Start by marking “Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail, #4)

Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail #4)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  5,132 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
S IS FOR SCREWUP

S-Class quests are so dangerous that one false move means certain death! Now loose cannon Natsu, rookie Lucy, and nearly powerless Happy have embarked on a stolen S-Class quest, setting out for the Demon Island. Can anyone stop them before they get themselves killed?
Published September 16th 2008 by Del Rey (first published May 17th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Tail, Vol. 04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Tail, Vol. 04

Emma
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Do Lucy's breasts get bigger in every volume?
Roxana-Mălina Chirilă
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
When you start reading shonen manga, the first feeling you have is one of novelty. No superheroes here, saving the day, no ever-resetting plots - instead, young people learning to get over their issues through hard work and with their help of their friends.

After you go through a few series, you start seeing a pattern: hard work, friends. People crying out spell names during fights. Missing parental figures (Bleach - dead mom for the main character, Naruto - dead parents for the main character (a
Sonia
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have been in an on and off relationship with this series. I have loved the anime Rave Master by the same author and enjoyed some of the manga bits by him. (I have never fully read the Rave Master Manga series though I should). That is how i came to this series many years ago.

I first saw the anime and then the manga, but eventually I got bored with it because during those times the big names of Naruto, Fairy Tail, and other shounen series were popular and i was craving something different then
Elizabeth (Elzburg)
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, manga, ya
This volume was better than the previous one because this new arc is actually… Interesting??? This is the Deliora arc, and we’ve got the gang on a cursed island it’s a pretty good time. I was surprised reading this because I thought that this arc happened way later? For some reason? I read this in a speedy hour and a half, so that was wild. At this point since I kind of know what happens next, I’m just excited to see that.

There were two people who had this book borrowed before me, but the next
Christina (Christina's Book Corner)
Michelle
Still meh. This volumes is the beginning of a new quest for Natsu, Lucy, Happy, and (initially unwillingly) Gray, but this title continues to remain uninteresting to me.

I wouldn't mind the high-jinks so much if there was a bit more consistency and internal logic in this world. Lucy and co. discover that moonlight is causing people on a small island to morph into weird demonoid looking creatures, and it's later revealed that there's a giant demon encased in ice that is the root cause to all this
Soline
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
We're about to discover Grey's backstory... I'm not ready for this. THERE WILL BE TEARS. I KNOW IT.
Melanie
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads, manga
I still remember watching this arc for the first time on TV 3 to 4 years ago. I love how this volume (as well as the next one after that) provides us with inside knowledge about Gray's past. Gray, in my opinion, is one of the most interesting characters in the manga, and I loved discovering about him once again. (even though my favourite character, for some reason that I can't explain, is definitely Cana Alberona :D ) Also, I loved seeing Lucy's first times with Virgo, who is definitely one of m ...more
Mal
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I only watched about 48 episodes of Fairy Tail before I got bored, but the Demon Island adventure was one of my favorites (it's my second favorite arch, I guess, cause Loke).

Dayana Gonzalez
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love Natsu and Gray's love-hate relationshing XD
I liked learning about Gray's past.
MC
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some intro into the "rating" systems of wizards and some more ofnGrays's back story. Good stuff. Fan service might annoy some, but it isn't too much, and is fine really.
Paul Spence
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
After dealing the destructive consequences of their last mission (the Fairy Tail team took out a lot of buildings and railroad tracks resolving the Lullaby plot line), Natsu, Gray, and Lucy try to relax back at the guild hall. Natsu sends Happy the flying cat up to the second floor to steal an S-class assignment from the upstairs workboard. Those missions (and indeed, the second floor itself) are only for S-class wizards in the guild, a status to which Natsu aspires. How can you gain S-class ran ...more
Amber ☾♥
Eh...

Probably my least favorite of all the mangas thus far.
Not all that much happened because I know we are being lead up to a something massive ( because I've seen this part if the anime) and this was pretty much just that.

However, I'm loving the fact that we are finally getting to some of Gray's backstory. 💖 I'm also happy that, as the manga progresses, Lucy seems like less of an airhead (for the most part).

