Start by marking “Mischief & Magnolias (Magnolia Branch, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mischief & Magnolias (Magnolia Branch, #2)

Mischief & Magnolias

(Magnolia Branch #2)

When Ryder Marsden and Jemma Cafferty return to Magnolia Branch for Christmas break following their first semester at their respective universities in New York City (Columbia and NYU), their secret relationship is revealed—they’re literally caught under the mistletoe, kissing. Unexpectedly, their parents—who’ve spent their entire lives pushing them together—are somehow les ...more
ebook
Published February 13th 2017 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Mischief & Magnolias, please sign up.
Kristi Cook Not immediately, but I hope to release a print version soon after the initial, digital-only release.

Aj the Ravenous Reader

Awwww. That was soooo adorable. I’m smiling up to my ears, no actually up to my eyes. I so needed this. Once, I said I don’t like reading YA romance if that’s just all it is but Magnolia and this short sequel have me changed my mind. I don’t mind the romance at all. I loved it in fact. It’s the perfect conclusion to Jem’s and Ryder’s reverse Romeo and Juliet story.
ambsreads
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I can't even review this. It was so absolutely adorable. I read the first book in 2015 and absolutely loved all the characters and the premise of enemies to friends (can you feel a trend?) This novella (I think it's a novella) is such an amazing follow up. My heart got warmed at every sentence and I was squealing at like every sentence.
Stacee
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
Okay. This was adorable and exactly what I wanted to see for them. I could easily read Jemma and Ryder forever.
Rachel Patrick
Dec 26, 2016 marked it as to-read
I've literally daydreamed about these two being together after Magnolia and how their parents would freak out when they discovered their dream couple was actually a couple and OH MY GOSH I NEED THIS.
Marla Mei
Jemma and Ryder are so otp it hurts <3 This novella is so cute I wish it was longer!!!!!!
Jaime Arkin
This was the cutest and sweetest thing ever and I love it.
Sierra Abrams
Jan 17, 2017 marked it as desperately-need-to-read
magnolia was literally one of my 2015 faves I NEED THIS SEQUEL INSTANTLY
bookaholic_kim
Wow! Just wow! I am very thankful for this novella. The first book Magnolia was not enough.

So we get to read how Ryder and Jennas' relationship have progressed in University and in 14 months that they kept it hidden to their parents and most importantly how their parents reacted to their relationship. It is really cute.

Gillian Berry
That was super ridiculous stupid cute and just what the doctor ordered. Some of the scenes kinda read like cheesy fan fiction (mostly anything that involved characters who aren't Ryder or Jemma) but ugh this ship is so freakin' adorable and I'm grinning like an idiot. Instant mood lifter, that's for sure.
Monique V
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Just so cute!!!!!I am grinning like a maniac
Veronika
Well, this wasn't only underwhelming as fuck, but also a totally unnecessary addition to the story, in my opinion. *sad face*
Mandy
Dec 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
I bought this book when I was still in love with the first book. However, in reread, I found a lot of issues with it, but I felt the need to complete it with this novel. So, I might have been a bit biased going in, but I found this story particularly lacking. I felt like Jemma and Ryder were so focused on the drama, which I didn't even get? And there were so so so many characters for being a less than 100 page novella. Wasn't the goodness for me.
Michelle (Undeniably Book Nerdy)
This was just filled with Jemma and Ryder swoons. I love these two. Two of my favorite YA couples of all time for sure. Love, love, love! I'd love to see Jemma and Ryder agains as secondary characters--their friends need their own books. More Magnolia Landing books please, Ms. Cook.
Nancy The book junkie
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.75/5

Review to come!
Nadia
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wish it was longer book. I loved it😀 and I didn't want it to end!
Cindy
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Mischief and Magnolias is definitely more of a novella than a novel. Although there seems to be a small conflict (parent's disapproval), I think it was solved way too easily.

However, I did enjoy the Jemma and Ryder bits because I absolutely loved them in Magnolia. :)
Beth
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Cait's right: this is super sweet. (Also super short, but you can't have everything.) Magnolia is a book that stuck with me, for whatever reason, and this is a really nice followup.
Mary H
Dec 22, 2016 marked it as to-read
January 17, 2017: YUSSS. Only 3 weeks to go! And that COVER. *swoons* ALL the heart eye emojis for that gorgeousness.

