Start by marking “Mother, May I? (Remnants, #8)” as Want to Read:
Mother, May I? (Remnants, #8)

Mother, May I?

(Remnants #8)

Jobs has found the Remnants' unbelievable virtual reality in the sky -- could it be the Earth? With the defeat of the Baby, Billy has secured his role as master-programmer and absorbed Mother in the process. If Jobs has really found the Earth, can Billy be convinced to alter the ship's course? Meanwhile, Yago puts his plan in motion to rule the Meanies as their God -- what ...more
Published September 1st 2002 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Mother, May I?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mother, May I?

Start your review of Mother, May I? (Remnants, #8)
Stephanie
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Looks to me like Violet Blake gets the cover again! Though why do her arms look like they are too long for her body? And what are those bug things…? (Unless it’s supposed to actually be part of who/what is met at the end??)

Reading this was like starting a new series in just how different the tone and pacing and the general crafting of the story goes. Mother, May I? is more coherent than the other books have been; part of this is because we now have a solid though general idea about most all of
Julie
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
If only it weren't so short! Then this might have been a 5-star book, because it's SO TANTALISING, changes the status quo, and propels the plot forward... but due to its length and how it cuts off right when things get underway, it kinda feels more like a prologue to the real story.

But now that we're past the halfway point, things abruptly change in a way that I never actually expected from this series. Since we're in territory that I've never read before, I get to be caught off-guard afresh by
Arlenne
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
My girl 2face is ruthless and I'm loving it. I'm looking forward to her character development.
Julie Decker
Aug 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shipwright vs. Mother--it's over now. Billy's in charge, and he controls the whole of existence for the Mayflower survivors and the rest of the creatures on the giant ship. After everything they've been through, finding an artificially generated place where they can be comfortable sounds like a great plan, but Jobs is interested in finding their old planet. What happened to it? Can they go back? IS THAT IT ON THE SCREEN? Meanwhile, the group finds yet another person they didn't have with the ...more
Wendy
Mar 29, 2008 added it
Another good chapter in the story of the Remnants. The Synopsis pretty much covers what happens. Some of the Remnants are content to live on the ship with the recreated neighborhood that Billy has created for them. But some, like Jobs, want to go back home to Earth and this book starts their journey home to an Earth that was broken in pieces 500 years before.

Sage
Sep 17, 2010 added it
it wass aight.
Z
May 26, 2009 rated it liked it
Not bad. I like that the group hasn't just fragmented into two separate camps. And the part down in the basement should lead to interesting things...
Dexter
Certainly not one of the better Remnants books. It's more of a connecting book for books #7 and #9.
Swankivy
Aug 20, 2008 rated it liked it
It's getting weird. Getting?? It's been weird since book 1!
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ok-books
I like this series and I'm still going to read it, but I am kind of getting sick of it. It's all the same, but I wan't to see what happens in the end so I'm sticking with it.
Jan 14, 2013
Nov 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Tarinoita Muumilaaksosta
  • Puputyttö
  • Moominpappa's Memoirs (The Moomins, #4)
  • Written in the Stars: Constellations, Facts and Folklore for the Armchair Astronomer
  • The Moomins and the Great Flood (The Moomins, #1)
  • Moominsummer Madness (The Moomins, #5)
  • Tales from Moominvalley (The Moomins, #7)
  • Moominvalley in November (The Moomins, #9)
  • The Unwanted Guest
  • Who Will Comfort Toffle?
  • The Book About Moomin, Mymble and Little My
  • Den farliga resan
  • Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
  • Muistojenlukija (Väki, #1)
  • Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip, Vol. 4
  • Let's Talk About Love
  • The Gold-Bug and Other Tales
  • Pale Fire
Katherine Applegate is the author of The One and Only Ivan, winner of the 2013 Newbery Medal. Her novel Crenshaw spent over twenty weeks on the New York Times children's bestseller list, and her first middle-grade stand-alone novel, the award-winning Home of the Brave, continues to be included on state reading lists, summer reading lists, and class reading lists.

Katherine has written three picture

Remnants (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Mayflower Project (Remnants, #1)
  • Destination Unknown (Remnants, #2)
  • Them (Remnants, #3)
  • Nowhere Land (Remnants, #4)
  • Mutation (Remnants, #5)
  • Breakdown (Remnants, #6)
  • Isolation (Remnants, #7)
  • No Place Like Home (Remnants, #9)
  • Lost and Found (Remnants, #10)
  • Dream Storm (Remnants, #11)
“That’s good.’

‘Is it? It hasn’t been that long since…’

‘Yeah, since the world fell apart. For us it hasn’t been that long, Jobs. For them, they’ve been gone five hundred years. That’s a lot of years.’

Jobs smiled ruefully. ‘I don’t know why I always found this funny but…my uncle used to say to me, “Jobs, have fun while you can because you’re dead a long time.”’

‘He was so right,’ Mo’Steel said.”
0 likes