Start by marking “Nerve Endings: The New Trans Erotic” as Want to Read:
Nerve Endings: The New Trans Erotic

Nerve Endings: The New Trans Erotic

A trans woman watches her sleeping lover and contemplates the moment of his departure. A genderqueer sissy fantasizes alone about connection in their hotel room. A trans woman adjunct professor and sex worker is hired for a sex party held by her colleges philosophy department. A trans boy has a Craigslist hookup with a queen embarked on detransition. A bodiless AI ...more
Published February 17th 2017 by Instar Books

To ask other readers questions about Nerve Endings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nerve Endings

Start your review of Nerve Endings: The New Trans Erotic
Xan West
Going to add trigger warnings as I read & write the review when I am done reading.

(view spoiler)
Rivqa
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
As is often the case with anthologies, some stories engaged me more than others, but on the whole I enjoyed this book, while recognising that I am not necessarily its target audience. I'd expected the combination of speculative and contemporary fiction to be jarring, but it flowed smoothly between genres. An excellent and important collection of erotica, with more than a few incredibly moving stories that I suspect will remain with me.

Some stories mention violence in various degrees of detail.
Bogi Takács
Feb 20, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Not posting about it in detail now, because I'm considering the SFF stories from it for reprinting in Transcendent 3.

Source of the book: Contrib copy from publisher
John
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Way to go Tobi,

I am impressed with the currency
of the authors works--
Whatthelog
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am so incredibly excited to talk about Nerve Endings: The New Trans Erotic with you today! You may have seen the Kickstarter as of right now, the book is being printed, and soon many of the backers will be receiving their copies. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC, so here we go! (Please note that I am cis, so everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. Once a trans blogger posts their review, I will link it here.)

This anthology blew me away (no pun intended). There was such a
Zoe
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit this book is amazing! A much needed addition to both trans literature and erotica. I only wish there was more.
Mara
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This anthology is very important to me. I got it right when it came out and there is some stories I have reread multiple times now. Not just because their hot, though many of them are, but also for all the feelings they give me. Also because their just really hot.
There is one story ("figuring it out") in there i would have loved to have read a bit earlier, because it would have saved me from a lot of heartbreak.
There is also like 3 stories I did not like, at all, but that's to be expected from
Janet
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Too many of these aren't particularly erotic, which is to say there are only a few anyone can satisfyingly arouse themself with. That effectiveness may rely on identifying with a character, so maybe it's just that I'm cis - although I find it pretty easy to get off to even badly written stories that weren't written for me to identify with who I do. The stories in Nerve Endings are more just explorations of subjective facets of trans sexuality, all much more narratively focused and often ...more
Celia
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: queer
For an erotic collection... the emotional/tonal whiplash between some stories was pretty intense. Obviously, different strokes for different folks as the saying goes, but a good portion of these stories weren't erotic at all. At times, it felt like this was less a tonally coherent collection than an opportunity to showcase trans writers - which I love! but wish it were more accurately advertised as such. I will say that when the stories were hot they were smokin' hot, but every time I would love ...more
Konner
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer
This collection is excellent. As with any anthology, there were authors who I liked better than others, but in general the caliber of writing is amazing. The stories are hot and frank and funny and diverse. Some of them are very sad. Some are triumphant. They describe vanilla sex and kink, monogamous partnerships and orgies, first experiences and sex work, in our world and other worlds. I hope this book inspires more queer and trans people to write about the sex theyre having or want to be ...more
Samuel
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq-recs
A diverse and interesting collection. It lost that last star because a couple of stories were a little weaker than the rest, and it could have done with one more proofread. On the whole, though, it was a pleasure to read. Here's to hoping there'll be a Nerve Endings 2!
Elizabeth Fitzgerald
This book is jam-packed with stories and a lot more of them were speculative than I'd been expecting. Singularity by Katherine Cross was a particular stand out.
Meg
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved most of the stories, but there were some that were a bit more confusing with the fantasy/sci fi plotlines, or more poorly written than others. Overall, highly recommend.
Melissa Sage Dumont
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
a mixed bag: some truly excellent, one or two real stinkers, but almost all of them are good and entertaining enough
Stephanie
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'd actually started reading this before and got smashed up against a story that was triggering, but I remembered it about halfway through and could skip it.
Silas Woodsmith
Oct 19, 2018
thom
Jan 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Incorrect author attribution on "Nerve Endings: The New Trans Erotic" 1 7 Dec 21, 2017 03:29PM
Goodreads Librari...: Book issues + Book cover 9 208 Feb 16, 2017 05:52PM

• Zami: A New Spelling of My Name
  • I'm Afraid of Men
  • Over the Top: A Raw Journey to Self-Love
  • Love Beyond Body, Space, and Time
  • Paul Takes the Form of a Mortal Girl
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • Electric Arches
  • Charity and Sylvia: A Same-Sex Marriage in Early America
  • Little Bird: The Fight for Elder's Hope
  • Unquiet Women
  • Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5)
  • Our Super Adventure Vol. 2: Video Games and Pizza Parties
  • Wait, What?: A Comic Book Guide to Relationships, Bodies, and Growing Up
  • Leche Del Sueño
  • Stranger Intimacy: Contesting Race, Sexuality and the Law in the North American West
  • Morning in America