Start by marking “Sun Warrior (Tales of a New World #2)” as Want to Read:
Sun Warrior (Tales of a New World #2)

Sun Warrior

(Tales of a New World #2)

The blockbuster bestselling series is back!

#1 New York Times bestselling author of the House of Night series, P.C. Cast, brings us Sun Warrior, an epic fantasy set in a world where humans, their animal allies, and the earth itself has been drastically changed. A world filled with beauty and danger and cruelty…

The battle lines have been drawn and Mari, an Earth Walker an
Published October 17th 2017 by Wednesday Books

To ask other readers questions about Sun Warrior, please sign up.
Asteropê It looks that way, but it's really not. It's just on a different imprint. Same publishers!

Book #1 was published by "St. Martin's Griffin" - this is…more

Book #1 was published by "St. Martin's Griffin" - this is an imprint of St. Martin's Press.

Book #2 is published by "Wednesday Books" - which is a newer imprint of St. Martin's Press.

From a press release: "For the first time in 17 years, Macmillan division St Martin's Press is launching a new imprint. Wednesday Books"

Both books #1 & 2 are ultimately published by St. Martin's Press. This hasn't changed. Also, to add another layer, St. Martin's Press is part of the larger publishing house: Macmillan Publishers. All this is the same.

The only thing that changed is that it went from one imprint to another. Since the articles about Wednesday Books were dated around 2016, it's probable that book #1 was published too late to add it to the new imprint. #1 was published on their catch-all imprint (St. Martin's Griffin) for mainstream stuff. So they just waited and added #2 to it. Wednesday Books is geared more specifically: "A crossover, coming-of-age imprint for readers looking for stories in and beyond the YA..." they say.

So, yes on different imprint, no on different publisher.

As for why, I can only speculate as I did - that book #1 was published too late to add it to the new imprint and so they decided to add #2 and any new books to it. Since the books fit the more specific imprint of Wednesday Books, they probably thought it was a better match than their catch-all mainstream line. (less)

Carrie
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Sun Warrior by P.C. Cast is the second book in the fantasy Tales of a New World series. In the first book of the series readers were introduced to Mari who had been raised by her mother who was an Earth Walker. Calling on the power of the moon her mother could heal the clan and needed to name a replacement for her position. Mari should have been the one chosen but Mari had to hide half of herself her whole life because her father was not of the Earth Walkers. When an attack happened Mari decided ...more
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
An ARC has been kindly provided by St Martin's Press, via NetGalley.com, in exchange for an honest review.

4,5 stars

Note to the reader this is not a stand-alone and must be read after Moon Chosen as it's the continuation of Marian Nick's story

Let’s establish something right away: PC Cast knows her job and its intricacies extremely well.
She's once more made me live an extraordinary adventure right alongside Mari, Nick and a collection of fascinating side characters. Some of them truly deserve
Suzanne
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Seriously loving these characters and this world. I think this one flowed better because we already got the majority of the backgrounds and world building out of the way. This book was so much easier and faster to read than the first one, though I still really liked the first book of the series. I am very interested in seeing more from these characters and this intriguing world!
Ashley Drumm
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pc-cast
This series just keeps getting better. One of my favorites. I'd give it more than 5 stars if I could. I definitely recommend this series.
Hannah L (Reviewer)
description
The second instalment in the Tales of a New World series, Sun Warrior takes off immediately off of where Moon Chosen left off. With the forest on fire and many falling to its flames, good and evil rise to take over. The Skin Stealers plot their take over of the dying tribe of tree and the Earth Walkers plan their new lives as a freed people. Mari is thrust back into the responsibility of saving not only herself, but all of the Earth Walkers and a good piece of the Tribe of Trees as well. Nik, s
Tammy Reynolds
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The down side to reading a really good book when it first comes out is you've got to wait so long to continue the story. It was pulling at my heart in so many ways. I was sad, joyous, and madder than hell, but most of all I felt the love pouring out of every chapter. I just really want to sit and have the entire series, start to finish, in front of me. waiting is the hardest part!!!
T.J. Marques
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the second book of the Tales of a New World Series, we find ourselves in the middle of a chaotic situation. The fire has consumed the most part of the forest and Mari, Nik, Rigel and Laru have to find their way out to Earth Walker territory but only Mari can call sunfire and stop the flames that's destroying everything in its way.

