Start by marking “Snotgirl Vol. 1: Green Hair Don't Care” as Want to Read:
Snotgirl Vol. 1: Green Hair Don't Care

Snotgirl Vol. 1: Green Hair Don't Care

(Snotgirl #1-5)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  7,949 ratings  ·  1,065 reviews
From bestselling BRYAN LEE O’MALLEY (Scott Pilgrim) and superstar newcomer LESLIE HUNG! Lottie Person is a glamorous fashion blogger living her best life—at least that’s what she wants you to think. The truth is, her friends are terrible people, her boyfriend traded her up for someone younger, her allergies are out of control, and she may or may not have killed somebody! S ...more
Published February 22nd 2017 by Image

To ask other readers questions about Snotgirl Vol. 1, please sign up.
Tom Wallace The main character is likable IMO, and the art style and coloring is fantastic. The first volume can be purchased for under $10, so it's worth…moreThe main character is likable IMO, and the art style and coloring is fantastic. The first volume can be purchased for under $10, so it's worth checking out. I'll definitely be continuing the story.(less)

HFK
Mar 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paidkindle, graphics
I read the first volume of Snotgirl as single issues, the extra material may vary from the full volume that collects the issues 1 to 5.

Snotgirl is my biggest disappointment so far in 2017, a comic that I have been drooling over to read since all the five first issues were published last year. I was so looking forward to colorful, fun girly-time, but got something entirely different.

I really do adore the colorful, manga-like art that is spread all over with eye-devouring panels. This is the best
Melanie

This is a five issue bind up that stars an almost twenty-six-year-old blogger, who feels like her online life is way more exciting than her offline life. I mean, #relatable. Online she is a big fashion blogger, who just recently celebrated her eight-year blog anniversary! She has a very large social media presence, but it takes a lot of work, and a lot of pretending to be something she’s not.

Offline, Lottie suffers from very bad allergies. She meets a girl who soon dubs her “snotgirl” but it’s
Donovan
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nope

That was not fun. You know those movies about really douchey vapid teenagers? I could be wrong, but I think O'Malley is trying to satirize those and to no avail, because it isn't funny, it's just douchey and vapid. Los Angeles. Text speak. Fashion blogging. Cliques. This comic is going to be terribly dated in about five years. And seriously, if allergies are the worst thing Snotgirl has to worry about, that's about the least interesting character ever. Talk about first world problems. Although t
Sam Quixote
Lottie Person is a twentysomething LA fashion blogger who looks beautiful and perfectly put-together on the surface but in secret her allergies turn her into a snotty mess. When she meets a new friend, something terrible happens on their night out sending Lottie into a mental and emotional spiral!

I really love Bryan Lee O’Malley’s comics so it’s disappointing that his first Image book is pants. Boy howdy does this series need a story! Barely anything happens in this first volume. There’s the sc
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Finally got around to finishing this after putting it down for like 4 months! I had a really rough start with this one and I didn’t like it at all, hence why I originally put it down. I just picked it back up today and ended up LOVING it in the end. I’m pleasantly surprised and will definitely be continuing in the future!
Monica
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
lol I feel personally attacked by this, but also I loved it.
Peter Derk
If you're looking for a comic to makes you feel like a one-thousand year old man who doesn't give a hot damn about chat apps and blogs and whatnot, pick up this book immediately.
Book Roast
Loved the art!
Very interesting and grim take on social influencer with a super low self esteem, but a public image of 'perfection'.
Jenbebookish
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2017
I liked the artwork, and I liked the concept. The whole she's-supercute-and-looks-like-she-has-it-all-together-but-is-actually-insecure-and-has-problems-just-like-the-rest-of-us. I dug it. It was very ala-real-life. We all take selfies and pick out the best looking one right? We all have bodily functions and secretions we pretend don't exist. We all stalk our exes and our ex's new girlfriends, and her friends, and her family and her exes right?! Lol (or wait, is that just me?)

