Start by marking “Hard Love” as Want to Read:

Hard Love

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  229 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
RELEASE DATE: July 18, 2017
***Standalone Novel***
Noah Winston’s life was perfect. He had it all: striking looks, more money than he could ever spend, good friends, and any woman he wanted.

Margo Perry’s life wasn’t perfect, but it was her own. She didn’t need a man to make her happy or feel better about herself.

Then he saw her – a gorgeous, rain-soaked stranger – but she
Published July 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Hard Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Love

Dilek VT
Jul 19, 2017 marked it as dnf
The writing is not good enough for me to continue, unfortunately :(
The plot isn't dealt with the way I would like it to...
There is no character development, no depth whatsoever...
The heroine makes shitty decisions and the hero feels flat...
There are so many things missing that I lost my interest in it after 30%...

Tara
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I read a book in one sitting, but once I started Hard Love, I couldn't put it down. Margo and Noah's story was sweet, hot, romantic, heart-breaking and absolute perfection.
Anne OK
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
“True love ain't easy, and easy love ain't true.”

From an author that gives "good read" every time I've picked up one of her books, Hard Love hooked me from the start with its freshness and authenticity. I loved the bold characters and the raw and painful edge of self-discovery that builds into a steamy love affair. Joanne Schwehm has packed intelligence, wit and an addictive friends-to-lovers romance into one terrific story. I wasn't expecting all the feel goods I found on the pages. The angst i
KceeReads •°°•.UnboundBookReviews•°°•
Young love could be really sweet if it's returned. In Margo Perry's case, it's not. Crushing on one of her older brother's best friends, Noah Winston became her inspiration. Until one day, he broke her heart. Now all grown up and all woman, she's decided to leave the past behind and focus on her new career. Until she saw him again. Being liked by the man you're crushing on is every girl's dream, but why is she more scared than happy?

All work and zero play. After inheriting his grandfather's com
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Hard Love by Joanne Schwehm
4.5 stars!!!

“…love isn’t perfect. It isn’t always easy; it’s hard.”

Joanne Schwehm has never failed to deliver a book that I have inhaled from start to finish. This author has the knack of enveloping me in her stories and her characters from the get go and not letting me go until the end, and Hard Love was no different. Unrequited love is a bitch and when you are a teenager, crushing on your big brother’s best friend, it feels like your life is ending. That first lo
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4.5 - A chance encounter allows Margo to see her Noah, childhood crush. While Margo is super independent and strong, she is also insecure about her relationship with Noah. Noah adores Margo, but he is dead set on staying a bachelor. He finally has it all, until he loses the one-thing that matters. Will their insecurities and preconceived notions about relationships kill their chances of finding happiness?

Hard Love is a straight up, second chance romance with likable characters, and a plot that
Three Chicks
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Margo Perry is putting all her efforts into her new company, Exquisitely Yours, a shopping service for those who can’t be bothered to do their own shopping. Her family may have money, but Margo wants to prove to herself that she can make it on her own.

When she was younger, her older brother Adam hung out with a couple of heart thumping guys- Noah Winston and their friend Cade. Almost seven years older than Margo, they looked at her like Adam’s cute little sister. But to Margo-
Emma
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
Margo has known Noah for a long time having worshipped him through her adolescence only to have her heart broken when he turned down her innocent invitation to prom. A random encounter at a restaurant brings Noah back into Margo's life in an unexpected way. Although doesn't recognise his best friends little sister at first there is no denying the attraction he feels towards her.

Margo has been living and studying abroad, returning to New York to set up her own styling consultancy while Noah has t
Sierra Clothier
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a true quality romance. What I loved the most about it is its concentration on character. There are no terrible events that occur, no life changing drama, no horrifying elements. Just a very pure second chance romance about a young woman with big dreams who runs into an old high school crush. Each of them have their own thoughts on what ultimately makes a lasting relationship. But, love is indeed hard, as the title suggests. I really enjoyed the fact that Noah wasn't portrayed as a billi ...more
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Noah was Margo's teenage crush. What was not to like? He was gorgeous, rich, and most of all, kind to her. He was always around since he was her brother's best friend. He would help her with her homework and she was delighted when he talked to her. Until she asked him to the prom.