We also have the opportunity to know a lot more about Antreas and his Lynx Companion, Bast (which I came to love even more after some pages and the romantic parts w
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
Sun Warrior picks up exactly where Moon Chosen left us hanging. This book was a great follow up and I can’t wait for book 3!

I loved this book so much. We are taken deeper into Mari’s world and some other unexpected guests along the way. I loved meeting the new companions and their canines and lynx. I loved seeing Sora finding herself and Danita too. Mari coming into her own skin. Love being rekindled and possibly some new love on the horizon.

P.C. Cast is a masterful storyteller. She weaves a w
Escape into a Booksite
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-paperback
*4 Stars*

Copy kindly received from Pan Macmillan Australia in exchange for an honest review, and in preparation for the release of Wind Rider.

Sun Warrior continues Nik and Mari's story from the exact point where it finished off in Moon Chosen. This one flows a lot nicer and is a lot easier to read than the first book, and I think thats mainly due to the fact that Cast spent plenty of time explaining and introducing these characters and their world in the first novel.

The only things I didn't l
Leandra
VIDEO REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ87Z...

Also posted on my blog

Before I get into my review, I would really briefly like to address the issue that people have allegedly been having with this series, apparently because they have seen racist parts in it. I am not usually someone who engages in debates like this and I like to keep myself out of them in general but I would like to say that personally, I have not read or seen anything remotely racist in this series. Yes, the characters of
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review*
"Isn't death just another part of life- perhaps the most important part?"
This book was one of my most anticipated releases of 2017 and it met some of my expectations and exceeded others!
This book picks up immediately after the events that happened at the end of Moon Chosen but even though there were a lot of things happening, I still felt like it had a slow start. It drove me a bit further into my slump but it was to be expected since
Danii
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay, don’t get me wrong, I DID enjoy this book. I really did. But parts of it just dragged on and on and it took me forever to finish for that reason. This book could have easily been condensed down to 400 pages with none of the story being cut out.
I loved seeing Nik and Mari’s journey after the fire in this book, and the creation of the new pack. The new characters were also awesome additions! I definitely have some new favorite characters that weren’t in the first book as much.
I’ve seen a lot
Rianonne
3,5 Sterne
Fangs for the Fantasy
Jun 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
I did it, I read Sun Warrior. It was a book I picked up with a great deal of trepidation and no small amount of dread. The House of Night Series remains one of the worst I have ever endured and Moon Chosen manages to plum still deeper depths. I did not have high expectations for Sun Warrior

Which made reading Sun Warrior, almost a pleasant surprise. Oh, not because it was good. Not because it came even close to good. Not because it could even see good on a clear day with a telescope. Because it w
Alexis
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Am I the only one who thought the dialogue was really annoying?
Andrea
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
So I went into this barely remembering what happened in Moon Chosen. But everything worked out! The beginning of this book has Nik and Mari running from the fire that started at the Farm and we get a bit of a summary of the ending of book 1. Which was perfect to jog my memory enough.

So Thaddeus is still a fucking asshole and I wanted him to die in that forest fire he started, (view spoiler). Basically, I hated him a lot and he probably will always
*Thea 'Wookiee'sMama' Wilson*
Love, love, love this book! It's a very worthy successor to Moon Chosen and is really just as exciting and entrancing.

