Start by marking “Kissing Booth” as Want to Read:
Kissing Booth

Kissing Booth

Who doesn’t love a fun, old-fashioned Kissing Booth? Maybe not the protagonist in this adorable, sweet YA novel.

Lisi has never been kissed. Sure, she could practice on her guy friend, Johnny, but he’s like a brother to her! So when it comes time to pick a theme for the Spring Carnival booth, Lisi suggests a "Kissing Booth," hoping it will give her the chance to get a
Published April 2nd 2009 by Point

Start your review of Kissing Booth
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sarah Bean the Green Bean Teen Queen for TeensReadToo.com

Lisi is an NBK - she's never been kissed. Lisi would really like to be kissed by her crush, Brett, who also happens to be the most popular guy in school. She doesn't think her chances are very high, since Lisi in not in the "in" crowd.

Springtime at Northside High means planning for the famous Spring Carnival. Spring Carnival is a huge deal, and this year the stakes are high for having the winning booth. Whichever booth sells
Alicia
Dec 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, romance
It reminded me a lot of high school and how some of us stay friends in high school/college and how some seem to drift away from each other.

Great Read!
Yan
Oct 29, 2008 rated it it was ok
Kissing Booth is not something to be taken critically—more of a fun, little whimsical read.

However I do have to point out that I had issues with some things. Mostly on the characters friendship wise. So Lisi has two best girl friends, Mo and Bella. They both annoy me to no end at one point or another.

Mo for instance was Lisi’s best, I mean best!, friend since childhood. After coming back from Paris after spring break, her entire appearance changes. But that does not necessary change her
Luna
Jun 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Kissing Booth fell into the category of books I buy when I need something nice that will make me smile and promises a happy ending. I got exactly what I asked for.

NBK = Never Been Kissed. That in a nutshell is Lisi’s problem. When the grand prize for the most money raised at the Spring Carnival is a trip to New York Lisi thinks she can solve it with a Kissing Booth. A chance to visit NYC and get rid of her NBK status, perfect!

Kissing Booth is a relatively short story narrated by Lisi who is
Sandy Allred
Apr 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
A cute, fun little read.

The only complaints I have are that the characters tended to get out of character quite often and sometimes their actions were a little too unbelievable.

Other than that, it was fun, romantic, and well written.
Lory Blanco
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was meant to be a light read but between school and me not liking it that much it took me forever to finish it. All in all, I didn't really enjoy it.
Jeraca
Jul 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-but-unowned
Here is my review of "Kissing Booth": http://jeracalea.blogspot.com/2012/01...
Amy
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
Lisi Jared is a junior at Northside High. Before her school break is over, she meets her best friends, Mo, Bella, and Johnny at Vinnie’s. Mo had gone to Paris, but when she came to Vinnie’s, she looked completely different. She used to dress up only in t-shirts and jeans but now she’s her blonde hair is in an afro style and her clothes trendy. Bella is guy crazy and has her sights set on Mason. Johnny is constantly making films and hopes that he’ll become a filmmaker and get accepted into a ...more
Stephanie
Mar 11, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Kissing Booth is a book for pure enjoyment. Not to be taken very seriously, Kissing Booth is a very light read.

What I enjoyed about the novel was the plot. I loved how it connected with each other and Lexie did a wonderful job in describing an actual high school particularly with its numerous dramas. Kissing Booth is totally cute and talks about things teenagers go through.

The characters' personalities were a bit iffy. Lisi's best friends, Mo and Bella were sucky best friends. One of them, Mo,
Sarah BT
Jun 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Anyone who knows me knows I’m a sucker for romances, and I couldn’t resist the adorable red and white cover for this one! I loved the idea of an old-fashioned kissing booth and wished I could go to the Spring Carnival with Lisi and her friends. Even though the story is mainly a romance, there’s also a sub-plot on friends growing up and growing apart that I thought added some depth to the story. I liked each of the characters and thought they were all well drawn-even the popular crowd was ...more
Reader17 Der
Jan 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: others-read
At first I wasn't really into this book. But by the end I was enjoying it. Throughout the book I kinda felt bad for Lisi since it did seem to have everything happen to her and to fall on her shoulders to fix it.

This story is about Lisi a girl that has never been kissed. They have to come up with something big for the spring Carnival. Secretly she has a crush on a guy and comes up with the idea of a Kissing Booth for the Carnival. Most of the book is about her and her firends, and her thinking
Feb 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was really good but the ending was disappointing. Lisi was NBK never been kissed and she was dying it kiss Brett. Mo her ex best friend left Lisi and Bella. Lisi, Bella, and Johnny decided 2 have a Kissing Booth @ the Spring Carnival. They had 2 beat the cheerleaders, aka The Fly Girls, so they could go New York City.

