Start by marking “The Sweetest Kind of Fate (Windy City Magic, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sweetest Kind of Fate (Windy City Magic, #2)

The Sweetest Kind of Fate

(Windy City Magic #2)

GREAT. I’ve somehow found myself tangled up with a siren, a mermaid, and a homicidal wicked witch who once tried to strangle me to death. Way to go, Amber!

Amber Sand, legendary matchmaker, couldn’t be more surprised when her arch nemesis, Ivy, comes asking for her help. Ivy’s sister, Iris, is getting married, and Ivy wants to prove her sister is making a huge mistake. But
Published February 13th 2018 by Disney-Hyperion

☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Q:
MOUNTING evidence suggests I may be a masochist. (c)
Am I deranged? Insane?
Don’t answer that. …
Maybe, in addition to my being insane, a shape-shifter has stolen my body and taken over my social calendar? (c)
Q:
… I handled it with my usual finesse and grace (i.e., I lost it). (с)
Q:
I can’t even remember a time when she’s been alone. Maybe she’s instructed her groupies to get her a beverage or cry quietly in a corner until she’s returned. Either is plausible. (c)
...Duh.”
I turn to Amani. “Do p
Kat
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-3
So, when it rains it pours! I got all these awesome books I requested at our local library and I am so happy! Especially about The Sweetest Kind of Fate. I LOVED the first book in this series, and the dilemma of Amber Sand, witch matchmaker who can see the true love match of a person when she looks into their eyes. But poor Amber has to face looking into her boyfriend Charlie’s eyes every day, and seeing the face of her friend, Kim, knowing he is destined to end up with Kim instead of her. That ...more
chloe ❀
Happy endings do not always stem from seamless beginnings. Life is not linear; there's not one straight path. Mistakes and misfortunes are part of the game; the Fates certainly see to it. Love is a surrender, giving in to the unknown and hoping for the best. But no matter how much we stumble and fall, we eventually find our way.

I've found mine.

Again, I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I started reading this right after I finished the first book because I DESPERATELY WANTED TO KNOW IF CHARLIE AND AMBER GET THE
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)

I read this back-to-back with the first book and I regret nothing!

I'm not really ready for this duology to end. These books are just the perfect palate cleanser after you've read a few crazy involved fantasy novel. It's fast-paced, cute and full of fun characters. Our main character, Amber, is back and now she is dating our adorable little Ch
Morris
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: recommend, 2018-read
“The Sweetest Kind of Fate” is a fun follow-up to the original “Windy City Magic.” It is a quick and light read perfect for fans of magical realism. While there are some intense scenes in terms of magical creatures, there are very few curse words or sexual situations of any kind, making it a good choice for younger readers of the ya genre.

This unbiased review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own

This book absolutely warmed my heart and would be such a fantastic book for new readers growing into YA as well as anyone feeling a slump coming on. It's just so whimsical with the magic and simple to read being set in our world with pop culture references made that we all know.

The characters, lessons and relationships are adorable and healthy. They promote cherishing these things as well as give the tools on how to deal with bumps in the road. Amber battl
MissBecka
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to MissBecka by: Kat
WOW!
I really hope the author writes more for this series 'cause I am loving the Amber Sands chronicles!!!
This series is ridiculously fun!
I love how all the characters developed and mutated into something different or more in this book.
It was a bit darker than the first book, but in a good way.
So many secrets revealed and drama unfolded!
Please please please please let there be more books written for this series!!!!!!
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

The Sweetest Kind of Fate is Crystal Cestari’s second installment in the Windy City Magic series. It continues Amber’s adventures in matchmaking although this time around, her nemesis, Ivy, comes to her and asks her to check out her sister and see if her true love is really her match. And when Amber complies the answer is not to Ivy’s liking and so begins the tale of
All Things Urban Fantasy
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-kate
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

THE SWEETEST KIND OF FATE is an excellent follow up to THE BEST KIND OF MAGIC. With high school drama and first love, this reads like a young adult contemporary romance at times. With excellent characters and exciting paranormal aspects, THE SWEETEST KIND OF FATE is a perfect read if you're looking for something light with a bit of a fantasy vibe.