Sun Warrior continues the story of Earth Walker Mari and Nik of the Tribe. Two people so unlike in so many ways and so similar in others, and who use their new found understanding of each other and their cultures to show their people how they need not remain enemies and how they could come together without the hatred between them. Sadly there are still those with other plans....
Jaime
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The only negative is that sometimes I had to read certain parts again to understand better. But man this is the book I’ve been waiting for. Can’t wait for the next!
Diana De jesus
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!! Loved the ending, the third book comes out in November!!! Can’t wait!!!
Sarah Lucas
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great continuation of Moon Chosen! I did struggle through the Dead Eye/Death chapters, however, because I just wasn't in the right mental place to deal with the darkness and violence. Mari and Sora are fantastic, strong female characters and I loved the addition of Antreas and Bast. It's a great, feel-good YA series that furthers my love for animals.
ShortButSweetReviews
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Refreshing, mystical, heartwarming. Definitely a new favorite!
Liz Friend
May 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
The story: As the Skin Stealers plan their advance, Earth Walkers and Tree Tribes must learn to live together, or die separate.

June Cleaver's ratings: Language R; Sexual content R; Nudity R; Substance abuse PG-13; Magic & the occult PG-13; GLBT content PG; adult themes (rape, war crimes) R; overall rating R.

Liz's comments: I was really a fan of Moon Chosen, first book in the series. This one...not so much. The characters spends way too much time deciding that "We can along together after all
Cathy  Pratt
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book but the only thing that turned me off about both books is the stories of Dove and Dead Eye. To me it does not really fit in the books until Dove came in contact with does and the "pack". Then I totally understood the story but still a turn off for me. I cannot wait to get the 3rd book!!!!
Abby Lewis
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant book by my fave author. Well one of them! A much needed read, make sure you read the first... I’m so looking forward to the next installment!
Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews)

I did receive an advanced digital ARC from NetGalley (thank you) but as I listened to book one and enjoyed the experience I waited to listen until I could get the audiobook on release day.

Rating: 5 Stars

Things pick up right where we left off. Mari and Nik and their canines are fleeing in a boat from the angry Thaddeus and his followers who murdered Nik's father and blame Mari for that and the raging fire that fell down upon the tribe and is currently bur
Sabrina
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inhalt:

Mari und Nik konnten gemeinsam mit ihren vierbeinigen Gefährten der Flammenhölle entkommen, die den Wald in ihren Fängen hält. Doch die Gefahr ist noch lange nicht gebannt, denn weiterhin befinden sich Freunde und Familie in der lodernden Hölle und kämpfen um ihr Leben. Vor allem die Baumstadt des Stamms des Lichts droht in den Flammen vernichtet zu werden.

Doch wehr kann den Flammen einhält gebieten und sie stoppen? Denn nach einem hinterhältigen Angriff verlor der Sonnenpriester und einz
Katie
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jolie
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Going to put this right out here. If you haven’t read Moon Chosen, then don’t read this review of Sun Warrior. I cannot review this book without giving away major spoilers for Moon Chosen.

Now saying that….I was very excited when St. Martin’s Press approached me to review Sun Warrior. I had enjoyed reading Moon Chosen and I was hoping that I would be able to read Sun Warrior. I was glad that St. Martin’s Press did approach me because I liked Sun Warrior. I do want to warn people, this book is ver
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meine Meinung:

Ich bin ein großer P. C. Cast Fan. House of Night habe ich damals geliebt. Auch der erste Band dieser neuen Reihe hat mir richtig gut gefallen. Es war mal etwas anderes. Viele Dinge hat die Autorin im ersten Band bewusst offen gelassen, sodass ich gespannt war, was sich alles in diesem Teil ergibt.

Ich bin gut in die Geschichte reingekommen, was daran lag, dass mir die Handlung des ersten Teils noch präsent war und der zweite Band unmittelbar am Ende des Ersten ansetzt. Es ist unbed
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more

Tales of a New World (3 books)
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
  • Wind Rider (Tales of a New World, #3)