, he loses control on the occasions when these attacks take him b
Jessica Alcazar
HOLY CRAP! Mad props for Sierra Kummings. She got it right! :)

I almost didn’t read this book. Why? Debut novel + serious subject matter, normally does not = success. It did for Morrow's Horizon. I am stunned stupid, ya’ll. If you know me (or just look at my pic lol) then you know I take special needs seriously. I don’t care that we’re reading fiction, you need to get that right or we’re going to have a problem. SHE GOT IT ALL RIGHT! Again, stunned stupid!

The series (hopefully) will bring us a HE
Kathleen R.
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: Morrow's Horizon
Author: Sierra Kummings

4 unexpected stars

As i read along Sierra Kummings' debut novel, i was touched. It's a story that takes the subjects we know about - PTSD and degenerative diseases, and made a journey for her characters that touches you in ways you never saw coming. Jacob is a veteran suffering from PTSD when he meets Sara, the woman who is taking care of her niece, suffering from Cerebral Palsy. Both afraid of taking chances after being through so much, these two
KFForever
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Klaire Sutherland on behalf of KFF

~ 4.5 Stars ~

Debut novel that made a refreshing change from the norm. Morrow’s Horizon is a little bit of something special, touted as a debut I was in awe at the depth and thoroughness of this read. At about halfway through I wondered if perhaps this was written under a pen name and had a little nosy around to see if I could find anything. But nope…not a thing! I have to say, Morrow’s Horizon is an extremely accomplished piece of writing and utterl
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm very impressed that Morrow's Horizon is a debut story, as I wouldn't have guessed that fact had I not known beforehand. I'll break it down simply. Sara Morrow is part of a super close set of sisters. Although the strong love is there, she craves more. She's had her eye on CFO of the bank that she works at, but still set on never falling for the type of passion that ruined her parents marriage. Jacob joined the Marines right out of High School, which has become the catalyst to the nightmares ...more
Maria Angie Mendoza
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying it was a pleasure having the opportunity to review the debut novel of this new Indie author.
This was an angsty, poignant story of love family and understanding!
The story of Jacob and Sara was well written, it flowed nicely and the characters were likable and well developed. The story was told in dual POV's which heightened my understanding of what they were feeling.
This was a unique romance as the main characters each had significant personal issues that impacted their rel
Sacha
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was the recipient of an ARC

As a story, Morrow's Horizon hit all my buttons. Sexy, funny, engaging, and anticipating more. For a debut novel, Sierra Kummings has arrived as the sparkling belle of the ball. If you love relatable characters, undeniable humor, compelling side characters and steaminess all wrapped up in a great story, this is a must read.
Thai Holman
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing debut wow. What great characters. Highly enjoyed this. Can't wait to see what else this author will have next.

Loved this book. Great plot. Loved the characters. Never a dull moment.

Highly recommend this. Will be looking for more from this author.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description
Morrow's Horizon is an excellent start to a series. This is Sara and Jacob's story. Jacob is the CFO for his family's bank, who happens to employ Sara. She has had fantasies for years about her sexy Latin boss. She can't, and won't, fall for the all consuming passion that she knows they would have. That's what destroyed her parents marriage after all. One chance meeting, and one business proposal leaves them working closely together.
My heart hurt for Jacob. Dealing with PTSD, working with a fa
Mytimeoutbookblog
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: melissa
ARC received for an honest review.
Reviewed by Melissa.

For a debut I think that Sierra Kummings did a great job creating a main storyline that was very intriguing. I felt driven to learn more about the two main characters right from the moment that I read the blurb. I wanted to know if Sara got her man and if they both over come their fears.

While the main story was of Sara and Jacob, there were many secondary characters introduced though out this novel. Firstly, the Morrows are a large family.
Brandy Roberts
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Morrow's Horizon was such great read I felt the emotions through out the story , I thought the story line was very unique and refreshing I did get frustrated at times at this misunderstands the characters go through but in the end it was really enjoyable , the secondary characters were very likable the banter that they have had me die laughing I cant wait to read the sisters stories and see them get a happy ever after , loved the chemistry between Sara and Jacob super intense , you feel every em ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
I wanted to like this book more than I did. It's long -- like 50 chapters long -- and I found myself skipping over parts. I felt that there were a lot of extraneous characters and scenes that didn't really *need* to be in there, and that felt distracting to me as I was reading. And I also felt that there was an overuse of Spanish words, both from Jacob's mouth and in his inner dialog.