Dec 22, 2016: GIMME IT. You can't tease this book's existence and release in 2016 AND THEN NOT GIVE ME THE BOOK, KRISTI!
Stephanie
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
An even faster read than the original, Mischief & Magnolias is a novella that takes place the winter break of Jemma and Ryder's freshman year of college.

In all honesty, I think this book could've been full length. While I like 'happily ever after' as much as the next girl, showing what happens afterwards is always interesting. The original book ends after homecoming their senior year, and Mischief & Magnolias does a quick wrap up of everything thats happened since then: they're in New Yo
Nathasya Elizabeth
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Originally posted on The Wednesday Issue

Mischief & Magnolias is a novella in the Magnolia Branch series by Kristi Cook. It is a companion to the first novel in the series called Magnolia. For those of you who haven’t read the book, Magnolia told a story about Jemma Cafferty and Ryder Marsden, whose families are friends and basically the Southern Royalty. They hate each other and their families want them to be together. SPOILER ALERT. By the end of the first book they were together and this n
Ubah Khasimuddin
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
its a cute little novella follow up to Magnolia. For people like me who want to know what happens after - to make sure the happily ever after continues; this is for you.
The short story (100 pages on my kindle) take us to Ryder and Jemma's first Christmas break after starting college in NYC. Their Mom's catch them kissing under the mistletoe and all hell break's loose. The parents are upset because they were lied too about Ryder and Jemma not liking each other and missing out on some events, lik
Sierra
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eloisa Aquino
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, ya
“Hmm, my mama warned me about girls like you.”
“Oh, yeah? What’d she say?”
“That I should marry you,” he says with a grin. “And just watch, someday I will.”

I loved Magnolia. It was probably one of my favorite YA contemporary romance novels out there. Could you imagine my happiness when I found out that there was a sequel for it? Man, it was a good day.

Mischief & Magnolias was just like an update of what had happen to the characters after Magnolia ended. It was just okay, nothing grand or any
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Ryder and Jemma come back from college, their secret relationship is found out and the parents are surprisingly unhappy with it even though they were wanting this the entire time? Well there is also the trouble of the fact that the two are facing difficulties with their long distance relationship and different colleges and have become kind of jealous while they are separated. This novel had a lot of drama which made it all the more interesting. Was very realistic with the opposites of south ...more
Callie
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hillary
My only problem with this book is that it wasn't longer.
Jemma and Ryder are goals!
Mia DuPuis
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Loved this Feel Good Mini Book and the Epilouge was beautiful, I also love the way they love each other.
Laura's Book Addiction
When you have such high hopes for a book and it doesn't deliver. I adored the first book, but this one wasn't as good. I'd would have like the epilogue set a few years after the ending too.....
Ivusha (Tenebien)
Awwwww, so adorable and cute and fluffy and sweet. Awwww.
And of course, it was fun!
Jocelin
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A short cute little epilogue to Mangolia.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Season of Second Chances
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • The Blue-Haired Boy (Faking Normal, #0.5)
  • The Good Chase (Highland Games #2)
  • Storm (Salt, #2)
  • Make You Blush (Dumont Bachelors, #0.5)
  • Lightspeed Magazine, March 2016
  • Love Bites (Sugar City, #1)
  • A Midnight Clear (Fly Me to the Moon, #3.1)
  • Infinite Repeat (The Art of Lainey, #0.5)
  • The Visit (Cyberlove, #2.5)
  • Madly (New York, #2)
  • Courtship of the Cake (Much "I Do" About Nothing, #2)
  • Burnt Sugar (Firebug, #0.5)
  • Fire and Ash (Blood and Sand, #2)
  • No Limits
  • When Rosie Met Jim & Shoeboxes
  • The Untimely Deaths of Alex Wayfare (Alex Wayfare, #2)
New York Times bestselling YA author Kristi Cook is a transplanted southern gal who lives in New York City with her husband and two kids. Her YA debut, HAVEN, was released in Feb. 2011 by Simon Pulse. The last two volumes in the Winterhaven series, MIRAGE and ETERNAL, followed in 2012 and 2013. Her first contemporary, southern-set YA, MAGNOLIA, was released in 2014. She's currently working on a co ...more

Magnolia Branch (2 books)
  • Magnolia (Magnolia Branch, #1)