Start by marking “Drakon Book II: Uncarved” as Want to Read:
Drakon Book II: Uncarved

Read Book* *Different edition

Drakon Book II: Uncarved

(Drakon #2)

“Uncarved” is Book II of the epic fantasy novel Drakon.

“How do the Uncarved die? They bleed to death. Always.”
Fourteen-winter-old Da-Ren joins the Uncarved, the chosen few destined to lead the Tribe. More than forty children train and compete for the next five springs; only one will become Khun and fulfill the Tribe’s destiny.
Da-Ren’s ambition and strength will keep him
Paperback, 1st, 373 pages
Published February 13th 2017 by C.A. Caskabel

To ask other readers questions about Drakon Book II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drakon Book II

Maria Lazaro
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Story for the Ages

I just finished book 1 and 2 in a weekend. This story is not about another world but fiction woven from the fabric of ancient European history. And, boy is it good! Please note this story is for adults and should not be on a tweens summer reading list. It's fine for the SAT age group and may mirror tales from World history classes. The story is about Da Ren. He is cursed , a sore loser, and in love with a woman he cannot capture. His only friend is his worse enemy - Malan. Wi
Nathan Sims
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in Caskabel's Drakon series picks up where the first book left off, charting the next five years in Da-Ren's life as he strives to become the next leader of his tribe. Standing in his way are one of his only friends and the religious leaders of his tribe, as well as his own doubts over what he truly desires.

After the first book, I noted that Caskabel wrote the entire series before publishing it. This gave me hope for a cohesive, well-thought out story, and he continues to deliver
Ευθυμία Δεσποτάκη
I've already read the greek version, I just finished the english one.
I had a really bad time when this book ended. I did not want it to end. It was fast-paced and well versed and Da-Ren’s story was… well, at the same time brutal and sweet. I really can’t wait to read volumes III and IV.
Michael Kotsarinis
This is the second part (out of 4) of the Drakon series and I cannot recommend this book (and the whole series) enough! We follow Da-Ren’s path to becoming a respected warrior in his tribe. However as he matures the first cracks appear in what he held dear. Uncertainties creep in place of certainties and comfort. Doubts instead of truths is all he finds as he learns more about himself and the tribe.
The author continues his epic tour of this fantasy world that unfortunately for our comfort is not
Nikos Koutoulakis
I loved book one, so I bought book 2 asap. And boy, it delivers.
Da Ren, the main character, is a teenager and instead of ploughing he is trying to get to the top of the pack, but his rival is as tenacious as him. There is a lot politicking in this book, as well as sex and violence. The book never shies away from the brutal nature of war and the cruelty of the tribe.
What I really liked is that you can both read it as a ‘fun’ novel (if your fun is about slaughtering, mayhem and pillaging) and as a
Natasa Stag
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please note that this review applies to the book series (The Sieve & Uncarved). This is a haunting, captivating book that immerses you in its lyricism only to drown you in its barbarism a couple of pages later. It exerts a brute force onto your mind and soul and claims a piece of 'you' by digging deep into the essence of human nature.

Despite the fact that it is set in an arbitrary time and place (that vaguely hints to a clash between the East and the West, around the time of the Byzantine Em
Helena Zelin
I am glad to say that this book was far more better than the first one. Actually I was impressed by the improvement in the author's writing. The world we were introduced to in the previous book is explained exactly as it should, with no more details than needed. I, and I am sure you will too, was able to get closer with the characters, to come into their shoes and struggle with their problems.

Although I still prefer it in its original language, I did enjoy it in English as well. A tip as a frien
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

Drakon Book 2: Uncarved is the second book in the Drakon series. I previously reviewed the first book in the series, and really enjoyed it, so I was eager to get started on the second book. In fact, I was a bit bummed I had to put it on the back burner for a few days because I had to finish some other books first.

Anyway, back to the story. Da-Ren is back in this second installment. After having survived The Sieve, he
Filip Stojanovic
Drakon (Book II) continues wonderfully to describe the rough world that Da-Ren lives in, with the additions of the beautiful forest and the hints of other worlds to come. Very nicely done! This book is very compelling in the way it mixes love/hate, war, politics, different ethnic backgrounds and cultures...all most current meanings and problems in our world today. Great book to immerse yourself in a different world (even though sometimes in brutal barbaric one) and a different time that could ha ...more
Richard Myers
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

This book shows Da-Ren growing a little older and learning how to lead a group of forty Blades. By a twist of fate he helps to save the Kahn and is promoted to First Blade over all the blades in the Tribe. He is still torn between the tribe and the Forest people.
Alice Vogel
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gave Book I 4 stars, but this one deserves 5. I just didn't want it to end. The plot moves at a great pace, and I love immersing myself in worlds that are imaginary and so meticulously constructed. The author must have done a lot of historical research, but he doesn't give you a history lesson, he just makes a world that you can see, hear and almost smell.
Steve
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave the first book a 4, this one a 3 ... this one seemed to be a little slower, it's almost like a filler between the 1st and 3rd .... it does advance the story line and is really the 'coming of age' where the first book is about the childhood and training of the lead warriors in the culture.
Kyriakos Athanasiadis
This book(s) reminded me of why I loved once so much Fantasy. I found here some of the strongest, most spectacular and real characters ever. This is a world worth visiting again. I highly recommend this series to everyone.
Amy
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Unique and intriguing. Best story I have read in a long time. I can see it playing out in my head like it was written to be a tv series.
Aviar Savijon
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dtakon

A stellar follow up to Drakon book one. The story and adventure continues brilliantly. A great book to read. I Loved e.
Rick McCord
Finished it...but

Lots and lots of ramblings. If the book was a train...well it's time to replace the tracks. Not sure I can move on to book 3.
Michael Shoemaker
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining read

It was entertaining. By no means my favorite book/series, but good. I look forward to the next in the series
bryan richter
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark

Beautifully dark and depressing with a taunting hope for an impossible love. Great storytelling. Reads like poetry written in blood. Looking forward to book three.
Lefteris
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The boy of book I becomes a man in book II, and the story more interesting and agonizing.! If you are a fantasy book fan you shouldn't miss this one.
Heather Neistein
Nov 11, 2018
Tabitha
Jan 01, 2018
Marina Papatsoni
Great book. My cousin suggested not to miss it and he was right. I read it in a day and could not stop. The book surprises you constantly and the plot takes you on a ride.
It is difficult to put it in a category as it combines many elements. It is fiction but it is based in true facts. Being Greek, I found it inspired by the ancient Spartans.
It is hard and cruel but full of romance and innocence. Definitely a keeper! Strongly recommended.
Kerry Evans
Dec 25, 2017
Francisco M. Gabrielle
May 13, 2017
Geoff
Sep 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
C.A. Caskabel started writing Drakon in 2013 and completed the 380,000-word epic fantasy novel in 2016. He split Drakon into four books which he will release within 2017, he promises. After all, he is eager to start working on the next novel. C.A. is also the founder of an indie publisher of picture books and fantasy fiction.
Before 2013, C.A. was a serial technology entrepreneur. He studied at Bos

Drakon (4 books)
  • Drakon: The Sieve (Drakon, #1)
  • Drakon: Firstblade (Drakon, #3)
  • Drakon: Butterfly (Drakon, #4)