Start by marking “Possession (Avenues Ink #1)” as Want to Read:
Possession (Avenues Ink #1)

Possession (Avenues Ink #1)

Paige Simon was the only girl Declan ever loved. The only one capable of silencing his voices, the only person to ever have faith in who he was, until the day her faith turned to doubt and destroyed everything they’d made together.

Declan O ’Connell was the only person Paige could be herself with. The only one she could rely on, until the day she was forced to make a choic
Published February 14th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Possession, please sign up.

A.M. Johnson Releases Feb, 16th on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited =)

Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
DNF @ 30%

I know I am VERY much in the minority on this one, but this just isn't doing it for me.

The tension and angst feels forced, I'm not connecting with the characters, and the constant italicized flashbacks are a pet peeve of mine.

That said, it's probably just me. Everyone else seems to be 5-starring the shit out of this thing.

Maybe I'll try picking it up again later.
Natalie The Biblioholic
It's LIVE with a Release Blitz + Giveaway

This was the first time I've read a book by A.M. Johnson, but it won't be the last. Her writing was beautiful, the plot was original and well-developed, and this story was packed with dynamic characters.

Declan and Paige were high school sweethearts. One day, one choice changed the direction of their lives and tore them apart. After nine years apart, they realized that their love never died, but they had to work on forgiving each other... and themselves.

De
Katie
Jan 27, 2017 Katie rated it it was amazing
5 emotional stars

OMG. I loved this book. It wasn't a typical second chance love story. It shows that even though people may be meant to be together, time doesn't heal all wounds and that the pain left in the past can follow you to the present.

And omg...the words A.M. Johnson wrote just spoke to me and flew off the page and it felt as if I watching what was happening to Paige and Declan right in front of me.

Speaking of Paige and Declan, they were such an amazing couple. I can honestly say that
A.M. Johnson
Feb 15, 2017 A.M. Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
IT'S LIVE
ONE CLICK NOW

I hope you fall in love with Paige and Declan like I did. Writing them was one of the biggest challenges I have faced when it comes to writing. They are raw and honest, and I love them like they are real. I hope you do too!
Dusti Hanrahan
Apr 19, 2017 Dusti Hanrahan rated it it was amazing
This book was so damn good!
After sitting on my review for over a week for this book, I find I am still having a hard time with it.

I absolutely loved this book. It is not your usual second chance love story- it is painful and real and it touches on some very difficult subjects. This book will break you then mend you; it is so full of pain, anger and regrets. The journey back to one another is challenging and absolutely beautiful.

Mental illness plays a HUGE role in this book; the author did an am
Bev
I honestly have no clue how to put down in words just how much I adored this book. Almost two days later and I can't stop thinking about it.

But, take a fantastic story, add in amazing characters that I loved so damn hard, writing that made me hurt when Declan and Paige hurt, cry when they cried, grieve when they grieved, laugh when they laughed,felt love and joy when they did ..... yep, the writing is that bloody good I was wrecked from all the emotion that I felt.

Their journey to their happy w
J.A. DeRouen
Dec 23, 2016 J.A. DeRouen rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by A.M. Johnson, and let me tell you, I was blown away! Her writing has a lyrical quality that nearly broke my kindle highlighter. It was poetic, smart, and heartbreakingly beautiful, but it was also raw and real in the best way. Second chance romances are a favorite of mine, and I loved watching Declan and Paige confront their past, face their fears, and rediscover each other and the love they once shared.

My favorite quote:
"I wanted to spend every minute in this tiny ram
Mg Herrera
Feb 14, 2017 Mg Herrera rated it it was amazing

A.M. Johnson knocked me completely off kilter with Possession, not only because it hit a bit close to home, but because she has certainly outdone herself with this story. I can't even begin to describe all of the feelings going through me while reading this book.

A.M. Johnson managed to handle religion, mental health and family matters in a unique, heartbreaking, yet hopeful way. She will tear your heart apart just to beautifully mend it.

Just as the story, the characters were carefully, exquisite
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Jan 23, 2017 Yvette (Booksandbandanas) rated it it was amazing
A.M. Johnson delivers a beautiful story of love, loss, and most importantly forgiveness. I've read all of AM books and it's always such an epic journey to see where her next story will take us. Declan and Paige haven't seen each other in 9 years. Being kids in love and having to make decisions they weren't wise enough to be making changed them in more ways than one. Paige isn't the same. Declan isn't the same. They both have loss more than they have lived.

Can they finally put the pieces of thei
Emmbooks
Nov 16, 2016 Emmbooks rated it it was amazing
It's easy to say 'I loved' this book. I've said it about a hundred books I've read this year. What makes this one different? I don't even know if I can define it.

This is probably AM Johnsons darkest book. It tackles some tricky subjects, ones many authors would avoid like the plague.

and that is reason number 1 why I loved it. it's brave.

