Start by marking “Claimed By Power (Empire of Angels #1)” as Want to Read:
Claimed By Power (Empire of Angels #1)

Claimed By Power (Empire of Angels #1)

Not all angels are angelic…

Thea Robinson has never needed anyone’s charity. Sure, her impoverished existence isn’t desired by most, but her ability to manipulate people’s emotions helps her to blend into the shadows of an unforgiving city. When hideous creatures threaten her life, a surly but gorgeous stranger shows up revealing a world she didn’t know existed. She refuses
Published April 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Claimed By Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claimed By Power

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionI love yhis cover! Great representation of the book (obviously.) Fantastic composition. Nice typography with an eye-catching title. The light blue on the B&W background really makes it POP.description

descriptionI enjoyed this one. It was a good start to an ongoing series. It was well written and nicely paced. It had a fair bit of angst. Some hot sex scenes. There was a good amount of relationship and world building, so it takes the hero/heroine awhile to get together. I struggled a bit with that because it hinder
Natalie The Biblioholic
Mar 20, 2017 Natalie The Biblioholic rated it really liked it
Summary:
Thea has started to see things. Ugly-looking demon things and no one else seems to see them. Like her life wasn't hard enough, right? Now she's seeing things. It becomes all too real when she's under attack and a gorgeous man comes to her rescue. But Cam isn't any ordinary man. He's the most ruthless of all the Power angels and has been tasked to train Thea on her new abilities. That's right, Thea isn't quite human either. She's half angel, a nephilim.

My Thoughts:
Thea was absolutely
Tijuana [Love & HEA Book Blog]
Mar 24, 2017 Tijuana [Love & HEA Book Blog] rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, romance, fantasy
This is a good start to a new series. The concept and storyline are engaging and new (at least to me). I was very intrigued and look forward to more of Cam and Thea's story!

Here's the breakdown: Thea's had a hard life. She does what she has to do to survive, which includes a few side jobs. During one such job, she notices strange creatures all around. She soon determines that other humans can't see them. Eventually, they attack and she uncovers the truth about the existence of Angels and Demons.
Snow
Mar 16, 2017 Snow rated it really liked it

3.75 "a natural mate" stars

First time I have read anything by this author, and to tell you the truth I always dive in when there's fantasy/paranormal read available or offered...so, this was intereasting to say the least, it wasn't a "knock you off of your feet" kinda story but it was a fast read, it had action, steamy sexy times, a little bit of angsty drama cause of the stubborness as a trade mark of both of the leading characters! But I had fun!

Elithea/Thea is living in a human world, not kn
❤️*~JesseJess~*❤️ ~Give me your OTT alpha's and anti-heroes~
Apr 29, 2017 ❤️*~JesseJess~*❤️ ~Give me your OTT alpha's and anti-heroes~ rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone over the age of 18 with a thing for Angelic alpha males.
Note to the author: I see your halo

I'm going to start off with kind of an awkward story time but I'll make it short. About 9 maybe 10 years ago I became obsessed with a paranormal trilogy about vampires and one smokin hot werewolf-Yes, I'm talking about twilight. Gawd. My friends and I had a club and my first e-mail was something like jessecullen69@hotmail, I don't remember if that was the actual one don't even think I ever f**king used it but it was there all the same. Barf right? The reason t
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 28, 2017 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
Thea can invade people's emotions and manipulate them any way she pleases. She does this sometimes to get what she wants, sometimes feeling guilty but she tries to use her power only for good. When she sees horned, demon-like creatures following her one night, she is sure she must be hallucinating. But these creatures are real and she is in trouble.

Cam is an angel whose life goal is to kill demons. After losing his destined mate, Cam has turned his rage into fighting demons, making him one of th
L. Jacobs
Apr 03, 2017 L. Jacobs rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this, I'm not usually into angels but I'de definitely give Cam a go or two ;) Thea hasn't had the easiest life and her trust in Cam doesn't come easy, he's a power angel assigned to train her to become even more of a badass Nephilim (half human, half angel) but she's always had to be independent, she doesn't like taking orders from the beautiful jerk. I won't give anything away, just read it!
Shari Kay
May 08, 2017 Shari Kay marked it as maybe-maybe-not
cliffy...will wait for completion
Zoey Ellis
Mar 24, 2017 Zoey Ellis added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers who love angel warriors
Shelves: one-of-mine, angel
When warrior angel Cam meets half-angel Thea, he never counted on her being so beautiful, so fierce, so most definitely his. Claimed By Power - Available Now on Amazon.

Dawn West
Apr 03, 2017 Dawn West rated it it was amazing

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

A powerful warrior angel meets a fiery woman and the results are explosive!

