Start by marking “Product Mastery: From Good To Great Product Ownership” as Want to Read:
Product Mastery: From Good To Great Product Ownership

Product Mastery: From Good To Great Product Ownership

Scrum is the most successful framework for agile product development and much has been written about how to follow the Scrum process but the key to success is in the leadership skills of the product owner.
Product Mastery explores the traits of the best product owners offering an insight into the difference between good and great product ownership and explaining how the be
Published February 2nd 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Product Mastery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Product Mastery

Start your review of Product Mastery: From Good To Great Product Ownership
Andreea Visanoiu
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Why I gave it only 3 stars - even though it's a fairly good book: it's expectations vs reality. The title of the book lead me to believe we will discuss how to build great products (product mastery), so I was expecting learning on the topic, but the book delivered more on how to become a great Product Owner / Manager. It's focused mostly on the human part, PO skills and how you can be a great PO. Now from this point of view the book is great, but because I expected to focus on building products, ...more
Sopha Nem
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-knowledge
Very good read for me as a junior product owner. The differentiation of good to great product owners are very helpful. For further spoilers of my take-aways from the book, please check: http://thatvoiceinsidemyhead.com/prod... ...more
Vivify M
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
In spite of some solid advise for product managers, this is ultimately a scrum book. It focuses on the role of the scrum Product Owner, at the exclusion of product management in general. Fortunately, there are books which have more to say on this topic.

It could have benefited by defining terms, starting with first principles and discussing how Product fits into organisations.

It reinforced my reservations of scrum, as a process concerned primarily with delivery and not discovery. My feeling is
Lukasz Nalepa
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-work
It's a fairly nice book, describing pretty well how one should approach work of a Product Ownership. Book focuses nicely on some typical problems and misconceptions related to this role, and leverages a lot of dillemas a typical PO will sooner or later will face. It's not that good as Scrum Mastery, but I would also recommend it as a mustread lecture to anyone who is aspiring to do any Agile process well, and especially all Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum Masters and all other Managers.
Outdoors Nerd
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read and resource for prospective and seasoned POs.

Outlines the traits of great product ownership. Also gives you tools and methodologies to take it to the next level.

The best product owners are DRIVEN to be successful...

Decisive with incomplete information.

Ruthless about maximizing value and minimizing risk.

Informed in your product’s domain.

Versatile in your leadership style.

Empowering ... of project stakeholders.

Negotiable ... while you pursue your vision.
Mya
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would recommend to any Product Owner or aspiring Product Owner. Possibly more valuable to those starting off on their journey, however, even more experienced POs should still find some valuable tidbits, particularly related to things like difficult conversations. These insights could be helpful to any team member - not only Product Owners.
Pedro Almeida
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: agile
If you want to become a more DRIVEN product Owner this is a great book. Using examples for helping the reader understand better what is the purpose of everything. Is a must have for those who believe the difference in our products is in the way we do the things rather the product itself. The product will be the result of our way of doing it!
Love the book!!
Gary Watts
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good concise summary of Product Management, narrated well and with good stories and anecdotes to go with a simple articulation of the essence of product management. The importance of the human aspects as a critical success factor and how to make that work come through well.
Nathalie Karasek
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book recommended for everyone who is new to the product owner or scrum master role
Alicia
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
The stuff you already know but need to be told sometimes because you don't always do what you should.
Michal Wlodarski
Very good intro book for POs

Author covers several of the PO life situations and provides tactics to cope with them. A good introductory book for anyone doing PO/PM job
Udaykiran Joshi
Another masterpiece from Geoff!! Not as great as the 'Scrum Mastery'... However it's still a Must read! I enjoy the simplicity and the style of his writing... Good vs Great! I found the first half of the book more exciting than the second half!
Jovan Vidić
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Good for beginners and less experienced product owners/managers. As someone who is almost 15 years in the industry, I've expected much more...
Denny Yusuf

• The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
  • Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days
  • Measure What Matters
  • Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time
  • The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations
  • Mastering Professional Scrum: A Practitioner's Guide to Overcoming Challenges and Maximizing the Benefits of Agility
  • The Professional Product Owner: Leveraging Scrum as a Competitive Advantage
  • The Scrum Fieldbook: A Master Class on Accelerating Performance, Getting Results, and Defining the Future
  • Impact Mapping: Making a Big Impact with Software Products and Projects
  • Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders
  • Clean Agile: Back to Basics
  • Strategize: Product Strategy and Product Roadmap Practices for the Digital Age
  • The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever