Start by marking “Love at First Laugh” as Want to Read:
Love at First Laugh

Love at First Laugh

(Informal Romance #5)

Dive into eight brand new contemporary Christian romantic comedies from some of your favorite inspirational authors.

From light-hearted romance to laugh-out-loud love, this set will put a smile on your face and keep you reading long into the night.

Second Impressions by award-winning author Pepper Basham

He likes streamline. She prefers embellishments. His forte is business.
Published March 6th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Love at First Laugh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love at First Laugh

Ashley
Love at First Laugh was one of the best novella collections I've read. I discovered quite a few new-to-me authors that I'm adding to my 'must buy' list. Filled with lots of laughs, faith, and heartwarming moments, I would recommend this to any lover of contemporary romance.

Second Impressions by Pepper Basham

Every year Nora dreads her birthday because of her mother's over the top matchmaking attempts. But to her surprise and delight, her gift this year is a trip to the Jane Austen Festival in Bat
Susan Snodgrass
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was one set of novella that I thoroughly enjoyed. Some of the authors I'd never read, but Jessica Patch, Christina Coryell, and Pepper Basham were in fine form! I enjoyed those three the best. The ones by Heather Gray, Krista Phillips and Laurie Tomlinson were good, too. The last one, A Time to Laugh, I did not care for. In this one, the 60 year old female character discovers she is pregnant. The title of this contribution does not mean the story has any laugh line. It does not. Perhaps it' ...more
Pepper Basham
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Such a great combination of fun-filled stories, humor, and romance.
Melissa
Mar 06, 2017 is currently reading it
WOW! What a fun collection of novellas and a dream collection of authors! I have read four of the eight novellas and enjoyed each one. I even found myself laughing out loud a few times - love doesn't have to be all drama!
Pepper Basham's Second Impressions is delightful. It takes place at the Jane Austen Festival in Bath, England. You don't have to be a Jane Austen fan to take this trip with Ethan and Nora. And the final "get together" - oh, my heart!!
Jessica Patch's Unleashing Love is "laugh out
Toni Shiloh
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great reads in this collection!
Deana Dick
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This collection of stories will have you laughing, crying and cheering for the couples as they try to find happiness. Each author brings their own unique writing style and gives readers hours of delightful stories . I don't have a favorite because I thought every story was beautifully written. Don't miss your chance to get your copy to enjoy.

Second Impressions by Pepper Basham
What a delightful story this is. The details are so picturesque and helps readers visualize the setting. I absolutely ad
Becky Smith
1. Second Impressions by Pepper Basham
There are so MANY things to love about this novella, especially for my “Austen-loving heart!” It is so well written & funny! I still laugh at all the names Nora came up with for Ethan, like “Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Cranky, Mr. Grumpy-and-Gorgeous, Mr. Rude, Mr. Jumps-to-Conclusions, Sir Broods-A-Lot Keller, the suit …” This story will definitely whet your appetite for going to Bath, England, to attend The Jane Austen Festival, and yet it will also make you fe
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
This was such a sweet collection of stories. Each author did a wonderful job of weaving their story with God's love, and connecting on an emotional level. I laughed, gasped, smiled, and just had a great time reading them. Here are in depth reviews for two of the stories:

***That's When I Knew***

My favorite thing about Chelsea's character was that she wasn't your typical lead woman. She was head strong, opinionated, loved sports, was competitive, and didn't seem afraid to get dirty. It's not too o
Amy
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Review for 'That's When I Knew' Laurie Tomlinson

I always love to discover a new author, and what a delight to receive a copy of this novella. Just the right length for a short story, evenly paced, unhurried and very satisfying read.

The story begins with Chelsea Scott, Stationery & Planner entrepreneur sliding onto a Softball base, to look up and discover childhood friend, Nick Pearson. Her 'first-love and first-heartbreak' she hasn't seen him in 12 years. A little unnerved by his reappear
Second Impressions by award-winning author Pepper Basham
What a fun love story. I know this is a novella so it's supposed to be short however it left me wanting so much more at the end of this story I felt like there was or is more to come of the story. The story is a good clean romance with twist and turns through out and even ones you don't expect.

Mowed Over by USA Today bestselling author Christina Coryell
I have never read anything else by Christina but if all her books are like this I am read
Courtney Clark
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*This review is for the first novella in the collection, Second Impressions by Pepper Basham*

This is Jane Austen meets rom-com in a modern world. With all the wit and heart of an Austen story, Nora and Ethan are thrown together with a little bit of matchmaking and a lot of personality.

One thing I love about Pepper’s stories is that her characters have a deep sense of normalcy. It shines through in the little habits and comments, like the simplicity of a dream or talking over tea with hand gest
Winnie
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a delightful collection of novellas! Eight amazing authors have combined to give hours of reading fun! While I've heard of most of the authors, I had only read books by a couple of them, so it was fun to get a sampling of the others. Second Impressions by Pepper Basham features her usual humor and creativity along with her love of Jane Austen. It was fun to pick up on some Jane Austen-ish things in the story. It was thoroughtly delightful. I've read several of Pepper Basham's stories and ha ...more
Melissa
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have had the privilege of reading three of the novellas (Unleashing Love by Jessica Patch, Second Impressions by Pepper Basham, That's when I Knew by Laurie Tomlinson) so far. They are fun and unique stories that will have you laughing out loud and falling in love with the characters. What I have appreciated is the variety of authors in this collection. I have gotten to read one of my favorite authors like Jessica Patch and gotten introduced to authors I have heard of like Pepper Basham and La ...more
Amanda
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review for Laurie Tomlinson's "That's When I Knew".

Featuring childhood sweethearts thrown together in a mini road trip in order to save her career, what could possibly go wrong? I laughed my way through the heroines relatable mishaps, and cheered for her happily-ever after.

Novellas can make it difficult to get a good grasp on the characters, but Tomlinson excelled at making hers unique and memorable, even in such a short time span! I loved her writing and can't wait to read her next novel. Laur
Linda Rainey
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved these eight novellas that give you lots of love and laughter

Second Impressions by award-winning author Pepper Basham

Loved this novella about romance, with a touch of Jane Austin.
The beautiful setting and storyline were awesome.

Mowed Over by USA Today bestselling author Christina Coryell

Christina portrays a beautiful picture of an unlikely romance between a tiny artist and a landscaper.
I loved the setting, the storyline, and the characters.

An Informal Affair by award-winning author Heathe
Christine
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found this to be a delightful collection of novellas. This collection introduced me to quite a few new authors that I look forward to reading more from. My favorites were Second Impressions by Pepper Basham, Unleashing Love by Jessica Patch, and That's When I Knew by Laurie Tomlinson. The stories were all different, but I enjoyed each one.

*I received a free copy of this collection in exchange for my opinion.
Rachel
Shelves: bookworm-mama
Pepper's stories never cease to make me smile. Even in this sweet and short story, she is able to pull at my heartstrings and make me full out belly laugh.

Filled with history, Austen, romance, humour, and matchmaking...You can read this in one sitting very easily. I will forewarn you, Second Impressions will have you constantly day-dreaming about England, Austen, and swoony heroes.

I received a complimentary copy of Love at First Laugh for promotional purposes. I was not required to write a revi
Janice Sisemore
Shelves: 2017-books
Love at first laugh box set

This is a amazing box, I was given an advanced copy of it. Great read.

Second impressions by Pepper Basham

This is my first book by Pepper, I will have to more since I really enjoyed the story of Nora and Ethan, it was very enjoyable.

Mowed over by Christina Coryell

Another new author to me, a very funny start to the book, love the way they meet. I will have to see about more of her books.

An informal Affair by Heather Gray

Love the story of Lea and Maverick, they are
Renate
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Eight contemporary Christian romantic comedies that put a smile on your face. The set includes: Second Impressions by Pepper Basham, Mowed Over by Christina Coryell, An Informal Affair by Heather Gray, A Heart Restored by Elizabeth Maddrey, Unleashing Love by Jessica R. Patch, A (nearly) Normal Nanny by Krista Phillips, That's When I Knew by Laurie Tomlinson, and A Time to Laugh by Marion Ueckermann.

My favorite in the set was Mowed Over by Christian Coryell with a tiny, chatty fairy artist and
Nancy
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great novella collection so far! Im still working on finishing the series but wanted to share my thoughts so far..

Second Impressions by Pepper Basham
Nora believes that she is going on a trip of a lifetime celebrating her favorite author. Ethan believes that he is going on a trip to wrap up some business. This book had me laughing from the moment Nora was waiting to check into the hotel. Basham's writing makes you snicker and laugh at the situations and outfits her characters are in. She
Natalie Walters
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read my first novella in this collection, That's When I Knew, by author Laurie Tomlinson and I can't wait to read the rest!!

In, That's When I Knew, we're introduced to planner extraordinaire, Chelsea Scott who's life is anything but planned especially when the boy who stole her heart and then broke her heart shows up again. I loved the sassy moments shared between the characters almost as much as I loved the sweet ones. The humor Laurie Tomlinson brings to the story is authentic and had me la
Bhriv
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love at First laugh is truly that! I loved each story from the first laugh from the beginning of the stories to the end. Loved the sweet romance and love throughout each book. Novellas aren't always my favorite because they tend to be less satisfying because they're shorter and tend not to be able to follow through on character development...but this collection has follow-through! The authors that joined forces on this collection are awesome on their own so when put together...how can it fail?! ...more
Embgram
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love and laughter

Each of these stories is filled with love, joy, and laughs. I can't pick a favorite, for each spoke to my heart in a different way. I know you will feel the same as you read this special collection.
Jaime Jo Wright
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the books in this novella collection! My personal favorite was from Laurie Tomlinson. Her characters are vibrant and rich, with wounds and real-to-life relatable issues. Faith weaves in and out of her story and the hero even goes macho in one scene to defend the heroine's honor *be still my swooning heart* (Although I believe she was quite capable of defending her own, it's still a great swoon factor).

All in all, the collection was well written. My personal favorite authors of the gro
Marla
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love these books! My favorite author, Christina Coryell, was one of the authors, so I knew I wanted to read these stories! Christina's book is awesome like always. I enjoyed the rest of the stories and it gave me an opportunity to find more authors that I will look into reading more of their books!
Teri
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was familiar with some of the authors in this collection, but what an absolute laugh riot, and such a joy to discover the rest! I so much enjoyed reading these novellas! Each one was a quick read, and the set together kept me in stitches the entire time… Even my husband got to enjoy some particularly amusing quips! Definitely a fun one...don't miss it!
Jess Lawson
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Over all this collection is comical yet lovely. An easy read and the writing flows magnificent. The story's take you through the life of eight completely different couples. These couples face different circumstances but are all inspired by their personal beliefs and faith. The faith and Lord is what helped pull them together. They have extremely high morals. I absolutely loved it.
Rebecca
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
"He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. Best thing she'd heard in the past two minutes." - Second Impressions by Pepper Basham

This collection of romantic adventures begins with the story of Nora Simeon, whose family sends her to Bath, England for a Jane Austen Festival vacation. Arriving full of jet lag, she discovers that her room in the Elizabeth Elliott Inn has been double-booked, with none other than the new owner of the vintage establishment, Ethan Keller. And so it begins!

" . . . nothi
Melissa Henderson
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A delightful set of novellas that I truly enjoyed. While reading these stories, there were times when I laughed out loud. The authors each have a unique way of telling a story. This is a good set to give as a gift, too.
Dana Michael
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the stories! They were sweet and funny. The stories are short and can be read in an evening. I read four of them and each were different and Unique. What a deal too!! Great price... great reads!
*I was given a copy of this book and was under no obligation to leave a review.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • My Heart Belongs in the Blue Ridge: Laurel's Dream
  • You Don't Have to Be a Star (Montana Fire #0.5)
  • A Christmas Bond (Sacred Bond, #0.5)
  • Cold Case (Cold Harbor #4)
  • How to Lose a Guy in 10 Dates (Matched Online, #1)
  • Believe in Me (Love in Store, #2)
  • A Life to Live
  • Bookishly Ever After (Book Nerds and Boyfriends Collection #1)
  • Sweetened with Honey (A Farm Fresh Romance #3)
  • Bittersweet Bride (Kansas Brides, #3)
Krista Phillips enjoys life with her husband and their four beautiful daughters in Middle Tennessee. She is an advocate for congenital heart defect and organ donation awareness and blogs at
www.kristaphillips.com.

Informal Romance (5 books)
  • An Informal Christmas (Informal Romance, #1)
  • An Informal Arrangement (Informal Romance, #2)
  • An Informal Introduction (Informal Romance, #3)
  • An Informal Date (Informal Romance #4)
  • An Informal Affair (Informal Romance, #5)
“Tell her you know the area, and you could show her some of the best natural landscapes. Ask if she’d like to go hiking. Or just hog tie her and throw her in the back of your truck, Caveman.” “Very” 0 likes
“Do you hunt God here, in places like this, where it's quiet and peaceful?” 0 likes