Start by marking “Special A, Vol. 08 (Special A, #8)” as Want to Read:
Special A, Vol. 08 (Special A, #8)

Special A, Vol. 08 (Special A #8)

4.35  ·  Rating Details ·  1,823 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Her whole life, Hikari Hanazono has been consumed with the desire to win against her school rival, Kei Takishima--at anything. He always comes out on top no matter what he does, and Hikari is determined to do whatever it takes to beat this guy...somehow When Hikari finally asks Kei out, it seems like a dream come true. But Kei wasn't counting on a double date with Sakura a ...more
Published January 6th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Special A, Vol. 08, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special A, Vol. 08

Ahmad Sharabiani
Special A, Vol. 8 (Special A #8), Maki Minami
Alexei
Jun 11, 2014 Alexei rated it liked it
Come check out my book blog! Teenage Bookaholic

SYNOPSIS: *Please note that this is a review for the entire series, comprised of 17 books*
Hikari Hanazono is not your typical high school girl. While she comes from a modest background, she strives to do her best at anything and everything to top her rival. After losing an impromptu wrestling match as a child, Hikari made it her life's goal to beat Kei Takishima, a wealthy child who is destined to work for the family business, any way possible. She
Michelle. D.
I love Tadashi!!! He is my favourite character!!!!!!!!
Tadashi ♥♥♥ :D

So this review is for the overall series. I give the overall series 5 stars because it was raelly good.

Funny at times, romantic at times, cute at times, sad at times. Also, I really loved the art (It's true! I have some saved pictures from things in the book.)

I would like to say that Hikari is SOOOOOOOO dense. I mean like crazy. I'm not even joking. I'm not going to tell you why but I want to say that when she said that and Taki
Alya Atiera
May 14, 2016 Alya Atiera rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, comic
The rating and review are conclusion for all of the volumes. Except for the synopsis.

Okay, where do I begin? The first volume is not that bad. A bit like warming up. As the story goes on, it gets more interesting and funnier. I love the ending. It's totally cute!

(view spoiler)
MarsianMan
Dec 02, 2010 MarsianMan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Note:This review is a series review, not really a volume specific review.

One of my favorite mangas. An excellent shoujo (meaning it is a comic aimed at teenage girls) story about Hikari whose life mission is to beat Kei. She goes to a very expensive school (one that her family can barely afford) for the sole purpose of trying to beat Kei. Poor Hikari is a clueless and loving girl who is always #2 in everything while Kei is #1. A good mix of drama, hilarity, and sweetness.
Dianne Owens
Mar 17, 2013 Dianne Owens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We are finally beginning to see the cast forming into noticeable couples. Kind of interesting seeing how these side stories also affect the primary storyline as well. Though the story is hilarious, we also get to see character development for the various characters, as well as what can be referred to as foreshadowing for future chapters. Loving it in spite of knowing that I am close to halfway through the entire story.
Lauren
Apr 30, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This series was amazing! Hikari and Kai's relationship is so comedic and heartwarming. I got through this series so fast and I just wanted to keep reading. All the characters are fun and this series is very entertaining.

If you liked Ouran High School Host Club I would recommend this series.
Hannah
Sep 18, 2014 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Series Review: Special A is a interesting and cute manga that I really enjoyed. It was funny and entertaining plot and character wise. I most enjoyed the dynamic between the characters. I recommend giving this manga a try.
Jenny Clark
Mar 07, 2015 Jenny Clark rated it it was amazing
Hahaha I love the "Go Tadashi" bonus at the end. Poor Kei with his Grandfather and all... and Aoi with his ulcer... Love Hikari's present for him!
Hannah
Jun 07, 2016 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kei's personality really amazes me. He's really gentle towards the girl he likes~ Really an ideal type!!
Priyam
Oct 18, 2008 Priyam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Hooray! The missing chapters were scanslated and this book can go on my read list! Thankies to VN_Vertigo and SpecialAScans for scanslating the missing chapters! :D
Invisible  dreams
Mar 02, 2009 Invisible dreams rated it it was amazing
Good manga <3
Victoria Newman
Nov 23, 2016 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
It is a great book to read
Paula
This series was hilarious! I found myself laughing out loud ever so often as I eagerly read the story. This author's work is just remarkable!
Hera Marie
Hera Marie rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2013
Yunit Anggraini
Yunit Anggraini rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
LadyDeath39
LadyDeath39 rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Doni Hendon
Doni Hendon rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2013
Elena
Elena rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Protyasha Roy
Protyasha Roy rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2017
Book_Ninja
Book_Ninja rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Gabrielle Wilkinson
Gabrielle Wilkinson rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Nhung Vu
Nhung Vu rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2013
Jenica Buella
Jenica Buella rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2014
Khaee
Khaee rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2011
Lesley
Lesley rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2009
Mia
Mia rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2013
Jay
Jay rated it it was ok
Jan 21, 2017
Dora
Dora rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2015
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 07 (Maid Sama! #7)
  • High School Debut, Vol. 10 (High School Debut, #10)
  • Love★Com, Vol. 8
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 03 (Gakuen Alice, #3)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 3 (Wild Ones, #3)
791996
She is a Japanese manga author. She is best known as the author of manga series Special A.

In 2001, her short story Day Dream Believer (デイ・ドリーム・ビリーバー) received an Honourable Mention for Hakusensha's 25th Athena awards. She debuted in Hana to Yume's October 2001 issue with a short story titled Faraway Blue (彼方の青 Kanata no Ao).
Maki Minami's longest running series, Special A, began publication in 200
More about Maki Minami...

Special A (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Special A, Vol. 1 (Special A, #1)
  • Special A, Vol. 02 (Special A, #2)
  • Special A, Vol. 3 (Special A, #3)
  • Special A, Vol. 4 (Special A, #4)
  • Special A, Vol. 5 (Special A, #5)
  • Special A, Vol. 6 (Special A, #6)
  • Special A, Vol. 7 (Special A, #7)
  • Special A, Vol. 9 (Special A, #9)
  • Special A, Vol. 10 (Special A, #10)
  • Special A, Vol. 11 (Special A, #11)