So I was diggen it
Cindy Pham
I'm confused about the point of this book. Although the art is great, there doesn't seem to be much point to the story, and the characters are all vapid. I read that the plot makes more sense and pieces itself together in future volumes, but the story should have been of good quality enough to set itself up in the first volume here, and instead I felt like I just read prettily drawn nonsense.
Gabrielle
Got this on a whim while browsing at the comic book store: probably out of weird-haired-girl sentimentality...

I like the idea of looking behind online persona: everyone only ever posts the best versions of themselves, but we all know that's a happy shiny lie, and that most perfect people online are the ones who are the biggest insecure wrecks offline.

Lottie is a fashion blogger and Internet celebrity, which is basically a compound of things that make me eyeroll. She excessively labels everyone t
ashley (saidthestory)
I didn't love this as much as I wanted to, however, I think the series holds potential. I'll definitely be reading on.
Chelsea
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This has a very solid vibe and I dig it!

I've heard that a lot of people weren't fond of this book because the main character wasn't likable. I really think that's the point, guys.

There's a pretty basic message here about bloggers presenting a perfect image to the world but that's not who they are in real life. I get it. The added layers here are interesting.

Lottie is not a likable person. She's selfish, cold hearted, attention seeking and spoiled. She gives her friends nicknames, one of which w
merina rey
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m surprised. I did not intend to give it 5⭐, but the art is so beautiful and I find the color palette of it all so gorgeous. The story itself has a few issues, but I’m hoping those will be resolved in the near future. If not, the rating may drop.
I loved Lottie as a character and I enjoyed how it showed a more realistic side to the whole internet-famous thing.
The plot intrigued me enough to immediately order the second volume as soon as I finished this one.
I would recommend it for the art al
Julia Sapphire
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
3.25-3.5 ish stars

GORGEOUS art! The story was interesting, it's odd and at times I was kind of confused. I am going to be picking up the next volume though because I'm curious as to what is going to happen! This was super dramatic at times though omg. but it kept me engaged and I must know what happens
Ashley Daviau
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up on a whim because the title made me laugh and I’m so glad I did because I loved this so much. It’s absolutely hilarious and I love how it kind of pokes fun at the whole blogging world. But it’s done in a way that’s not nasty but insightful and eye opening. Because it’s true in a way, everybody who posts on any online platform is only showing the best version of themselves and hiding the real nasty snotty bits behind the curtains.
Mindi
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So my newfound love of graphic novels may have led me a bit astray here. I'm definitely not the target audience for this one, but I went into it knowing very little, since I've had such good luck in the past, and to be honest I'm surprised it took me this long to find one that I didn't connect with.

Lottie Person is a 20-something fashion blogger living in LA. She has glamorous and intolerable friends, an ex-boyfriend who pops up practically everywhere she goes with his new girlfriend who accordi
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bea-2018
First read of the BookTubeAThon 2018 DONE! Though I’m not entirely sure what’s happening in this story, I REALLY liked this first volume. I’m excited to continue with the series!
Jeannette Nikolova
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog.

To say that I didn't love this volume would be a lie. I don't even think I've experienced such anticipation and excitement to get my hands on a comic book volume. And Snotgirl managed to deliver.

It's safe to say now that I am a huge Bryan Lee O'Malley fangirl. His humor and satire are so on point, both here and in Scott Pilgrim. He manages to catch the gist of an entire generation and twist it up in such a way that you find it both funny and endearing,
Cat  (cat-thecatlady)
notes from re-read: loved it a lot more now that I know what to expect! can’t wait for more

this was strange, but I liked it. it's a bit all over the place, and it tries to do a lot of things all at the same time but it's still interesting to read. o'malley's unlikable characters and hung's art made it for me.

full review here: https://catshelf.wordpress.com/2017/0...
ellie ♡
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
3.5 | the main thing about this graphic novel that i liked was the art/coloring. the color palette for this book is just so aesthetically pleasing, and the artwork was simple but very appealing. i also liked the plot, and the premise of the comic (it’s basically the ‘behind the scenes’ of a famous fashion blogger with severe allergies and shitty friends) really intrigued me, but i found myself to be confused at a lot of points throughout the novel. overall, though, i did enjoy reading this and i ...more
Becky
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This ended up being a really fun read - I enjoyed it much more than I initially thought I would! At the start it had gossip girl vibes and Lottie reminded me in parts of Blair Waldorf.
However I began liking her character much more towards the end - I could see ways in which she didn’t think she was perfect, she developed well throughout when she encountered certain loses throughout.