Meeting years later when they were both pursuing their careers and adults was a twist of Fate. The more time they spent together the more they enjoyed each other's company. Until that fateful day when they fought about
Beth Hurley
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down. I loved it so much. Noah and Margo story was amazing and perfect. This book is a must read. I loved the character and everything in this sorry. The author hooked me all the way through the story. I didn't read the blurb for this story so I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started reading. The cover was gorgeous and I always read this authors books so I knew I had to read this book. Like always the author didn't disappoint ...more
Dana
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book!!! Gah!!!!! I was giggling right on page 1!!!!!

Take one older brother’s best friend add the little sister all grown up and you get a funny friends to lovers combination that was hard to put down (I finished in 8 hours, it was that good!!!!)

The chemistry that existed between Margo and Noah was perfect and well written! I loved the banter and how they attempted to “hide” Margo’s identity in one social setting, so funny!

This was my first book by Ms. Schwehm and I can’t wait to read anothe
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
It was very late last night (or very early this morning depending how you see it) when I finished Hard Love, I just couldn't put it down. And that's the magic of a good book, it will wrap you up in the story and the characters and it will hypnotize you until the point you become one with them.

Margo Perry is a beautiful, driven young woman who doesn't need a man to validate her or her goals in life. By chance, a handsome stranger who comes to her rescue on a rainy day happens to be the boy she ha
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This book!!! Gah!!!!! I was giggling right on page 1!!!!!

This was my first book by Ms. Schwehm and I can’t wait to read anothe
A.M. Madden
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: omg-s
True to the title, love is hard. It's rarely easy, neat, and wrapped up with a tiny red bow. It's fragile and delicate. And how you come through, in the end, is what makes the journey worth it. Hard Love takes you on just that kind of journey. I've gotten to know Noah and Margot extremely well, and fell in love with not only their story but with the characters themselves. Joanne Schwehm has a great talent for writing book characters that, once you've read and finished the book, you feel like you ...more
Becky Rendon
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hard Love...or hardheaded lovers...

He is CEO of his family legacy.
She is trying to start her business.

He is a play boy.
She can't remember her last relationship.

He is knocked off his feet.
She is sure she's dreaming.

Two people who have a past with different interpretations of its meaning. She won't be broken again. He had no idea.

It's hard to love.

Reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Tina Morgan
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I've read Finding Mr.Wrong by Joanne which she co-wrote with A.M. Madden and it was amazing but it's also the only book I've read by Joanne. And I have no idea why!!!! I must have been living under a rock or something but I am going to fix this problem really quick like because this woman is a genius! I was drawn in to this book from the first paragraph to last paragraph! So much so I didn't eat, didn't want to talk to anyone, I didn't want to do nothing but stay lost in my kindle. I even ...more
Caroline F
"What I neglected to say was I was afraid. The man could shatter me. I had been down this road before, and I wasn't interested in a second trip."

As a teen, Margo was head over heels in love with her brother's best friend, Noah. He was always kind to her and even helped her with her homework. However, with one request, he unknowingly broke her heart.

"She was spectacular. No trace of the awkwardly cute, gawking teenager remained. Nope. Margo was stunning, and now I was the one gawking."

Years later
Ashley Jasper
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
To be honest, the cover of Hard Love just took my breath away so I didn't even read the synopsis before starting (which I like to do sometimes), so I was going in totally blind. Well double WHOOOOOOP! Joanne Schwehm gave me all the happy, fun and feel good vibes with this book.

I absolutely adored Margo. This woman is fierce. Full of passion and drive. But she was also kind and vulnerable. She knew what she wanted in both her professional and personal life and she wasn't willing to settle. Even w
Kathy
This was a sweet little love story that wasn't too heavy on the drama, the perfect amount swoon and humor to round it out.