I would have rated this book 5 stars if Lexie Hill would of extended the ending a little bit more. She covers everything except for who won the Grand Prize trip...
Lianet Velazquez-Guizado
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This book is one of the best romance books I have read. In this book there is not only a secret romance between the main character and the popular kid, but there is also some kind of conflicts between the main character and her best friend. At the end they do get back together and the main character's other friend, who is a guy, tells his secret crush who is the main character, This book is just perfect!
Michelle. D.
Dec 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book was soooo predictable. You can read the first five chapters or so and you can predict the ending right away. The characters got on my nerves from being so clueless. I really hate the cover for some reason unknown. I have no idea why I wanted to read this book so bad but when I did, I thought in my head, "Wow, I got excited for this? This kinda sucks..."
So this was kinda one of those books that you would read in a doctors waiting room to past the time for a bit....
Ayesha
Sooo. Here's the thing. I liked the characters, I did. Lisi, Bella, Mo, Johnny.... I liked them all. But..... I just didn't really see the point of all their drama? Everybody has crushes and secrets that they don't tell even they most closest confidantes. I didn't really see the need for both of Lisi's friends to get sooooo mad at her over such a silly trifling thing. Am I wrong?
Claudia Burgoa
Jul 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads, ya
More like 2.5. This is a Kind of entertaining fast read. My biggest problem... The main character was too passive for her own good. Also, the language was very teensy like, it bugged me at times too. And the other characters didn't get a personality at all. There seem to be too many conflicts, no resolves and one oops-by-the-way... this is the end.
Heather
Jun 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was a very cute story and I really liked how it ended. I enjoyed seeing Lisi figure out what was important and what was frivolent in her life and how what she thought was best was actually hurting her and her friendships. I would certianly read a Lexie Hill book again.
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
May 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Completely adorable! Lisi is a typical teenager afraid to share her crush with her friends and of growing up. I just loved her. She was so real and normal. And Bella was the perfect friend for her. And what can I say about Johnny? So adorably cute in an understated way. So glad I found this book and read it. Definitely a favorite for sure. Too cute for it not to be.
Chardonnae
this book was interesting and it showed the mind of a true teenager because through the book I learned that the thing your looking for can be right in front of you without knowing it and Mr. Perfect may not really be Mr. Perfect. You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover cause you never know what you might find
Stefanie
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
This is one book you go in knowing how it'll end and pretty much what will happen in between, but that's why I read it. Wanted some fluffy happy reading material. However I needed more descriptions about the Spring Faire, what other booths the students were running.
––––•(-•The Insomniac Book Hoarder•-
A cute and light fluffy read. However the storyline just had too much exaggerated drama with a lack of substance. I particularly did not like nor could I relate to any of the female protagonists, Johnny however was perhaps the most grounded character..
Katie
Mar 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Not as good as I thought it would be. Sort of a disappointment.
oıɔoɹ/rocio♥
Kinda an easy read but good. I still can't believe Lisi would be so oblivious though, ugh, lol.
Jenna
Jan 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This book was cute. It's one of those easy reads you pick up and spend an afternoon on. The story is pretty predictable,but a sweet little read non the less.
Linda
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cute story. Some of the friend drama was a little over the top, but that's high school. I loved waiting for Lisi to finally figure out who she really wanted to kiss!
Lisa
May 05, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: teen, tried-to-read
Couldn't finish it. Didn't like any of the characters. Slow story. Very disappointing.
Elena R.
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was good... The only problem?... I didn't like the end! xD It was a funny story but I was somehow expecting another ending!

-El Xx
Bailey Randolph
May 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Fairly predictable, but still a fun, quirky (and typical) YA love story.
3.5. It was a cute, fluffy story.
Lu
Jan 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: friends-to-more
cute but very juvenile

• The Kissing Booth (The Kissing Booth, #1)
  • Evermore (The Immortals, #1)
  • Make me bad (Make me bad, #1)
  • Tangled (Tangled, #1)
  • Loving Mr. Daniels
  • Darker (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian, #2)
  • November 9
  • Pictures of Hollis Woods
  • Why We Broke Up
  • An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)
Lexie Hill is a pseudonym of Lexa Hillyer.

Lexie Hill studied English at Vassar College and now lives in New York City with two roommates and some plants. Her hobbies include writing, reading, shopping, eating, kissing, dancing, and making things. She also likes to watch pretty people on television and say aloud "Oh, they seem nice." Kissing Booth is her first novel.
“When there's just one pin left standing, you start to see things a little more clearly.” 1 likes