That said, this is still a solid romance between a former soldier suffering from PTSD and with trust issues and o
Tania's Book Blog
Apr 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Not bad for a debut novel. It was a lot to take in and at first I couldn't connect but it was decent enough to finish and follow along all the different characters involved.

Sara & Jacob had an emotional relationship. She had a niece with a disability that was her world and Jacob was suffering from PTSD and was afraid of lots of things. Sara had trust issues. Like almost every story of rich guy falling for average girl there is a rich spoiled brat that thinks things must go her way and tries
Franjessca
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full Review posted at Book Lovin' Mamas

Sierra Kummings happens to be a new to me author, so I was excited to read Morrow’s Horizon. Morrow’s Horizon is the first book in Sierra Kummings new standalone series The Morrow sisters.

The synopsis of the book is what drew me to read the first book in her standalone series.

I give this book 4 stars and recommend it to readers that enjoy to find new authors like I do and also enjoy reading Contemporary Romance.
Melissa Ryan
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
please see My Timeout Book Blog for the whole review
Sammyloo
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-arcs
A beautiful debut novel by Sierra Kummings!  I loved every minute of this story and I especially felt a connection with Sara, as a former bank teller I enjoyed the scenes of her at work.  I felt as though we were kindred spirits.

Sara could be any woman… she is strong and beautiful, and passionate.  Jacob is a troubled Latin alpha (one of my favorite types of book boyfriends).

The story was unique with a bit of angst and suspense and a whole lot of laughs.  I cannot wait to see what Sierra has
Diane Drouillard
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tomorrows Horizon is the debut novel from Sierra Kummings..a new up and coming Indie writer...This is a story of every working girl that has navigated life with less than a perfect love life more sister's than she knows what to do with and a sense of family as strong as any lion....This book is written in the points of view of Sara the main character and her love interest Jacob...I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found myself rooting for Sara to have the life she longed for...
Do yourself a favo
Kerry Richardson
DNF. There are 53 chapters plus an epilogue in this book. I read up to chapter 11 which was 31% of the story and I decided to stop reading as I was incredibly bored. The story has gone nowhere and I'm in no way gripped by it so with another 42 chapters plus epilogue to go there is no way I'm going to be able to continue when there is no substance to this story. Needless to say that I won't be reading anymore of this series.
Sarah Goulding
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Where do I begin to put into words how I feel about this book? The story follows Sara and Jacob and their new relationship. Both Sara and Jacob come with a lot of baggage from their past and a lot of issues that they both need to get past in order for them to completely feel free with one another. it With unexpected obstacles popping up all along the way, can they finally have the relationship that they are hungry for, or will Sara's view on hot men and Jacob's negative view on his effect o ...more
Alexa
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
** Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books **

Always happy to see new authors and I was really pleased to have a chance to read and review this book. I think for a debut novel this was a solid work and had a lot of potential - interesting characters, good concept, good writing.

When I read the blurb for the book I was actually super excited to read this one! It sounded like something I would really enjoy and also be the first in a great series focusing on this unique and encompassing family..
Paula  Phillips
rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2017
S-n-M Book Blog - Steph
The characters were a little hard for me to connect with at first, but eventually I grew to like them and hope that everything would work the way they hoped.

For a debut novel this book is written well. There are a few parts that were confusing and a few that I skipped over, but overall, I enjoyed the concept and the likeable characters.

I feel there were some parts that didn't need to be in here. They didn't do anything to help the story and those were the parts I found myself skimming.

Good conc
Felicia Eddy
Apr 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book and there parts I truly did, there were other parts I found to be disjointed almost unfinished even though the book is 50 chapters long.

Jacob Ramirez is in pain, a former Marine he is suffering from PTSD in a major way. He is also CFO of his family's bank with a terrible relationship with his dad who he is trying to unseat as CEO. Enter Sara Marrow an employee who has had a major crush on Jacob and she finally meets him in a random meeting that throws both Jacob and S
Sierra Kummings
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Allyson
Apr 24, 2017
Sierra Kummings is a writer of contemporary erotic romances. Her three loves are her family, writing, and chocolate–though not always in that order. She discovered creative writing in high school, but set her dream aside to pursue a master’s degree in professional counseling. She now puts her degree to good use strengthening characters that have been in her head since her teens. In addition to pen ...more
More about Sierra Kummings...