Having read THE BEST KIND OF MAGIC, I knew to expect a fluffy, YA contemporary feel. Since it was expected,
Stephanie Ward
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
'The Sweetest Kind of Fate' is the second installment in a fun YA paranormal series that fans of the genre are sure to love. I definitely recommend reading the first book in the series before this one - it's not completely dependent on it, but will give inside perspective and you'll be in the know about what's been happening. I'm always immediately drawn to any book that has to do with magic and witches, so this was a no brainer for me.

The plot was interesting and full of little surprises. I li
TheYALibrarian
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
Tess (Book_Voyage)
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: magic
This book was a super sweet way to end the series! I am so sad that this series is over. I seriously hope Ms. Cestari has another book planned soon, even if it is not for this series. I have been a loyal reader since the very beginning and l can't wait to see what she writes next! I will support Ms. Cestari as a reader always~ I am grateful to have had the chance to get a glimpse into Amber's world and I will treasure these stories forever. Love isn't always perfect, it is about supporting each ...more
Lindsey
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Oh girl, that was SO bad. The Amber I knew and loved from the first book got turned in to some lovesick, annoying, whiny baby. And the entire plot line of turning a siren into a mermaid was just dumb. And through the entire book, Amber just complained about Charlie not being her match. Like, we get it. We know. Please stop beating us over the head with it. I’m really disappointed because I adored the first book so very much and was looking forward to the sequel so hard.
Teresa
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book followed up "The Best Kind of Magic" in the best way possible. I loved that we got more from the relationship between Amber and her mother and Amani and Vincent. I selfishly would love another book in this series but would be very happy with the way it ended if this is the last book.
It was fun to see more of the matchmaking side of Amber as well as get introduced to more supernatural characters!
Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC!
Sadie Hillier
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: work-reads, ya
This book was absolutely delightful. It is such a perfect followup to The Best Kind of Magic. It's a fun story with a perfect mix of female friendships, a strong mother-daughter relationship, empowerment, angst, romance, and (of course) magic.
Laurence R.
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-review
I’m really glad I was able to review this novel. I have grown very fond of this series and I just keep wanting more of it. The amount of magic in it is just right, especially for someone who doesn’t read that many fantasy novels. It fits so well into this story that I almost wished for more of it! I also particularly love all of the characters. They feel real to me and I truly care about their destinies now. I’m dying for a third book now!

I would definitely recommend starting this series if you
Ana
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Disney-Hyperion and Netgalley I had the honor to receive The Sweetest Kind of Fate ARC by Crystal Cestari, for an honest review and if you couldn’t tell by my word choice above, I loved it.

I effing loved it.

Like seriously this is the kind of book that makes me want to stop reading, go out there to the cold and lonely world and find me an adventure so that it stops being a cold and lonely world to become a warm and full of love world.

Okay, I cannot say it was completely perfect, because
Kathy Martin
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amber Sand tells this story. She is a Matchmaker meaning when she looks into someone's eyes she sees their perfect match. She comes from a family of witches but her talent isn't considered enough for her to be part of her coven. Her mother is is one of the most powerful good witches in Chicago. Amber's passion is baking. She is getting ready to submit her application the the Culinary Institute if she can just work up the courage.

Amber and Charlie are in a romantic relationship which causes a pro
Peachy
They say that all’s fair in love and war, but for that to be true, you need to be part of the crusade.

My synopsis: Amber Sand is back with new friends, more baked goods, and a whole lot of sass and sarcasm. Charlie Blitzman is her beau, but maybe not for long, as the new transfer student enters the scene. A werewolf is a potential new love interest. Ivy, her long-time siren archnemesis, is asking for her help. And the evil witch, Victoria, is back for double Vs – victory and vengeance. When the
Abi
I reread book one, The Best Kind of Magic, in preparation for this lovely sequel, and reading them one after the other was a great way to experience the story. In book two (I believe this is a duology, as this one wraps up pretty nicely but has some room for a sequel if Ms. Cestari chooses to write one), Amber is facing the threat of Kim, Charlie's soulmate. She gets herself pretty freaked out by all of that, plus the situation with Iris, Ivy's sister, but everything works out well in the end.