Margo had a crush on her brother's best friend, Noah, when she was a young lady. Unfortunately, Noah didn't reciprocate her feelings and they went their separate ways.

Years later, a chance encounter thrusts Noah and Margo together again. Margo is no longer that young, naive girl... she's strong, self-assured and is not falling at Noah's feet.

He may be New York's most eligible
Tracy  Kalvin
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Margo and Noah are given a beautiful, witty story. Meeting by chance after years of no contact, this time around, Margo is the one who is standoffish.

I loved her character, her dedication. She's a hard worker and trying to make a name for herself, on her own. The chemistry between her and Noah was to die for, and Noah certainly did not disappoint. In the best of ways, I felt he was different from the average hero.

Hard Love was an addicting read. I fell in love with the characters and did not w
Kim  Brewing
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by this author and I enjoyed it.

Remember your brother's best friend, the hot one? The one that starred in all you young dreams and fantasies? Well what would you do if he finally noticed you? This is what that story is about. I loved that Margo didn't just roll over for Noah, she made it work for it. She was torn with giving him a chance after he broke her young heart. I loved that there was no unnecessary outside drama and that they acted like mature adults. Can these two
2OCC Reviews
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amber
This story has it all, friends to lovers, older brothers best friend, etc. The author is new to me but she completely pulled me in with this story. Margo had a crush on Noah when she was younger but life happens, people grow up and apart until one fateful night brings these two back together.

Noah believes he has his life in order, all his ducks in a row, until a stunning woman he rescued from the rain begins to turn everything upside down. Margo is a strong, independent woman who is striking out
Melissa
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
When you crush on your Brothers best friend and you now have a second chance yes you heard Margo's crush on Noah is no longer one sided , but she is guarded . I really enjoyed this .Refreshing love story without all the hangups. You have just enough drama to keep you on edge. There was a lot of growing up and learning to let go . You'll love Noah , you'll fall hard and quickly . Hard Love perfect title!
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author is looking for an honest review.

5 stars

I really enjoyed this book, like a lot. The whole little sister that fell head over heels for the big brothers friend, they are such a great story. The little sister that looked so young, or the the best friend that thought it is crossing a line because of friendship is something that always gets to me. So years later coming together and not knowing what to expect is pretty awesome. With that being said, the opening chapters grabbed me from the b
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
4.5 Having Your Little Girl Crush Dream Come True!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

I fell in love with Noah and Margo the minute I started reading this book. Noah is the boy that Margo grew up having an all consuming crush on because he's her older brother's best friend and spent a lot of time at their house. After he crushed her dreams, she thought it would never happen.

Well fast forward several years when Margo moves back to New York and low and behold who does she run into but Noah...and when she's
Sassy Southern
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Clinton
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When you can open a book and finish it the same day and you know when the words The End appear it was that Fantastic.
We meet Margo Perry a woman who branches out from the family business to follow her dream of becoming a stylist and running her own company Exquisitely Yours. When she runs into her crush from years ago in the most unlikely of circumstances she can't help remember everything about him.
Noah Winston the CEO of Carris Global has been dubbed the Most Eligible Bachelor in the city but
Jamie
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Author Joanne Schwehm has knocked this story out the park, I 💘 Loved it!
Noah has earned the title as the Most Eligible Bachelor, he has no intention to change that anytime soon. To settle down no way, all these ladies see are his good looks and the dollar sign behind his name. But a chance meeting with a beautiful lady in the pouring down rain just might be the game changer. Surprisingly they have a pass, Noah was Margo teenage crush. You see Noah is her brothers Best Friend. Fate has stepped i
Virginia
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really love Joanne’s books! And Hard Love is one I inhaled.

Noah and Margo knew each other as children and are now reunited as adults. When they were younger, Margo had a crush on Noah, but it was one sided. Now they meet again and Noah has an interest in Margo, but she’s afraid. Afraid to get hurt. Afraid of his intentions. Noah, however, gets what he wants. Will Margo let him in?

These two are such great characters who really are fabulous together. Their relationship is romantic and passionat
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »