Jump to ratings and reviews

Telepathic Dolphin Experiment

During a life-long search to scientifically document paranormal phenomena, Dr. Sandra Grant discovers that dolphins offer ideal research subjects. Through her persistence and the aid of a government contractor, a pair of twin dolphins is made available to her by a paranoid general intent upon the ultimate destruction of the USSR, but facing a public relations nightmare due to his support of a recently exposed secret military program to use marine mammals as weapons.

General Pratt Houston's intelligence sources indicate that Russia has an overwhelming arsenal of nuclear weapons. Driven mad by the government's past reluctance to use full military force in Viet Nam, and with the refusal of Congress to use nukes against the Iraqis, General Houston forces a computer programmer to create a virus designed to wreak havoc on the Soviet Defense Network. Designated as ANX, the virus will penetrate the defense network and disrupt their communication systems, When Russia panics and launches their missiles out of desperation, ANX will corrupt their guidance systems and cause them to misfire. The subsequent U.S. counterattack will permanently solve the arms imbalance--at least according to the General's twisted thinking.

However, through a bizarre chain of events, the ultimate fate of humanity depends upon the determination and resourcefulness of Dr. Grant and her telepathic dolphins to thwart the General’s sinister plan

225 pages, Kindle Edition

First published February 12, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Ron S. Nolan

7 books1 follower
Ron S. Nolan Biography

Dr. Ron S. Nolan lives in Aptos, California near the sunken ship at the end of the pier in SeaCliff Beach. He spends his days working out, running, writing and performing investigations as an independent tech patent researcher.

I was born as Roland Orn Scott, III in Goodland Kansas and until I was three, I lived in a farm shack that had no electricity, plumbing or telephone on a section of land which my father purchased from his parents who owned the Scott Ranch. My mother was a true beauty and as the story goes, was born in the caretaker's quarters of Emily Dickinson's carriage house in Amherst, Massachusetts and grew up in high style on Pelham Road in a house complete with a greenhouse, gardens and a lawn tennis court. After receiving her teaching credentials from Salem State College just as WW II wound down, she met my father, a handsome sailor at a local USO party, fell in love and was swept away to a shack located in the wheat fields of Western Kansas. My mom taught grades 1-6 in a one room school house—some of the kids rode horses to school which must have been a major culture shock, but ended abruptly when my student pilot father was killed in a mid-air collision with his flight instructor and burned to death before our eyes.

She remarried to William Joseph Nolan—a friend of my father Roland--who tragically had lost his family as well. When they married, Bill hadn't finished high school so he studied and passed his GED. Meanwhile he worked as a Holsum Bread truck driver, set ties on the railroad and finally opened a grocery store in Sharon Springs. During that time we lived in a run down former restaurant on the outskirts of town. Full of ambition, Bill ran for the office of Wallace County Sheriff and my mom ran for County Superintendent—both were elected. Bill went to sheriff school in Lawrence, Kansas and was so impressed with the fabulous Kansas University that after his term as sheriff (including one jail break and car chase) moved us to Lawrence where he became an honor student in Latin American studies and taught Spanish at Central Junior High School then went on to get his Doctorate in Latin American Affairs at K.U.

My mother also taught at Woodlawn Lincoln Elementary School and eventually attended KU where she became an Assistant Professor developing innovative reading curricula. We spent my 10th grade year in Cali, Colombia—quite a change from Lawrence. After I graduated from KU, they took leave of Lawrence and joined the faculty of the University of Western Kentucky where they went on to explore Mexico, Central and South America and socialized with artists, presidents, and local educators.

I was accepted into the graduate program at the UC San Diego Scripps Institution of Oceanography where I specialized in coral reef ecology building artificial study reefs in the lagoon of Enewetak Atoll in Micronesia. (Enewetak is one of the primary locations in the Telepathic Dolphin Experiment.) My original mission to Enewetak was to survey of fish populations inhabiting nuclear test craters where I camped out on Runit Island with fellow graduate students. Later on the Atomic Energy Commission found chunks of raw plutonium at our campsite and thought better about sending unprotected adventurers to the Runit Island where the Cactus Crater nuclear test crater is now covered by a massive concrete dome and rumored to be leaking radiation into the marine environment.

After completing my degree at Scripps, I founded an environmental consulting firm on the Big Island of Hawaii and an advanced technology marine shrimp hatchery and farm on Molokai which led to the formation of the Island Shrimp Shop in Encinitas, California and the North Shore Seafood Company in Ketchum, Idaho where my wife at the time and I shared great rapport with our own cast of world famous celebrities, actors and musicians. From there I became a Research Associate in Computer

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (100%)
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 of 1 review
Profile Image for Joshua Grant.
Author 22 books234 followers
February 23, 2021
Ron Nolan gives us a really interesting twist on the Cold War thriller genre with Telepathic Dolphin Experiment! Dr. Sandra Grant seeks to collect scientific data on paranormal events and ends up working on a military project with dolphins. But when a general hellbent on destroying the USSR activates his crazy plan, it weirdly falls to Grant and her dolphins to save the world. The premise sounds absolutely insane, but Nolan always does an amazing job of grounding his stories in fact and making them believable. I really loved Sandra and her dolphins and the heartfelt nature versus technology feel of this one! Nolan’s new take on the Cold War was both absurd and addicting, and I thoroughly enjoyed this strange genre blend! If you love the Cold War, dolphins, or speculative fiction, come try out your telepathy with Telepathic Dolphin Experiment!
Displaying 1 of 1 review

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.