I could sit and list reasons forever on why else I loved it, but the most important would be this.

These characters, these words are so VIVID. I could close
Giovanna Bovenzi Cruz
Nov 11, 2016 Giovanna Bovenzi Cruz rated it it was amazing
Paige and Declan's story is incredible!! This is probably my favorite book by A.M. Johnson so far. It's dark yet hauntingly beautiful. You'll feel her words in your soul. Their story touches on real issues that some choose to ignore. These two characters invoked all the feels and it hits you right in the gut. Your heart will break for these fragile like broken souls trying to find their way back home. If art was a religion, this book would be the Bible.
Booknerdingout Vela-Savage
Nov 16, 2016 Booknerdingout Vela-Savage rated it it was amazing
5 Utterly beautifully written stars.
Review to come.
Butthisbook
Feb 15, 2017 Butthisbook rated it it was amazing
 photo E77D2353-8CE2-4827-8A76-F72EC6A743EA_zpslskcqs1u.jpg

Possession was my first read by A.M. Johnson, and I absolutely loved it.

One of the best things an author can do for you is make you feel. I applause Johnson for delivering a story that is complex, honest and heartfelt. Her gift to make you feel a variety of emotions, make you crave experiences is true talent.

One of the things I told Johnson after reading a very emotional scene was..

"I miss the feeling of being in love. You made me miss love Amanda."

I don't think a book has ever made me miss

MyMy (PunchDrunkLibrary)
PDL's Rating: 6 'I AM' Stars (like WHOA)

I originally rated this as a 5 Stars (Loved) but as I was writing the review, I so much more than loved this book - this story took my breath away... so it's more like a "like WHOA!"

Okay, I know it’s only February of this year but I was fortunate enough to already have read a handful of books that I am holding dear to my heart. Each one of them stirred a different part of me that made me fall in love with it for its very own reason.

Possession is truly a u
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4.5 Beautifully Unique CROWNS

A.M. Johnson is so incredibly talented as a writer. Each story she creates is emotional and beautifully written, and Possession is no different. What is different, though about the first book in her Avenues Ink series is the religious as well as psychological tones of this particular romance, leaving readers with a story that is heartbreaking yet beautiful.

These characters are incredibly broken, more so than any other character I can
BexLOVESBooks
Feb 14, 2017 BexLOVESBooks rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this beautiful book. AM Johnson writes with passion. She writes with heart, and soul and balls and I fucking love it. I fell hard and fast into this story. The world just automatically felt so real and authentic and it swallowed me whole.

Dex is the kind of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. He loves with his whole being. With everything he has, and when he hurts it consumes him just as thoroughly. He lays it all on the table and you get the feeling that as the author
Stephanie Rose
Feb 16, 2017 Stephanie Rose rated it it was amazing
It's hard to convey how amazing this book was. The writing was beautiful and so real. The story was raw and original. A.M. Johnson wrote about two very sensitive subjects and wrote an amazing tale about how flaws and pain are the color and beauty in all of us.

I don't usually highlight, but I highlighted all over the place in this book. The way she wrote Declan, you suffer right along with him and feel Paige's struggle to get back the life and the boy she lost.

My first A.M. Johnson book but mos
Amanda Richardson
Jan 27, 2017 Amanda Richardson rated it it was amazing
This was the first book of Amanda's that I read, and clearly, I'm missing out. Her writing is evocative and detailed, and the story was unique enough that it kept me guessing. And the ending! Incredibly satisfying. It's rare to read books that hit all of the marks of fulfillment, but Amanda had no problem doing just that. I'm so excited for the next 2 books in the series!
Brianna
Feb 18, 2017 Brianna rated it really liked it
My rating could very well be related to a book funk... I don't know what's going on in my reading life. Even the other night I was looking on my Kindle to see if I could start something else. Of course all that I have on my Kindle are ones I want to read, but none were calling to me. I don't know what it is!
I still very much enjoyed this book. As I have for pretty much every book by this lovely author (haven't read the ones under her pen name yet!). This was such an interesting read from the be
Kim
Feb 03, 2017 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
What an incredibly moving and emotional story! I cannot even express how much I loved this book. It was so much more than a second chance love story. It was a story of hope and pain and real life. A.M.'s writing is pure magic. Declan and Paige are such beautifully and tragically broken characters. The story is told perfectly from both of their points of view and they literally jumped off the page. I felt like I was right there with them experiencing the soaring highs and pitch black lows, making ...more
literary odesssy
Feb 03, 2017 literary odesssy rated it it was amazing
Oh my Declan! I totally fell in love with this character. This book left me in deep thinking. I could totally understand and relate to the characters probably because I am a psychology major myself. The book is beautifully woven and I loved the fact that she created characters are perfect in their own little way. It was absolutely beautiful. It was absolutely difficult for me to put the book down. I like the fact that the author is brave enough to write this book. I may or may not have read the ...more
Love Grey
Jan 30, 2017 Love Grey rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
*ARC provided by the lovely author*

Possession has got to be one of A.M. Johnsons best. Its a dark angsty love story between declain and paige fighting their demons .
Especially declan hes like this lost soul that you just want to hug and tell him everything will be ok. Paige is such a sweet girl and very humble. You have to add this book to your TBRs .
This book will touch a lot of people in many different ways. Everyone deserves to have happiness and love in their lives.
Heather
Nov 11, 2016 Heather rated it it was amazing
This is the First book I have read in along time that I found myself loving the Heroine the Most, A.M. Johnson writes stories that are relatable and They suck you in so You feel like you are Truly in the story she is telling, This particular story is one that is Dark But Beautiful and once you get started you can't walk away until the End
 • L I Z •
Jan 28, 2017 • L I Z • rated it really liked it
 photo PicsArt_01-28-08.33.30_zpsjwkrxdgx.png

4 "Colourful" ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
*ARC provided by the author - thanking you kindly.

I loved Declan & Paige, their story was so beautiful & sad at the same time.

photo PicsArt_01-28-08.09.04_zpsscdxybzc.jpg

A difficult decision pushed them apart. And kept them apart for far too long.
One being forced to live in a loveless marriage, the other forced to live with the voices.

Then Paige makes a decision that changed the course of both their futures.

+ 2 sexy brothers...who love Declan fiercely.
+ 1 loyal friend, and you have a second chance roman
bookmarkbelles
Nov 20, 2016 bookmarkbelles rated it it was amazing
I had the honor of BETA reading this masterpiece. Thats right, I said masterpiece. This is AM Johnson best work yet! Possession is Raw, Emotional and Captivating. Declan will own your soul!

You will not be able to put this book down, trust me. I love that this series is totally different than anything she has ever written before. Im so grateful that this author took a risk with this series cause it will definitely pay off. Her words are so damn beautiful and this story will be one that I will al
Sbell
Mar 10, 2017 Sbell rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I absolutely
loved Declan and Paige. BUT the true
winner of this book was the true, true
love they had for one another.

They met in high school and circumstances
pull them apart. Later, they meet again and
let me just say that my heart hurt for Declan.
He had demons in his head, but really strived
to be a better person. A bigger person than
his demons.

Paige saw the real man. She was there for him
throughout everything, even when they were
being pulled in different directions.

My
Taylor
Feb 16, 2017 Taylor rated it it was amazing
"Her joy was my joy. My love was her love. Her pain was my pain. Paige and I were one."

I read many books a year, many books a month, and many books a week. But each month, each year, each week, there is one book that always sticks with me...one that you can never forget. You can't forget where you were sitting, you can't forget how you felt, and you can't forget how beautiful the story was. One that you recommend to everyone.
This. Is. The. One.

Possession is an utterly breathtaking read. Truly
Chelsea Holder
DNF @ 65%

I did enjoyed the first part especially since the author was able to build a strong family ties between the three brothers in preparation for the series.

A second chance romance with damaged H/h? Okay! Declan and Paige were very much in love with each other but later on, they were faced with something they were too young to understand and handle.

Then suddenly...

"...I was to marry the pastor’s son. I was to atone for my murdering ways.”

Is there such a thing? I couldn't understand
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 12, 2017 Vanessa (nessreads) rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided for an honest review

This book punched me in my stomach and took the air out of my lungs. It grabbed me by the neck and demanded my full attention. This book took me on a feels roller-coaster that I will not soon forget.

Declan and Paige are two individuals that will take you on such an emotional ride that you better make sure to hold on tight, if not you'll be left to dust. This isn't your typical "love story" where girl-meets-boy and they get married and have kids and live happily
Heather C
Feb 16, 2017 Heather C rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, feb-2017
A.M. Johnson is quickly becoming one of my go to authors. Everything that I have read by her as captivated me in some way. Possession is no exception. This is a book that sheds light on issues that many people are directly connected with and what I love the most about it is that it gives you hope and provides you the light that you were searching for.

This is a second chance story where the two main characters have to overcome very different issues but they are able to tackle them together. Decl
A.M. Johnson lives in Utah with her family where she works as a full-time nurse. If she’s not busy with her three munchkins, you’ll find her buried in a book or behind the keyboard. She loves romance and all things passionate. Amanda enjoys exploring all genres and bringing life to the human experience.

More about A.M. Johnson...

Avenues Ink (3 books)
  • Kingdom (Avenues Ink #2)
  • Poet (Avenues Ink #3)

“The boy I’d ruined had become the man to save me from my oblivion.” 1 likes
“You can only come to the morning through the shadows.” J. R. R. Tolkien” 0 likes