Thea is barely holding it together. Her apartment is shabby, the work she's doing isn't exactly inspiring, and her best friend is the only real family she has left. But Thea does have a secret. She has the power to reach into people's minds and help to alter their emotions. It's not a cure-all to her problems, but it's something. That is, until she begins to see
Lyns
I can't wait for the next book! I hope to find out more about Amber's story too (hint). I love finding new authors and falling in love with their unique writing styles <3
Katy
Mar 31, 2017 Katy rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, coverly-love, romance, pnr
I just want to start out by saying man, that cover. So beautiful.
Now onto the review.
There was a lot to like here, but for me, it just wasn't enough.
The plot itself was great. Thea Robinson is the independent, feisty heroine that has the ability to manipulate people's emotions. She suddenly starts seeing things, nasty creatures that turn out to be a variety of demons. She finds out that she is Nephilim, a half human, half angel. Cam is a Power angel, a high ranking angel that fights demons. Cam
EndlessReading
Mar 31, 2017 EndlessReading rated it really liked it
Absolutely Loved

***UPDATE***

Firstly I would like to give Zoey Ellis a HUGE thank you for kindly providing me with a copy of "Claimed By Power" to read and review.

Thea isn't your ordinary human, she has "powers of emotion" in which she uses to her advantages when the need to arises. Living in a dive of an area with her best friend Amber, they haven't had the best up bringing, Thea striving to provide a good life for them both.

Thea is fiercely independent, understandably suspicious and distrustful
ACSquared Book Blog
Apr 03, 2017 ACSquared Book Blog rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I really enjoy PNR and this was different than anything else I've read. I liked that there was more to it than a romance, I liked the fact that there was combat and more of a purpose than love. Zoey, you did such a good job! I can't for the next book!!!
Belinda Visser
Apr 13, 2017 Belinda Visser rated it it was amazing
Wow!! I love reading paranormal stories especially Demons and Angels stories. I loved the cover which I was hooked from and wanted to read the story. I absolutely loved Claimed by power. The book had me from the beginning to the end as I couldn't put the book down so be ready for a fantastic ride.
The story is full of action, adventure, hot sexy chemistry between Cam and Thea and twist that will keep you turning pages until the end.
I couldn’t get enough of this story and I didn't want the book
Astronimamkm Mary
Mar 21, 2017 Astronimamkm Mary rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves paranormal
This is a new author for me. I am excited that I found her and fell in love with her unique paranormal story. This was also my first paranormal about angels and demons and it didn't disappoint. The plot was well developed in my opinion. It covered the Earth realm and how demons and angels both interact with human's. There is a battle going on that we on Earth have no idea the precarious balance that can tip either way.
Elithea is the heroine in the story. Thea for short. She is fiercely loyal to
SBooks
SBooks rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2017
Selena C.P
Selena C.P rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2017
Amy Shannon
Apr 04, 2017 Amy Shannon rated it really liked it
Devilish Angels!

I enjoyed this paranormal story, and having it been the first book I've read from Ellis, I may be inclined to read more of her stories. Angels and devils jump off the pages, and bring this story together. There are some minor detractions in the story, and some characters lacked a certain chemistry, but all in all, I liked the story. The interaction with angels, devils, and humans, and those who happen to be both, gives a great plot point to the story.
Cynth
Cynth rated it really liked it
May 12, 2017
C. Erani Kole
Apr 02, 2017 C. Erani Kole rated it really liked it
*voluntarily and honestly reviewed the ARC I received from the author*

This was pretty good! Firstly, I'm totally invested in this series because there's finally a series I've come across that deals with the angels' hierarchy. I liked the writing. I thought it did pretty well to show Thea's struggles and explain why she is the way she is. The same goes for Cam, with his own personal struggle to accept certain things. They both fear change and what it means to be vulnerable. The romance was a nice
Meirisya
i really want to like this book.. but, nope .. a coward stupid stuborn MC just ruined it at 80%.

damn you woman, you act like you have a terrible past, you didn't want to give up your independent because you experience with your ex, but what exactly your ex do to you??

and mate for eternity in this book is just meh..
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2017
Miriam Meza
I've been a fan of Paranormal Romance for a while. I lost the count of the book that I've read and I've enjoyed through the years. Lately, and because of the predictable that the Paranormal stories where turning to me, I started to try different things. Claimed by Power was a wonderful excuse to read PNR again and now I'm going to talk you about this book.

I met the author thanks to a email, and she kindly asked me to read her work. I was thrilled because I love discovering new authors and storie
rachel k
rachel k rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2017
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2017
Alexiel13
Alexiel13 rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2017
Jojo29
Jojo29 rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2017
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2017
Tina Williams
Apr 03, 2017 Tina Williams rated it really liked it
Smexy and captivating start to a new series ~ 4 and a half stars
Claimed by Power is a smexy and captivating start to new series by Zoey Ellis. It pairs a drop-dead gorgeous alpha angel, with serious attitude issues, with a strong-willed young woman who has only just come into to her powers as a fledgling half-angel. If you are after a sexy and fast-paced read with a paranormal twist then look no further - this book delivers on all counts!
Thea’s existence is a hard one, as she tries to make a lif
Like Zoey on Facebook

Zoey Ellis spends her most of her time thinking up stories that explore how love and romance can be tested by the darker side of our personalities and the heart-wrenching challenges that must be overcome for love to win, even if two people belong together.

If you're interested in hearing about Zoey's new releases first, as well as her bonuses and giveaways, sign up to her newsl
More about Zoey Ellis...

Empire of Angels (3 books)
  • Ruined By Power (Empire of Angels #2)
  • Awakened By Power (Empire of Angels, #3)