Nothing terrible here, I just felt like this particular installation should have been
Frahorus
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, fairy-tail, fantasy
I nostri partono per l'Isola di Garuna, dove scopriranno esservi una maledizione demoniaca. E Gray dovrà rispolverare il suo triste passato, scontrandosi col suo ex amico Leon. Intanto Natsu e Lucy difendono il villaggio dell'isola dal trio di compagni di Leon che sembrano daranno del filo da torcere ai nostri maghi.
Glaiza Champion
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This volume shows more about Gray's background. Gray is Natsu's rival - an ice wizard to Natsu's fire eating magic. That's where their differences end though. They're pretty much the same and I think that's why they get on each other's nerves so much.
Sam Chapman
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Such an interesting volume, it set up an amazing story arc that is now my favourite so far. I love how the chapters are paced and how fast the volumes fly by and so I will be continuing with this manga.
Katie Lea
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy all of the characters and the storyline of this series!!
Kaitlin
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Generally, I enjoyed the build up to what I am hoping is going to be an awesome fight in the next volume. I can't say more than that without dicing into spoilers.
Brendan
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it when heroes do something beyond their power and find a way to survive it.
Apple12350
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Mary
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love learning more of the characters background.
Inês Mendes
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Let's continue on with the adventure!
Teresa cox
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge-7, library
Dominique
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
Going into Gray's backstory has been really interesting.
Katherine M
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This volume of fairy tail was interesting and entertaining. Erza one of the bad A girls had a moment to looked adorable when she fell into a hole natsu made. It was great to shed some light onto Gray's past and explanation of why he is stripping all the time.
Hayley
Nov 14, 2017 added it
I like how Happy takes an S-class job and has Natsu and Lucy come along with him. Then Gray randomly shows up trying to take them back but goes with him.
Joseph R.
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alex Garcia-jayer
really interesting
Oscar  Leal
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
¡Muy buen tomo! , mucho más de lo que esperaba de esta franquicia que no terminaba por convencerme . Este tomo inicia con el primer arco realmente serio que cubre la isla Garuma donde los habitantes son afectados por una maldición que los convierte físicamente en demonios , a cada poco más comienza a ser afectados psicologicamente a tal punto de romperse emocionalmente y ser sacrificados con lagrimas en los ojos a petición de ellos mismos por los otros habitantes menos afectados por el momento. ...more
Strangerealms
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mangas
My review is for the whole manga so far (50 volumes). Fairy Tail is set in a fantasy world where wizards join guilds to make a living, and help the population who have no magic and cannot face certain threats. Lucy is such a wizard looking for a guild, and after meeting Natsu she joins his guild Fairy Tail. I watched the anime first and I prefer the anime look, but the drawings do get better after some volumes. The regions do look pretty, and the cities as well. The manga is packed with humor an ...more
Mrs. Anderson's E...: Fairy Tail 1 2 Mar 10, 2016 03:56PM
  • One Piece, Volume 11: The Meanest Man in the East (One Piece, #11)
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.
More about Hiro Mashima

Fairy Tail (1 - 10 of 63 books)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 1 (Fairy Tail, #1)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 05 (Fairy Tail, #5)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 06 (Fairy Tail, #6)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 07 (Fairy Tail, #7)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 08 (Fairy Tail, #8)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 09 (Fairy Tail, #9)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Lathe of Heaven
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
    $9.99 $1.99
  • King of Thieves
  • Area 51 (Area 51, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth Strike (Star Carrier, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Parable of the Sower (Earthseed)
    $17.99 $2.99
  • The Mission (Area 51, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Extinction Point (Extinction Point, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Perfection (Finding Paradise #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
  • After On: A Novel of Silicon Valley
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Sphinx (Area 51, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rewinder (Rewinder Series Book 1)
  • Master of Formalities
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Grail (Area 51, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Excalibur (Area 51, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Into the Black (Odyssey One, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Devotion (Finding Paradise, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Points of Impact (Frontlines #6)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Dystopia Chronicles (Atopia, #2)
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Clay's Ark (The Patternist Series)
  • The Iron Dragon's Daughter
  • Once Was a Time
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Broken Sword
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mind of My Mind (The Patternist Series)
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Truth (Area 51, #7)
  • The Bird Eater