This story is about a fashion blogger who looks beautiful and perfect, but she’s hiding a bad allergy problem...yo
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
Green hair and long black hair are my two favourite aesthetics so I ship Lottie and Caroline so much!

I definitely like the art and colouring style more than the plot itself, and that alone is enough too convince me I need the next volume now!
Alison
Apr 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
3.5 STARS.
The artwork in this is beautiful and I was in love with the main character's design.
This is about a big-time fashion blogger who is unhappy with her life & mostly her friends. She has severe allergies (hence, Snotgirl) and tries to hide them from the world. She meets a new friend and is mesmerized by how cool she seems. They go out and Snotgirl witnesses her new friend's death. Or so she thought.....
I think the premise of this is pretty cool and it is mysterious, I can't even begi
Lauren
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I’m really surprised by the number of 2 star ratings Snotgirl has received because I loved it!!

Going in to Snotgirl I was a bit hesitant since the author is a bit hit-or-miss with me - I thoroughly enjoyed the Scott Pilgrim series but was left cold by Lost at Sea. Snotgirl however was a lovely surprise. It was funny, sarcastic, beautifully bold and captured the fashion blogger, Lottie Person, perfectly. I think a few readers expected to love her but found her to be quite annoying/vain/
Venus Maneater
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love it! O'Malley managed to capture the feeling of slowly losing your sanity and grip upon reality SO well, that I'm kinda worried about his mental health. :')!

The first issue feels like a soft satire of Instagram Culture, but after the introduction of Coolgirl the vibe slowly starts to slide from Mean Girls to a Valley Girl-esque Fight Club or Mulholland Drive-ish feel. All very mellow, minimal blood and violence. But Lottie is slowly drifting apart and I think she'll truly snap in V
Anthony
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: image
Scott Pilgrim is one of my favourites and I liked Seconds, so I gave Bryan Lee O'Malleys new ongoing from Image a shot. He's not on art (already a slight disappointment) though, but that doesn't stop him from making lots of references to popular culture.

Snotgirl is about a fashion blogger who has really bad allergies. The good thing about this book is that it's plot is easier to summize compared to some other Image books. The main problem that I have is that I found none of the characters really
Isabela
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It seems like this Graphic Novel is not that popular, but hey, I really liked it. The art is gorgeous and I thought the plot was very interesting and easy to follow - a lot of Graphic Novels I read seems like the story is very rushed, but I didn't have that problem with Snotgirl, Vol. 1: Green Hair Don't Care. I'll definitely read the next volume. :)
Bexnbookx
Want to see me talk about books? Check out my Youtube Channel: Bexnbookx

Snotgirl, Volume 1 was a strange start to this graphic novel series... It has slightly psychopathic characters, and not much of a plot.

Snotgirl follows Lottie Person, a gorgeous and flawless social media star and fashion blogger with a perfect life... But behind closed doors, she is snot girl with allergies she has no way of controlling and terrible friends to go along with it. Lottie is self-conscious, and paranoid, but sh
Nutralyfe Regain : Increase your Hair Growth 1 2 Jun 28, 2018 11:16PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #26 Snotgirl v1 by Bryan Lee O'Malley 1 5 Jun 20, 2017 07:32PM
Bryan Lee O'Malley is a Canadian cartoonist. His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003), and he is best-known for the six-volume Scott Pilgrim series (2004 to 2010). All of his Scott Pilgrim graphic novels were published by Portland, Oregon-based Oni Press. In July 2014 his graphic novel Seconds was released by Ballantine Books. He is also a songwriter and musician (as Kupek and forme ...more

Snotgirl (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Snotgirl #1