Start by marking “Knit Quick (Portland Heat, #4.1)” as Want to Read:
Knit Quick (Portland Heat, #4.1)

Knit Quick

(Portland Heat #4.1)

Free Portland Heat short story, available exclusively for newsletter subscribers. 10,000 words, set after KNIT TIGHT and best enjoyed as part of that series!
Published February 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Knit Quick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knit Quick

Meags
3 Stars

Knit Quick is another lovely short in Albert's Portland Heat series.

This one takes a glimpse into the lives of Ev and Brady from Knit Tight. They are now married and settled in their coupledom, living above Ev's yarn shop with Brady's kid siblings in tow.

This shorty follows the lead up to Valentine's Day and highlights the everyday obligations and stresses both men face together. Add to that, Brady is also looking into starting his own coffee cart business, with the guidance of Robby fr
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Ev and Brady aren't my favorite couple of the series, but I liked this kinky, feel good story.

Making compromises, supporting each other: that's what being a family is all about.

I have no doubt Brady will rock his new coffee cart.

So much sweetness AND a dog named Apricot. WIN.
Neil Plakcy
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A charming little bit from Albert's world. I love the way she's able to establish her characters and set up the situation so quickly. A light, quick read that was very enjoyable.
Hollis
Liked the resolution more than the lead-up and all the drama between it. I did love being back with the kids, though.
Alisa
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet short story that shows Brady and Ev a few years down the road as they raise their little family and try to make some big decisions for the future. It had a lot of story, a lot of emotion and even some smutty times all wrapped up in just a few pages. I enjoyed it a lot.

**This is not a stand alone. You should not read if you haven't read Knit Tight yet.**
iva
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was afraid that Valentine's day would be a bit cliché, but Albert proved me wrong. Almost everything that could have gone wrong went wrong, but the MC's still managed to take my breath away with being cute, talking about their problems and having hot sex. And I'm so glad that they worked out Ev's insecurity about not being good enough for kids and Brady's work situation - seriously, no matter the promotion, he was far too good for Randy. And the dog <3
Tj
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cute-sweet
Knit Quick gave us a peek into Ev and Brady's life after the I Dos are said. Ev and Brady had a differing sexual dynamic, and they have made it work for them and are building a life together. Love is knitted into the fabric of their lives and the decisions they make.
Becca
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really need to read all these series. The shorts are just perfect. I love them. I love that this one shows the work of marriage. The ups, downs, fears and all.
Jane Harper
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A perfect addition to this series - just the "extra" that Knit Tight needed.
* A Reader Obsessed *
3 Stars

A sweet and lightly kinky look at Ev and Brady making their family work, strengthening bonds, and planning for the future.
Lillian Francis
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love that in this short story we get Ev's pov, which is something that is lacking from their main story. A quick catch-up that takes place at some point after the 'I do's, that shows how they are all adapting to life together. Helps understand Ev's character a bit more.
We get family drama, a career change, even more commitment, sexy times, and 'I love you's, all in a 10k story. A remarkable feat. It almost feels like I've read a whole novel.
Perfect follow up.
Carly
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I always feel like it's cheating to log these shorts as books, but also Albert has a ton of them on her website and I'll never remember which I read without doing so. The story itself was fine, but doesn't really add anything to the original book.
Staphysagria
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
short and oh so sweet. Evren is such a unique character , down to his manner of speaking. And the dog and the kids are realistic and lively. Brady is a bit pale in comparison in this one, but, never mind, the two guys are a lovely couple.
Diane
I received this through the instafreebie program. I went back and reread 'Knit Tight' so I had the characters and flow of the story in mind before starting. I'm so glad I did. The build up to Ev and Brady's life together was perfect and made this short story so much more meaningful. A great lesson in trust, communication and the importance of family and joint decision making. In and out of the bedroom!

A perfect addition to the Portland Heat series!
C.
I received a free copy of this book from instafreebie.com.

A short and sweet story. It's been awhile since I read the first story with Ev and Brady, but I was able to catch up. It also made me want to get back into my knitting.
Laura DeSimone
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick cute read.
Amanda
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I was excited to see that this short opened with Ev's POV. I thought here, finally, we'd get some insight into what goes on in this man's heart. And, well, I guess we did, sort of, but overall it seems to me that Ev remains aloof. But a strong 3 stars because I still heart Brady hard.
Karen
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shana
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Evren and Brady made such a lovely family!
Bobbi
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Knit Quick, Portland Heat book 4.1 by Annabeth Albert. I’ve not read the books this short goes with, but I still enjoyed it and the characters.
Wax
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Not my favorite Portland Heat couple, but fun to catch up with them during an important moment in their relationship.
Denise GremoryKohta
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved catching up on Brady and Ev. Also, we got a little tidbit on other much loved couples. Having Robbie help Brady get his own coffee cart was brilliant. Can't wait to see what's next for the men of Portland.
Anu
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sweet little story of Ev and Brady and their family. These two are my favourite characters in the PH universe and I just cannot get enough of them.
Shelley Chastagner
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top of perfection. The little something extra to make fans of Knit Tight squeal with delight. Thank you Annabeth.
Adult read
The_Book_Queen
4 1/2 Stars!

A lovely addition to Ev and Brady's story, giving readers the heat we already know and love between these two but also the cute, everyday moments as they settle into their lives.
Kim
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
How wonderful that the problems Ev and Brady face are so.... normal. Truly loved this visit with these two!
Angie
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adored this short that shares the daily life between Brody and Ev as well as their family.
Jenn (not Lily)
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
So good to see how Ev and Brady are doing with Brady's siblings!
Zane Kage
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-75

• Something Permanent (Middle of Somewhere, #2.1)
  • Dear Mona Lisa...
  • Everything He Needs (The Last Thing He Needs, #1.5)
  • Bronze Star (Veterans Affairs, #3)
  • Deefur And The Great Mistletoe Incident
  • The Way to his Heart (Together, #2)
  • Whiteout (Unexpected, #1)
  • Oh, Crap! This Jock's Getting Married (Jock, #1.5)
  • The Winter Spirit
  • Introducing Mr. Winterbourne
  • Compensations (Life Lessons, #3.5)
  • Twelfth of Never (Blind Faith #3.5)
  • Wake Up Married serial, Episodes 1 - 3: Wake Up Married, Meet the Family, Do the Holidays (Wake Up Married #1-3)
  • Returning Home (The Alphas' Homestead #2)
  • Hair of the Dog (Sinners, #1.5)
  • Hooch & Cake (Special Delivery, #1.5)
  • A Serious Thing (Will & Patrick, #1.5)
  • Te quiero
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.

Portland Heat (6 books)
  • Served Hot (Portland Heat, #1)
  • Baked Fresh (Portland Heat, #2)
  • Delivered Fast (Portland Heat, #3)
  • Knit Tight (Portland Heat, #4)
  • Wrapped Together (Portland Heat, #5)
  • Danced Close (Portland Heat, #6)