I
Emily
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I really enjoyed the first and second books in the Windy City Magic series. Some parts are quite cheesy, especially the ones with Charlie, but the storyline is interesting enough to me that I kept reading anyway. I like how there is a more complex storyline in the second book including Iris’ journey to becoming a mermaid. I got angry at Amber when she used her matchmaking visions to justify breaking up with Charlie, because she couldn’t know that her visions would always be right - and spoiler, ...more
Liesl
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I loved the first book in the Windy City Magic series, so had high hopes for the sequel. I was not disappointed. Wow. All the clever urban fantasy world-building from the first book was equally in evidence, with some fun new elements added and an amazing mystery. Centering the mystery around a relationship made me heavily invested in Amber cracking the case, and also it was nice to see such a healthy LGBT relationship as the main focus. Please, please can there be another in the series? I want t ...more
Jennifer Kelly
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is the sequel to The Best Kind of Magic. It was an enjoyable, light-hearted read that follows match-maker Amber (now dating Charlie from the previous book) and coping with the fact that he is not her match. On top of that, her nemesis siren Ivy, recruits Amber to help prevent her sister from turning into a mermaid to be with her true love. At times this book could be a little corny, but it was just what I needed and I enjoyed the ultimate messages of free will and taking risks in the n ...more
Lauren R.
Another cute installment in this series! I love the Windy City Magic store and all of the paranormal happenings around Chicago. This book wasn't AS enjoyable for me as the first one because Amber annoyed me for more of the book than I hoped. The last chapter was absolutely cheesy, super heavy-handed with the morals and messages for multiple pages. However, I love these characters (overall) and the concept too much to quit. I liked the addition of mermaids and werewolves in this one, plus Amber f ...more
Autumn
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual rating....4.5
Received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was SOOOO excited to see this pop up in Netgalley. I really enjoyed the first book and book two did not disappoint. In fact...I think I liked it even better!
I loved the storyline!! I loved the drama between Amber/Charlie/Kim and the resolution....oh the resolution. The Ivy/Iris storyline was also fantastic. Just a fantastic second book. Loved it. Really hopeful there is more to come in this series.
Fangirl95
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jess (the cozy reader)
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Big thanks to Disney-Hyperion Publishing and NetGalley for an ARC copy for review.

Another crazy, magical, and fun filled adventure for Amber Sands. This series is just the cutest and I loved that Crystal added the wonderful addition to one of my favorite mythical creatures, mermaids. I completely flew through the pages of this book, and can’t wait for book three.
Leah B
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!
Rmsooon
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
It wasnt good as the first one
Valerie McEnroe
Amber comes from a family of witches, however she is not a full-fledged witch. She is only skilled in matchmaking. Usually this is not problematic, except when your boyfriend shows that he is matched to someone else. It's torturing Amber. When her boyfriend, Charlie, begins hanging out with the girl who is unknowingly his match, Amber's jealousy gets the best of her. Meanwhile, Amber's nemesis, Ivy, wants her help stopping her siren sister from making a huge mistake and marrying a mermaid.

In man
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ante Up (Sin City Collectors, #3)
  • Trancehack (Magic Born, #1)
  • Bittersweet Magic (The Order, #2)
  • The Phoenix Illusion (SPI Files #6)
  • Wish Bound (Grimm Agency, #3)
  • A Muddle of Magic (Fledgling Magic #2)
  • Galilee Rising (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #2)
  • Incarnate (The Spellmason Chronicles, #3)
  • All Fixed Up (Ciel Halligan, #4)
  • Grim Tidings (Hellhound Chronicles, #2)
  • Owl and the Tiger Thieves (Adventures of Owl, #4)
  • Tangled Hearts (Highland Hearts, #2)
  • The White Lily (Vampire Blood #3)
  • Fangs for Nothing (The Fangover, #2)
  • A Kiss Before Doomsday (Dru Jasper, #2)
  • Hammer of Angels (Shadowstorm, #2)
  • Heroine's Journey (Heroine Complex, #3)
  • Don't Blackmail the Vampire (Sons of Kane, #2)
Oh hey! Thanks for stopping by!

Writing has been my jam since I was very young. In fact, in fifth grade we filled out a profile declaring what we would be doing as adults. I wrote I wanted to be an author because: "I love reading and stories, and want to share that love." My elementary-school self was very wise, because that sentiment holds true today.

I live just outside Chicago with my daughter.

Windy City Magic (3 books)
  • The Best Kind of Magic (Windy City Magic, #1)
  • The Fairest Kind of Love (Windy City Magic, #3)
“This is exactly why I don’t like people; they expect you to adhere to social norms, when all I want to do is hide under a blanket and mainline sugar.” 0 likes
“There’s a glimmer of hope building inside me, lighting me up in a way that’s been dark and dormant.” 0 likes